Magic Cylinder: Discussion

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

I'll only say this once more: Barring certain cases, Life Points DO NOT MATTER until you hit 0. Advantage is EVERYTHING. MC is a -1, therefor it is inferior to a card that would just outright destroy the attacking monster.

My input

Magic Cylinder has always been one of my fav cards, personally, im unsure on wether it should be limited or not.

Yes it may inflict damage, but there are times when you opponent may attack with something lame and weak and it doesnt come into use.

I Would still have one in my Deck mind, but personally i like negate attack better, its more of a Life saver.

I'll only say this once more: Barring certain cases' date=' Life Points DO NOT MATTER until you hit 0. Advantage is EVERYTHING. MC is a -1, therefor it is inferior to a card that would just outright destroy the attacking monster.

[/quote']

i agree, but cylinder can make them zero if you dont have much LP. i'm not arguing. i'm saying it can.

I'll only say this once more: Barring certain cases' date=' Life Points DO NOT MATTER until you hit 0. Advantage is EVERYTHING. MC is a -1, therefor it is inferior to a card that would just outright destroy the attacking monster.

[/quote']

i agree, but cylinder can make them zero if you dont have much LP. i'm not arguing. i'm saying it can.

just like RoD... but cylinder doesn't allow draw games...

i'd allow cylinder unlimited, but it also means that MST will be semilimited... as a matter of balancing...

[/quote']

i'd allow cylinder unlimited, but it also means that MST will be semilimited... as a matter of balancing...

MST at 3 would be best.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

Now, think: What does RoD do that MC doesn't?

Guest Chaos Pudding

it destroys the monster' date=' and inflicts to yourself, creates Draws.

[/quote']

Well, both are true, but which part makes RoD much better than MC?

Guest Chaos Pudding

RoD is a chainable 1 for 1 card in its purest form; much like the MST of monsters. The extra burn just puts it over the top. Every deck can benefit from this.

This was what I was looking for.

Guest Chaos Pudding

ah i see. that does make it a lot better. i can really understand why they banned it now. a smart decision.

Yeah, the last list was BAD. They decided to bring back RoD. Not a pretty sight.

what i don't get is why they change mirage cylinder effect,and If i here "because it's broke" your argument clearly is falling to pieces.

Because mirage cylinder is basically a magic cylinder with a e-hero format to it,just as fifth hope is a pot of avarince with a e-hero style to it so why the change,some one tell me ?

this is the link to mirage cylinder

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mirage_Tube

this was it's anime effect

This card can only be activated when a monster with "E-hero" in it's name on your side of the field is targeted as an attack target.Negate an opponent's monster's attack and inflict damage to the opponent equal to the attack power of the monster that was targeted with the attack.

what i don't get is why they change mirage cylinder effect' date='and If i here "because it's broke" your argument clearly is falling to pieces.

Because mirage cylinder is basically a magic cylinder with a e-hero format to it,just as fifth hope is a pot of avarince with a e-hero style to it so why the change,some one tell me ?

this is the link to mirage cylinder

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mirage_Tube

this was it's anime effect

This card can only be activated when a monster with "E-hero" in it's name on your side of the field is targeted as an attack target.Negate an opponent's monster's attack and inflict damage to the opponent equal to the attack power of the monster that was targeted with the attack.

[/quote']

the anime effect is not broken, it's limited, the new effect is better and more balanced...

Archived