Summer Anime Marathon

Kuri

Over the summer I plan on watching FINISHED animes consisting of 50-ish or less episodes. I'm only going to choose maybe 10. The reason why: If I can finish 100 episodes of Reborn! in 10 days then 90-ish days should be able to finish 900 episodes (that is if my school doesn't start school late August >.<"). So please help me out. The top 20 or so (suggested via votes) will be put up on a poll in May and I'll decide from there.

Though I'll have several major distractions that should cut the amount down to 650-ish which will still be enough to finish a lot and yes I will be watching everyday for maybe 8 hours with the common food and bathroom and loading gizz. Make sure the anime has been subbed.

If you watch one of the listed animes make sure to add a +1 to their vote so that they may appear in the upcoming poll.

ei. I vote for {Insert anime from list here} because {insert reason} also here are my lists of animes.

Each anime will start with 0 votes therefore you must use the above or some variant.

Yes after this [b]I WILL BE OTAKU[/b].

[center][b][size="5"]LIST OF ANIMES[/size][/b]

Lucky Star

Death Note

CLANNAD

Sengoku Basara

Bakemonogatare

Negima!?

Nagaserete Airantou

Ryūsei no Rockman

Great Teacher Onizuka

Lovely Ninja Jubei Chan

Cardcaptor Sakura

Princess Tutu

Toaru Majutsu no Index

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Spice and Wolf

Freezing

Yumekui Merry

[/center]

***Adding exceptions for seasons but please tell me if the next season is worth the time. Still need to be in the 50 range.

Ryūsei no Rockman (this one actually has 55 episodes for season 1 and 21 for season 2, but the episodes are ~10 minutes each.)

Negima!? (Do not confuse with other anime with the only name difference being punctuation, 26 episodes)

Nagaserete Airantou (26 episodes)

Those may be worth a watch, off the top of my head.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1300424094' post='5080408']
Ryūsei no Rockman (this one actually has 55 episodes for season 1 and 21 for season 2, but the episodes are ~10 minutes each.)

Negima!? (Do not confuse with other anime with the only name difference being punctuation, 26 episodes)

Nagaserete Airantou (26 episodes)

Those may be worth a watch, off the top of my head.
[/quote]

Is the first anime worth watching the 2nd season? If so I may add that as a very small exception.

[quote name='Kuri' timestamp='1300424258' post='5080410']
Is the first anime worth watching the 2nd season? If so I may add that as a very small exception.
[/quote]

IMO, the second season felt a little rushed.

Also, the amount of time you'd spend watching the entirety of seasons 1 and 2 of that anime would be the same amount of time as watching 38 episodes of a normal anime.

Lovely Ninja Jubei Chan is worth it if you want to see the troll ending theme every episode of the first season. Second season isn't worth the effort.

Cardcaptor Sakura is 70 episodes and 2 movies, but it's also split into 2 seasons if that works.

Then there's Princess Tutu, which is 26 episodes.

Toaru Majutsu no Index is 48 Episodes.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun is 27 epidodes and is an offshoot of Index

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1300459656' post='5080682']
Ehh dude even if you watch those animes your still not otaku a otaku fan must know many diffrent animes and manga min of 100 so if you don't wacht at least or read more than 100 anime/manga YOU ARE NOT OTAKU XD.
[/quote]
100 anime/manga?? Does it count if I watched basically every Pokemon episode up to present time?

ok lets get something straight the term "Anime" doesn't have a plural.
[quote name='Kuri' timestamp='1300423638' post='5080400']
[center][b][size="5"]LIST OF ANIMES[/size][/b]

