Yu-Gi-Oh! Armageddon (PG13) - Finished

To be honest komma, this is one of the things I despise about the YGO anime. Every major baddie turns out alright in the end.

PS: Heel turn is going from goodie to baddie, face change is going baddie to goddie (I think, using mates WWE terminology)

I'm not a great fan of it either, just saying: it happens... a lot.

PS: I thought it was heel-turn either way. Oh, well.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, ok. What's done is done. I'm disappointed with myself for submitting to popular culture and 'the easy way out'. What I will say about Lex's comment about Juruo getting Stardust which I forgot to address, well it fits him better than the other dragons. As you've probably guessed about Sabin and Hikari and the dragons you expect they'll get, you're probably right. But Sabin's will fit his deck and Hikari's won't, and that is a plot point I kinda wanted to make. As for the other sacred dragons, one will find an owner and should fit their deck nicely, the others maybe... who knows... I'm not going to make the dragons/signer things the be all and end all, just add their considerable support to the fight that is, lets remember, threatening their very existance as well as the human world. I'll shut up now :blink:

Anywayyyyyyy, since the everyone who ever comments has already done so... and since the last chapter was a disappointment... and since I have other stuff to do tomorrow... chapter 34 is up.

This chapter wraps up this part of the arc, so we can truly expand the story as a whole a bit. In which Aerial explains his story... Urusula gets even more creepy... and Sabin commits the greatest crime known to duelists...

[spoiler=Chapter 34]

Chapter 34 - Flight of the Simorgh

“Who... are.... you? Please help... me” Aerial croaked weakly, clutching at Juruo’s arm that was resting on his shoulder. Juruo studied him over, Aerial was incredibly thin, starved, and his skin was covered in dry and scabbing blood. On his right arm was his duel shield, it was heavily dented and scorched.

“Aerial, it’s me, Juruo” he replied, staring helplessly at the once fine archer. “What happened to you?”

A fresh wave of panic overcame Aerial. He reached up and grabbed Juruo’s shoulder with his other hand, clinging desperately for his support. “J...uruo, I thought you had been killed at the palace. I thought I was the only one left... You have to listen to me. We were betrayed. Erin is... with the Empire. She set up an ambush with the guards... sold us out... she’s working for some dark cult. You have to...”

“I know Aerial. She turned on us all, just as we were about to stop Demon and end all this. Aerial, what happened to you? What did they do to you?”

The blind archer gulped slightly. “The night we attacked the palace, I took my position in one of the ten man teams, I was being led by Erin. I was one of the two duelists that were being divided between the groups - Goro was the other with us - along with several swordsmen of various levels of skill. Our soldiers may have been ragtag, but we had the element of surprise, we would enter the palace through the west side of the palace, through their wine cellars, and sneak through taking out small groups of guards until we reconvened in the throne room. That was... until that b**** betrayed us. She said she would go out first, to check the coast was clear. As soon as she turned the corner, the guards must have been waiting for her signal. Before we knew what was happening, our advantage had been reversed. They stormed us from all directions, we were severely outnumbered and outmatched, and we were slaughtered.”

“But you survived...”

“I knew as soon as the guards attacked us we would not make it. In the chaos of the fighting, I tried to slip away and warn the other groups, I don’t know what I was trying to do, I was panicking. But Erin saw me get away, and chased after me...” The archer paused, choking back tears. Juruo knew why, Aerial had been a great friend and mentor to him in the Resistance, they spent a lot of time in his room having casual practise duels. He knew he had adored Erin. She knew as well, but she had always acted so indifferent about it. “She caught up with me, I tried to reason with her, but she wouldn’t listen. We fought, and she bested me.” Letting go off Juruo’s shoulder, Aerial lifted his ragged shirt, revealing several wounds of a sword fight. “I fell, and passed out; sure I was going to die there. I wish I had. Instead I woke up here, in this place. There were these people standing over me, one of them had been at the palace last night and been alerted to my unconscious body, so they bought me here for ‘testing’, as they called it. I was forced into duel after duel against them; I was no match for them. I started to notice how every time I duelled, the damage for the attacks, it felt more and more real. Real scars had started appearing on my body. When the flame haired one used a direct card effect, it burned my arm... I didn’t understand what was happening. But they seemed to be getting what they wanted. Then a few days ago, it must have been before you joined me here otherwise I’d have known it was you, in one duel against the woman, I just didn’t have the strength left to raise my shield in time after so many assaults... and caught a blast full in the face.”

Juruo felt sick as Aerial listed the horrors that Erin, Demon and the others had inflicted on him. “How could you duel in this condition? There’s no way you could fight if you...” His voice trailed off, he didn’t want to mention Aerials’ affliction. Aerial smiled weakly, diverting his head to gaze through his shield regretfully, before doubling over in a fit of coughs.

“Because I was blind? Ha, like that was going to stop them. However, later that day, the two guys came down here, laughing at me, saying I was lucky enough to have some company who could take the pressure of these experimental duels of me, before dropping you in here. Over the last few days, I have heard those people come down here and walk past my cell, followed by the screams of others. I don’t know who they are, it sounded like one male and one female, I think. Did they come with you?”

Juruo blinked, Eternia had said he’d been out for days, now Aerial was confirming it. Well, that wasn’t an issue right now. It was his turn to fill in his reunited ally. He decided that too much had happened, too much weird and unbelievable stuff for the weak and scared man to take in all at once, so he gave him the brief version of events. “Four of us survived the onslaught at the palace. Our group broke into the grounds, and were immediately faced with guards waiting for us. Me and Hikari somehow survived, thanks to the strength of our duel monsters and of our group leader. We made our way through the palace until we found Erin and Mel outside the Emperors chamber. Inside Vardus was facing this man calling himself Demon, who is operating behind the Empire to bring the world to an end. Vardus was killed, but we escaped, thanks to Sabin rescuing us...”

Aerial coughed in shock. “Sabin... isn’t that the thieving cheat Vardus threw out of our headquarters?”

“Yes, but this was a reborn man. He is the only reason we got out. Since then, the five of us started travelling across the Empire, trying to stop Demon and his allies from gaining the tools they needed to put their plan into completion. We discovered Demon was looking for three cards, so we tried to get to them first and keep them out of his grasp. Those men who you have been duelling, Raesir and Gear, found us and took the cards. In desperation we came here to face Demon directly. It turned out that the cards would serve as a power source for some sort of inter-dimensional explosive he had made, that he is going to use to destroy this world and the duel spirit world. The reason the damage you took in those duels has something to do with the cards power being tapped into by it.

He hadn’t expected Aerial to take all of this in, but he nodded, he was following so far. “Okay I think I get all that, except one thing. Why would he want to destroy the world? That’s just insane.”

“I know, I thought the same thing when I faced Demon. We duelled in front of this weird stone archway. Demon believes that life won’t end after this world is destroyed. He hopes that by destroying the two worlds in this way, a hole will be torn in reality, through which our spirits can pass into a land of supreme happiness. I continued to fight, until I reached a point where victory was at hand, by summoning my most powerful monster. In response, the archway seemed to react to the duelling energy, opening a gateway, apparently to a void between worlds. That’s when Erin revealed her true colours. She held Sabin and Hikari hostage, forcing me to stop. Demon’s started his bomb and cast it through the gateway, where it’s now ticking away.”

Juruo sighed heavily as he finished his tale of events. Aerial simply stared past him.

“The two down there must be Hikari and Sabin then.”

“I’d assume so. As for Mel, I don’t know where he is.”

Aerial shook his head. “Well he won’t be down here. Erin would never let harm befall her little brother. She would do anything to protect him.” The two paused for a moment, this reunion was such a feeling, to reconnect with a friend you thought was gone forever, even in this horrible circumstances, it was a light in the darkness, a sign that one should never give up hope. Aerial sat back, and after some feeling around, found the deck on his duel shield, proceeding to flick through the cards. “I’m glad we can meet again. I held onto the hope I could, and this card symbolized that.” He pulled a card out from the shield, and held it towards Juruo. Astonished, Juruo took it. He was holding the card he had traded with Aerial the last time they had met as a sign of their friendship, the ‘Dragunity Arms Leyvaten’.

“How on earth did you know which card to draw?” Juruo started in amazement.

“It just felt like the right one” Aerial shrugged. “You don’t just need your eyes and your brain to duel. Your heart and spirit are key to it as well. You taught me that. When we traded our cards, we did so promising each other we would stay alive so we could trade them back. Well, we did, just about.”

Touched by his words, Juruo removed his own deck, searching until he found the card Aerial had given him, ‘Simorgh, Bird of Divinity’. He had only used the great winged beast once, but it was one move of great importance to him. “I have to thank you. There was one match where I promised I’d give up duelling if I lost. If I hadn’t drawn your card, I would have done so. It saved me.” He passed the great bird back to its rightful owner, who accepted it with a smile.

There was a rattle in the distance. Aerial froze, straining his ears for the whereabouts of the sound. Juruo concentrated too, until he heard it too, a creak of a heavy door being pushed open, then footsteps, echoing around the dungeon, amplifying the rattle of keys. Aerial grabbed Juruo in panic.

“It’s one of them. Quick, pretend you’re still unconscious. If they realise you’re awake...”

Juruo nodded, and sprang back to where he had been lying. He couldn’t remember how he had been lying exactly, he guessed on his back, hoping the jailer wouldn’t notice. He closed his eyes as somewhere to his right, Aerial scuffled to the back of the cell. The footsteps were getting louder, until they stopped, metres away. Juruo felt his heart stop in time with them. There was another rattle of keys, and the barred door swung open. The footsteps started towards Aerial, they sounded like... heeled boots. No, it couldn’t be. Juruo winced as a voice he hadn’t heard before; a rasping, menacing female voice, addressed Aerial.

