-Marvel Fan Club-

-Unknown-

[center]

[color="#FF0000"][b][size="7"]-Marvel Fan Club-[/size][/b][/color]

[size="3"]Join if you like [color="#FF0000"][b]Marvel[/b][/color].
Follow rules as usual.
We will be discussing anything do with Marvel.[/size]

[size="5"][b]Member Application:[/b][/size]
[size="3"]Username -
Favorite [color="#FF0000"][b]Marvel[/b][/color] Hero -
Favorite [color="#FF0000"][b]Marvel[/b][/color] Villain -
Would you be a super hero or a super villain? -
If you could had the ability to have 1 super power; what would it be? -[/size]

[u][size="5"][b]Member List[/b][/size][/u]
[size="3"]Phantom Roxas
SmileyOfChoas
Fusion X. Denver
[/size]

[/center]

[quote name='-Unknown-' timestamp='1309061346' post='5311255']
Your totally in man, and thanks for answering my question. I guess the Human Torch has that right.

By Rapid Cell Division; do you mean duplication?
[/quote]

Division, duplication, whatever floats your boat. Basically it's just Wolverine's regeneration; his cells divide so rapidly that he heals faster, ages slower, and is highly resistant to drugs and diseases.

As for Pyrokinesis, both the Human Torch and Pyro from X-Men are great examples.

Pyrokinesis allows one to create and/or manipulate fire. It's what Firebending is.

Now, I don't read American comics; I'm simply a fan of the old cartoons and movies. Still, I'm thinking of actually get into comics, and I plan to start picking up Ultimate Spider-Man.

Who here watches Linkara?

Username - Fusion X. Denver
Favorite Marvel Hero - Spider-Man
Favorite Marvel Villain - Venom? (Magneto seemed like a cool villain too)
Would you be a super hero or a super villain? - Hero
If you could had the ability to have 1 super power; what would it be? - Shapeshifting

What is Linkara?
And I highly recommend Ultimate Spider-Man. It's a great read and personally, it finds a way to make you care more about Peter Parker than the Amazing does. I really do like his character.

I think I prefer Magneto to Venom.

[url=http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w]Linkara[/url] makes videos for That Guy With The Glasses, and specializes in reviewing comics. He also has a rather interesting story arc that occurs over the course of his many reviews. One of his more recent reviews was Ultimatum, which makes me wary of getting that story. It doesn't sound like another One More Day, but it sounds like it's the Marvel equivalent to Countdown to Final Crisis.

I might end up ordering [url=http://amzn.to/lMiSvD]Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimate Collection Volume 1[/url], unless there is a more compact compilation of the Ultimate Spider-Man series I should consider. I know the intention of the Ultimate Marvel universe is to get new comic readers into the medium with a fresh story, and it seems like that will be the case with me.

Yeah, that's the best route to take for Spidey. Trust me, this stuff's good. And some of Bendis' best work from what I can tell.
He's really good at dialogue, it feels genuine and makes it more realistic (you'll see what I mean when you read).
Ultimatum was a freaking mess.
The execution was all wrong. It did its purpose in revamping the universe, but it was a shoddy job. If I had read Ultimate X-Men (half-planning to), I would have been infuriated with the way the characters were treated.
I'll check out his reviews, that recurring story makes me think of the fanfic review threads here, a good sign.

I want to just wanted to read Ultimate Spider-Man, so I don't know if bothering with Ultimatum for the sake of story would be worth it. I think Linkara's Ultimatum review involves the storyline, which can be found [url=http://atopfourthwall.blogspot.com/2011/01/atop-fourth-wall-storyline.html]here[/url], so I'm going to put that off for a while. And yes, the storyline does remind me of the fanfic reviews here as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Username: SNASHU
Favorite Marvel Hero: Hulk
Favorite Marvel Villain: Carnage
Would you be a super hero or a super villain: Super Villain
If you could had the ability to have 1 super power; what would it be: Mutating into a super strong creature

Archived