Lucky Star - [b]unless you like "moe moe kyun kyun" stuff like that watch it, otherwise its a waste of a huge amount of time[/b]
Death Note - [b]epic stuff [/b]
CLANNAD - [b]great drama, has its fair share of comedy the first part but then it gets more and more dramatic,[/b]
Sengoku Basara - [b]well i can't say much about this one( i have it in my waiting list among other 60 titles -_- (bloody anime wasting my time)) its ok if you like military stuff and fantasy action[/b]
Bakemonogatare - [b]good if you like to watch 97% of an episode in stand still images[/b]
Negima!? - [b]it was a huge waste of time for me, not as good as the manga (tho i put the manga on hold at the 100th chapter)[/b]
Nagaserete Airantou - [b]not as ecchi as the manga but a good laugh non the less [/b]
Ryūsei no Rockman - [b]2nd season was rushed (more like because almost no one watched it in japan) so it got canceled. The art is good , and sound is just as good, my only complain is that it needed more romance[/b]
Cardcaptor Sakura - [b]great classical =D[/b]
Princess Tutu -[b] i heard it was good ( got it in the waiting list :3)[/b]
Toaru Majutsu no Index - [b]2nd season art sucks and that's , the story is almost the same as the 1st season of it tho kinda freaky most of the time O_o. Just as a warning the male protagonist likes to punch girls in the face......ALOT[/b]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - [b]Biri biri and Kuroko nothing else is needed to be said xD[/b]
Yumekui Merry - [b]John doe is the only reason you should watch this[/b]
[/center]

***Adding exceptions for seasons but please tell me if the next season is worth the time. Still need to be in the 50 range.
[/quote]

[quote name='Kuri' timestamp='1300463155' post='5080758']
100 anime/manga?? Does it count if I watched basically every Pokemon episode up to present time?
[/quote]

Nope sorry man, pokémon is considered one anime only one the sub tiltles of pokémon are only seasons try watching many anime with different names follow the advice of anybody.

[quote name='ADHD-Guitar' timestamp='1300512462' post='5082399']
Soul Eater. It's awesome, trust me. ;)
[/quote]
I'm up to episode 33 in that I agree though I have to have this null and void as I've already watched most of it. I plan on finishing the show over my spring break though.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1300459656' post='5080682']
Ehh dude even if you watch those animes your still not otaku a otaku fan must know many diffrent animes and manga min of 100 so if you don't wacht at least or read more than 100 anime/manga YOU ARE NOT OTAKU XD.
[/quote]

Watching over 100 animes don't make you an Otaku; Otaku's not really a title lol. If you genuinely enjoy anime ALOT than you're an otaku, there's no quota you have to reach. Just the fact that you want to spend all day watching anime over your summer is Otaku-dem enough.

[quote name='ADHD-Guitar' timestamp='1300567001' post='5083455']
"Baccano!" is really good and it's only 13 episodes. There are also 3 OVA's that you might want to watch.

You can watch the first two episodes on Youtube. I highly reccomend the dubs over the subs.

http://www.youtube.com/show/baccano
[/quote]

^
I agree with this; [b]Baccano!(13) and Durarara!!(26)[/b] are two really great series. They both have dubs(but Durarara!!) Is incomplete so I recommend the subs + I think they kind of drop the ball with a few chars on Durarara!!.

However the dub of Baccano is fantastic and one of the better dubs and you owe it to yourself to see one of the first amazing dubs of anime to the point that the Japanese producers of the anime says it's better. (Another example is [b]Cowboy beebop[/b] if you haven't seen it.)

[b]Angel Beats(13)[/b] is also good if you haven't watched it. I say you can even call it an omni-genre anime :P.

[b]Karas(Movie)[/b] - Imagine this was the super sentai rangers or power rangers and suddenly the red ranger betrayed his teammates and ruled with tyranny and someone summoned a new red ranger to take out the corrupted red ranger. Yeah It's like that and it's awesome.