“You know what time it is now, little bird?” The woman’s voice asked him, full of mocking glee.

“You think... you can do anymore harm to me than you already have done? Let’s get this over with” Juruo could hear Aerial activating his duel shield. The woman laughed; a horrible laugh that cut through his flesh. There was a swishing noise, followed by a grunt. Juruo guessed Aerial had just been kicked for his ignorance.

“Poor bird, there is no need for me to duel you anymore. We have completed all of the testing we need to, now we’re just keeping you around for fun. But since I’ve clipped your wings and made you incapable of fighting back, there’s no need to keep you caged up anymore...” The woman’s voice trailed off into a long, deadly pause. “Has he moved?”

Juruo’s breathing froze. Aerial stammered, trying to convince the woman otherwise. “I do not think so. I cannot say when I cannot see him, but I have heard nothing from him.” He was hardly convincing. Juruo prayed silently in his head that she would believe him. If he was her, he wouldn’t have done.

“Humph, he’s probably doesn’t have the strength to wake up now. Regardless, it’s you I’m here for now. Your birds may be the natural predator for insects. But I am a much bigger scarier creature, and I devour little birds like you. Don’t be scared, after all you’ve been through, I’m sure this will be relatively painless.” Juruo couldn’t stop himself from opening his eyes. There, with her back to him in the gloom, standing over Aerial, was this tall woman with dirty blonde hair running down her back, and she had drawn a blade, holding it high over Aerial, who wouldn’t see it strike.

Seeing someone in mortal danger like that, or being the one in that mortal danger, does things to a person’s mentality, that rush of adrenaline, or ‘fight or flight’ syndrome as some prefer. Except flight wasn’t an option. Faster than normally possible, oblivious to pain or fear, Juruo leapt and charged the woman from behind. Sensing his movements almost as soon as he had made them she spun around, throwing her own duel shield, a small round model on her left arm, out in front of her as Juruo crashed into it. Now behind her, Aerial had kicked out in desperation, as Juruo hit the woman they fell in a heap over his outstretched leg. Screaming with rage, the woman slashed with her knife. Juruo howled in agony as the blade buried itself in his shoulder; hot blood immediately started producing from the wound. Fighting against the pain, Juruo caught her arm as she pulled it back for a second stab, trying to pin it, but the wound was weakening the strength in his shoulder, he couldn’t overpower her, she shook him off, wrapping her shield arm round him to hold him in place and raising the bloodied knife again. Sensing his danger, Aerial kicked out with his other leg.

His boot connected with the woman in the side of the head. Stunned, she dropped the blade, her body going limp as she moaned groggily. Grabbing his opportunity, Juruo knocked the blade out of her reach, and pulled himself out of her faded grasp, grabbing the keys from her belt, and helping Aerial up. He looked down at the half conscious woman; there was something freakish about her skin, her dark eyes.

“Thanks for that. Who is this woman?”

Aerial panted for breath, trying to regain calm. “I believe her name is Urusula. Out of the all the people I’ve encountered here, she is the most twisted, the most sadistic. She revels in the pain she had caused me. I don’t understand how, but she has some strange control over insects. They just come out of her body. We mustn’t...”

“You will not escape” Urusula’s rasping groan interrupted him. She was still flat on her back, blinking groggily. The boys choked as she, using her remaining strength, breathed in deeply. She exhaled violently, spitting out a swarm of flies from her mouth, that buzzed around the two horrified boys, before the horde flew through the bars and away. Strength giving out, the woman’s head rolled, and she slipped into unconsciousness. The two boys, appalled by this sick sight and sound, turned to each other.

“Erm, how much control did you say?” Juruo gasped, as he clutched his bloody shoulder.

“I’m going to guess mastery” Aerial replied, his voice shaking. “That must have been a distress call. We have to escape. Now.”

Running on adrenaline, the two boys raced out of the cell, slamming and locking the door behind them. Aerial went left, following the direction he had sensed the flies leave in, feeling his way along the passage. Juruo went right, shouting into each cell, until he got the answer he was praying for. Seconds evaporated as he tried desperately to get the right key, until finally he got the door open. Groaning, Sabin staggered out of the door, looking weary as he swept his filthy silver hair from out of his face. He was supporting Hikari over his shoulder. She moaned lightly, struggling to support herself. The duo both had their duel shields attached, they had clearly had to endure the same torturous duels Aerial had.

“Bout time mate” Sabin growled indignantly. “You look like you got off pretty light. Those thugs have been using us for sport, and the effect’s taken its toll on Hikari.” Hikari groaned again, Juruo’s heart pulled as he saw she had acquired yet more deep scarring to her fragile body.

“This is my fault. I’m sorry” Juruo started.

“It’s okay, you came” Hikari whispered. She released her hold from around Sabin’s shoulder, wobbling slightly, but her iron like resolve forced her to stay upright.

“Save it. Let’s get out of here first, and then talk. There’s something in particular I want an explanation on.” Sabin held his right arm into the candlelight, Juruo gasped. Emblazed there on the back of his lower arm, was a dark red mark, in the shape of two long wings. “This appeared on me about an hour ago. Hikari has one too. Would I be taking a wild guess to think you have one too?”

Juruo nodded. “Yes, but let’s get out of here first. We don’t have much time.”

The reunited trio ran back to the passageway and left the dungeon by a spiral staircase at the passages end. Aerial was waiting at the top for them in a dark corridor similar to all the others. Hikari gasped as she saw him. She couldn’t stop herself placing a gloved hand on the soldiers face, as she looked helplessly into his hollow, unmoving eyes, instantly understanding what had happened.

“It is good to meet you again Hikari. I just wish I could have seen you, in the happier circumstances we thought were so close to us that night.”

“I can’t believe you’re alive. Hey, where’s Mel? We have to rescue him too.”

Aerial shook his head. “We need to worry about getting ourselves out. It will take too long to find where they are keeping the little guy.” Hikari opened her mouth to protest, but Juruo cut her off.

“Look, I know what she did, but we all know Erin won’t let any harm come to Melanc. As long as he’s near her, he’ll be safe. I’m not happy with leaving him either, but we’ve got to get ourselves out, as quickly as possible.”

In silence, the group followed the intertwining corridors as quickly as they dared, trying to remain undiscovered for as long as possible, glancing around every corner expecting to run into trouble. Remarkably for someone without eyesight, Aerial didn’t need that much guidance, as he followed close behind the others, using his hearing to concentrate on their moves. The group tried every door they passed, hoping it might lead to an exit. This was impossible, every passage looked the same, there was no way of telling where in the castle they might be. For all they knew they might still be underground and need to go up further floors. And the longer this kept up, the more the chances they’d be discovered. Someone must have realised by now.

“Bah, this is ridiculous.” Aerial muttered, as Sabin forced his way into yet another empty room. “There must be a way out somewhere.”

“Not for you there isn’t” a high pitched voice echoed around the corridor. The four spun around to see the red haired Raesir emerged from another passage behind them. He was grinning malevolently at the group, his tattoos exposed by the short sleeve crimson jacket he wore glowing ghostly blue in the candlelight, his duel shield at the ready. “I figured something must be wrong when that swarm of flies started attacking me. How careless of Urusula to let you out. You stubborn brats just don’t know when you should stay down. There is only one way out here, and that’s through the front door. Good luck getting there.”

Juruo stepped forward, arming his duel shield. Hikari placed a hand on his shoulder, tried to stop him “No Juruo, you can’t duel now, we’re in no condition to fight him and his fire cards.”

“Maybe not, but maybe by beating his head in, he’ll be kind enough to produce us with an exit. What do you say Raesir?”

Raesir sniggered maniacally. “You think I’m that stupid? All I’m going to provide you with is an end to your miserable little life.”

“Let’s... arrrrrgh!!!”

Juruo jumped as his opponent collapsed forward, clutching the back of his head, revealing a figure behind him. Somehow, Sabin had snuck through the room and out of another door behind Raesir, removed his duel shield, and with both hands smashed it over the young upstarts head. He shrugged nonchalantly as he reattached his shield, before hauling his fallen victim to his feet in a full nelson. Raesir struggled, but with a mere tightening of his grip that had him shouting in pain, he gave up.

“After all you and your mates have done to us over the last few days, I think you owe us a favour, like say... an exit, don’t you agree Raesir?” Sabin asked as if he wanted an everyday favour. “Before you refuse, you might want to bear in mind there are four people here who are very pissed off with you, and we all have decks full of monsters that, thanks to your buddy Demon, can all suddenly do you some very serious harm.” He nodded to the others, who responded by activating their shields. Raesir glanced in panic at each of them, trying to work out whether helping them or stubbornly refusing would be more damaging to his health.

“Alright, alright, the front door is on the floor above. It’s the only way out I swear.”

Dragging their reluctant guide with them, the group ascended another flight of stairs and followed the directions Raesir was giving them in increasing amounts of fury. Finally they reached a grand looking entrance hall with a high ceiling and two large staircases to the upper floors flanking some giant doors to the main court hall. Everything was silent. Creeping through the shadows around the edge of the room, glancing around nervously, the four plus one snuck over to the front door. Juruo spied a multi handled wheel on the other side of the doors, a series of ropes and pulleys forming a chain to open it. He motioned Aerial and, after some puffing to get it started, slowly got the doors to swing open. A breath of cold mountain air engulfed them. The sky outside was inky black, the veil of darkness punctured by the occasional star. Hikari couldn’t help but utter a small cry as the doors cranked fully opened, even Sabin gasped. Floating in the night sky above them hung three large balls of fire, blazing like small suns.

