Whats useful about Torture Golem? (Grinder Golem in TCG)

He was used in the anime by Yubel Johan and was recently released in the Johan Anderson duelist pack as a super. I dont see what is good about his effect. It reads

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field by also Special Summoning 2 "Grinder Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in face-up Attack Position on your side of the field. If you Special Summon this monster you cannot Normal Summon or Set during the same turn."

So your opponent gets a free non-tribute 3000 ATK monster and you get 2 tokens with 0 ATK and DEF and they cant change their positions the turn you summon them so...whats good about it? What are good strategies with it?

Unless you combo it with some monster stealing card' date=' then it's not of much use other than infernal tempest.....

[/quote']

That's why I suggested to combine it with Necroface...

i'm not familiar with the necroface OTK. plz tell me?

Attack Grinder with a token' date=' 3000 damage, Tempest, remove all monsters from play, 3 x Necroface.

Average deck runs 20 monsters, 3 Necros remove 15 cards, you draw 5 cards when you start a duel.

Do the math.

[/quote']

Ahhh, quite good, quite good.

I need to stay on top of the new cards more.

It's been kinda hard since I haven't played in a while.

Ah yes, Grinder Golem.

The Torturing Infernal Necrosis deck(Grinder Golem's OCG name is Torture Golem FYI). I made a deck at GFaqs some time ago.

Although it is now currently lost in his bowels, meaning that I don't have the decklist for now. Shmucks. -_-

One small weakness for the deck concept: if the opponent runs very few monsters, you are screwed, because you can't cause the deckout from Inferno Tempest in the first place. Heh.

Attack Grinder with a token' date=' 3000 damage, Tempest, remove all monsters from play, 3 x Necroface.

Average deck runs 20 monsters, 3 Necros remove 15 cards, you draw 5 cards when you start a duel.

Do the math.

[/quote']

ah, very interesting. Useful if you opponent relies on monsters. But other than that, there's really not much use for it, I suppose.

Do the math.

[/quote']

necro removes 5, another puts them back in the deck and does another 5, and a third puts them back and removes another 5.

In the End, 5 cards are removed.

Do the math.

[/quote']

necro removes 5, another puts them back in the deck and does another 5, and a third puts them back and removes another 5.

Except... no. It removes all monsters. It removes 3 Necrofaces. They never get normal summoned onto the field. The RFG zone is never shuffled back in. In the end, 15 cards + all the monsters are removed.

GG?

Do the math.

[/quote']

You, sir, need to read the card carefully.

"When this card is Normal Summoned, shuffle all removed from play cards into their owner's Decks. This card gains 100 ATK for each of those cards. When this card is removed from play, both players remove from play the top 5 cards of their Deck."

Tell me, when is this card actually normal summoned in the first place when Inferno Tempest is activated?

When you Special Summon this card to your opponents side of the field, you obtain 2 Grinder Token ATK-0 DEF-0. Use Creature Swap to obtain Grinder Golem and switch your control of one of your Grinder Tokens to your opponents. Then Inflict Battle Damage to your opponents Token.

Of course, your opponent has the advatage of attacking your tokens, if you don't use Creature Swap.

-Grinder Golem otk

-Creature Swap

-Creature Seizure

-Owner's Seal/Mark of Proprietor

-Relinqueshed (token can be used to summon him as well)

-Plasma (tokens can be used to summon him as well)

-United We Stand (you might win the exact turn)

-Cannon Soldier MK-2 (you might win the exact turn)

-The World (you might win next turn ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Archived