Yu-Gi-Oh! Strike of the Heavens (PG-13) - Chapter 19 up!!

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1312734066' post='5422088']
That chapter felt kind of short, but it's always cool to see a tie, considering how rare those are.
[/quote]

Fast reply is fast. I kinda felt like when I was writing it that the duel was getting nowhere, and Michiko's not really that "strong" of a character to win yet. So I just figured, "hey, this card looks like a tie-card, better than the Final Countdown Stall" that you saw in the DREV Meta."

Still trying to sneak in time to go grab my car. Now I gotta pay up $150 for the new tires that the service guys put on. Outrageously expensive, but whatever. And I'm still working on Chapter 16. It's a pretty powerful chapter if you listening to some sad classical music while you were reading it, like Gustav Mahler's 5th Symphony in C# Minor, or Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I've decided to work out a schedule on here about how/when I'm gonna post the Chapters. I figured the best way to keep track of things is by using this schedule, so it is something special I pride myself with.

[spoiler='Schedule']
8/29 - Will post Chapter 15
8/31 - Will post Chapter 16
9/2 - Will post Chapter 17 + Update Bios
9/5 - Will post Chapter 18
[/spoiler]

Have fun flooding the topic until then. LOL j/j

EDIT: Thank you for reply, Simdoggy.

Alright, I'm sticking to the schedule and posting Chapter 7, as I said I would. This duel features the first of many "fake cards" that appear in the fan-fic, which I think I'll spoil. Since this chapter is nine pages, I'll split it up into two parts, just like I did with Chapter 5.

[spoiler='Chapter 7, Part 1']Chapter 7 – An Unexpected Visitor

The darkness had veiled the entire room so much that it was nearly impossible to see his hand in front of his face. There was only a single speck of light, and it illuminated from a candle, situated on the desk in the supposed corner of the room. He proceeded carefully throughout the room, not knowing what he might bump into. How was it that anyone could see in this darkness, let alone live down here?

Mizoui needed to report directly to his master, but he felt like he was on a wild goose chase, with all the twists and turns needed to get down to his master’s chamber. Every sound made Mizoui jump from his robe, frightened for something that might attack him. No, he needed to be astute and resolute. It’s just a harmless rat, or a squealing little mouse. Besides, I’m bigger than them, he thought to himself.

Mizoui proceeded into a large room, and there was a different feeling in this room than the one with the candle. There were sixteen different torchlights throughout this room, all of them faintly lit. At least he could see now. There was a dark figure standing before a stone statue with three rectangular insets, most likely where cards were placed. “I have arrived, sir,” Mizoui said, kneeling. The figure before him did not turn.

“You have lost. I pity you, Mizoui,” the figure finally spoke.

“Actually, in reality, master, it was a tie.”

“I picked you for this job because you were the most attached to that girl. You are always replaceable.”

“Master…”

“I want the search for the three cards to go uninterrupted as planned. The great day shall come, and when it does…” the figure started laughing maniacally. “Heaven and Hell shall meet in an epic clash.”

“It is the will of my master,” Mizoui said, rising to his feet. “But…there is one thing that I want to ask…”

“You may ask.”

“Why are these three cards important to the fate of the world?” There was silence for a time.

“Fool! Don’t you realize that with the three Hero cards under our control, we can control the fate of both Heaven and Hell! Since you are so keen on forgetting, Mizoui, I’ll tell you again…”

Mizoui straightened out, waiting for his master to speak.

“Long ago, there was a brand of holy warriors named the “Daedalus Warriors” who protected the Heavens, and the “Crow Leaf Warriors” who protected the Hells. These two forces fought each other for eons, but ultimately, the forces of Heaven won. However, the commander of the battle was soon cursed by a deity of the Hells, the Legendary Bird Rai’Goh. Before his passing, The Commander designed three cards, resembling the physical manifestations of the three bravest souls that were in his unit. One of them was a warrior of sacred power, a beast of unparalleled strength, and a Valkyrie that transcended worlds. These “Daedalus Hero” cards were scattered all over the surface of the earth. Now, it is our job to find them.”

“I understand, master.”

“Do not fail me again, Mizoui, otherwise the consequences will cost you dearly.”

Mizoui left the dark-covered room, thinking about the legend that he had heard. “An impending clash between the Heavens and Hells. These three cards control the Heavens. What about the other cards, then?” Mizoui put the darkness behind him and set out again.

~-~

Ayame stood before the sleeping Michiko, with her hands clasped around Michiko’s. “Please…wake up,” she muttered a prayer to herself. “We need you for tonight.”