There was a crash behind them. The doors to the main hall swung open, standing between them were the grizzly looking Gear, his dark eyes blinking between his grungy hair in shock, and standing next to him, looking just as shocked, Erin.

For a full minute, nobody moved.

Sabin shouted and ran, throwing the helpless Raesir to the floor as he did so. At his command, everyone reacted. The four hurtled through the doors into the cold night air, the half mechanical man and their former ally turned traitor sprinting closely after them. There was only one path leading down the mountain in a naturally formed fashion, none of them knew what was down there.

“Now what?” Sabin yelled against the wind.

“Just keep running” Juruo replied, as he tried to think of a better answer. It wasn’t much of a plan, as giving their current beaten and tired states, Erin and Gear had the upper hand in stamina. They were already gaining on them. He started snatching at cards from his shield, desperately searching for dragons that they could fly away on, like when he and Phalanx had burst into the castle. Hopefully the affect of the Final Countdown up above would aid their escape, if he could pull out the right flaming cards that were currently evading him. Adrenaline rush spent, his stamina was starting to drop alarmingly. He could hear Aerial and Hikari starting to fade behind him too, and Erin and Gear, who were starting to draw their own cards, were gaining on them.

Hikari screamed in fright, distracting Juruo from his deck search, just in time. A dozen yards ahead, a purple flame had erupted into life, and from the fire, Demon strolled forth, eyes closed, sword drawn in his left hand. Juruo screeched to a halt, as did Hikari and Sabin.

Aerial however, did not stop. Unable to see the danger, his hearing dulled by fear blocking Hikari and Juruo’s warnings cries, he just kept running, straight into Demon’s waiting clutches. With minimal effort, the nemesis thrust his sword forward, straight through Aerials chest as he charged straight into the waiting steel, not realising until the blade went straight through him, producing through his back.

“Going somewhere?”

Horrified, the others watched as Aerial gasped in shock, clutching the steel sword as dreadful realisation dawned on him. Demon slowly rolled his neck, opening his eyes as he looked over the escaping prisoner, a look of sheer disdain. Aerial coughed violently, blood spurting from his throat, onto the coat of the demonic madman. Disgusted, Demon pulled his sword free, striking his victim in the chest with his right hand as he did so. Aerial seemed to fall in slow motion, his remaining mess of green hair blowing in the wind, before landing on his back spread eagled, staring emptily at the gathering inferno above them, before his eyelids closed.

Hikari couldn’t bear to look, burying her face into the shoulder of the numb Sabin. Dumbly, he put an arm around her, unable to speak. Juruo shook uncontrollably, fists clenched, furious tears running down his face. Nobody noticed as Gear and Erin pulled up behind them. Gear took a step forward, but Erin grabbed him by the shoulder, shaking her head slightly. Everyone’s attention turned to Demon, who was casually wiping his sword on a snow covered rock beside him.

“Thus another existence made up entirely of fighting lost causes and battling affections for a woman he could never have comes to a forlorn end. How pitiful. Now our little feathered friend will not be joining us in a paradise where he would have been free from such torment.” Demon’s eyes flicked upwards from his cleaning, then back to the distraught group facing him. He glared unsmiling at them. “Now you can see first-hand the gloriousness of what I am about to accomplish, can you appreciate it?”

“You utter nut job” Sabin croaked, struggling to recover his voice that was choked with terror. “We’re supposed to sympathise with you after that?”

“He was defenceless” Hikari cried. Her face was pale; she was too appalled to cry. “It doesn’t matter what you say, you didn’t have to kill him.”

“I didn’t have to keep him alive either” was Demon’s response. “Now if you don’t want to meet the same end as him, please be so kind as to let Gear and Erin escort you back to your rooms.”

With nowhere else to go, refusing to go back, the trio backed themselves into a corner, a pinnacle of rock sticking out from the mountain path, which overhung a severe drop. Juruo and Sabin activated their duel shields, backtracking towards the edge of the rock and the drop below, completely stuck. The threesome of Erin, Gear and Demon were closing in, activating their own shields. There was a crumbling of rocks, followed by a scream. The boys turned in horror.

“Hikari!”

The rock under Hikari’s feet had given way, and she was falling. Her long hair caught in the rush of the wind as she stared up at them. Faster she fell. Far below her, a swirling whirlpool of red fog opened up, the odd bolt of energy flashing across it. The two boys stared open mouthed as Hikari feel through the fog, and disappeared.

Juruo stood teetering on the brink, scared and confused. Not Hikari as well. She couldn’t be. He turned to Sabin. Why was Sabin looking so calm... relieved even. The rebel turned to him, and nodded, smiling. “Jump” he mouthed. Juruo looked at him, bewildered. He shook his head, of course he wouldn’t jump, he was going to fight Sabin rolled his eyes, and threw out a hand. Pushed off the precipice, Juruo fell headfirst, sinking into the cloud of red smoke, and disappeared.

Sabin turned to look at the three foes behind him, his intent to wave a mocking goodbye. However, his attention was distracted by a movement on the path above the group staring open mouthed at the apparent suicides. There, on the rocks above, was another figure, garbed entirely in purple robes, clutching a wooden staff. He couldn’t make out the figures face, apart from a pair of glowing purple eyes. Whoever that was, Sabin felt uneasy looking at the stranger, in a way more uncomfortable than looking at Demon. Gulping, he flicked his wrist in goodbye, turned, and jumped over the side of the cliff. The rush was of the air was terrifying, as he fell closer and closer to the billowing red smoke. He fell through the portal, into darkness. As soon as he passed through, the portal collapsed on itself and closed.

Demon stared over the side of the cliff, closely observing the remaining red smoke fade away as the portal closed. Frowning, he turned to his allies. Gear gulped, cowered under his stare. Erin had clasped her hands to her mouth, looking paler than ever. Demon rolled his neck again, staring furiously at his followers.

“Assemble everyone in the main entrance hall, now.”

[spoiler=...]

I know...inb4:

- dues ex machina miraculous escape... again.

- revolving door policy of minor characters is still in effect. I swear it stops here.

Why'd you bring back Aerial, only to get him killed next chapter? (inb4juruoneededhiscardback) That was... quite a pointless plot thread. It was all so sudden that I didn't even feel anything when he died, just a sort of... wut thing. I understand that he needed to die, but throwing it at us in one chapter's worth of space greatly reduced the value it should have had. Although to be fair, his death was awesome. I also noticed his blindness was retconned for a moment, when Juruo motioned him and he apparently saw. That, or you mixed him up with Sabin.

Overall nice chapter, looks like the company's down to three now. Exciting action, and I liked the interaction with the villain group. I'm also going to appreciate the fact that you made it look like Erin was scared of Demon, whereas she truly was scared for Juruo.... that is what happened, right?

Sabin is now officially my favourite character.

Looking foward to reading where they end up this time. (I'm guessing spirit world)

But he interupted a duel... the fiend :lol:

I think he is everyone's favourite at this point.

Has my description varied wildly?

Man, I liked Aerial...poor guy.

First he goes blind after endless torture, then he unwittingly ran into a sword >.>

R.I.P you tragic figure, you.

Cool that they managed to escape, I'm guessing it's something to do with the Crimson Dragon, but hard to say.

I liked Aerial too, he was pretty cool.

Wow, my description must have been way off...

Why'd you bring back Aerial, only to get him killed next chapter? (inb4juruoneededhiscardback) That was... quite a pointless plot thread. It was all so sudden that I didn't even feel anything when he died, just a sort of... wut thing. I understand that he needed to die, but throwing it at us in one chapter's worth of space greatly reduced the value it should have had. Although to be fair, his death was awesome. I also noticed his blindness was retconned for a moment, when Juruo motioned him and he apparently saw. That, or you mixed him up with Sabin.

Overall nice chapter, looks like the company's down to three now. Exciting action, and I liked the interaction with the villain group. I'm also going to appreciate the fact that you made it look like Erin was scared of Demon, whereas she truly was scared for Juruo.... that is what happened, right?

Figured I'd be picked up on that. Well, mostly, to give Demon more props to be an evil git (and indeed his cronies) and to place further emphasis on the damage duels can do now.

--Few hours later after being interrupted by dad--

On the sight thing, motioned was probably a bad word (sort of tapped on the shoulder and had a word was kinda what I meant). That was just bad choice of word <_<

Yes, that is what happened.

Enjoying my lazy day off, time for some fic action.

Now, the story is going to start to divert a bit. This is going to make the progression of time between different groups a bit... weird. Thankfully, Final Countdown is very useful for indicating where everyone is in relation to each other and indeed it.

Anyway, with that cleared up, Chapter 35. A chapter of two halves, exploring one of the baddies we don't know that much about, and...

[spoiler=Chapter 35]

Chapter 35 - Raesir’s Edge

“Well those things can’t be good.”

Peering through the bars of his cell window, Luca stared up at the two ominous balls of fire hanging in the dark sky. He had only just got out of solitary, so it was the first time he’d seen them. He was hoping he could find his friend and allied resistor Tyrana later and that she would be able to tell him more about them, but until their yard work tomorrow, he was going to have to sit and think.

