Yugioh: Let Me See the World OOC [PG-13][Started/Accepting]

Andx

IC Thread: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/227826-yugioh-let-me-see-the-world-ic-pg-13/

Well I tried an RP not too long ago. But people got a little burned out with it. Me too probably. Anyway, it's not related to this RP so I'll worry about that later. Welcome to my first Yuigoh RP. A type of RP I never thought I was going to make. But when you get a fun idea you have to run with it.

Let me just say that I put all this info up in the first post for a reason. You need to read through it and follow any guidelines I lay out. Lots of problems will be avoided this way.

Enjoy your time here!

If it seems like I forgot anything (which I'm not sure how you would know that) tell me. I rushed anything that wasn't the plot because I just wanted to get all the boring stuff out of the way quicker.

[spoiler=Plot]
Duel Monsters has always been a fun card game. Ever since Industrial Illusions was inspired by ancient Egyptian tablets, though that fact is sometimes forgotten, the card game caught on very fast among children. It was soon made even more fun by the invention of spectacular holograms by one Kaiba Corporation. With this teenagers and even adults started getting into the game. And then somehow or other it made it to the forefront of society so that most people know of or play Duel Monsters to some extent.

Kaiba Corp. continued to stay at the front of updating dueling technology, eventually coming up with a motorcycle to play the game on. Perhaps that idea and the pressure to continue to surpass it is what led to this mess.

See all that info above is stuff that happened in the real world. For awhile now the world has been covered in holograms. It started not too long after the invention of the D-FJ (Or the Dueling Fighter Jet). Kaiba Corp wanted to liberate the people from the need of machines to play the game. And since the whole world loved the game, they decided they would project holograms on the entire world.

And they succeeded. Holograms could be generated anywhere in the world. It started out small of course. Slowly the ability for people to duel without any sort of machinery spread farther and farther from the machine placed in Kaiba Corp. Shortly after that Kaiba decided the idea of physical cards was unnecessary as well since the holograms were realistic enough anyway. And soon physical cards disappeared.

Things spiraled out of control from there. More and more began to be replaced by the hologram system. The machines spread out to better cover more of the world. Eventually the holograms seemed to become a sort of virtual reality of sorts. Only no one had a choice as to whether or not they would be part of it.

So for years things have only been holograms. People don't even know if they're a real person anymore. More people seem to appear every day so one can only assume they're holograms. Only they seem to be real people. Needless to say, when the shape of the earth itself started getting edited one could tell things were getting out of hand.

Kaiba corp then decided to replace the sky and pretty much everything with flashy colors. Essentially things were to be left as empty space unless one purchased the ability to edit a specific area's holograms.

Recently groups of people have become fed up with the holograms. There are only a few people who can recall the real world and one can't be sure if they're not holograms. The people want to see the real world again. But Kaiba Corp's not about to let it happen. A dueling war may just break out in an attempt to undo the holograms covering the world. You're part of this movement as well. You can't be sure if you're a hologram or real human but either way you want to put an end to things. You're determined, so you'll worry about whether or not you'll disappear if you succeed later. For now, your talents in dueling are required.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Info on Holograms]
This is mostly to clarify some of the issues that may come up from reading the plot. One person I had read through it raised some valid questions it seems I failed to address in the plot.

First off, every person has a small wristband like object on them somewhere. Neck, wrist, arm, whatever it's your choice. This allows them to make use of the holograms for dueling. When a duelist wants to they'll summon a duel disk or dueling vehicle with that band and additionally the holograms for the cards and the entire duel will be projected from the same.

Now people aren't psychic here mind you. You can't just change the world with your mind or anything. In order to make an area anything other than just empty virtual space someone has to be paying Kaiba Corp and then they are given access to change their area into a city with whatever landscape they care to come up with.

Now cards are holograms as well. Though every hologram looks and even feels incredibly life like. So obviously this means that you could be able to make any deck whenever you like right? Wrong. Kaiba corp still charges you for cards, you just have the card data downloaded to your character's band. Essentially this means that just because the world is made of holograms, it doesn't mean you can have endless decks whenever you feel like it.

Now when you duel you don't have to stick to ground duels. And in this RP riding duel takes on more meaning that simply a motorcycle. Any vehicle you and your opponent care to agree on riding can be used. So if you want to duel on jet skis, commercial passenger jets, skateboards, whatever, you're free to do so.

Any other questions about the hologram world? Raise them here in the OOC thread or PM me. I'll be sure to explain.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rules]
1.) No God-modding/Powerplaying/Meta-Gaming. Initial offenses get warnings and chances to edit, continued offenses will result in bans.

