Switch Summoning

With Exceed monsters coming out, i thought about making a new set of monsters called "Switch Monsters".

[b]Switch Monsters:[/b]
- Type/Switch (ie. Dragon/Switch)
- They have an Orange frame like effect monsters and Spirit monsters and reside in the main deck.
- They have a level so cards like Gravity Bind [b]will[/b] work on them.

[b]How Switch Summoning Works:[/b]
- You return 1 Monster you control to your deck, to Switch Summon the Switch Monster from you hand. This is classed as a Special Summon.
- Some Switch Monsters require a certain level of monster, whilst others may require 2 monsters.
- When a Switch Monster is Switch Summoned, they get their effects. The Switch Monsters however [b]can[/b] also be Normal Summoned, but they [b]Won't[/b] get their effects if summoned this way.
- If a Switch Monster is destroyed (by battle or card effect) then you can add a level 4 or lower monster from your deck to your hand
- If you use a Switch monster for a Switch Summon (i.e return the Switch Monster to your deck to Switch Summon a new Switch monster) when the new Switch monster is destroyed (by battle or card effect then you can Special summon a level 4 or lower monster from your deck. A Switch Monster summoned this way [b]does[/b] get their effects.

I will do support for these cards, but for now here are a few

Switch Idol
EARTH/*1/Rock/Effect
If this card is Used for a Switch Summon, Draw 1 card.
500/500

Voltic Maiden
LIGHT/*4/Thunder/Switch
This card can be Switch Summoned by returning 1 monster you control to your Deck. All LIGHT monsters you control are unaffected by the effect(s) of Trap Cards.
1800/900

Bellflame Appentice
FIRE/*3/Pyro/Switch
This card can be Switch Summoned by returning 1 monster you control to your Deck. When this card is Switch Summoned you can send 1 "FIRE" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, to inflict 600 Damage to your Opponent.
1500/1100

Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Mech
EARTH/*4/Machine/Switch
This card can be Switch Summoned by returning 1 monster you control to your Deck. When this card is Destroyed, you can add 1 "Gadget" monster from your deck to your hand
1300/1600

Gargantua Golem
EARTH/*2/Rock/Switch
This card can be Switch Summoned by returning 1 monster you control to your Deck. Any monster that Battles with this card is returned to their owners Hand at the end of the Damage Step.
1000/1800

Switch Draw
Spell
Discard 1 Switch Monster to draw 2 cards.

more to come too as well as more support
This feels a lot like my Reverse Summon Mechanic. Very nice! But if you want to work on some new stuff with me, I have a few ideas.

Like this one:

Spring Synchron
WATER/*3/Machine/Switch
This card can only be Switch Summoned by returning 1 Tuner monster you control to your Deck. When this card is Switch Summoned, it is treated as a Tuner monster, and you can increase or decrease this card's Level by 1.
this pretty good, i felt the last part of special summoning a level 4 or less monster to the field, as level 4 is number that prefixed, i was thinking something along the line like special summon a monster whose level is equal or less of the destroyed switch monster. as far i know that condition like tuner, synchro and exceed doesn't consist of set number of their own, as they follow by the set numbers of monster's rules and limit. for level 4 or less monsters is more like you allow a special summon of a monster that can be normal summoned within level restriction of normal summon's rule than to apply set amount of level. it just that synchro, tuner and others are just sub-rules along to the main rules of monster.
@wii: that's a good idea you have there, i like that monster

@Y&A: the thing is, the summoning of a monster with a level lower than the switch monster is good to some extent, but since i have a level 2 and level 3 switch monsters, it'd be a bit restrictive, so what i [b]might[/b] do is change it to [b]SS any Switch Monster[/b], instead of SS any level 4 or lower monster. Also most searchers have the ability of only SS or Adding a level 4 or lower monster, and if i had a for example a level 8 Switch Monster that was summoned by returning a Switch Monster and it was destroyed then SS a level 8 or lower monster would be a broken effect.

here's a new support card guys

Switch Merchant
DARK/*4/Spellcater/Effect
You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 Switch Monster from your Deck to your Hand.
1500/1000

[quote name='super-star-silver' timestamp='1301142672' post='5097488']
@wii: that's a good idea you have there, i like that monster

@Y&A: the thing is, the summoning of a monster with a level lower than the switch monster is good to some extent, but since i have a level 2 and level 3 switch monsters, it'd be a bit restrictive, so what i [b]might[/b] do is change it to [b]SS any Switch Monster[/b], instead of SS any level 4 or lower monster. Also most searchers have the ability of only SS or Adding a level 4 or lower monster, and if i had a for example a level 8 Switch Monster that was summoned by returning a Switch Monster and it was destroyed then SS a level 8 or lower monster would be a broken effect.

here's a new support card guys

Switch Merchant
DARK/*4/Spellcater/Effect
You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 Switch Monster from your Deck to your Hand.
1500/1000
[/quote]

yes i agree with that actually so what you can do instead for using switch monster for switch summon purpose, after it was destroy, special summon a monster equal or less of the destroy monster's level from the deck but treat the special summon with the normal summon clause. so level 4 and lower will be freebie but level 5 and higher have to follow the normal summon procedure. since they're from your deck which is a little broken itself because you can choose any monster at all so you should restrict it with the normal summon clause. :) what do you think?

[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1301181407' post='5098815']
Y&A: That is actually a very good idea.
[/quote]

aw you making me blushed man xD.

i was thinking it would be a nice reversal for a change in normally Normal summon been separated from special summon clause for long time so a nice change for it a special summon treated along with normal summon clause.

[quote name='Yusei & Akiza' timestamp='1301176710' post='5098621']
yes i agree with that actually so what you can do instead for using switch monster for switch summon purpose, after it was destroy, special summon a monster equal or less of the destroy monster's level from the deck but treat the special summon with the normal summon clause. so level 4 and lower will be freebie but [b]level 5 and higher have to follow the normal summon procedure.[/b] since they're from your deck which is a little broken itself because you can choose any monster at all so you should restrict it with the normal summon clause. :) what do you think?
[/quote]
@bolded: no just no, if i have a level 8 switch monster destroyed, and i want to summon a level 6 for example, i do NOT want to tribute a monster to summon it, and i don't want to treat the SS as a NS either

@Horu: i don't want want to restrict the number of Switch Monsters i control or how many i can have destroyed in a turn, it was a good idea thugh

• 3 weeks later...
brainstorm? i think not

i have a level specific Switch monster ready

Hope Knight
LIGHT/*4/Warrior/Switch
This card can be Switch Summoned by returning 1 level 4 monster you control to your Deck. Once per turn, if this card would be attacked you can discard a LIGHT monster to negate the Attack
2000/1100

also i have more rulings to Switch monsters
- If a Switch monster is used as a fusion material, or synchro material, when the fusion or synchro monster is sent to the graveyard you can Special Summon a Switch monster from your deck that is the same level of the monster you used as a material, in this case the monster [b]will[/b] get their effect

Archived