“Looks like your reprieve isn’t going to last as long as you’d hoped, is it Luca?” Lying on the top bunk of the cell was a thin, middle aged man, with a long scruffy beard and wild hair. Luca scowled at his cell ‘mate’. Ryobi was inside this facility because he was a crazy; who would run around the streets of the city preaching about the end of the world, being a nuisance to everyone. The guard would catch him and lock him up for a few weeks, release him again, and then the cycle would constantly repeat itself. Ryobi had taken great delight in the fires appearance, as this was ‘definitely a sign of the rapture’, and this ‘I told you so’ attitude was made living in this detention facility cell even harder.

“The world isn’t going to end Ryobi, I’m sure it’s just some natural phenomenon or something.” Luca sat down on the bottom bunk, pulling his standard prison shirt over his head before pushing forward his hair back into its weird spike style. He glanced back outside every few seconds. He was trying to sound reassuring, and shut this guy up, but those things just made him shudder, especially after the tales he had heard from that group of other resistors he’d met about a week ago.

“Yeah, yeah, that’s what they all say. Try and deny it how you want, the end is coming, we need to make preparations.” Ryobi continued to ramble for several minutes, but Luca switched off, lying down so that he couldn’t see out of the window. Since their capture six days ago, he and Tyrana had stood trial before the city judge. Usually the sentence for treachery - the title of the crime of possessing duel monster cards and fighting against the Empire - was death, but mercifully there was one thing working in their favour. Information. Both he and Tyrana had been interrogated countless times by guards about the whereabouts of the others whom they had helped escape. What were they planning, where are they going, those sorts of questions. Both of them had remained tight lipped so far, hence Luca’s three day spell in a dark, cold isolation cell, but they knew that eventually Pallas - the governor of the city and main man in charge of running this facility - would lose his patience. Depressed, he fell asleep to the sound of Ryobi’s monotonous ramblings.

Around midday the next day, Luca wandered across the exercise yard to the facilities vegetable patch, broom in hand, towards his partner. One of the trees here had become diseased and had been chopped down, and both of them had been assigned the job, along with a few others, of clearing up the remaining wood and leaves. Tyrana had already started picking up some leafy branches and throwing them in a large sack for disposal. Irritably she pushed her swooping red fringe from out of her face, her hair sticking to her brow that was sweaty from the effort. Luca tapped her on the shoulder and offered the broom, for the less physical job of sweeping leaves.

“Don’t give me that sympathy gesture” she snapped at him. “It’s not the work that’s killing me, it’s this damn heat.” Indeed, it was very warm today. Luca wondered if the fireballs in the sky had anything to do with that. A small bug flew past his head, settling on the fallen tree trunk.

“You heard any rumours about what those things are?” he asked.

“Only thousands” Tyrana snapped at him again, she was never in the mood for silly questions. “Siphoning the few with any credibility from all the rubbish is the hard past.” They both dropped their heads down and proceeding working as a guard walked past, carrying a heavy club. As soon as he was gone, the pair crouched behind the tree so Tyrana could continue at a whisper. “Look, from what I’ve gathered, no one really knows what those things are. Not Pallas, not even the emperor. There has been a lot of unrest in the capital with the people demanding an explanation, but Nero hasn’t been able to give any kind of satisfactory one.”

“So then, do you think this has something to do with the sacred beasts cards the other guys were going after, and that Demon person?” Tyrana nodded to her ally.

“It’s the logical conclusion. I hope nothing terrible has happened to them. Hey, are you even listening?”

Tyrana hit Luca around the head, but he indeed wasn’t listening. He was being distracted by the insect on the tree. It was sat there, this small flying bug, looking at them with its unblinking eyes. It did not seem the least affected as Luca leaned over to examine it more closely. In its mouth, it was holding something that looked like a small piece of paper. The creature dropped the paper in the open hand of the stunned Luca, before it took flight again, hovering before them, looking back over the tree to the other side of the yard. Tyrana glanced from Luca, to creature, then peeked her head over looking across the yard to see what it was staring at, struggling to speak. Its apparent duty done, the creature rose high into the air and flew away, leaving the pair to stare at the message it had left behind.

Meet me at your place. See you soon.

Oh, and hide behind something...

“What the...?” Tyrana started.

She didn’t complete her sentence. Without warning from behind them, there was a flash of light, then a huge explosion, as the perimeter wall of the facility thirty feet behind them blasted apart. Instinctively the pair ducked behind the tree, which resonated with several thuds as heavy slabs of concrete crashing into it. The noise had both resistors ears buzzing. Disorientated, Luca stood, groggily staring at several laid out guards and prisoners who had been caught in the blast. Those who hadn’t been caught by debris were clutching their eyes, the result of a flash bomb. Tyrana got to her feet, just as guards from the main building began to scramble. Reacting quicker than her partner, she leapt over the tree and bolted for the hole in the wall, Luca closely following as his senses regained. The bang from the blast had dulled their hearing, they could not hear the shouting or the sirens or anything else, they were solely focused on getting through the one, miraculous chance of escape.

Despite the head start, the more athletic Luca burst through the hole in the wrecked wall first, pressing his back to it and studying the outside. The facility was built in the mountains away from civilians. This was just an abandoned mountain road, so thankfully no-one was lying around here. Just natural rocks and the fragments of wall scattered around. Tyrana pulled up beside him, heaving, glancing wildly for where to go from here.

“Come on Luca. If someone wanted us out, they can’t have expected us to get away by just running.”

The pair hurtled down the wall, going downhill towards the city, away from the main facility building. At the corner of this wall was a junction, leading left along another outer wall, or straight on. To the right was a set of dumpsters, placed down here for regular pickup of the facilities waste. Tyrana didn’t know what made her believe something was waiting for them, maybe hope more than anything, or the belief someone wanted them out. Either way, she bolted behind the dumpsters, and there it was. Leaning against the unit was an old, standard model duel runner, similar to her old one, used by countless duelists, before being converted to a machine of war. It was old, it was dented, it was dirty, but to her it was the most beautiful shining bike ever made. Heart racing she leapt onto the runner. The keys were in the ignition waiting for her. Luca sat behind her, clutching her waist, and she revved it up, shooting out onto the street and down the hill.

“We going straight for the city exits?” she asked.

“No, the facility will have already got word over and sealed them off. We go back to our own hideout; hopefully our escape tunnel was never discovered.” 'We may get some answers too', he thought.

Ten minutes later, and the duo pulled up outside their old headquarters; an abandoned warehouse towards the outskirts of town. The place had been visibly ransacked. Fearing the worst, Luca heaved the garage door open. His heart sank. The place had been almost entirely stripped of all their equipment. There were the remains of a lot of fire damage as well, scorch marks running up the wall and ceiling. Worse still, the hidden tunnel that the others had used to get away through had been wrenched open, and caved in with several dynamite blasts.

However there was one thing in here that wasn’t damaged. Sitting to the right of the garage, near the stairwell, was a sleek black duel runner, a really high tech model with some cutting edge mechanics, and a tail spoiler. Tyrana pulled her runner alongside it.

“Once the guards realise who got out, they’ll come straight here. If there is someone here waiting for us, and we are going to check this place out, we have maybe five minutes maximum to get to the bottom of this, and grab anything of use.” Luca nodded his agreement, and they carefully made their way upstairs, braced for anything.

What met them on the second floor were not the living quarters they remembered. This had also been stripped bare and burned, the comfy chairs and electrics and books and kitchen stuff had all been taken, presumably now all in the homes of looting guards. Anything that couldn’t be taken, such as fixed kitchen appliances and the large table, had been smashed. Across the room from them, leaning on the wreck of the breakfast bar, was a person, masked by a black riding helmet with a yellow visor covering his face. They were wearing a riding suit of the same design, mostly black with gold streaks. On the persons shoulder was a small winged bug, the same one that had delivered the note. As Luca and Tyrana walked across to engage this stranger, the bug took flight and vanished. The duo stopped a few feet from their mysterious aid, still cautious of what could happen.

Luca addressed the stranger first. “We owe you many thanks. We could not have escaped the facility without your intervention, and we would have surely died there. We’ve come here like you instructed us too. But I hope you understand that we are still suspicious of your actions. Like who are you, and why you would risk yourself to break us, judging from this whole setup, us specifically out?”

The black clad person did not move from their nonchalant pose, remaining fixed there with arms folded, as if they had all the time in the world. Frustrated, Tyrana stepped forward. “Look, I dunno if you’ve realised, but the entire city guard is now probably racing their way here, so make it snappy because we’ve got to go.”

This outburst seemed to get a reaction. The stranger stood upright, standing a little bit taller than the two duelists. The flame haired punkette stared into the helmet, which shielded the person’s expression completely. Frustrated, Tyrana spun on her heel and marched to the exit. It was only then the helmet spoke.

“I busted you out of the detention facility because I need your help. It is concerning the Empire, and the grave danger it has put us all in.”

The voice was stern, and blunt, unquestionably a mans. However, it sounded deep and distorted; there must be something in the helmet that was scrambling his voice. Tyrana stopped and glared back at the black clad man. Silently, he turned to a charred blackened cupboard, hanging by one hinge. Inside it were two duel shields, Luca and Tyrana’s blue and red models.

“These were going to be destroyed, but for the right price, the guards were willing to let me take them off their hands.” Luca extended a hand, only for the stranger to snatch them away. “I did not buy these as acts of charity for you. I need you to come with me to the capital, and for to be at your most helpful, you will probably need these decks which you are already familiar with.”

“And what would we be agreeing to if we decided to help you?” Luca asked, infuriated by this man’s vague and laid back manner.

