Constant "Ban this"/"Ban that"

You know I just realized how stupid and laughable all these pointless arguements are, it's a CARD GAME PEOPLE! Let's put this in perspective here, this is comparible to tons of people in a dispute about some rule in Monopoly, like someone saying "I think hotels should be banned!" You may say this is different but it's really not all have to say is I can't believe I almost got sucked into an arguement over the rules in a card game, this takes the fun out of it. So my message to all of you is to "GET OUT THERE AND GET A LIFE, IT'S JUST A CARD GAME!" (A kids card game at that).

P.S

My apologies if any of you have never played Monopoly, if you haven't played it you won't get the hotel thing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

Alright, what is the deal here? Are you saying you would rather not have more discussions? Are you saying that our topics are useless? Because if that is what you are saying, then what is the point of this board? I was under the impression that this board was here to discuss the TCG and, by extension, the OCG. Care to point out how discussing which cards we think should hit the list isn't within the scope of this board?

I didn't say you can't discuss a card, I'm saying I'm sick of the discussions coming up with a card should be freakin' banned. You say it about every single card in a discussion basically, and it is so stupid if you're getting mad that a card should be banned. You can't make it banned, so your arguments mean nothing at all.

I didn't say you can't discuss a card' date=' I'm saying I'm sick of the discussions coming up with a card should be freakin' banned. You say it about every single card in a discussion basically, and it is so stupid if you're getting mad that a card should be banned. You can't make it banned, so your arguments mean nothing at all.

[/quote']

Oh no the contrary, the discussions are meant to show why the card should be banned. I don't see any of us cutting ourself because a card is not banned. I'm not mad if the list makers aren't smart enough to ban a certain card. I don't see anyone else mad.

It's not like we're saying "ZOMG dis card is banned cuz i dont like it" no we're giving legitamate reasons once the discussion starts.

Not to mention the fact that everyone knows they can't make cards banned. The list makers just have to eventually catch on and notice cards are too broken/not very broken and act appropraitely. Sadly, they usually don't realize this for some time.

I didn't say you can't discuss a card' date=' I'm saying I'm sick of the discussions coming up with a card should be freakin' banned. You say it about every single card in a discussion basically, and it is so stupid if you're getting mad that a card should be banned. You can't make it banned, so your arguments mean nothing at all.

[/quote']

Oh no the contrary, the discussions are meant to show why the card should be banned. I don't see any of us cutting ourself because a card is not banned. I'm not mad if the list makers aren't smart enough to ban a certain card. I don't see anyone else mad.

It's not like we're saying "ZOMG dis card is banned cuz i dont like it" no we're giving legitamate reasons once the discussion starts.

Not to mention the fact that everyone knows they can't make cards banned. The list makers just have to eventually catch on and notice cards are too broken/not very broken and act appropraitely. Sadly, they usually don't realize this for some time.

yes your reasons are this, i don't like this card because it's broke,i.e I'm not smart enough to find a way to beat that card so I want it remove from the game.

[/quote']

yes your reasons are this, i don't like this card because it's broke,i.e I'm not smart enough to find a way to beat that card so I want it remove from the game.

lolwutno

Every card can be beaten. What's important is whether a card is good for ther meta. The Chaos cards can easily be beaten with Bottomless Trap Hole, Solemn Judgment, or the use of Macro decks; that doesn't make them any less banworthy.

[/quote']

D.D. Crow counters Treeborn Frog. I've found a way to beat the card. I still want it prohibited.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Wow, did he actually use the "lol u can counter it" argument? I can counter Raigeki with Magic Jammer. I suppose you want to see that card back in play, now?

[/quote']

I prefer fun deck types like Exodia, Crystal Beasts, Water Control etc. Why should I be forced to sacrifice main-deck space JUST to counter 1 damn card?

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

I prefer fun deck types like Exodia, Crystal Beasts, Water Control etc. Why should I be forced to sacrifice main-deck space JUST to counter 1 damn card?

Because if you are having fun with a children's card game, you deserve to lose.

• 1 month later...

wow, i missed this, what happened?

anyway i agree if we ban all the good cards we will be back to the era when ATK was all that was there, not so good times. anyway if all the good cards go then the game is over, and then we will go to Magic the Gathering *ya it's that bad* and then that game to will be spoiled by noobs and so on.

personally i agree thereis really no point in discussing wether a card should or shouldnt be banned, its not like we can do anything about it

but then it is nice to get things off out chests and see if people agree

although i have seen some pretty strange things to ban such as dmoc and at 1 i think its fine in my oppinion its as if we should just band ALL good cards no no we shouldnt

Guest Chaos Pudding

although i have seen some pretty strange things to ban such as dmoc and at 1 i think its fine in my oppinion its as if we should just band ALL good cards no no we shouldnt

DMoC is abusable to the extent that it ruins the balance of the game whenever it is played. Any card that can do that deserves to be banned.

hmmm ok i suppose you have a point but its not soo game breaking you dont get a chance to come back like black luster soldier ect and its effect can only be used once as it gets rfg, plus also its VARY rare so maybe things liek that should come into consideration liek making necroface down to 2 was really pointless who the hell is gonna even have 3 nevermind 1 :S

but liek i said you cant ban EVERY good card just liek the treeborn frog thread no it shouodnt be banned =/

Guest Chaos Pudding

hmmm ok i suppose you have a point but its not soo game breaking you dont get a chance to come back like black luster soldier ect and its effect can only be used once as it gets rfg' date=' plus also its VARY rare so maybe things liek that should come into consideration liek making necroface down to 2 was really pointless who the hell is gonna even have 3 nevermind 1 :S

but liek i said you cant ban EVERY good card just liek the treeborn frog thread no it shouodnt be banned =/

[/quote']

The worth of a card should NEVER be taken into consideration when decided where cards fall on the ban list.

And there is a line where "good" becomes "harmful to the game". DMoC has crossed it, and Treeborn is toeing it.

Archived