Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100710115633/yugioh/images/thumb/c/c5/Scrap-IronScarecrow-DPCT-EN-UR-LE.jpg/300px-Scrap-IronScarecrow-DPCT-EN-UR-LE.jpg[/img]
"Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack, and Set this card face-down again instead of sending it to the Graveyard."[/center]

This card has been seeing a lot of attention lately in Japan. Not being used in 1's, but 2's, and in the main deck. It's not an amazing card, but it can indeed save you when used at the right times.

One my friends teched this in a number of his decks, notably a Scrap deck and a deck or two focused on Synchroing. With Stardust out, this becomes unbelievably annoying, and even worse when there's two of them in the backrow. Think he also ran it in a Naturia Bambooshoot deck.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1300820621' post='5089717']
One my friends teched this in a number of his decks, notably a Scrap deck and a deck or two focused on Synchroing. With Stardust out, this becomes unbelievably annoying, and even worse when there's two of them in the backrow. Think he also ran it in a Naturia Bambooshoot deck.
[/quote]
That's one of the decks I saw it in -- a "Bamboo Hero" deck. Another was Worms, and there was 1 or 2 others that I don't remember the theme of.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1300823490' post='5089844']
People don't have the divine ability to have MST/Brionac/Trunade every time you play a card.

As such, this thing can be quite an annoyance, depending on what the field looks like.
[/quote]

In addition, sometimes, especially early game, it's nothing more than a minor nuisance, while those unknown facedown cards could be far more dangerous. It's not really a target until it starts to annoy the opponent.

Archived