2.) No short-posting. 4+ lines is expected from everyone for every post.

3.) No god-like amazing turns while dueling. Meaning no getting all the right cards just when you need them to just perfectly counter the horrible situation you've gotten into.

4.) If I require something of you, please listen and respond. (This includes producing a deck list for either or both of your decks if I ask) Along this same line, no arguing with me.

5.) No bickering in the OOC thread. If you dislike a person's app or something to that nature, PM me and I'll address it. Don't just stay it to them. It's not your job.

6.) Post in the OOC thread or PM me any questions you might have.

7.) Any rule I forgot to mention still applies.

8.) Custom cards are fine but I'll have to see some of the cards you intend to use when or around the time you post your app. And from there you'll have to run custom cards you intend to use in duels but haven't shown me by me at some point. So it's probably unwise to use a completely custom deck.

9.) I will post new rules and other such updates as they become necessary.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=App+Guidelines. Read and follow all the guidelines.]
*=Optional

[b]Name:[/b] (Feel free to do whatever here.)
[b]Age:[/b] [i](Any age works. For all your character knows it might be inaccurate though.)[/i]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i](Don't kill yourself here. I prefer to see the personality in the RP. But this should be a basic guideline for it.)[/i]
[b]Biography:[/b] [i](Try your best here. The plot sort of makes bios unimportant but I'd still like to see what you can do. Good bios make me happy.)[/i]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [i](Use a pic or give a very good description. Or some mixture of the two. Just make it good.)[/i]
[b]Deck Name:[/b] [i](Very simple. You have two decks, name them here.)[/i]
*[b]Key/Important Cards:[/b] [i](Fairly simple. List important cards to either of your two decks if you like.)[/i]
[b]Basic Strategy:[/b] [i](Just what it says. I want the general idea of what your decks try to do.)[/i]
*[b]Usual Duel Disk Appearance:[/b] [i](Your Duel Disk can take any appearance, but everyone has their favorites. If you'd like describe it here.)[/i]
*[b]Usual D-Wheel Appearance:[/b] [i](Same deal as Duel Disks. Any other vehicle we'll get to when we get to it.)[/i]
[b]Hologram/Real Person:[/b] [i](Is your person a real person or a hologram? Regardless your character doesn't know themselves. Know that holograms run the risk of being reprogrammed into bad guys.)[/i]
[b]Motivation:[/b] [i](Simple enough. The general goal is to see the real world. But your character may have their own motives. Talk about them here.)[/i]
*[b]Thoughts on Yugimanz:[/b] [i](lol, exactly what it says. What does your character think of Yugioh?)[/i]
[b]Willing to Be/Help with Villains?:[/b] [i](Important: Do not make a villain character. This merely tells me if you'd be willing to help me play villains. If you want to be a villain yourself I will then have you edit your app to make it a villain if I approve.)[/i]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=App in Code]
[code]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Deck Name:[/b]
*[b]Key/Important Cards:[/b]
[b]Basic Strategy:[/b]
*[b]Usual Duel Disk Appearance:[/b]
*[b]Usual D-Wheel Appearance:[/b]
[b]Hologram/Real Person:[/b]
[b]Motivation:[/b]
*[b]Thoughts on Yugimanz:[/b]
[b]Willing to Be/Help with Villains?:[/b]
[/code]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Accepted Apps (Not sure how many yet, but I am going to limit who I let in. I can only take so many of you.)]
Username - Character Name - Real/Hologram

Tainted Black - Alberich Kirsch - Real
~Cherry~ - Yuki Susanoo - Real
BrokenHeart15 - Solace Megido - Hologram
Ser Warjacksworth - Harvey Mann - Real
Tuatha Dé Danann - Eltanin Draco - Hologram
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=some info for duels.]
At the end of each of your turns during a duel I'd like you report your field and hand under a section called Duel Info. Fill in the following at the end of each turn minus the parenthesis of course:

[u][b]Duel Info[/b][/u]
Lifepoints: (Please don't make me explain.)
Monsters: (Name all face-up monsters, give a number for any set monsters)
S/T: (Name any face-up, essentially continuous, spell or trap cards. Give a number for set cards.)
FS: (Name a field spell if you have one active or in the amazing event you have one set say that you do.)
Hand: (Give a number of cards in your hand at the end of the turn)
Graveyard: (On-going list. List the cards in your grave. It might be a bit of work in later turns but you'll want to keep track of your Graveyard.)
RFP: (On-goin list. List the cards that have been removed from play. Same deal as the graveyard)
Custom Cards this turn: (You do get to use custom cards in your key cards or your whole deck if you were allowed that. Post in spoilers pics of the cards you used during the turn. If you didn't explain all of the card's effect, please provide the text for the effect below the card.)
[/spoiler]

