Battle Fader

[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100701034952/yugioh/images/1/1c/BattleFaderABPF-EN-UR-1E.png[/img]

[quote name='Battle Fader']When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack, you can Special Summon this card from your hand and end the Battle Phase. If this card is Special Summoned with this effect, remove it from play when it is removed from the field.[/quote][/center]

It was used a lot when it first came out, but you don't see it at all anymore (unless Monarchs run it, do they?).

Discuss.

Chain Burn made me LOVE this card. It was one of the most amazing life-saving cards in WC10 Wifi duels, especially if I made a risk like using Reckless Greed before they entered the Battle Phase that would kill me, and I draw this and a Burn card that would win me the game (this happened a lot). It also was a saving grace against things like JD (I once decked out a Lightsworn deck because he brought out JD and swarmed with other LS in the hopes of OTKing me, but then I used this, dropping his deck like 10 cards, and then next turn I drew another)

The most annoying thing in WC10 was the prompt, because when an opponent attacked, I expected "activate a card" not "activate Battle Fader?", so it also led to a lot of misplays like wasting Fader and having to wait for a new opportunity for D-Wall.

Great card in decks that don't run monsters or want to stall for entire turns (Final Countdown)

Archived