Disappointments

Dismal Euphony

The other day I was at the mall with some friends and we were CD shopping. I had no intentions of buying anything because the store's metal selection was lacking, to say the least; however, Children of Bodom's new CD "Relentless Reckless Forever" caught my eye. With it only being $9.99, how could I resist? I've purchased every single Bodom album to date and even though their last two full-lengths had me facepalming and regretting spending the money, I decided to buy this album anyway because I've supported this band for the past 10 years and I have no intention to stop. I got home, took the CD out, ripped it onto my PC and began to listen to it. I was semi-pleased with the first few seconds of it. It started out with a decent riff. It's not really a Bodom-esque riff, but decent nonetheless. As the songs progressed, I went from semi-pleased to not pleased to downright disappointed. There had been much talk of Bodom writing an album to appeal to their older fans who have been in desperate need for another "Hatecrew Deathroll" or "Follow The Reaper" for the past 5 or 6 years now. Let me just be the first to say, this album isn't it. Out of all the bands that I've stood by since my love for metal first started, these guys are the biggest disappointment to me and this album may be the biggest disappointment yet (only rivaled by "Are You Dead Yet?").

Discuss moments like this where you've been left disappointed by a band or an album.

I wasn't happy with Fall Out Boy's "Folie a Deux". It was alright, but defiantly wasn't as good as Take This to Your Grave or From Under the Cork Tree, which was possibly my favorite albums by them. (Yes, I like Fall Out Boy.)

I also wasn't happy with Metallica's "St. Anger". I'm not quite sure why, but I was just disappointed by it. My least favorite Metallica album by far.

That's all I can think og right now.

[quote name='Deathcore' timestamp='1300733337' post='5087707']
I wasn't happy with Fall Out Boy's "Folie a Deux". It was alright, but defiantly wasn't as good as Take This to Your Grave or From Under the Cork Tree, which was possibly my favorite albums by them. (Yes, I like Fall Out Boy.)

I also wasn't happy with Metallica's "St. Anger". I'm not quite sure why, but I was just disappointed by it. My least favorite Metallica album by far.

That's all I can think og right now.
[/quote]
I agree with you on both of those. And, yes, I do like Fall Out Boy as well. Take This To Your Grave was a hard album to follow up. It was actually quite great.

I think anyone with a brain stem was disappointed by St. Anger. I wasn't TOO disappointed by it, mainly because I didn't expect much from it in the first place.

It happens and is really so annoying when it happens, I don't tend to buy many CDs nowadays. Infact the last time I was disappointed was at a Pop CD for the singer JoJo (her self titled album), it lacked what I thought she'd started with the first single of the album (Leave) Get Out.

Archived