[b]Name:[/b] Alberich Kirsch
[b]Age:[/b] 26
[b]Personality:[/b] A very flamboyant person, Alberich is given to flaunting about like a proud peacock. He has that air of superiority, and he is a show-off. If it can be done, he will do it better than you, if he has not already done so. Despite this constant need to show others up, Alberich is not an absolute douchebag. On rare occasions, he can be seen doing generous, albeit disguised or nervous, acts. If he is caught doing such an act, he will immediately discard whatever he was doing, if it is physical, and refuses to acknowledge the 'accusations', as he calls them. Most comonly, these are done for the elderly and destitute people, who he allows to watch him do such. When it comes to his 1 duel spirit, Yubel, he is often seen fighting with 'her', although they are the best of friends.
[spoiler=[b]Biography:[/b] LONG]
Alberich was raised in the Tops, in New Domino City, born to Ewan and Adele Kirsch. His father was a D-Wheel company heir, and his mother was a stay at home mom. Due to a luxurious lifestyle, he became a child used to having everything he wanted, and the constant source of attention his parents gave him caused him to develop a bit of a superiority complex. He was also given every Koa'Ki Meiru card made up tothat point. He attended Duel Academy, as he got older, and was near the top of his class, further inflating his ego. With his air, very few people really liked him, and he was despised. He even flaunted to some of the people around his school, but never cared to learn their names. One day, when he was about 18, Alberch won a school-wide tourney. As Alberich was leaving the school grounds, when he was jumped by a duel gang from the worse parts of town. He was left, lying on the ground, as rain began to fall. Sure he was going to die, Alberich cursed his luck, and nothing more. Then, he lost conciousness. Awaking a few hours later, Alberich found himself lying in a hospital bed, with his moter, father, and a girl from DA at his side. When he asked what happened, his mother informed him that Anna, the girl, had found him, and called for an ambulance. she was the reason he was alive. Ewan dragged his reluctant wife out, to allow the teenagers to talk, alone. The two sat in awkward silence for a few minutes, before Alberich mumbled a thanks. Anna perked up at the apology, but decided to let the mumble slide. The two began to talk, and he was able to apologize for being such a snob to her all the time. Before Anna left, she gave him a card: Yubel. She said it was a special card, and that Alberich would see why, with a wink. She also said she hoped they could be friends. The rest... well, look ahead.

*Time skip: 6 years*

The duo of Anna and Alberich soon became great friends, and love followed close behind. The two dated for the rest of their school career, and got married at the age of 22. Alberich had become a Pro Duelist, and Anna had been satisfied with being a Nurse at the local hospital. The two were still madly in love, even with their stressful hours. Yubel had actually come out as a defining force between the two, as they could oth see and interact with 'her'. Most of the time, she just fussed over minute details, although she was a good friend. When Anna was home, the two talked incessantly, and when Alberich was home, the monster and the man fought like cats and dogs, despite the fact he used her whenever he was riding. And that is the story of Alberich and Anna Kirsch, and the Duel Spirit Yubel. As the cards were replaced with Holograms, Yubel stuck by the couple, being a member of the family. Although others could not see her, besides the two of them, she confirmed for them their reality... and that the Holograms had to go. So, Alberich and Yubel began their attempted reversion to the beginning.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b] Grey slacks, button up shirt, etc.]
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3495/4062132194_e08a745394.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
[b]Deck Name:[/b] At The Core and Broken Heart
*[b]Key/Important Cards:[/b] Koa'ki Meiru Maximus, Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare, Core Blast
[b]Basic Strategy:[/b] Get out Yubel/Get out Maxi and/or Core Blast
*[b]Usual Duel Disk Appearance:[/b] A black version of the Chaos (Orichalcos) Disk, with white letter markings.
*[b]Usual D-Wheel Appearance:[/b] Jet boots, with Maximus' wings for looks.
[b]Hologram/Real Person:[/b] Real Person
[b]Motivation:[/b] To see the real world, and to return to his normal life, with his wife and Yubel.
*[b]Thoughts on Yugimanz:[/b] A fun game, and a good source of income. NOT a way of life.
[b]Willing to Be/Help with Villains?:[/b] NAh.

Some of this app is copy/pasted from a recent app I was filling out for her. She is also a fanfic character that I've been planning to use, so some stuf won't make sense, since you won't know it.

If Custom Cards aren't allowed, I'll change something.

