Magic Cylinder: Discussion

Guest Chaos Pudding

I'm on my Wii right now, so I'll have to count on someone else posting the link. Anyways, I'll start off by saying that this card should be unlimited.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

I disagree that it should be unlimited' date=' it negates an attack then reflects the damage, that could easily end the duel. Now, just imagine if it was unlimited, use it 3 times on Monarchs. You've one. Maybe semi-limited, but not unlimited.

[/quote']

Semi at the very least. The burn only matters if it ends the duel, or if it drops them to at least 800 before Prem or Brain Control hit. Otherwise, you might as well use Negate Attack.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Cylinder

Only useful in burn decks. Even then, one copy won't save you, or even be of much use (who's going to attack your Marshmallon and/or Spirit Reaper, especially with LLAB, Bind, or MoP in play?) unless you can topdeck like Jaden/Judai/Yugi.

The chances of you winning by using Magical Cylinder are probably less than the chances of you winning by drawing Exodia. It would be funny if you Cylinder'd a Dark Gaia though.

Moar unlimited pl0x.

Edit: Haste makes waste.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magical_Cylinder

Only useful in burn decks. Even then' date=' one copy won't save you, or even be of much use (who's going to attack your Marshmallon and/or Spirit Reaper, especially with LLAB, Bind, or MoP in play?) unless you can topdeck like Jaden/Judai/Yugi.

The chances of you winning by using Magical Cylinder are probably less than the chances of you winning by drawing Exodia. It would be funny if you Cylinder'd a Dark Gaia though.

Moar unlimited pl0x.

[/quote']

I once Cylinder'd a Five Headed Dragon.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Only useful in burn decks. Even then' date=' one copy won't save you, or even be of much use (who's going to attack your Marshmallon and/or Spirit Reaper, especially with LLAB, Bind, or MoP in play?) unless you can topdeck like Jaden/Judai/Yugi.

Moar unlimited pl0x.

[/quote']

I once Cylinder'd a Five Headed Dragon.

I once Ringed/Barrled a 16000 ATK Chimeratech. What's your point?

Guest Chaos Pudding

really' date=' BAD idea...

instead unlimiting cylinder unban ring of destruction... do you want that??

[/quote']

No, because Ring is a 1-1. MC is a -1. 2 different things. And if some mod could automerge (if this is a double post), I would thank you.

[b']The chances of you winning by using Magical Cylinder are probably less than the chances of you winning by drawing Exodia.[/b] It would be funny if you Cylinder'd a Dark Gaia though.

Moar unlimited pl0x.

I Magic Cylindered a Cyber End Dragon w/Power Bond & Limiter Removal. Pwn't right there.

Magic Cylinder for SEMI LIMIT!

RoD FOR UNBAN! =]

Guest Chaos Pudding

[b']The chances of you winning by using Magical Cylinder are probably less than the chances of you winning by drawing Exodia.[/b] It would be funny if you Cylinder'd a Dark Gaia though.

Moar unlimited pl0x.

I Magic Cylindered a Cyber End Dragon w/Power Bond & Limiter Removal. Pwn't right there.

Magic Cylinder for SEMI LIMIT!

RoD FOR UNBAN! =]

ITT: Sarcasm.

Guest Chaos Pudding

really i don't think so...

magic cylinder is a very amount of damage by no cost' date=' so no... BTW i was ironic by saying unban RoD...

[/quote']

Not really. 8000 is a large amount. Unless you can consistantly hit 8000 ATK monsters with MC, you are better off running Saku/DimPris/any other 1-1 or better monster removal trap.

I disagree that it should be unlimited' date=' it negates an attack then reflects the damage, that could easily end the duel. Now, just imagine if it was unlimited, use it 3 times on Monarchs. You've one. Maybe semi-limited, but not unlimited.

[/quote']

Semi at the very least. The burn only matters if it ends the duel, or if it drops them to at least 800 before Prem or Brain Control hit. Otherwise, you might as well use Negate Attack.

