Herald Of Perfect Light

·Toot

Well my opinion is that it is way too Broken but I guess that is what you are getting at. Here are some suggestions. Make the effect so that it can only negate effects and destroy them once per turn. Other than that, it is quite a PERFECT card LOL! but yes I rate this a [b]9/10[/b] for its creativity and its effect. Fairy's are AWESOME!.

IMO this card is overpowered a bit but could be balanced out with the Summoning condition.

Either way; I don't think effects are allowed to skip Phases any more? But that's just a maybe guess.

But this doesn't deserve a 0 even if it is broken for it's a nice idea along with good concept and cool picture.

I give it an 8' due to the fact that it's broken and a bit op'd but you tried and did an overall pretty good job.

hey not true the card maybe OP'ed but if he made changes it actually could be a decent balanced card. Yes the effect to destroy 2 cards is broken almost like Icarus attack, it has the piercing damage and yes its effect to negate and destroy cards isn't once per turn but don't just hate a card. Learn to adapt and give the person a few pointers or changes into making it better and more balanced. All cards deserve to be recognized, even "Thousand Eyes Idol" was crap but still it was created. It's basically asking this, why was Exodia created? so that people can manipulate it to make several decks that can get it in your hand in 1 turn.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. You can tribute 1 face-up "Herald of Perfection" to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. This card inflicts piercing damage. When your opponent activates a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect, discard 1 card to negate the activation and destroy that card. During your Draw Phase, draw 1 card for each time this effect was activated since your last Draw Phase. If you have no cards in your hand, destroy this card and Special Summon 1 "Herald of Perfection" from your Graveyard.

There. I made it more interesting and less overpowered.

• 2 years later...

Sory, but you can't improve Herald of Perfection into some sort of alternative form because Herald of perfection IS the balanced form.

The last changes didn't modified anything, It's still OP.

"When your opponent activates a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect, discard 1 card to negate the activation and destroy that card. During your Draw Phase, draw 1 card for each time this effect was activated since your last Draw Phase."

Read between lines: "You can negate any type of card for free.. like.. 3 or 4 times max"
Here's the OP factor. The balance of HoPe is that it negates at a cost: your hand size.
If you use the effect but then be rewarded by drawing more cards, there's no cost, specially considering that HoPL can negate by sendiding ANY type of card to the graveyard. 

The negate needs to happen once per turn or have a cost. Otherwise, this card is to insanely OP. Also, the destruction effect seems off. Why would Valhalla get support? Go with the typical "Sanctuary in the Sky" approach. That's like instead of releasing Zombie Land support I release Call of the Mummy Support. It's wierd and not needed.

Also, your definitions of less OP are still OP. Just add a cost/make once per turn the negation, and make the destruction require Sanctuary. Then, you have a more balanced, flavorful card.

In my opinion it is overpowered because it has a lot of great effects but only 1 real drawback, which is the summoning condition. With good ritual support cards it is easy to get out herald of perfection, i think you should remove some of the effects or add more drawbacks

Archived