“It is simple to tell you, but not to accomplish. You will resume your resistance against the Empire. However, this will not be scuppering trivial rulings and freeing the odd person from imprisonment in the second city. There are far greater evils threatening everyone in existence that demand we join forces and go on the offensive. The three of us must journey to the capital, where we will rally together an almighty rebellion against the Empire and strike at its heart. Only then, I fear to say, we will be able to uncover the truth about the figures in the shadows, and the gathering inferno in the sky.”

Tyrana walked back over and stood by Luca’s side. “You seem remarkably well informed, how do you know all this? Who are you?”

The man remained unmoved. “Until I can trust you, I will not reveal my name or my face. All I will tell you now is that I am doing this because of a greater danger; usually I would not associate with criminals like you. I once worked for and supported the Empire, but recent events have made me open my eyes, and become the vigilante stood before you.” The helmet turned to glance out of a broken window. “The guards will arrive in one minute. If we are caught, we will be arrested, possibly even be killed on the spot. I know somewhere we can stay until the city gates reopen, but only if you agree to join my crusade to stop the Empire. Refuse and I leave you at their mercy. Are you in or are you out?” The masked man tucked the red duel shield under his arm, and extended a gloved hand.

The duo looked at each other. Everything about this reeked of suspicion, but they didn’t seem to have much choice. Tyrana nodded her approval. Luca turned to the masked man and shook the hand. “Follow me” he simply said, before bounding past them to the stairs with surprising agility, taking their duel shields with him. Grudgingly the pair followed. The newly formed ‘allies’ saddled up, the masked man set off first, the engine of his runner oddly silent as it purred onto the street, Tyrana making sure she followed close behind. With frightening yet still silent acceleration, the black runner tore off, with Luca and Tyrana in pursuit.

High in the sky above them, a third fireball began to form...

Demon passed back and forth in front of the line of his charges. Raesir was clutching his head, wincing irritably. Urusula, who had regained conscious, been found and released, was shivering, fearful of the look of total rage on her master’s face. The mechanical wrist of Gears right arm spun back and forth, the fingers flexing quickly during revolutions. Erin stood on the end of the line, arms folded and stern faced. Demon continued back and forth, running his hands through his hair, glancing occasionally at the dark figure leaning against a wall in the shadows, whose violet eyes were fixed firmly on him.

“Well...”

Demon did not say anything else. Three of the group exchanged glances, unsure how to answer him. For several moments the awkward silence prevailed. Frustrated, Demon redrew his sword, and slashed at a candle bracket. A large crack appeared in the bone fitting. Holding the sword still, Demon gazed over each person, eyes narrowed. Gulping, Urusula stepped forward, head bowed.

“I have failed you my lord. I did not realise the boy had woken from his coma. I was overcome by the two of them as they took advantage of my surprise. I beg for your forgiveness.”

Demon nodded, his grimace contorted his sunken face into more of a skull. “At least one of you has the guts to accept some sort of responsibility for this. What about you three?”

“Hey, I confronted them, and I got my head smashed in” Raesir grumbled as he continued to rub a lump on the back of his head.

“Hmm, I wonder how that could possibly have happened” Erin muttered to herself.

Raesir stared malevolently up at her. “What’s your point?”

“Let me guess. You charged in headfirst like the reckless idiot you are, confronted them all by yourself head on assuming you could handle it, and then let yourself get attacked from behind, am I... warm?” Erin smiled as Raesir shook with rage, she knew she was right. “Thought so.”

“Hey, at least he attempted to stop them” Gear cut in. “You were hardly trying to stop your boyfriend escape. What the hell did you hold me back for outside? Demon might trust you, but I don’t.”

Erin smirked at him. “You shouldn’t. My goals might be the same as yours, but that doesn’t mean I have to like any of you three. Especially you” she diverted her attention back to Raesir. “My brother nearly died because of you, it was only Juruo’s rescue that saved him. You were supposed to wait for me, for a time when I could sneak the card Osborn had given to us and any more we had obtained back to you, but you had to get all impatient.”

“I didn’t know, remember? None of us knew. All I was told by Demon was to wait at the abandoned smelter for a drop off, or further instruction. Yes I got impatient, so I took things into my own hands and forced yours. If you really were on our side, you could have told me and given me that card, and I’d have handed him back.”

“In front of the others? Besides I did give you the card, in a disguised way.”

Raesir blinked, before bursting into laughter. “What, the duel? Ha, you didn’t give me the card, I beat you for it. I destroyed you for it.”

Erin chuckled quietly to herself. “Only because I let you. After you refilled my hand with your reckless play, I had everything I need to defeat you, but I needed to let you win. I could have summoned a much more powerful monster when I used Ice Age Panic, one that would have wiped out your life points alongside Dewdark’. Or I could have activated my face down.” ‘Your face down?’ Raesir mouthed as Erin picked up the top card of her deck, and showed it to him, a trap card depicting two barrels, diverting an arrow back on itself. Raesir stared at it in disbelief.

Magic Cylinder! But that would have... oh that’s it.” Furiously Raesir activated his duel shield. “You smug harlot, thinking you’re so much better than us. I’m going to make you burn, just like the rest of this world!” Unsurprised by his challenge, Erin activated her own shield.

Demon stepped forward, about to say something, when a withered hand rested on his shoulder. The cloaked being pulled up alongside him. His eyes cast over the battlefield, over the enraged flame haired duelist and the elegant pale woman staring icily back at him, as they each retreated a few steps.

“This might be interesting. Let’s see how it plays out” he whispered, as the two drew their hands.

“Let’s duel!”

“As I lost our match, I think I’ll start this time around” Erin stated, drawing a card with her eyes firmly locked on Raesir. “I summon Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier in attack mode.” The mystical fair haired warrior materialised from a shimmering blue portal, standing tall beside her (ATK: 1500). “Then I’ll place one card face down”.

Raesir snatched at his sixth card irritably. “I’m up then. I play Summoner Monk in defence.” An old man in dark robes, sitting in a position of meditation, arms folded inside his long sleeves, appeared in a cloud of smoke, two lengths of long white hair dangling down from under his hood (DEF: 1600). “Now once a turn, I can use my monk’s effect. By dropping a spell card from my hand, I can summon any level four monster from my deck. Only thing is, it can’t attack this turn. But you already know I don’t need to attack, when I can shoot you down in flames with cards like Solar Flare Dragon.” The stone ground burst into flames. From the blaze rose a long serpent, seemingly made of fire, writhing like a snake and baring its fangs at Erin, who looked unimpressed.

“When you special summon a monster, I can discard a card to summon Dragon Ice from my hand.” A creature with a skull like face, a bulky snow white body, and a long tail floated through a similar gate to Pilgrims, cracking its clawed knuckles, and occasionally beating its tatty black wings to remain airborne. A slight mist seemed to emanate with each breath it took (ATK: 1800).

Raesir recoiled, unprepared for such a move. “Oh, whatever, it’ll melt soon. I place one card face down and end my turn. With that, Solar Flare Dragon’s effect activates, instantly blasting you for five hundred life points.” The fiery lizard threw back its head, and launching a fireball at Erin, who was forced to block it with her shield. She grimaced, disgruntled, glancing at the scorch marks on her shield (LP: 3500)

“You expect me to let something fall into Bottomless Trap Hole again?” Erin asked, insulted.

“You expect me to attack and run straight into Magic Cylinder?” was Raesir’s response.

[spoiler=Summary - End Turn 2]

Erin - Front Row: Pilgrim of Ice Barrier, Dragon Ice. Back Row: Face down. Hand: 2. LP: 3500

Raesir - Front Row: Summoner Monk, Solar Flare Dragon. Back Row: Face down. Hand: 3 LP: 4000

The four spectators of this grudge match watched intently, intrigued by the new member, as she added a card to her hand. She gave it a quick glance, but decided against use. “Dragon Ice, attack!” The beast unleashed a stream of misty white flame from its mouth, engulfing the fire based dragon. Steam filled the room as the two elements clashed. Superior attack power quickly overcame.

“I activate the trap Backfire. With this in play, every time a fire monster is destroyed, you take five hundred points of damage.”

“That will do” Erin simply stated, accepting the damage (LP: 3000), watching Raesir glower at her in furious disbelief (LP: 3700).

“That will do!? Are you serious? You’re just going to sit behind those two weak monsters?” Erin nodded, amused that something this minor was causing her opponent to rage so much. Offended, Raesir snatched out another card, glancing at it. His eyes widened in feverish surprise, and he began to cackle madly. “You’ll regret your move. You think you’re the only one with an axe to grind with the Empire? Well you’re not, Ice Queen. I’ve seen my entire town go up in flames because of the Emperor.@ Erin did not look interested in the coming lecture, but Raesir indulged himself. "A factory reactor explosion, caused by the overuse of the Emperor hell bent on producing arms for war. He and his advisors covered it up like some tragic accident, that it couldn’t be avoided with the war approaching, but still he left us to suffer in the ashes, without aid. His only concern was extending his influence over other nations, rather than looking after his own who he had abused. I swore I would get even, and by doing it from destroying the devil from within makes it all the sweeter. Now he’s going to have to watch his entire world die in an inferno, just like I did.”

Raesir’s voice reached new levels of high pitched delirium as he began his play. “I activate Summoner Monk’s ability again, discarding a spell card to summon another level four monster from my deck. Another Solar Flare Dragon.” The same flames erupted as before, and an identical dragon to the one that had just been slain came forth. Grinning, Raesir turned around his drawn card. “Now I can activate the spell Inferno Reckless Summon. When I special summon a monster, this powerful card lets us both choose one monster we control, and summon all monsters we have identical to it from our hands, decks, and graveyards. So I resurrect the dragon you thought you had gotten rid off, and then a third one from my hand.” Raesir grinned manically from behind his wall of flaming dragons.

