Gaming Central

Glitch

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I can make my own game *drool*

okay first of all I think it would be awseomer if I made my dream console instead of a game

the console would be revolutionary but probably more expensive than the hope diamond as of today's technology?

It would be a spherical room around a 30 ft. radius and the sphere with in that spherical room with a 10 ft. radius giving you a 20 ft standing and jumping space.

the sphere in the center would have its own gravitational pull meaning you won't be able to tell, once you are in the room which way is "facing up." because you are standing upright all the time.

holographic projections would be emitted from both underneath and above you as they drastically change land scape as you move around the ball you are walking on would rotate around its center so for the most part you'd stay in place. The sound system would also surround you and the game would display sounds from certain directions depending on the circumstance. Last the sphere may "rumble" or "waving" motion giving the effect of something like explosions =D and being at sea =D, mostly all accompanied by visual illusions making the smallest sphere movements seem drastic in the gamers POV. falling would be done when the gravitational pull is more toward the ceiling of the projection room so you are suspended and aided with the visual illusions giving you a falling sensation.

Kind of like inception it might be a good idea to make a totem, hardwired in the game to do a specific repeated action to help you differentiate between the real world and the game world. you wouldn't need to bring the real totem into the simulation because the program made one will always stick around with you. once you get out of the simulator you will use the actual one and not the programed one (theoretically If you didn't do anything to dangerous to convince you that the game world is the real world like some sicko making a game simulation about you being the the simulation room and exiting the simulation room into your exact community.... sick sick bastards.)

anyways now that I explained the physical attributes of the facility, Ill tell you the computer works behind it.

so a game developer will just think up a world, knowing that the mind is so good at creating spontaneous detail that should be easy. The super computers

would save those files as a landscape template.

next the game developer will also think up the physics. The more creative the developer is the more accurate the physics should be (destructible environment, gravity, inertia all that)

After saving those physics with your mind and the computer engine, you can populate your game with NPC's creative game developers might use AI's similar to the ever growing learning AI (like A.L.I.C.E) although it'd take a long ass time for a large environment all with individual AI personalities, starting with a base nature and set past, the character development should come naturally, with out any insane ass happenings such as nice lady down the street who sells milk has developed a characteristic to eat children, because of your gameplay... (or maybe that the kind of gameplay you want IDK)

of course because you want to limit your data base (there is no such thing as an unlimited data base is there?) you'll make timed events that keep the game moving, instead of having a gamer buy a game just to flirt with the local elf, space pilot or chick with a suspicions knowledge about fast street cars.

around 5 terabytes should be the limit to these games or we'd have some lawsuits to fill out.

so this would make most of the games self running, meaning installation or downloads would be near impossible (ti'll maybe a couple decades)

the program must be running before you enter the simulation room because the holographic projection initialization might... blind you

what the computer does is start off with really REALLY bright lights and then fades and adds color bending the lights to make shapes and details, so starting with this we can obviously add some safety warnings.

1. do not go in until the program is already running

2. have a totem prepared EX. dice that always lands on the number 1 in the game no matter what you do

3. normal consumers should not tamper with the console

4. you should take some physical rest every 2 hours

5. the faint of heart might not want to play games that have to do with lots of getting stabbed by ninjas

what else.... uhhh......

oh yeah multiplayer or co-op

the reason the sphere needs its own gravity when its already rotating for your needs is multi-player

most multiplayer maps tend to have loops or patterns there for allowing both players to move in different directions and not fall off the sphere and then eventually meet after what seems like a long time because of visual illusions. The easiest multiplayer games would probably be the racing ones as they always loop and you generally stay in one play and the visuals do the trick the opponent would be on the other side of the sphere.

most likely the console can hold 6 players at once depending on game development.

I have more in detail stuff on this Idea but I dont wanna say it all right now, If anyone thinks this is awesome and have questions on how it would work or what are its capabilities you can ask me and I'll answer them

Archived