Constant "Ban this"/"Ban that"

Every day I see a new topic saying "This card should be banned". Every card that is good is being said to be banned. Why don't you stop crying!? Every card has a weakness, every single card. There are overpowered cards that ARE banned, Like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, who was banned because it was way too powerful. If you're going to complain about a card, why not just post one freakin' thread aruging about what should be banned, instead of Spamming the section with "Ban this" or "That card should be banned" topics. It's annoying. Then some newbie-members, no reference to the insult "noob", argue that is should be banned, every single time. Like Elsandero said, "Why not just ban every card in the game". If you're going to complain about cards that beat you, that means you better step up your game, and practice more often with friendly competition. It's a game to have fun with, yet alot of people are getting angry when they lose. IT'S A FREAKIN' CARD GAME. Deal with it. Instead of saying all the cards that win duels, or give advantages with that matter, should be banned, say what cards shouldn't be banned, that will probably save alot more time. Even if you didn't lose to it, but you don't want it used against you, doesn't mean it deserves a ban.

I've seen the convo's about the following cards "should be banned": D.D. Crow, Dark Magician of Chaos, Raiza the Storm Monarch, Mobius the Frost Monarch, Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch, Granmarg the Rock Monarch, Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, Wave Motion Cannon, Treeborn Frog, Snipe Hunter, Premature Burial, Demise, King of Armageddon, Crystal Abundance, Elemental Hero Stratos, Gearfried the Iron Knight, Dimmension Fusion, Future Fusion, Gravity Bind, Level Limit - Area B, Wall of Revealing Light, Messenger of Peace, Royal Decree, Jinzo, Solar Flare Dragon, Magician's Valkryia, Marauding Captain, Catnipped Kitty, Goblin King, Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower, Command Knight, Batteryman D, The Wicked Eraser, The Wicked Avatar, The Wicked Dreadroot, Crush Card Virus, Foolish Burial, Bad Reaction to Simochi, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Dark Bribe, Spell Economics, Mirror Force, and Pot of Avarice.

Alot right? JUST STOP. Make one topic, giving opinions, and a good argument on why a card is overpowered, and/or broken, and should deserve a ban. Don't think of every card that you lose to is overpowered. This game is about fun, and enjoyment between you and your opponent. Yet you run around screaming and acting like 2-year olds when you lose, and complain that they cheated, or a card should be banned afterwards. The banned list is perfect the way it is right now. Stop crying over which cards SHOULD be banned. That doesn't mean you will get your way and that they WILL be banned. Also, the WC08 Banned List has nothing to do with this, so don't even try to bring it up.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it does. But once they start saying it should be banned, they start arguing about everything, then go off-topic, then start complaining about something. They decide that every card that gives advantage, like D.D. Crow, or Dark Magician of Chaos, deserves to be banned. Mostly cards that win duels like Raiza the Storm Monarch, or Demise, King of Armageddon. Which is very annoying.

protip : Imperial Order is already banned.

And about Crow, I'll quote what I said in the other topic, just for you.

The other day my friend told me a joke and I didn't get it. He then explained it to me but I still didn't get it.

Boy did I feel stupid at the moment...

protip : Imperial Order is already banned.

And about Crow' date=' I'll quote what I said in the other topic, just for you.

The other day my friend told me a joke and I didn't get it. He then explained it to me but I still didn't get it.

Boy did I feel stupid at the moment...

Lol...

Anyway, it pisses me off that ANY cards are banned. Especially ones like Pot of Greed and Graceful Charity.

What do they have against drawing extra cards?

Every day I see a new topic saying "This card should be banned". Every card that is good is being said to be banned. Why don't you stop crying!? Every card has a weakness, every single card. There are overpowered cards that ARE banned, Like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, who was banned because it was way too powerful.

Point 1: Every card has a weakness.

Point 2: BLS was too powerful.

You just defeated your own argument.

If you're going to complain about a card, why not just post one freakin' thread aruging about what should be banned, instead of Spamming the section with "Ban this" or "That card should be banned" topics. It's annoying.

It would take too long explaining exactly why for each and every single card.

Then some newbie-members, no reference to the insult "noob", argue that is should be banned, every single time. Like Elsandero said, "Why not just ban every card in the game". If you're going to complain about cards that beat you, that means you better step up your game, and practice more often with friendly competition.

Except the cards that are being discussed to be banned tend to greatly just throw skill out the window. Take BLS for example. Back when it was around, the game was all about who could get BLS out fastest. It was a game about topdecking, not a game about... actual skill. Now, the metagame is turning into something similar. Who can get Treeborn Frog into the grave first and who can get DMoC out first tends to win the game.

It's a game to have fun with, yet alot of people are getting angry when they lose. IT'S A FREAKIN' CARD GAME. Deal with it. Instead of saying all the cards that win duels, or give advantages with that matter, should be banned, say what cards shouldn't be banned, that will probably save alot more time. Even if you didn't lose to it, but you don't want it used against you, doesn't mean it deserves a ban.

Only cards that allow people to be rewarded despite unskilled play should be banned.