Erin scowled. “I’ll pass.”

“Good, then this gives me an opportunity to tell you about my dragons other special abili...”

“I am aware of Solar Flare lock, thank you very much.” Erin did not yell, merely stated, but she still sounded very angry. As indeed most people might be when prevented from attacking three monsters that could do regular, not to mention real damage.

“Oh, someone just got a little rattled” Raesir’s smug grin was getting wider. “Next, I release Summoner Monk to summon the only card left in my hand, Infernity Destroyer.” A towering black skinned fiend rose from the mist that had enveloped the monk, flexing its long claw like fingers (ATK: 2300). “When my hand is empty, and Destroyer sends your Dragon Ice to the graveyard, you not only get hit with the damage, but sixteen hundred points of burn too. Combined with my three dragons, that will be enough. Destroyer, attack.”

The large fiend pulled back a fist, swinging it at the icy dragon. At the last second, a ghostly figure rose between them, taking the blow instead. Erin smirked at Raesir’s frustration.

“So you sent Necro Gardna to the graveyard when you summoned that thing. Very clever, I admit, but you won’t last another round. I end my turn, and with that you take three blasts from my dragons.” Each dragon reared and fired in turn, Erin actively having to parry away the fireballs as they shot down at her. The intense force of each forced her back a step, the heat made her start to sweat and gasp for fresh air (LP: 1500)

[spoiler=Summary - End Turn 4]

Erin - Front Row: Pilgrim of Ice Barrier, Dragon Ice. Back Row: Face down. Hand: 3. LP: 1500

Raesir - Front Row: Infernity Destroyer, Solar Flare Dragon x3. Back Row: Backfire. Hand: - LP: 3700

Standing upright, ignoring her hair that was being blasted out of place and her clammy brow, and the other four people watching with baited breath, Erin drew a card, her eyes still not leaving Raesir. She smiled at the result. She had not been relying on this by any means, but it would speed up her revenge on this obnoxious, narcissistic punk who had endangered her brother, would have killed him... had it not been for Juruo. Her body began to shake. She might act self-conscious and guarded most of the time. It was when running on emotion like this that Erin suddenly became very, very dangerous.

“I activate the spell card One for One. By sending one card from my hand, I can summon a level one monster from my deck. I choose Darksea Rescue.” A small dingy, powered by two hooded oarsman, sailed through the dark portal, the oarsman rowing through the air (ATK: 0). “Next, by returning one card in my hand to the top of my deck, I can bring back the monster I just sent to the graveyard, Plaguespreader Zombie. Then I summon the monster I just drew, one you might recognise, Defender of the Ice Barrier." A small fox with crystals of ice producing from its tail, and a bulky, shuffling zombie with rotting flesh emerged beside the others. Recoiling in horror, Raesir took a back step.

“F...ff.ffii... ve... monsters?” he spluttered, staring wide eyed at Erin’s army.

“More to the point, fifteen stars worth of monsters, and two of them are tuners. Now my monsters will join together, united with me in their hatred of you, and destroy you. Plaguespreader Zombie tunes with Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier, and Defender of the Ice Barrier unites with Dragon Ice and Darksea Rescue, to create two mighty dragons of the frozen world that lay waste to all who oppose them. Dragons of the Ice Barrier, Brionac and Trishula.”

The pale blue serpent Erin had summoned, only to see wasted by Raesir’s trap in her previous encounter, unleashed a cry from its snowflake shaped face that sent shivers down the spins of all in presence. Then there was the other dragon beside it, a three headed monstrosity, its body dark blue in colour, standing on its hind legs as it tucked back its glistening angel like wings. Each head cried with a different pitch, each getting higher and higher as they screamed in unison (ATK: 2300 and 2700). Staggering in panic, Raesir had backed against a wall, staring up at the two beautiful yet deadly dragons. “My dragon’s effects still stop them from attacking” he stuttered. Everyone knew he was clutching at straws.

“Trishula’s effect activates as soon as she arrives on the field.” Erin ignored her opponents fear, her eyes becoming oddly glazed, like they had before. “One card in your hand, one on the field, and one in your graveyard must be removed from play. Selection is irrelevant.” Shaking, Raesir removed Infernity Destroyer, along with another card, and opened the removed from game slot on his shield, still holding onto the hope of Solar Flare lock. “Next I activate my trap card Reckless Greed, letting me draw two more cards. And because Darksea Rescue was used as part of a Synchro summon, I can add a third. Then by simply discarding all three of these cards from my hand, Brionac forces your three dragons back into your hand, leaving you wide open.”

“Alright, this doesn’t need to go any further.” Demon stepped forward, waving for a halt. This was getting out of hand; there was no reason for this to go on and his henchman to get blasted. However, the figure beside him disagreed. He pulled Demon back, his eyes wide in excitement.

“Finish the match. Show no mercy.”

Erin didn’t need the encouragement. She simply pointed to her opponent, and both dragons fired. The force of the icy assault lifted the open mouthed Raesir from the floor, smashing him back into the wall. He fell, limp and groaning weakly (LP: 0).

I was wondering if Luca and Tyrana would ever come back, no clue who the third guy is, though I'm betting he's a brand new character, which is fine.

I liked this chapter, Erin and Raesir had a short, but sweet (or maybe sour) duel and the fact that the story's broadening its focus is pretty good too.

Yep, the dynamic duo are back and going to be getting a lot of exposure in this arc.

The masked rider (as I'll refer to him until his name is revealed) is the final new character I've been hinting at, hopefully he'll go down well.

I admit I didn't do as much on Raesir as I was hoping too (given the chapter name) but hopefully it provided an idea as to his own motivations for joining Demon, which may be explored in more depth later in the arc. As for Erin, had to give her some kind of revenge on him.

PS: 3,000 views :D *pops corks*

Mhh, interesting to see the 1st duel after she revealed she was evil suddenly she gains DARK monsters.

Anywho, it was a quite good chapter and I liked it.

:lol: Darksea and PSZ support her heavily synchro based deck anyway.

She had the monsters the whole of arc two, not actually suddenly, I just didn't reveal them until now.

Thanking you kindly.

In this chapter, I was *insert Kiryu voice* satisfied. In fact, it could be said that this chapter is one of my very favorites, firstly because of the awesome Erin duel and overall villain interaction. Trishula is so goddamn epic. And second, because of Luca and Tyranna, whom I thought completely cast aside. I will note though, that I would have been more satisfied if they didn't suddenly get all that exposition. Their escape from the prison would have been enough for now, then you could have handled their meeting with the masked rider either directly in one of the next chapters, or in a flashback after they've already gone to the capital. Their whole part was a little cluttered and abrupt this way. Still good, though. Although, instead of resistor, could you use resistance member instead? Resistor makes me think of an insubordinate transistor.

Only part I didn't really like was Raesir having an Infernity monster.

In this chapter, I was *insert Kiryu voice* satisfied. In fact, it could be said that this chapter is one of my very favorites, firstly because of the awesome Erin duel and overall villain interaction. Trishula is so goddamn epic. And second, because of Luca and Tyranna, whom I thought completely cast aside. I will note though, that I would have been more satisfied if they didn't suddenly get all that exposition. Their escape from the prison would have been enough for now, then you could have handled their meeting with the masked rider either directly in one of the next chapters, or in a flashback after they've already gone to the capital. Their whole part was a little cluttered and abrupt this way. Still good, though. Although, instead of resistor, could you use resistance member instead? Resistor makes me think of an insubordinate transistor.

Only part I didn't really like was Raesir having an Infernity monster.

Hmm... okay... I wanted to do that last bit then so not to overly complicate time going back and forth. And I wanted to introduce the masked rider.

Thought you'd like the Erin duel. Btw, there is a reason for Infernity Destroyer. Let's just say looking back now, I wish I'd got one in Osborn's second deck.

Yeah, I understand. However, as long as you don't overdo it, I think spreading the story out a bit is generally a good thing. Gives readers time to absorb each scene. To me, the escape from the prison was originally passed as insignificant, as I focused on the part with the masked rider - but as I re-read it I realized it was a very well-written, detailed scene that I would have originally appreciated more, if the following segment hadn't detracted focus from it. See what I mean?

Yeah, I understand. However, as long as you don't overdo it, I think spreading the story out a bit is generally a good thing. Gives readers time to absorb each scene. To me, the escape from the prison was originally passed as insignificant, as I focused on the part with the masked rider - but as I re-read it I realized it was a very well-written, detailed scene that I would have originally appreciated more, if the following segment hadn't detracted focus from it. See what I mean?

Er, kinda.

Anywho, loving my days of, wrote pretty much all of chapters 40-41 over last two days, as well as clearing up all the little bits and side scenes in the chapters in between. Now for chapter 36, which sees me pretty much trying to dig myself out of my hole, and set up for the next five chapters of consectutive duels. Clearing up a few threads from the last two chapters, and setting the new goal for the story. Which the next five chapters of which include consectutive duels (shameless bribery)

[spoiler=Chapter 36]

Chapter 36 - Return of the Holy Dragons

Erin stood over her fallen opponent, watching him as his chest heaved up and down, desperately snatching at oxygen. She put a hand on one of the necks of her many headed dragon, it purred softly as it faded back into the spirit world, Brinoac disappearing as well. Behind her, the incensed Gear and Urusula activated their own duel shields. Shaking off his father’s hand, Demon finally got himself involved.

“Satisfied now Erin?” he asked. She nodded mutely, before turning to walk away. “They are all still alive you know. Your love is still there for you, if he is sensible enough to realise it is over, and stay away like a good boy. But he doesn’t seem to be one for making the smart decisions, does he?” Erin turned her head, glaring at him.