[b]Name:[/b] Yuki Susanoo
[b]Age:[/b] 24

[b]Personality:[/b] Yuki is usually calm, clear-minded, and motherly-like. She's a sweet and gentle-type of woman who cares about the well-being of her loved ones. Her care even reaches out to her monsters, showing her concern when they're hit/attacked. Yuki is actually very hard to anger, as she's always keeping her cool whenever something happens. She also hates raising her voice, so she refrains from yelling at people. Yuki also doesn't like to unnecessarily bring harm upon anybody, which is why she never uses one of her trump cards unless it's absolutely needed. She can also be an acting leader, if needed. Yuki considers Scrap Goblin to be her sweet son she can talk to.

[b]Scrap Goblin's Personality:[/b] Childish and overprotective of Yuki. But he's pretty... err... naïve. That's only because Yuki has and still babies him.

[spoiler=Biography:]Originally, before all of this, Yuki was a member of the famous Team Fimbulvetr, which was claimed to be the successors of the famed Team Ragnarok. Their Three Distant Polar Gods are what made people think this, but they actually have no relation to them. Yuki was originally the leader, but not the strongest. She worked this hard to make her way up in the dueling world to pay for her little sister's heart surgery. It's incredibly expensive, and even with her current standing, there's no way she can pay it. However, her younger sister has remained faithful that Yuki will find a way to get both siblings out of this mess. She's so faithful, that it is what's keeping her alive. This faith pushed the woman to doing anything so can. Once Kaibacorp began coming up with more advanced technology, she parted ways with her two other teammates. Although, without them, Yuki began doubting herself a bit about if she could accomplise her goals or not. When the world was basically overtaken by the holograms, this didn't help one bit. It's now added more stress onto her heart.

The first thing she's aiming to do is the make the world back the way it was, so her younger sister will have a better world to walk out into when Yuki finally pays for the operation.

Yuki has been able to see Scrap Goblin since she was 10. She made her deck from cards thrown away in trash left behind by many pro-league duelists. Goblin was the first card she found. As a Duel Spirit, he was actually pretty weak. He could barely walk on his own. Yuki grew up teaching him how to walk, talk, etc. Becoming like his own mother. In her adventures before bringing together Team Fimbulvetr, she received Polar God King Njord from a Sea Voyage. Njord saved her and Goblin's lives before they drowned in the middle of a storm.[/spoiler]

[b]Appearance:[/b] Yuki has long, light blue hair. Her hair, down to the neck, is somewhat spiky whereas the rest of it is long and silky-like. Some of her hair covers her left eye. She wears a shoulderless blue dress-like shirt with dark-blue thighhighs. She has a black wristband that controls her holograms. She has a large bust and her Rune Eye that represents Polar God King Njord is a green Fang, that resembles the Thorn Rune Eye. Her own eyes are azure-colored.

[b]Deck Name:[/b] “Mother's Scraps” or “Njord's Rampage”, depends on the cards currently inside of her deck.

[b]Key/Important Cards:[/b]
Scrap Goblin (Duel Spirit)
Scrap Dragon
Scrap Twin Dragon
Atomic Scrap Dragon
[url=http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/201/188867ag.jpg]Polar God King Njord[/url] (Strongest Key Card)

[b]Basic Strategy:[/b]
Mother's Scraps - Pretty much exactly what you'd think it'd be. It's a Scrap Deck that focuses on getting the Scrap Synchros or other high level Synchro Monsters out.
Njord's Rampage - A whole different story. The deck is now filled with Divine-Beast Support and Polar Star Treasures. The Scraps now become only a second win conditions compared to the almighty god, Polar God King Njord. Yuki absolutely refuses to use this deck unless it's necessary though.

[spoiler=Duel Disks Appearances][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/Varinak/Duel%20disks/15ppp9f.png[/img][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Duel Runner Appearance]In the color of [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Delta_Eagle]Delta Eagle[/url], except it is a lighter shade of purple and it's the color of the entire D-Wheel.
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090812171326/yugioh/images/1/12/SherryDuelRunner.png[/img][/spoiler]
[b]Hologram/Real Person:[/b] Real Person
[b]Motivation:[/b] Like anyone else's common goal, Yuki wants to see the clear blue sky everywhere across the world again. Sick of holograms and questioning her existence as one of them, she aims to change the world back to what it originally was. Her ulterior motive, however, is to find a way to pay for her little sister's operation.

[b]Thoughts on Yugimanz:[/b] Yuki is very confused about her feelings towards dueling. Not understanding if she likes it or not. It's a fun sport, but there is too many dangers among it. Including the danger of the harm that could come to her friends and her monsters. Even knowing this, she still wants to duel because it's all for fun. She can't figure out her true feelings towards the game...