The reason it was like that before is because it was a game destroyer. It can turn complete duels around in one hit if timed right. You can't say that about cards like Gadgets. Sure, you get a monster, but they have weak strength and don't do anything but accumulate themselves. That doesn't end the game. Plus the card could end duels too quickly.

New-Aged Scenario:

Opponent has The Calculator, Metal Reflector Slime, and Yubel, and some other card on the field. They then attack your 3000 ATK monster to destroy it and give you damage, but instead you throw out a Cylinder and they lose on that turn right there, as opposed to the duel continuing after you took damage.

I'm on my Wii right now' date=' so I'll have to count on someone else posting the link. Anyways, I'll start off by saying that this card should be unlimited.

[/quote']

I disagree.

Damage does count for something in this game.

If you manage to negate any monster with more than 1500 ATK, it's still worth it.

I'm fine with it where it is.

Opponent has The Calculator' date=' Metal Reflector Slime, and Yubel, and some other card on the field.

[/quote']

If you let that happen you're not very good to start with and deserve to lose the duel, Magic Cylinder will not help.

I really don't think that's a fair response.

Opponent has The Calculator' date=' Metal Reflector Slime, and Yubel, and some other card on the field.

[/quote']

If you let that happen you're not very good to start with and deserve to lose the duel, Magic Cylinder will not help.

What isn't fair about it? If you attack into a Tomato without a good answer to what's going to be SS'd, a Cylinder will not save you.

[/quote']

What isn't fair about it? If you attack into a Tomato without a good answer to what's going to be SS'd, a Cylinder will not save you.

You do realize that luck is a factor of the game, don't you? And that other players CAN win.

[/quote']

You do realize that luck is a factor of the game, don't you? And that other players CAN win.

So if luck is such a factor, how is three Magic Cylinder in a deck will be different than one? Do you win solely on Magic Cylinder's presence in your deck.

I can play 3 Dimension Wall. Now tell me, will you be more inclined to attack with a 3000 ATK monster if I have a face-down and a set card or if you have a direct shot and I only have a set card.

In the end, what's the difference?

[/quote']

So if luck is such a factor, how is three Magic Cylinder in a deck will be different than one? Do you win solely on Magic Cylinder's presence in your deck.

I can play 3 Dimension Wall. Now tell me, will you be more inclined to attack with a 3000 ATK monster if I have a face-down and a set card or if you have a direct shot and I only have a set card.

In the end, what's the difference?

For one, Dimension Wall wouldn't do the same thing. Not only would you still lose your monster, but you'd also be inflicting less damage to the opponent. Possibly a lot less.

And besides, if you could easily recover your cards with the ones in your hand/you know you have in your deck, wouldn't you want to slam into that monster?

One way or another, this was just a scenario. Imagine being down to like... 2000 LPS each and you attack with a Monarch, having done with the monster on the field or another back row card when summoning it. Then you're not going to really want to skip your turn, will you? Let's say, even 3000 or 4000 lifpoints!

Then when they activate their card, not only do they not lose any Life Points, but now you're at a disadvantage for Life Points!

For one' date=' Dimension Wall wouldn't do the same thing. Not only would you still lose your monster, but you'd also be inflicting less damage to the opponent. Possibly a lot less.

And besides, if you could easily recover your cards with the ones in your hand/you know you have in your deck, wouldn't you want to slam into that monster?

One way or another, this was just a scenario. Imagine being down to like... 2000 LPS each and you attack with a Monarch, having done with the monster on the field or another back row card when summoning it. Then you're not going to really want to skip your turn, will you? Let's say, even 3000 or 4000 lifpoints!

Then when they activate their card, not only do they not lose any Life Points, but now you're at a disadvantage for Life Points!

[/quote']

So your down to 2000 LP, you have only a Monarch on your field, you opponent has only a set S/T. You're telling me that the right move is to attack?

Can we... not base the legality of a card on situational combos? Honestly, we can do the same with pretty much any card to make it "broken".

And no, that statement is not meant to be taken literally, as I know for a fact someone is gonna say "but wait! when would ever be a game breaking card!? lol!"

Archived