Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Shooting Star Dragon' timestamp='1292481154' post='4856420']
*sits in corner* .... *head down at how he's been forgotten as the creator of the RP*
[/quote]

SSD, I'm going to try to say this nicely. Don't be offended.

1) You haven't been forgotten as the CREATOR. Host and creator are two different things, the role just overlaps by default.

2) When was the last time you actually did something to run the RP? Even when I started as co-host, I was doing more than you. I was the one accepting and denying characters and doing everything I could to keep things running smoothly. You usually just showed up every now and then, ignored apps (and when I pointed out an indecision, you told me to handle it my way), and posted sporadically. The largest role you had was pushing the plot, but even then, you often just complained that people were taking too long with a distraction as we were waiting for you and didn't want the RP to die in the time it would take you to make those plot-important posts.

3) You LEFT for about a month, leaving the RP and all assets to me. Really, this is what killed any thought that the RP is in your hands. We thought you were never coming back, because you said you were leaving for good. More annoyingly, you didn't even tell me directly, either on thread or PM, but rather posted it on your status and had to be asked what would happen to this. In that time, people have adjusted to the fact that I'm running the RP. You came back and nothing changed. You're still not running the RP, you aren't including your character in anything, and the plot has long since taken a life of its own so we dont need your hand in guiding it. Really, the only change is that you insist I'm "co-host" and you're the "owner".

4) Didn't you JUST say, like a day or two ago that you couldn't be active here for a while? As co-host, that means -I- run the RP until you return to be active again. Your idea of "being active" is to whine that people dont acknowledge you as host anymore.

So, here's my solution: Be active in the RP, and accept that I've evolved into the RP host. Spare some emotion to be grateful that an RP you made is still alive due to being run well when you couldn't be here, and stop griping. It's annoying and doesn't accomplish a thing. I conceded the "title" of RP host, but I've kept all the responsibilities, and even had the charity to reinstate your character and role after you dropped out, something I technically didn't have to do.

Alternative solution is to drop out of the RP and leave it in my hands for good. But if you do that, say so directly and actually stay gone. It was difficult enough the first time.

I mean sure, you COULD ask a mod to lock it (out of spite or frustration), but I can promise you that some of us will never join your stuff again because then you'd have demonstrated that you have good ideas, but poor management skills, an overdramatic social life, have little to no tolerance for criticism, an ego issue, and you will inconvenience and disappoint others when things don't go exactly according to your plan. The RP is still being run by the one you trusted to run it.

[quote name='King Mew' timestamp='1292604740' post='4859264']
hey am i still in the Rp?
sorry ive been off for so long my computer was down had to get new power cord.

[size="7"]Oh and for everyone im a dad now my son was

born on the first!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
[/quote]

You can still be active :D
Also, [size="7"]CONGRATULATIONS! :D[/size]

Dementuo, one problem with your move: You shouldve only had 4 cards in your Graveyard:
Infernity Archfiend, Infernity Launcher, Infernity Beetle, and Infernity Dwarf, along with the Spell that you used to empty your Hand. Therefore, neither Infernity Caller nor Infernity Barrier should be in your Graveyard.

Ah. I read the IC thread afterwards and so I see.

I dont get how Caller works.

It says to activate an Infernity card when an opponent activates an effect.

1) Infernity Barrier, if activated by Caller's effect, would be Chain Link 3, and Counter Traps must be chained to the effect they're countering. Caller's effect should be worded "and treat it as this card's effect" or similar.

2) Infernity Break has no issues with this

3) Infernity Inferno requires discards, and Caller's effect activates when your hand is empty.

4) Infernity Launcher has no issues, but could if Caller's effect is modified to allow Barrier.

5) Infernity Force can only be activated when the opponent attacks, but Caller has a specific activation timing.

6) Infernity Reflector has a VERY specific activation timing and requires discards.

It seems odd at first glance that Caller is given such an inflexible timing, yet most of the "Infernity" cards to activate are very specific. It's almost as if the card exists specifically to utilize very narrow counters.

EDIT: Oh right, you created other Infernity S/Ts. Never mind.