[b]Willing to Be/Help with Villains?:[/b] No.

(I hope I make it!!!)

[b]Name:[/b] Shiro Kaiba
[b]Age:[/b] 16
[b]Personality:[/b] he normally tries to keep calm but while dueling he tends to get hot blooded and really into the duel.
[b]Biography:[/b] The last descendant of Seto Kaiba he is the right full heir of Kaiba Corp, but after his farther died his new "guardian" has taken over the company and has made some odd changes to the world. Feeling his life was in danger he escaped from his home with a duel runner and duel projector his ancestor had made along with one of the last physical decks which had been made by Seto Kaiba himself. Shiro wants to know what has become of the world and if he has a way to set it right, his duel gear has a special program in them so he can duel with hologram users without problems and he can't be tracked.
[spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b]]
[img]http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx185/trimage/riku_2.jpg?t=1288417561[/img]
No Keyblade and he has his duel device on his right arm.
(This is also my favorite picture of Riku!!!)
[/spoiler]
[b]Deck Name:[/b] Blue-Eyes Obliteration
[b]Key/Important Cards:[/b] Blue-Eyes White Dragons and CO
[b]Basic Strategy:[/b] beat Down/Counter
[b]Usual Duel Disk Appearance:[/b] Duel Gauntlet, keeps deck inside it, main color is white with a blue sub coloring, not hologram
[b]Usual D-Wheel Appearance:[/b] Blue-Eyes White Dragon themed motorcycle, not hologram
[b]Hologram/Real Person:[/b] Real person
[b]Motivation:[/b] To find out the truth of the world he lives in.
[b]Willing to Be/Help with Villains?:[/b] No

[b]Name:[/b] Solace Megido

[b]Age:[/b] 11

[b]Personality:[/b] Very passive, but is very intelligent. He remains coolly efficient in what he does.

[b]Biography:[/b] He was a virtual child program concieved by Kaiba Corp as part of an adoption system for the virtual world. Solace was exactly like the other children he grew up with, but he grew much faster intelligence why due to his programmed nature. He became a duelling prodigy that even designed his own archtype which was adopted by KC. His intelligence and nature as a hologram made him consider the state of the world and how far it went. He truly wants to become real so he may enjoy the true world, not the virtual world he was meaninglessly crafted into.

[spoiler=Appearance:]
[img]http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo317/katalack96/Anime%20stuff/anime%20boys/AnimeBoy2.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[b]Deck Name:[/b] Toxico
*[b]Key/Important Cards:[/b] Toxico Eugaia, Progaia, Disgaia, Negaia, Trugaia, Doom, Damnation, The Lord MERCURY
[b]Basic Strategy:[/b] Stall / Burn / Discard / Beatdown
*[b]Usual Duel Disk Appearance:[/b] A Duelist city duel-disk that is navy blue with yellow trim.
*[b]Usual D-Wheel Appearance:[/b] A pair of cybernetic wings.

[b]Hologram/Real Person:[/b] Hologram
[b]Motivation:[/b] To become real
*[b]Thoughts on Yugimanz:[/b] A simple game
[b]Willing to Be/Help with Villains?:[/b] Possibly

[b]Name:[/b] Avarice Kana

[b]Age:[/b] 16

[b]Personality:[/b] Playful and only serious when he gets in a duel. He never holds back when he does.

[b]Biography:[/b] (To be filled in later)

[b]Appearance:[/b] [spoiler=Pic][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_80_wFLdAdXk/St0TiWMFsQI/AAAAAAAAAN4/h15xXIL54AE/s400/tamaki.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[b]Deck Name:[/b] Avarice's Archfiends

[b]Basic Strategy:[/b] Try to get certain cards out, but conforms depending on what happens. He will never hold back, even when he has no hope in winning. He feels that there is no honor in dueling unless you play all the way to the end.

[b]Hologram/Real Person:[/b] Real

[b]Motivation:[/b] To become the best. Finding out things about the world comes second, although he does study the things around him to find out.

[b]Willing to Be/Help with Villains?:[/b] Yes.

[B]Usual duel disk appearence:[/b] Basic academy disk, but black and spikes are all around.