“Demon, Erin” the cloaked man hobbled forth from the shadows, leaning on his wooden staff for support. “Stop pretending that the rebels are of no further consequence. Did you not see the marks on that boys arm before he leapt into the portal?” Erin shook her head, as did Gear who had also been present. Demon however nodded. “That boy had a mark of the signers. It does not take much deduction to realise that the girl and the other boy will have marks too.”

“But this is not a fight for the signers” Demon scowled irritably. “It is not their time, not their battle... Oh what does it matter anyway? Not even they can stop what has already been started.”

“Nonsense, of course the signers, and the holy dragons, have the power to avert destruction. That is their sole duty. I feared this would happen once the countdown started, that in desperation for survival, the dragons would select new champions to save their world and this one from the end. If all of the signers were to assemble, then they could use their combined power to stop us.”

Erin turned away again and continued towards a staircase leading down. “Then I’m going after them. They oppose us because they are brainwashed by these dragons and other duel spirits, forcing the misconception of what a disaster Armageddon will be down their throats and how it must be stopped. Let me talk to Juruo, he will listen to me.”

Demon grinned; Erin was such a stubborn one. “And if he doesn’t, you will do what is necessary?”

There was a long pause, one which Erin did not answer. With a swish of her cloak, she disappeared down the stairs. The cloaked man turned to the other two, who were stood like statutes taking all this information in. “Well, what are you two looking at? Find the other signers and eliminate them.”

“How on earth are we supposed to do that?” Gear started. The violet eyes narrowed at him from under the hooded cloak.

“The champions of the holy dragons share a special bond, and all the qualities of courage of heart, strength of spirit, and the will to succeed. However, their marks will not appear until they are pushed to the edge of these resolves. Demon, contact the Emperor, the common people must be made to suffer more hardship, then the remaining signers may be lured out of hiding. So that we can strike them as soon as they raise their heads above ground.”

Demon shook his head, frowning. “Nero’s reign is teetering on the brink of collapse as it is, with people panicking in the wake of the fires above them. He wouldn’t make a move that could further provoke them into sparking a mass revolution.” His smile returned briefly. “At least, not of his own free will.”

“Maybe a revolution is exactly what we need to ignite the intense emotions that will reveal our enemies” the cloaked man said. “I think it is time I paid a visit to our emperor myself.” The figure took the staff with both hands and struck the ground, disappearing in a cloud of purple smoke.

Demon turned to Urusula and Gear. “We have come too far to be stopped now. I will continue to lead our operations from here, keeping in communication with you all. Raesir,” he nodded towards the still body by the far wall “will aid me here once he has recovered. Urusula, head for the capital. Gear, you track down and eliminate these three ‘signers’ that we already know about. We will hunt them down and destroy them.” The pair nodded, and departed by the same stairwell that Erin had used, leaving Demon alone to make his own plans from the castle.

The cat spirit Rinyan licked at its companion, mewing softly between licks. Slowly Hikari opened her eyes. She found herself lying on a stony floor, gazing out straight ahead of her to a cavernous entrance, overlooking the sea. Standing in the archway was a tall, muscular figure with scarlet hair falling down in thick braids behind his back, his skin tinged with that odd violet hue. A smaller figure was sitting cross legged beside him. Hikari looked back at the purring spirit, her friend through hard times. The cat licked her arm again, just above her glove, staring at her with its green eyes. Hikari blinked, her skin felt oddly cold. She looked at her arm, and the slight moisture left on the skin. Well that had never happened before. Scooping up Rinyan in her arms, she staggered to her feet. She remembered falling through the red smoke, and instead of landing on the rocks below, she had seemed too fall sideways, landing softly on the floor where she had just passed out. She looked around. The two boys were laid out either side of her in similar fashion; they seemed to still be fast asleep. Shaking them awake, Hikari looked around the temple they had been returned to. It was the same as before, the walls displaying endless copies of designs of duel monster cards, and the great round stone raised above on a small platform, the gateway now silent and still.

Groaning, Juruo rolled over, blinking as he noticed the small electric blue dragon that was staring at him with its big sad eyes. Smiling he reached to pet it. As he did so, pain shot through his left shoulder. Clutching at it, his senses woke to the stab wound Urusula had given him. Removing his duel shield, jacket and shirt, he asked Sabin to examine the wound. All the blood had clotted and dried, leaving a great mess on his shoulder and the forming of a scar.

“Hmm... I’m not a doctor, but that looks pretty deep. Might be muscle and tendon damage. Try putting your duel shield on and raising it.” Juruo did as he was told, standing and trying to lift the shield into a normal position. He held it for a few seconds, before buckling in a fit of howling and cursing. He tried to lift it a second time, to no avail. Sabin forced him to sit down again.

“Don’t push yourself, you’ll make it worse. Looks like if you have to duel, you’ll have to switch arms. Try that.” With a bit of help, Juruo attached the shield to his right arm, raising it normally. He drew a couple of cards left handed. The motions made him wince, but at least he could protect himself like this. He offered to examine Sabin, but he refused, saying he’d bandage the two of them up later. As for Hikari, who was now making her way over to the entrance, they knew she preferred to do her own thing.

Patched up for now, the boys (Decoy Dragon flying up onto Juruo’s good shoulder with a delighted cry) caught up with Hikari and approached the almighty spirit, and indeed their rescuer, Seishin. He was standing arms folded looking out at the still ocean (with his two ‘regular’ eyes). Sat beside him was the Attack Gainer, a small warrior monster that sometimes appeared by Sabin. Seishin did not move as they stood next to him, just continued staring out at the sun and the deep blue sea, at a small fishing boat sailing past in the distance. His eyes diverted upwards slightly, solemnly indicating for the others to follow his gaze. The sun was high in the sky, about mid-morning time. But the left, suspended high above, were those same three balls of fire, swirling menacingly in the azure.

“There are actually six in total now, you know” the spirits deep voice cut through the air suddenly. “Three can be seen here, and there are another three in the sky in the duel spirit world, the fires that gather in the skies like a plague. A seventh fireball will appear soon too.” The spirit sighed deeply, his long hair swayed as his head shook. “That gives the world little more than a week before the end.”

Nobody quite knew what to say to that. Juruo mumbled something, attempting to apologise and take responsibility, but words failed him. Hikari weakly attempted to thank him for the rescue, but his look put her off. Sabin just stared into the distance. The mighty spirit, perhaps sensing their sorrow and regret, carried on. “I take it you will not give up despite this?”

“No, we won’t. Not as long as there is something that we can do” Hikari answered.

“I thought as much. There is always a way to fight back, no matter how impossible the situation looks. It takes a special kind of determination and will to overcome such odds, along with tremendous power. I see from your arms that you have, despite what has happened, acquired the power I speak about.”

Juruo nodded, lifting his arm to show Seishin the dark crimson mark embedding in his skin, depicting the head of a dragon. Without looking at the others, Sabin raised his arm, displaying a pair of wings, the tattoo upside down as he held it currently, but they would point skywards usually. Hikari paused for a moment, before pulling up her right sleeve, to reveal amongst all the cuts and scars, a crimson mark in the shape of a claw. Seishin looked over the marks, and nodded.

“I will assume none of you are familiar with the legend of the Crimson Dragon.” The trio shook their heads.

“Every five thousand years, a war rages between light and darkness. Between a number of dark deities known as the Earthbound Immortals, and on the side of light, a divine being known as the Crimson Dragon, and its allies the holy dragons. This world is the battleground for this war, and each side would select its champions, signers and dark signers, to wield the power of these forces, until one side emerged victorious. Of course, always the side of light and the Crimson Dragon prevailed. However, this war is not due to take place for another fifteen hundred years, give or take. I don’t understand why the dragons would re-emerge now."

“When I was unconscious in Demon’s castle, I faced those dragons.” Juruo stepped forward, staring out to the sea and then back to his arm. “This deity, Eternia, used them against me in a duel. Their power was incredible, it took everything I had to manage to survive, and I still lost.”

“Whoa, back up a second there” Sabin interrupted. “When did this happen, and who is Eternia?”

“Eternia is... was a duel spirit, who was appointed as a guardian over time and fate, to watch over all reality from her home, the Nexus. She created our two decks and gifted them to us through Inpachi. She said she also gave Hikari cards.” The boys turned to Hikari. “You said you had the Fabled as a child, but only received your Lightsworn monsters a few months ago. Where did you get them from?”

Hikari looked at the two boys awkwardly. She held Rinyan close, stroking it. “Well, during a riot in the city, I got into a fight with a member of the guard. I fell, and he raised his sword, poised to kill me. It was then, out of nowhere, that this cat like creature appeared, leaping at the man’s face. Distracted, he fell backwards, giving me time to run. A few hours later, while I was hiding in the forest in Sen’nenki, the strange cat appeared before me again. It was so unusual with its long ears and little crown. It didn’t think it was possible, but I knew it was the same one, it had to be. I picked it up, and as soon as I did, I just felt... so many emotions.” Hikari smiled and hugged Rinyan, the cat purring with delight.

Juruo nodded, the dragon sat on his shoulder purring. “Same thing happened to me when I met Decoy Dragon for the first time.”

“When contact was established, the deck in my shield started to glow. Searching through it I found a card depicting the cat, or Rinyan as we know her now, and all the other Lightsworn. But I didn’t want to throw away my Fabled, so I mixed them up as best I could into one deck. I guess they could have been a gift from this Eternia. What about you Sabin?”