I've seen the convo's about the following cards "should be banned": D.D. Crow, Dark Magician of Chaos, Raiza the Storm Monarch, Mobius the Frost Monarch, Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch, Granmarg the Rock Monarch, Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, Wave Motion Cannon, Treeborn Frog, Snipe Hunter, Premature Burial, Demise, King of Armageddon, Crystal Abundance, Elemental Hero Stratos, Gearfried the Iron Knight, Dimmension Fusion, Future Fusion, Gravity Bind, Level Limit - Area B, Wall of Revealing Light, Messenger of Peace, Royal Decree, Jinzo, Solar Flare Dragon, Magician's Valkryia, Marauding Captain, Catnipped Kitty, Goblin King, Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower, Command Knight, Batteryman D, The Wicked Eraser, The Wicked Avatar, The Wicked Dreadroot, Crush Card Virus, Foolish Burial, Bad Reaction to Simochi, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Dark Bribe, Spell Economics, Mirror Force, and Pot of Avarice.

'Kay. So?

Alot right? JUST STOP. Make one topic, giving opinions, and a good argument on why a card is overpowered, and/or broken, and should deserve a ban.

... We do.

Don't think of every card that you lose to is overpowered. This game is about fun, and enjoyment between you and your opponent. Yet you run around screaming and acting like 2-year olds when you lose, and complain that they cheated, or a card should be banned afterwards.

Lol. No. I'd rather the game be based on skill, not who can drop Treeborn Frog into the grave

The banned list is perfect the way it is right now.

Stop lying to yourself.

Stop crying over which cards SHOULD be banned. That doesn't mean you will get your way and that they WILL be banned. Also, the WC08 Banned List has nothing to do with this, so don't even try to bring it up.

1: Yeah, we know. Like complaining over the internet has ever solved anything. We're here to examine your skill, or apparently, lack there of.

2: WC'08 Banlist = Joke.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

You just about missed the whole point where we DID use logic and facts to support why we thought cards should be banned.

Sadly it not even who can play what first its who has the most money. I dare anybody to try to argue with me at that point.

over the past 2 years, i have bought less than 20 packs. i've gotten almost ALL my cards through trading. ive built Monarch decks, Gadget decks, Stratos Toolbox, Macro, and now Zombies. every zombie card i got took me 2 days of trading, and i didnt spend any money to get them.

Sadly it not even who can play what first its who has the most money. I dare anybody to try to argue with me at that point.

over the past 2 years' date=' i have bought less than 20 packs. i've gotten almost ALL my cards through trading. ive built Monarch decks, Gadget decks, Stratos Toolbox, Macro, and now Zombies. every zombie card i got took me 2 days of trading, and i didnt spend any money to get them.

[/quote']

True, but one of the most abusable cards available is Dark Magician of Chaos, which is difficult to get through trading and costs a lot.

I don't understand the banning of Graceful Charity' date=' it's more of a - than a +. But Pot of Greed should either stay banned, or at least become limited, since all you do is draw 2 cards, but they have to make a cost, like pay 500 Life Points or something.

[/quote']

lrn2yugioh you funny man

Are some really good cards expensive? Yes.

Is anything in life free? Not really.

Can you make unfair trades with little kids? Yes.

Can you play a video game like WC2008? Yes.

Are you good if you have good cards? Hell no.

Overall, it is the best deckbuilder and most intelligent player that wins. I've seen people with really good, expensive cards but lose miserably because they're awful at yugioh.

I don't understand the banning of Graceful Charity' date=' it's more of a - than a +. But Pot of Greed should either stay banned, or at least become limited, since all you do is draw 2 cards, but they have to make a cost, like pay 500 Life Points or something.

[/quote']

i will help you undestand with 2 words: dark world...

personally, i'm sick n' tired of the "this card should be banned" with no reason or point to defend it... some cards never have benn banned even when there's cards that supports their loops (with different costs)

geez... all your answers to card opinios are "ban it"?? D.D. crow can stop several cards: ban it!... DMoC has a good effect: ban it!... raiza is the best monarch: ban it!... with that attitude the only deck that everybody could run on the next world championship will be... petit moth OTK!!

[/quote']

i will help you undestand with 2 words: dark world...[/Quote]

WRONG. Dark World is just the icing on the cake. Graceful Charity is abusable anywhere.

personally, i'm sick n' tired of the "this card should be banned" with no reason or point to defend it... some cards never have benn banned even when there's cards that supports their loops (with different costs)

geez... all your answers to card opinios are "ban it"?? D.D. crow can stop several cards: ban it!... DMoC has a good effect: ban it!... raiza is the best monarch: ban it!... with that attitude the only deck that everybody could run on the next world championship will be... petit moth OTK!!

Nobody ever suggested banning D.D. Crow or Raiza. DMoC's effect has gone from good to game-breaking due to the amount of Special Summon from RFP support that PTDN has released, especially when used with Arms Hole.

[/quote']

i will help you undestand with 16 words: dark world, Treeborn Frog, Malicious, Disk Commander, Dasher, Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, Phantom of Chaos...

Fix'd.

Edit: And that's just off the top of my head. I'm probably missing a lot.

[/quote']

i will help you undestand with 16 words: dark world, Treeborn Frog, Malicious, Disk Commander, Dasher, Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, Phantom of Chaos...

Fix'd.

Teh crystal beasties 4 rainbow dragun! And skull servunt!

Also, D.D. Scout Plane (with Macro/D-Fissure active). And DMoC for easy revival.

There's too many to list.

[/quote']

Fix'd.

Teh crystal beasties 4 rainbow dragun! And skull servunt!

Also, D.D. Scout Plane (with Macro/D-Fissure active). And DMoC for easy revival.

There's too many to list.

well... i missed a lot, but on that meta the DW was gainning adepts and was becoming the broken deck of the month... so it had to be limited...

Archived