Name: Harvey Mann
Personality: World-weary. Respectful of authority. Dislikes being talked down to. Serious, but still prone to joking with the lads when off and sometimes on duty. Frequently depressed, stemming from his wife's abandonment of him for a Duel Academy professor. Twelve years of teaching have made him reasonably competent at Duel Monsters, and good at listening to lectures. Soft-hearted, but will always put his job above his personal feelings except in the most extreme circumstances. Light smoker, not interested in quitting.
Biography: A Securities Officer in the Neo Domino City Public Security Maintenance Bureau, Harvey was born to French immigrants in a reasonably well off part of Neo Domino. After a largely uneventful early life, he performed well in Securities training and was put on the beat in Satellite. A decent ten years gave him a desk job at thirty, during which he married his wife, who he was introduced to by a fellow officer at a bar. At forty, his wife left him and he fell into depression, filling the void with night classes on Duel Monsters and detective training, in an attempt to get back on the streets. At forty-five, he passed his exam and became a detective but continued to take night classes in Duel Monsters. Now, at fifty-two, he's close to retirement and trying to protect the status quo.
Appearance: [img]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5756/994340-harvey_greer_01_large.jpg[/img]
Deck Name: Verdant Shenanigans
Basic Strategy: He uses Verdant Sanctuary to Special Summon multiple Insects, send them and his opponent's monsters to the Graveyard for Millenium Lord of Insects and recycle and repeat with Pot of Avarice. Sanctuary can be searched with Verdant Guardian. :mellow:
Hologram/Real Person: Real.
Motivation: Ultimately obeys his superiors. Personally wants to protect and serve the population, possibly by ending the use of holograms. Unconsciously wants to see the sky.
Thoughts on Yugimanz: He obsesses over Yugimanz, seeing it as the reason his wife left him.
Willing to Be/Help with Villains?: Not wittingly.

Alright, six apps to give comments on. Lets do this.

[u][b]Black:[/b][/u] At first I was having issues with your character's bio and the time frame the holograms came in because of what I'd written in the plot. But I see that it actually can work. Decades don't have to pass for people to begin forgetting the real word. Anyway, since I figured out that one issue there's no reason for you not to be [b]Accepted[/b].

[u][b]Cherry:[/b][/u] I'm okay with customs actually. Thank you for linking to your custom Polar God. It's quite powerful but I see that's the point. If you want to use any other custom cards just be sure to run them by me. In fact I should probably add that as a rule. Anyway, due to the nature of your Polar God, I can assume you won't be using the deck all that often right? If anything just ask when you want to use it, I probably won't say no. [b]Accepted.[/b]

[u][b]Trimage:[/b][/u] I don't like the Kaiba descendant thing. I mean, I'd have been fine with it but by saying his guardian took over Kaiba Corp is forcing things on an important villain that I may not necessarily want to do with him. Then you have the special untraceable duel disk which is at it's core, god-modding in your app itself. And then you ignored the premise of the RP by making the duel disk and d-wheel real. So, [b]Not Accepted[/b].

[u][b]Broken:[/b][/u] Yay, first hologram. I was wondering who might decide to be one. Anyway, I like the app. Though since you have a custom archetype I'd like it if you would either post some of the cards (particularly the key cards) or PM them to me. Either way, once that's done you will be [b]Accepted[/b].

[u][b]Morpheous:[/b][/u] I see you haven't finished the bio yet and you said it was to be filled in later. However I would like to see that. So for the moment, until I can see something for bio you're [b]Not Accepted[/b]. Now I can offer my thoughts on what you have. You seem to have put minimal effort into this app. Posting no more than one line for anything and you also took out every optional portion of the app. So as it stands I'm not sure I'm ready to accept even when the bio comes in.

[u][b]Warjacksworth:[/b][/u] Interesting character you have here. Since Kaiba Corp. most likely controls Security he's going to be sort of an unwilling villain due to following orders. But he also wants what the heros want so he'll be a bit conflicted as he chooses a side. I like it, [b]Accepted[/b].

[quote name='Andx' timestamp='1288454709' post='4749711']
[u][b]Cherry:[/b][/u] I'm okay with customs actually. Thank you for linking to your custom Polar God. It's quite powerful but I see that's the point. If you want to use any other custom cards just be sure to run them by me. In fact I should probably add that as a rule. Anyway, due to the nature of your Polar God, I can assume you won't be using the deck all that often right? If anything just ask when you want to use it, I probably won't say no. [b]Accepted.[/b]
[/quote][quote name='~Cherry~' timestamp='1288415312' post='4748932']
[b]Personality:[/b] Yuki also doesn't like to unnecessarily bring harm upon anybody, which is why she never uses one of her trump cards unless it's absolutely needed.

[b]Strategy:[/b] Njord's Rampage - A whole different story. The deck is now filled with Divine-Beast Support and Polar Star Treasures. The Scraps now become only a second win conditions compared to the almighty god, Polar God King Njord. [b]Yuki absolutely refuses to use this deck unless it's necessary though.[/b]
[/quote]

So basically, Njord is only used against incredibly strong villains.

