Since apparently people are making Savior things

Sigil of Majesty
Normal Spell
You can only activate this card while you control a Synchro monster. Add 1 "Majestic Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Messiah Complex
Normal Spell
"Majestic Dragon" can be used as Synchro Material for any Synchro Monster this turn.

Salvation Anchor
Equip Spell
You can only equip this card to a "Majestic" Synchro Monster. The controller of this card can choose whether to activate its effect to return it to the Extra Deck during the End Phase. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, the equipped monster cannot return to the Deck until the 2nd End Phase after this card was destroyed.

Blessed Are The Meek
Normal Spell
Activate by revealing a Level 1 monster in your hand. Add 1 "Majestic Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand.
More as I think of them.

Song of the New Dawn
Normal Trap
You can only activate this card when you Synchro Summon a monster. Special Summon 1 "Majestic Dragon" from your Deck. This card's activation and effect cannot be chained to.

Saving Grace
Normal Trap
You can only activate this card when a "Majestic" monster is attacked. Destroy all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls.

Heathen Elimination
Normal Trap
Activate if your opponent Summons a monster while you control a "Majestic" monster. Destroy that monster and remove it from play.

Path of the Exalted
Continuous Trap
When a "Majestic" Synchro Monster returns to the Extra Deck, add 1 "Majestic Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand.

Majestic Link
Normal Trap
When a "Majestic Dragon" is Summoned, Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your Deck.

Savior Bomb
Normal Trap
You can only activate this card by selecting a "Majestic Dragon" you control. Destroy the selected monster and up to two cards your opponent controls. For each card destroyed, your opponent takes 300 damage.

Monster support will be limited, but along shortly.
I'd like to gather interesting (read: actually good) cards to add to a sort of Savior compilation I started some time ago (the old, outdated version that I posted back then is [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/232408-savior-archetype-remake/page__p__4852278__fromsearch__1#entry4852278"]here[/url]). Mind if I borrow some of these ideas? Due credit will be given, of course.

Anyway, my criticism:

> Sigil of Majesty: Simple and direct, I like it.

> Messiah Complex: Do not get it. What's the point of negating the summon conditions of a monster that is already summoned? (protip: it doesn't work for other monsters with the same name as it is worded)

> Salvation Anchor: Does a decent job, though personally I'd rather run something else over it, since it's completely dead-drawy unless you can get the resources necessary, and doesn't help beyond negating the Savior's own return effect. If you check my thread, you'll see Savior Sky, which is this except more playable.

> Blessed Are The Meek: Pointless with Sigil. And quite weak.

> Song of the New Dawn: Not bad, but I'd run other searchers over this. Too slow and not worth the space.

> Saving Grace: Eh. Saviors are beatsticks. Not likely this card is going to be worth using.

> Heathen Elimination: I like. Though the name is eh-ish.

> Path of the Exalted: Good, can serve as continuous fuel for Savior Synchros.

> Majestic Link: The reverse of Song. Again, not worth it.

> Savior Bomb: I actually think this is easily worth running, with all the recovery that goes around for Savior. One of the good options.

Of these I'd definitely take a version of Sigil (perhaps a little changed, as it's quite the powerful searcher atm), Anchor (with some additional effect), Heathen Elimination, Path of the Exalted, and Bomb.
It was difficult to word Complex. Essentially, it's supposed to remove the restriction that MD can only be used for Majestic synchros.

Admittedly these are more outdated than yours (think july of 09), and I'd made modifications to some cards and not others.

When you make the new thread, be sure to link me to it. Otherwise, feel free to copy.
[quote name='A Veritable Truth' timestamp='1299781250' post='5064699']
Essentially, it's supposed to remove the restriction that MD can only be used for Majestic synchros.[/quote]

So you tried, yeah, but you failed to realize that Majestic Dragon is like Quickdraw Synchron; it can only be used for Synchro Monsters that have "Synchron" tuners as material. And that part cannot be negated, since it's not an effect. So the same ruling would apply to Majestic Dragon.
[quote name='Zandaa Roaisu' timestamp='1299786170' post='5064856']
So you tried, yeah, but you failed to realize that Majestic Dragon is like Quickdraw Synchron; it can only be used for Synchro Monsters that have "Synchron" tuners as material. And that part cannot be negated, since it's not an effect. So the same ruling would apply to Majestic Dragon.
[/quote]

...ok, I realized that. Hence why I used a different wording than I did. And ANYTHING can happen in yugimonz. I'll just explicitly word it.

[quote name='~ Epic Hero - Saber ~' timestamp='1299786641' post='5064879']
Not to mention that, why would you want to remove that effect, if the purpose of your set is to support the Savior Dragons? =S
[/quote]
Because it gives the thing much more versatility. One of the main reasons that the Savior Dragons (including the little one) are played less is because they have almost no versatility. You could go for the primary dragons, revive this and then go for the savior dragons.
Trust me, the [i]least [/i]of the reasons why Saviors are unplayable atm is the fact that Savior Dragon can't be used to Synchro other stuff. It's the other way around - it's because the Saviors have so hard summoning conditions, requiring a quite slow setup, that's the problem. And even if you did get around to making it a big deal, wasting a whole Spell card just for this is... bad. It needs to be re-thought.

Archived