Sabin turned his head, blinking at her as she nodded towards the motionless warrior. “You what? You think we’ve hugged and stuff? No way.” Hikari raised an eyebrow. Guiltily, Sabin dropped his head. “We bro-fisted.”

“So all three of you received powerful sets of cards from the goddess Eternia” Seishin confirmed to himself. “She selected the three of you as her warriors against Demon, you fought against him and his darkness, and then you all receive marks of the signers. That is interesting.”

“While we were travelling across the Empire, Eternia kept appearing in my nightmares about Demon, telling me that I would defeat him in his own castle. She gave us the location of his castle for us to teleport from here to.”

“She could’ve spoken to us.” Sabin huffed. Juruo shook his head.

“Let me finish and you won’t feel the same. She ordered, demanded that I attack Demon, urging me to willingly sacrificing you two to stop him. As punishment for not following her orders, Eternia pulled me into her world while I was unconscious. She said all this stuff about fate being fixed, and punishing me for straying from my destiny. We duelled, and she bought out all those dragons, she pretty much destroyed me. If it hadn’t been for some unseen force intervening and taking her away for her own interference in the course of fate...” Juruo shuddered at the thought of what might have been.

“Now with Eternia seemingly gone, the holy dragons have been released” Seishin said. “This is just logical guesswork, but I think with their world so close to the brink of the abyss, the spirit world must have sent out its most powerful monsters, the holy dragons, to try and save it from disaster. I guess you are not signers in the traditional sense, that the dragons are just loaning you their power against this new threat. To those who have stood up and fought against Demon, until Armageddon is averted, and we are all safe again.”

“Oh, so a team formed in desperation. How very considerate of them” Sabin muttered.

“Your marks show that you are united together, each of you sharing a deep bond with each other and your individual dragons who lend you their strength.” Juruo opened the extra deck slot on his duel shield, revealing the Stardust Dragon. Seishin nodded to the other two. Hikari sighed deeply, as she revealed the card that had appeared in her deck last night, along with her mark. The beautiful yet deadly pink and black bringer of chaos, Black Rose Dragon. Sabin showed his, nodding approvingly. The dark fire powerhouse, Red Dragon Archfiend.

“Right, we have three signers, and three dragons. What do we do now?” Hikari asked. “Do we try to go back to Demon’s castle and defeat him with them?” Juruo shook his head.

“I don’t think it would be that easy.”

“But you had Demon on the brink of defeat, had it not been for...”

“Hikari, it was a fluke our duel even got to that point. He was toying with me for the whole duel, waiting for that weird portal to open so he could throw his bomb through to the void. I don’t see how beating him now would shut that thing off”

“It ain’t just Demon either” Sabin cut in, a concerned look on his face. “You probably didn’t see, but before I jumped through the portal, there was someone standing on the ledge above Demon. I couldn’t see his face, just his eyes, but he just... I dunno.” Sabin shivered involuntarily. “Then there’s Raesir, and Gear, and that Urusula woman and... well, if we’re going back, I’d rather not be outnumbered.”

There were a few moments of awkward silence. “Seishin, you know anything about the void?”

The spirit nodded. “An empty space between realities, that is all there is that can be known. What the environment is like in there or how its own reality works is impossible to know without entering. I fear that is what it will come to; you will have to enter the void, find the bomb powered by the sacred beasts and Final Countdown, and deactivate it. Before then though, you should look for the other signers. There will be at least two more, bearing the marks of the left claw and tail of the Crimson Dragon.”

“Have we got time for that? The Empire is huge and heavily populated, it will be impossible to find two people in a week.”

In response to this question, Seishin closed his eyes, the third eye in the centre of his forehead opening in unison, staring into a place the group couldn’t see. The spirit remained in this meditation for several minutes, before he came back to this reality, opening his eyes.

“Two dragons search the skies for those who stand up and fight against the darkness, waiting to bestow their power upon those who show courage and heart. I also sense great upheaval coming in the capital, where the darkness continues to grow, along with hatred and fear. It is only my suggestion, but perhaps you should travel back there, to where this all began for you three. I think there you will find the other signers. You might not believe in fate, but I do believe in unseen forces that guide people together.”

Well, I guess it’s a better plan than we’ve got” Juruo shrugged, turning and walking back to the portal.

“However” the spirit raised a hand to stop him. “I’m not teleporting you there. You say you are concerned that, if faced by Demon again, you would certainly lose, that you are not strong enough. That is why I won’t. If you want to go, you will gain more from journeying across the Empire. You all still have much to learn about yourselves and this quest, many things to discover, and many battles to face, through which you will grow stronger.”

Juruo turned to Hikari and Sabin. “What do you think? You want to do this?”

Hikari nodded, faith set. “I won’t stop fighting for those in danger. I’ll be with you, all the way.”

Sabin looked down at his mark, then to the others. “No more running.”

After a basic breakfast, the trio thanked and took their leave of Seishin. The spirit wished them all safety and said he would pray for their success. Leaving the temple, they walked down the rocky path back to the beach. Climbing through the hidden gap, from somewhere below, Sabin called up to the struggling Juruo. “Erm, you feel confident you can still ride a runner?”

Juruo hadn’t really thought about this. “Just see how it goes I guess.”

Nodding, Sabin quickly dropped down onto the sand and walked across the cave to where the runners had been left, undiscovered in this desolate place. He wheeled his bulky black and red model out, and waved to Hikari, asking if she’d like to ride with him. Perplexed, but not wishing to refuse his offer, she walked over, looking curiously at him.

“Sure, I guess I could do. But what about... Juruo?”

The two turned to see Juruo stood frozen, staring open mouthed at the other runner in the cave. Of course, the black chopper that Barakus had borrowed was long gone, leaving only the small, slender craft of white and blue, built for speed and agility. The previous owner of which was no longer with the party, but her shadow was grabbing Juruo around the heart as he shook at the sight of the runner.

“Guys... I don’t know if I’m comfortable with this.”

Hikari rounded on Sabin, glowering, but he got his words out first, speaking in a hushed undertone. “Yeah I know, but better we do this now.” Furious that she was accepting he may be right; Hikari nodded and sat up behind him, grabbing him round the waist, allowing Sabin to address Juruo. “Look mate, I understand you’re upset. You’d be justified to be angry or depressed right now. But she has made her decision and it affects all of us. We need you to put it behind you, at least for now. I know it sounds heartless and all, but there is a bigger picture here than you and Erin.”

“But, how can I put her out of my mind when this thing is going to be a constant reminder of her?”

Sabin kicked the runner into action and spun it to face the crestfallen Juruo. “Look, we’re not getting all three of us on this thing. So you can either take the runner, or you can walk.” There was a long pause as Sabin stared at the duelist who was hanging his head, refusing to look at him. Scowling, he spun the runner and roared out of the cave, kicking sand everywhere, leaving Juruo to mull it over. Hikari continued to look back at him forlornly, until the cave entrance was out of sight.

The minutes dragged as Juruo stared past the runner, memories of the past few days clouding his sight with images of him and Erin; during their time in the Resistance before the mayhem at the palace. From during their journey across the Empire to Sennen’Yama, picturing the look on her face when he rescued Mel. Onto Citta del Cascata, where she had approached him, and they had spent the night together. And then the castle, as she held Hikari to the sword, threatening to kill her, and then holding him before Demon as he revelled in his victory, and she knocked him down, with words of love.

Glumly he looked at his shield arm, under the attachment of which the mark was poking out from beneath the metal.

“You think he’ll catch us up?” Hikari asked.

“The runners have all got GPS, and the one he’s staring at is a fair bit quicker than this is” Sabin automatically replied. “He’ll catch up with us, whenever he is ready.” For the next half an hour the two continued to relatively dawdle over the barren landscape in silence, thinking about the enormity of the task ahead.

There was a roar of an engine behind them, forcing them to look back. In the distance behind them, a runner came into view, coming towards them at high speed. Sitting on the runner, face grimly set and looking dead ahead, was Juruo. Sabin accelerated slightly, so that by the time Juruo had caught up, he was able to run alongside them without having to radically change speed. Sabin nodded to him, not getting a response, but he didn’t require one. In silence, the three sped off north to begin their new adventure, as high above them, the forth fireball began to appear.

PS: I'm calling them holy dragons and not sacred dragons to prevent confusion with Sacred Beasts.

PPS: did I forget to mention five chapters of consectutive duels coming up next? :)

Yey, consectutive dueling ftw!

Ahem, well I do have a feeling who will be the other 2 signers. I'm not saying anyhting on who they might be. But I'll say if my suspicioun was right when they are revealed.

Cheat. :P

Lexadin: "Yes, I knew Osborn wasn't really dead and would come back as a signer, and the appearance of this angel Markus using Vairon was so predictable"

Note: There will be no Markus. There will be no Vairon.

Lexadin: "Yes, I knew Osborn wasn't really dead and would come back as a signer, and the appearance of this angel Markus using Vairon was so predictable"

Does that mean that there will be Osborn?

Does that mean that there will be Osborn?

:lol:

No, Osborn is dead. He is definately, definately dead.

Just saying this, 'I'll tell you what I suspected all along when you reveal it' is fail.

Hmm... last days off, interrupted a lot by rugby, social time and fire training.

Might get 42 done today, most of it. Which would leave me with the last duel to do.

Which I fear will be severely awkward to get how I want. Hmm... we'll see.

Cheat. :P

<_< I won't be cheating, I'll really say if it confirmed my predicitions or not.

Lol, but an Angel using Fairy/LIGHT monsters would be quite predictable.

Archived