I don't think I have any other customs. If I do, I'll talk to you.

@Broken: Thanks for the link. You're already in the front page but you're officially accepted just so you know.

@Cherry:
...I feel really dumb for missing that part of your app.

Anyway, thanks Cherry.

[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1288459983' post='4749920']
Andx did you get my PM?????
[/quote]
Yes, however I've been busy making an app for another RP and the few times I tried to begin replying I caught myself about to be rather rude. So I'm trying to find a way to respond without doing so.

Name: Eltanin Draco
Personality:Quiet, observant, psychotic. (True Colors are Sadistic and Masochistical)
Biography:From the far northern regions of Japan, around the Houkaidou area. She lived a sheltered life with mysterious parents. She didn't have much to do but read-books and watch other's duel. She's grown to look at man-kind in a specific, but hateful way. She is obsessed with a "hubby" that probbaly doesn't exsist. Not to long ago she got out of her sheltered life at home. (Yeah, Bio isan't much, im working on it..."
Appearance: Her most notable appearance feature is her red eyes which look like they are made of glass. Stands tall at around 6 feet, 4 inches. Snow White hair with two bangs down the sides. She usally wears long-dress like clothing, despite how cold her home area was.
Deck Name: The Running Free, Control Circle - Genex. * Lightning Tricorn, Locomotion R-Genex Note: Their are Riding Duel versions of both decks.
Important Cards: Thunder Unicorn, Voltic Bicorn, Lightning Tricorn. Genex Ally Birdman.
Basic Strategy: The Running Free: Based on Synchro Summoning Thunder Unicorn, and with it's effect and other cards, to prevent the enemy from gaining large monster advantage. Control Circle - Genex: Based on Synchro Summoning Locomotion R-Genex and it's brother synchro monsters to overwhelm the opponent.
Usual Duel Disk Appearance: Appears to be a toned-down Yusei's Hybrid Duel Disk. Looking less advancedthen it and has more of a circular design.
Usual D-Wheel Appearance: Eltanin's D-Wheel takes on the frame of a motorcycle. Infront of the driver, the mound for where cards can be used is set in a circular platform installed onto the bike. Spells and Traps are set in the arm rest to the bike's left side. Cards can be placed under a flap to seal them in. It looks generally like a modified Security's D-Wheel.
Hologram/Real Person: Hologram
Motovation: Eltanin is after more knowledge of the human world. She wants to experince more from what she's read through books.
Thoughts on Yu-Gi-Oh!: She enjoys playing the game for the fact that her "hubby" had enjoyed playing it. The Running Free deck is an exact copy of the deck her hubby used. She claims he gave it to her.
Willing to be/help with Villans: Yes, if it is needed.

Hope this can work... sorry about the Bio and lack of stuff in appearance. Im still working on it but heres the basis.

@Black: Sorry for the wait. I'm still trying to figure the number out myself. I [i]guess[/i] we could start with what we have.

[quote name='Tuatha Dé Danann' timestamp='1288536920' post='4752147']
Name: Eltanin Draco
Personality:Quiet, observant, psychotic. (True Colors are Sadistic and Masochistical)
Biography:From the far northern regions of Japan, around the Houkaidou area. She lived a sheltered life with mysterious parents. She didn't have much to do but read-books and watch other's duel. She's grown to look at man-kind in a specific, but hateful way. She is obsessed with a "hubby" that probbaly doesn't exsist. Not to long ago she got out of her sheltered life at home. (Yeah, Bio isan't much, im working on it..."
Appearance: Her most notable appearance feature is her red eyes which look like they are made of glass. Stands tall at around 6 feet, 4 inches. Snow White hair with two bangs down the sides. She usally wears long-dress like clothing, despite how cold her home area was.
Deck Name: The Running Free, Control Circle - Genex. * Lightning Tricorn, Locomotion R-Genex Note: Their are Riding Duel versions of both decks.
Important Cards: Thunder Unicorn, Voltic Bicorn, Lightning Tricorn. Genex Ally Birdman.
Basic Strategy: The Running Free: Based on Synchro Summoning Thunder Unicorn, and with it's effect and other cards, to prevent the enemy from gaining large monster advantage. Control Circle - Genex: Based on Synchro Summoning Locomotion R-Genex and it's brother synchro monsters to overwhelm the opponent.
Usual Duel Disk Appearance: Appears to be a toned-down Yusei's Hybrid Duel Disk. Looking less advancedthen it and has more of a circular design.
Usual D-Wheel Appearance: Eltanin's D-Wheel takes on the frame of a motorcycle. Infront of the driver, the mound for where cards can be used is set in a circular platform installed onto the bike. Spells and Traps are set in the arm rest to the bike's left side. Cards can be placed under a flap to seal them in. It looks generally like a modified Security's D-Wheel.
Hologram/Real Person: Hologram
Motovation: Eltanin is after more knowledge of the human world. She wants to experince more from what she's read through books.
Thoughts on Yu-Gi-Oh!: She enjoys playing the game for the fact that her "hubby" had enjoyed playing it. The Running Free deck is an exact copy of the deck her hubby used. She claims he gave it to her.
Willing to be/help with Villans: Yes, if it is needed.

