300,000 members?

Nishi-chan

The amount of people who join YCM but never post is high, and back on MyBB, you could check the percentage. I recall that it hit somewhere around 80%, meaning only 20% of this almost-300000 actually posts, and thus can be active. You can't be active if you don't post, regardless of how many cards you make. Activity is determined really by post count, average posts per day, and your last login.

Of the 20% of the members that do post, I'd like to say at least 75% of them have already left, considering a ton are, as someone mentioned, RC lurkers that leave after a few cards, and a lot of people just get tired easily.

That means, at most (using my probably faulty statistics), only 5% of the 300000, or around 15000 members are active on YCM.

My original estimate was around 5000 or 6000, but I guess there are more people active. :/

[quote name='Jacoby746' timestamp='1300236619' post='5076045']
When you say "active", does that include the idiots that post basically the same thing in rc [color=white]coughchoughragnarokcoughcough[/color]
or spam general with stupid topics? If so, I say 5,000. If not, 500 max.
[/quote]
That is way too low of an estimate for 300,000 members...

[quote name='Halubaris Maphotika' timestamp='1300237082' post='5076068']
That is way too low of an estimate for 300,000 members...
[/quote]

Yeah, I keep forgetting that YCM has other sections besides General. But I really don't see that many people posting in my little bubble, So I guessed.

My guess is less then 1000.

[quote name='.:Raging Man:.' timestamp='1300234612' post='5075971']
Yeah,YCMaker really just comes here to change something.
He's not like other mods and super mods that live on YCM,he just works on it.
[/quote]
I take offense to that. I don't live on YCM. I live on the internet. I do agree with YCMaker just working here.

Archived