[b][b]Username[/b][/b]: $super**$star**$silver$
[b]RP Name[/b]: [color="#0000FF"]Silver Yuja[/color]
[b]Age[/b]: 17
[b]Gender[/b]: Male
[b]Bio[/b]: Silver is a young American duelist, who as a child after receiving a scar on the right side of his face, was facinated with dragons, and on his 10th birthday he received his first deck, and with that he decided that he wanted to be a duelist. However he is sometimes lazy, but he makes up for it with his speed which was thanks to his training program with his uncle. His laziness backfired when he emerged from the train station in Japan on a visit to his Uncle when he bumped into a mean duelist on the way. He is a skilled duelist, but that doesn't mean his cockiness can get in the way.
[b]Personality[/b]: Silver takes pride in his appearance and in his duelling. He feels that a duel isn't about fun, to him a duel is a test of his skill, and if he built his deck correctly. He is a nice guy, but he does have a cocky side to him, and that can get him into trouble sometimes, especially in duels because that can cause him to not think straight.
[b]Appearance[/b]: Silver's face seems normal, apart from a scar on his right side that he received when he was a baby. his hair is blonde, with streaks of silver in it. sometimes he wears a bandana which has red and bluse stripes on it, with a yellow star in the middle. He also wears a red cape with the unity crest on it with a dragon and winged beast on it. The clothes he wears seem normal for a teenager, jeans and a shirt, which always has a dragon on it, trainers, and a jacket with unity written on the back in japanese.
[b]Faction[/b]: Neutral
[b]Mark[/b]: N/A
[b]Deck Type[/b]: Dragunity, a deck that revolves around Phalanx and using it for synchro summons, or using Laevatein as an alternative if all else fails.

[quote name='$super**$star**$silver$' timestamp='1292709906' post='4862757']
[b][b]Username[/b][/b]: $super**$star**$silver$
[b]RP Name[/b]: [color="#0000FF"]Silver Yuja[/color]
[b]Age[/b]: 17
[b]Gender[/b]: Male
[b]Bio[/b]: Silver is a young American duelist, who as a child after receiving a scar on the right side of his face, was facinated with dragons, and on his 10th birthday he received his first deck, and with that he decided that he wanted to be a duelist. However he is sometimes lazy, but he makes up for it with his speed which was thanks to his training program with his uncle. His laziness backfired when he emerged from the train station in Japan on a visit to his Uncle when he bumped into a mean duelist on the way. He is a skilled duelist, but that doesn't mean his cockiness can get in the way.
[b]Personality[/b]: Silver takes pride in his appearance and in his duelling. He feels that a duel isn't about fun, to him a duel is a test of his skill, and if he built his deck correctly. He is a nice guy, but he does have a cocky side to him, and that can get him into trouble sometimes, especially in duels because that can cause him to not think straight.
[b]Appearance[/b]: Silver's face seems normal, apart from a scar on his right side that he received when he was a baby. his hair is blonde, with streaks of silver in it. sometimes he wears a bandana which has red and bluse stripes on it, with a yellow star in the middle. He also wears a red cape with the unity crest on it with a dragon and winged beast on it. The clothes he wears seem normal for a teenager, jeans and a shirt, which always has a dragon on it, trainers, and a jacket with unity written on the back in japanese.
[b]Faction[/b]: Neutral
[b]Mark[/b]: N/A
[b]Deck Type[/b]: Dragunity, a deck that revolves around Phalanx and using it for synchro summons, or using Laevatein as an alternative if all else fails.
[/quote]

The problem is that at this time, the plot refuses to accomodate new characters for the remainder of the arc. Not that characters aren't allowed, but there won't really be anything to do because inserting new characters into the action is difficult to borderline impossible.

[quote name='King Mew' timestamp='1292720317' post='4863201']
hey am i still in?
[/quote]

Your characters were designated to the "eliminated" section of the tournament and the plot is no longer friendly for them to be reinstated. Sorry, but even the Dark Signer character will be superfluous at this stage. We have four Dark Signer characters still relatively active, and that's almost too many as it is.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1292739483' post='4863828']
The problem is that at this time, the plot refuses to accomodate new characters for the remainder of the arc. Not that characters aren't allowed, but there won't really be anything to do because inserting new characters into the action is difficult to borderline impossible.
[/quote]
ok then, so when can new characters be allowed in again?

Archived