Gaming Central

Glitch

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to not give a rating. I'm way too biased. And I decided to give a more simpler one like Gitch's rather than going through all of what Mako did because the game isn't as fresh on my mind as Brink or the Star Wars game (I'm assuming he played it again before writing the review) was to

[spoiler=Mana Khemia (PlayStation2)

Story

The world that Mana Khemia takes place in is interesting to say the least. It's a fantasy land that's technology isn't up to computers yet but it still seems pretty advanced in some ways. It's not really magic or technology that this game even centers around. It's a mixture of both. That's right. Alchemy. Although it's the more magical aspect of it unlike FMA that takes a more logical and cientific approach. The story revolves around shy 16 year old boy Vayne Aurelius as he enters an academy centered around Alchemy though I may be a bit ahead of myself right now. Vayne doesnt have many memories and has appareantly been living in some house out in the woods with a cat named Sulfur for as long as he can remember. The cat is really a mana that only Vayne can understand and don't worry about this stuff I'm telling you. You find all this out early on in the game. Now to get back to the academy. In this academy Vayne is put through tons of adventures and ordeals that either he has to go through to make a grade or because of the variety of characters he meets in the game while also finding more about and mindf*cks I still can't get over.

Gameplay

Imagine if Persona, BlazBlue, and Pokemon got together in a three way and had a baby but Pokemon could kind of only watch and get a little involved a little while the other two were going at it. This game takes in tons of traditional RPG elements and then has them take super steroids because normal ones don't explain it. But I should explain how it takes those three in. It has a battle system similar to Persona as well as how you walk around maps and just get around different places. Even to how battles are initiated. Then we add the super steroids and even more things are added but I rather not say any more in fear of spoilers. How BlazBlue is involved is it just has a great sprite style with beautiful attacks and abilities that look fabulous. This game just got a straight man to say fabulous. Pokemon just plain has some similarities with as in you can only have a fight with six of your characters and you can switch them and blah blah blah. I'm not saying this game has stolen or copied any of these elements but that they're just similar and it's easier to explain that way.

Guest Mako109

Really? Wii Play? I loved that.

Anyway...err...

...Um...

...Eh...

Dunno. I don't try to play games I don't like. :/

Let's put some more favorite video games up!

I'm asking for each member to post at least three more of their favorite video games!

Please put the FULL name of the video games followed by what console it is for.

Example : Call of Duty : Black Ops (Xbox 360)

Guest Mako109

Halo: Reach (360), Call of Duty: Black Ops [Dun play it much](360), Team Fortress 2 (Macintosh), Jurassic: The Hunted (360), and Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox).

Yeah, I'm a shooter kinda guy, save that last one.

Archived