[b]Kara no Kyoukai(7 movies) [run time total is about 15 hours so 30 episodes you can kind of say][/b] - If you don't mind darker and more gorey animes than I HIGHLY recommend this. On that note since we're speaking of Type-Moon

[b][color="#FF0000"]Tsukihime - DON'T EVER WATCH THIS! THIS IS A HORRIBLE ADAPTION OF A GREAT VISUAL NOVEL! EVEN BY ITSELF IT'S HORRIBLE IN EVERYTHING(ANIMATION, VOCALS, ACTION, STORY MAKES NO SENSE EVEN IF YOU READ THE VISUAL NOVEL, AND IT'S ANTICLIMACTIC). I DO HOWEVER RECOMMEND DOWNLOADING THE SOUNDTRACK! THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS.

Fate/Stay Night - This is not that bad, I wouldn't watch it if you read the visual novel; but as an anime it's not bad. It's not great but you can watch it and generally enjoy yourself 5/10. I still say read the novel <hurr hur. Pushing novel onto people>

Fate/Unlimited Bladeworks(movie) - This is only enjoyable on two circumstances. A.) You've read the novel[pattern] B.) You want to see some awesome action scenes and fighting and don't care for the story.

This is more of a fan wank than anything. It has awesome animation, awesome voicework, and awesome fight scenes. However they don't show the entire scenerio (I know only 2h 30m not enough time.) however it seems it's more of the producers doing a "I'm gonna choose all my favorite scenes and animate it." So if you try to follow the story you'll be confused since it goes everywhere and nothing is explained really.

Fate/Zero - Hasn't come out yet but created by ufotable so :3 :3 :3.[/color][/b]

EDIT: Math boredom

Assumed
90 Days of watch time
8 hours of watch time everyday. (Bathroom, food etc.. Is assumed to be rolled on the other 16 hours of the day.)
Estimated run time roughly 23 minutes (no commercials)
Estimated run time of series 26 episodes

90x8 = 720 hours watched of anime
720 x 60 =43,200 minutes watched of anime
43,200 / 23 = 1878 episodes of animes watched
1878 / 26 = 72 animes watched assuming all animes were 26 episodes and 23 minutes long and assumed you actually watched 8 hours a day without fail.

[quote name='Scanty&Kneesocks' timestamp='1300718645' post='5087289'][b]Karas(Movie)[/b] - Imagine this was the super sentai rangers or power rangers and suddenly the red ranger betrayed his teammates and ruled with tyranny and someone summoned a new red ranger to take out the corrupted red ranger. Yeah It's like that and it's awesome.[/quote]

I seconded this recommendation. Karas is awesome. The dude gets a COUNTDOWN ENTRANCE before he gets to the ass kicking.

[color=blue]Anime[/color]
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (26-28 episodes, complete). Its a [b]must watch[/b] anime and my personal favorite. The name means "Heaven-Piercing Gurren Lagann"
-Hellsing Ovas (8 1-hour episodes, ongoing). Its a very famous one.
-Soul Eater (check mark, someone already mentioned it above)
-Shaman King (60-ish, complete) I like it, it brings memories of my childhood xD, not many people talk about it but I like it. Try not to watch the english version if you do.
-Azumanga Daioh (26, complete) kinda of "slice of life" type of manga, but awesome. I enjoyed it.
-Midori no Hibi [color=red]Also Known As[/color] Midory Days (around 10 episodes, complete) I almost cried with this one at times ;_;
-School Rumble (ichigakki, nigakki, are 2 seasons of 26 episodes each. + sangakki with about 2 episodes, all complete) I'd say watch season 1 and first half of season 2. If you like, keep watching xD

[color=blue]Manga[/color]
If you read manga, I recomend the manga versions of some of the animes I mentioned. If not, I also have:
-[URL=http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ensemble_yubi/] Ensemble Yubi[/URL]<link (94 short-ish chapters, complete) Resently became part of my hall of favorites.

[color=blue]Movies[/color]
-Look for pretty much any movie made by Hayao Miyazaki. From the top of my head:
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Kiki's Delivery Service
Ponyo
Howl's Moving Castle

Archived