Hope this can work... sorry about the Bio and lack of stuff in appearance. Im still working on it but heres the basis.
[/quote]

Sorry for the super late response. Anyway, on to your app.

I like what you have. Seems like she could easily be a villain. That's nice since everyone would probably find just dueling me playing villains a bit boring. Anyway, don't worry too much about the overall lack of details. I like the app and I think it'll work pretty well. Just impress me with your posts, lol jk. Accepted.

[quote name='Andx' timestamp='1288827041' post='4759947']

Sorry for the super late response. Anyway, on to your app.

I like what you have. Seems like she could easily be a villain. That's nice since everyone would probably find just dueling me playing villains a bit boring. Anyway, don't worry too much about the overall lack of details. I like the app and I think it'll work pretty well. Just impress me with your posts, lol jk. Accepted.
[/quote]

Awesome. And don't worry, i'll try my best.

I just might start it tonight Cherry. Seems like we'll have to.

Oh right, finally remembered. Time to reply to Trimage since I came up with a polite answer but somehow forgot to get to sending it.

Hope you don't mind Trimage, but I'll reply here.
[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1288455377']
-Descended of Kaiba was because i doubted the legitimate 1 would do all that stuff.
-Having a duel disk that can't be tracked is a means so he wouldn't immediately be found, and it would actually be easy to find him if you run a search on anyone facing a blue-eyes white dragon but it would take time to get there so he could hide.
-Also the real duel runner thing is because if its a hologram it would be to easy to track, I wanted him under the radar.
-The premise that every country on earth is just letting Kaiba Corp just do whatever they want is ridiculous, no matter how it's pitched no government would give a company that much control
-Industrial Illusions would through a fit at this unless they get a big chunk of the money seeing as now nobody buys or needs real cards.
[/quote]

1st topic: The main reason I really don't like the descended from Kaiba thing is I don't like characters that are related to cannon characters in general. This is past the original Kaiba's time yes, but there is still something that's going to go on with him.

2nd topic: I never said people were being traced and tracked everywhere they went. The holograms respond to each person's wristband but it doesn't give away specifics on location. Now by actually having a solid duel disk in the hologram world, you'd actually make your character much easier to track. And like I said, untraceable makes it too easy to do whatever you want. I don't want a character that's running around in the shadows doing things and creating plot points without me.

3rd topic: Same sort of response as to the duel disk thing on the D-Wheel issue.

4th topic: Kaiba Corp isn't in charge of the world. I never said that. True the holograms are all over the world but please remember that everyone in the world is aware of or knows of duel monsters. It was pleasing to everyone at first. And it doesn't have to be used exclusively for duel monsters either so for the sake of this RP there wouldn't be any reason for the countries to object to it. They wanted it after all.

5th topic: Industrial Illusions, if still around never know as Kaiba Corp may have bought them out, would still profit. Please recall from the plot info that you can't just get whatever cards you want. You have to get them downloaded. So you pay for that wherever you get the cards, and therefore Industrial Illusions has no need to through a fit.

I think overall you're really over-thinking things. It's no fun to sit around and work out every possible inconsistency of an RPs plot. It's much more enjoyable to just go with it and have fun. So if you still want to be part of the RP, time to make a new character that's not related to a cannon character. If not, it was nice having this discussion with you, good day to you sir.

Just to let you guys know, the IC thread is going to be up soon. I'll be sending a PM out to everyone as well just to be sure we get everyone here.

I've yet to make an app for myself but I should have a hero character I'll be playing from the beginning that I'll get an app for up eventually.

Just to let you know we'll be starting in the one city least affected, which isn't saying much, by the holograms which is of course Neo Domino City.

EDIT:

IC: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/227826-yugioh-let-me-see-the-world-ic-pg-13/

GOGOGO!

Thread's up. Ask if you have questions for me as to what to do. As I said, if we can work our way past the intro things will move a lot smoother.

Archived