- Terminal Ilness - (Decklists Finished)

The goal of the decks are to hinder your opponent's turn as much as possible, eventually causing a lockdown. The main cards in the decks are Terminal World and Time Eater. If you don't know what [b]Terminal World is, it's a Continuous Spell Card that can only be activated on your MP1 and causes both players to skip their MP2.[/b]

[spoiler="Time Garden"]
---Monsters [19]
[3]Timeater
[2]Great Long Nose
[3]Shining Angel
[2]Honest
[2]Battle Fader
[2]Card Guard
[2]Level Eater
[1]Wattgiraffe
[1]Miracle Flipper
[1]Sangan

---Spells [14]
[3]Black Garden
[3]Shrink
[2]Terminal World
[2]MST
[1]Dark Hole
[1]Giant Trunade
[1]Monster Reborn
[1]Terraforming

---Traps [7]
[3]Threatening Roar
[2]Dark Bribe
[1]Ojama Trio
[1]Mirror Force[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Terminal Illness"]---Monsters [19]
[3]Timeater
[2]Grinder Golem (Provides an attack target + Riryoku target)
[3]Raging Flame Sprite
[3]Card Guard
[3]Shining Angel
[2]Wattgiraffe
[2]Wattlemur
[1]Miracle Flipper

---Spells [11]
[3]Terminal World
[3]Riryoku
[2]MST
[1]Dark Hole
[1]Giant Trunade
[1]Monster Reborn

---Traps [10]
[3]Threatening Roar
[2]Malevolent Catastrophe (Your opponent must set their cards before attacking)
[2]Ojama Trio
[2]Dark Bribe
[1]Mirror Force[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Side Decks]
[3]Gundari
[2]Yaksha
[1/2]Shrink
[3]No Entry!!!
[3]Thunder of Ruler (JIC)[/spoiler]

Other Possibilities:
---Shadow Spell (Seems useless, but wastes your opponent's attack and lets you more easily run over monsters with Time Eater)
Fiendish Chain
Metalmorph
Blast with Chain
Darkworld Shackles
---Drastic Dropoff
Wattfox or Wattlemur
---Spell Striker
---Oilman
Gilasaurus (Provides tribute fodder and an attack target)
Fushi no Tori (In Time Garden it gives me 600 Lps a turn which will help if the combo breaks)
Otohime (Helps to set the field up for Timeater's havoc)
Yaksha (Obvious reasons)

What it mainly needs is direct attacks so that Time Eater's effect will flow more easily, and cards that bring out Time Eater quicker. Also, are there any monsters that are Summoned to your opponent's field that you could abuse with Time Eater?

[quote name='Zkaiser' timestamp='1289572384' post='4778833']
I saw an older version of this deck that ran Black Garden. You could try that and a spirit monster to keep attacking tokens with Time Eater.
[/quote]
I could use Inaba the White Rabbit, or maybe I could use Honest, since I have a few LIGHT monsters in there. And Honest would be useful outside of the main strategy.

[quote name='Chillaccino' timestamp='1289751309' post='4784061']
So what if they can enter Battle Phase? They can't attack. And T-Roar is chainable, while ToR is not
[/quote]
"In the Start Step, the Turn Player declares that he/she is entering the Battle Phase. Either player may activate Trap Cards and/or Quick-Play Spell Cards at this time."

Thunder of Ruler in this combo stops my opponent from being able to use Spells or Traps as well. That way they can't MST me or anything like that.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1289751608' post='4784070']
"In the Start Step, the Turn Player declares that he/she is entering the Battle Phase. Either player may activate Trap Cards and/or Quick-Play Spell Cards at this time."

Thunder of Ruler in this combo stops my opponent from being able to use Spells or Traps as well. That way they can't MST me or anything like that.
[/quote]
Your opponent can activate MST in their Draw Phase, Standby Phase and End Phase.

[quote name='Zkaiser' timestamp='1289871960' post='4788260']
Your opponent can activate MST in their Draw Phase, Standby Phase and End Phase.
[/quote]
I never realized they could be used from the hand at any time during your turn. I thought it was only during the Battle Phase that was true. Well, then I guess I'll switch out.

EDIT: Wait, never mind. It's still important if I don't have Terminal World on the field. If my opponent can enter their Battle Phase, they can enter their MP2, which means they can also use monster destruction like Smashing Ground, and set traps.

hmm, so you did, guess i missed it then(refering to your coment in the terminal topic i made that got locked)
anyways its good to see someone else trying to handle the timeater lock
if your having so much trouble against MST then run a couple of prohibitions
also
-3 shrinks
+3 book
shrinks really are not needed in garden and book can be used to restore timeaters ATK if needed plus provide some protection
also does prohib stop Veiler? im not entirely sure
and yes thunder is better then threatening in here

edit: i'm refering to the garden build

Archived