Daily Puzzles

Canadian

Lately I have become addicted to Sudoku puzzles and general ones found in the newspaper (quote in a box, wordsearch, octagon, crosswords, ect..).

They are a lot of fun and have been proven to help keep your brain trained and thinking so that you can live longer. (cite: John Tesh Radio Show)

Do you do any puzzles? What ones do you like? What do you like about them?

I used to do Skeleton crosswords, where you're given a blank grid and have to fill out the shaded empty squares as well as the actual answers.

Those clueless crosswords where you have a number representing each letter and work it out like that are pretty challenging too.

I only get newspapers for the puzzles and sports. Sad really, I should actually try to read the whole thing.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1300630605' post='5084952']
If i'm on the Train I whip out a Wordsreach Book. Can actually be a great alternative to Video Games at times :P
[/quote]

Unless the puzzles are the video games.

Professor Layton is fun. =D

Not sure if you consider this a puzzle, but ever since I've found my old Rubik's Cube, I've been trying to get my time down to what it used to me. I'm averaging eighty seconds or so at the moment, but I know I've done faster before. It's a repetitive puzzle, sure, but so addicting.

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1300636631' post='5085121']
I only get newspapers for the puzzles and sports.
[/quote]

Same here.

I normally solve the Sudoku and then other bits and pieces I can be bothered to apply myself too. By that I mean the easy puzzles.

Sometimes try the Cryptic crossword before my parents get to it.

Archived