☠☠☠The Survival Horror Video Game Club☠☠☠

I (personally) think it is a great series, but it isn't all that well-known (here anyway). The atmosphere is definetely dark and scary (dark rooms and ghosts everywhere - and all you have is a exorcising camera), the sense of fear is there (you never know what's gonna be around the next corner - or what's really going on in the place you're in), and it's strangely addicting (you wanna keep going to get the hell out).

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there's Silent Hill.

There's one called Siren that is a little awkward. You have the ability to see through the eyes of your enemies in order to see where they are and their line-of-sight in order to avoid them....and you need to. It only takes about 1-3 good hits from the enemy to kill you - and some of them wield weapons.

RE, SH, and FF are really the more mainstream ones.

Might as well start with the first one. It (vaguely) explains what the hell is going on in the town. Silent Hill 2 takes place in another part of the town. Silent Hill 3 takes place a bit after the events of the first game. I have no idea where Silent Hill 4 or Homecoming fit in. Silent Hill Origins takes place a little before the first game - and it helps a tiny bit if you played the first one. Silent Hill Shattered Memories is a remake of the original game.

Yeah...

Oh, I remembered a handful of other games that are somewhat survival horror:

Haunting Ground (like Clock Tower 3 - except you cannot fight on your own; you have a dog to do it for you and it ain't that good at doing it)
Extermination (More action oriented, but it still gets pretty freaky knowing that an alien bacteria is overtaking the base)
Cold Fear (Dark ship and oil platform with a whole bunch of monsters? Yeah)

Hey I know I'm not part of the club (and i wouldn't fit in here anyway - most of my video game time is KH), but my friends made me try Amnesia the other day and man you wanna talk about a horror game phew. My friend screamed at one point while I was playing. We watched a playthrough on youtube; I don't think I've ever heard a grown man scream like a little girl before.

idk this just came to mind as I was passing through.

I believe so - and I feel ashamed now for barely posting in that club...

I played a little Resident Evil 2 last night and it still bothers me that the knife sucked until Code Veronica. Seriously, the knife doesn't even STUN in the older games. It makes you wonder what is the point of even wielding the knife? If you run out of ammo in the game, then there is a problem. Zombies don't take THAT much ammo to kill, there are plenty of bullets strewn throughout the game, and you don't HAVE to fight everything.

Code Veronica at least made the knife viable for a good while - since you can slash at a zombie's legs. If you do it right, the zombie collapses to the ground and gives you time to run past it before it gets back up - or you can start stabbing it from behind while it tries to get up.

Archived