“I’m…awake, silly.” Michiko uttered. Ayame clamped her hands harder. Michiko did not open her eyes.

“Michiko, no matter what happens, I’ll be right here for you.” A tear rolled off Ayame’s face and splashed onto Michiko’s dress. “Michiko…who was that? Don’t hold anything back from me anymore.”

“That man…used to be…my father. He was…obsessed with power…so he left our family. I…thought he was…” Michiko’s grunting ended the sentence for her. Ayame felt bad for having to torture her friend like this, but she needed to know who it was.
“I heard later…that he got…into an accident with another duelist…it took half of…” Michiko was out of breath and her face was scrunched up.

“Michiko…I think I understand.”

“Understand what? The fact…that he betrayed my family…”

“You and I are one of the same. I don’t have any family left, either.” Ayame remembered the time when Zero Reverse happened. She was just a baby when it happened, but she still remembered it like it happened yesterday. “My mother left to try to escape from the calamity, but when she couldn’t, she…died. My father, he felt like it was his fault that Zero Reverse happened. He couldn’t bear all of the guilt by himself, so he gave me up and placed me in a home for kids in the Satellite. I haven’t heard from or seen my father since that day…”

“I wasn’t asking you…to share your story with me!” Michiko said, louder and more forcefully than before. “You make it as though…your family is more important…than mine.”

“No, Michiko. Listen…we are family now. We rely on each other more than we know. When one of us is hurting, we both feel it.” There was a bit of silence. Ayame saw a tear run down Michiko’s face. Ayame let her friend’s hands go. “You need to rest, please.”

Ayame felt bad for leaving her friend there all alone, but she needed answers, and she needed them fast. The contractor…why did that name sound so familiar? She pulled out her laptop that she conveniently kept in her book bag and started doing some research. Her first search was anything she could find out about “The Contractor”. Her links came up with nothing, but something interesting did come up that she delved more into.

The website was an article about the appearance of three “Gods” that descended onto the earth. The article dated back almost ten years, but it was still looking into. Ayame read on about a legend of the “Daedalus Warriors” who protected the Heavens, and the “Crow Leaf Warriors” who protected the Hells. These two forces fought each other for eons, but ultimately, the forces of Heaven won. Ayame kept scrolling down, wanting to learn before. Apparently, there were three “Daedalus Hero” cards designed before the commanders downfall, and them, along with all of the other “Daedalus” cards, fell to the earth.

“Daedalus cards? Like the Daedalus Bridge?” Ayame said to herself. She then looked up the cards in KaibaCorp’s Virtual Database. The results came back with nothing. Maybe it was a fairytale, but she knew something was going on. A search for power…

“Something wrong,” Ayame heard someone say. Ayame looked up to find Kimiko standing in front of her. “You look engrossed in schoolwork. Such a square…”

Ayame shook her head no. “I’m doing research about something. It’s about these three cards that were supposedly crafted by the Gods and were scattered around the Earth…”

“The “Daedalus” cards?” Ayame was shocked at what Kimiko said. She obviously knew something.

“Alright, spill it. What do you know?”

Kimiko looked down to the floor. She put a hand in her robe, searching for something. Afterwards, she pulled out a Duel Monsters card. It was named “Daedalus Warrior Angel Edge”. She handed it to Ayame. “That’s all I have. I have an extra copy back in my room. In fact…I…have quite a few…I’m sorry for lying.”

“Never mind that. You’ve got to show me!”

“Oh no, you don’t!”

Not again. Ayame didn’t want to raise any more trouble than she already had. Ayame looked to her right. What she saw next nearly made her heart drop.

“You…you’re…”

“Someone famous, I know.”

Kimiko and Ayame looked at each other. Ayame screamed for joy. “The legendary Duelist “Ressen Ikeda”!”

“So you have heard of me. I’m charmed.”

Ayame pushed Kimiko out of the way. “Hi, I’m your biggest fan. I’m–”

“I know exactly who you are. Moreover, that’s the reason I’ve come. You are next on my list.”

Ayame’s heart sunk. This guy meant trouble. “List?” Ayame slowly said.

“That’s right. I have a list. I hunt people down and obtain their rarest cards, and then I turn them into a person named “The Contractor”.”

Ayame gasped. “You work for the Contractor?”

“That’s right. Or whatever the guy claims himself to be. A lot of people claim that they are the contractor.”

“Then how come this is the first time I’ve heard of him?”

“You must not have been around.” Ressen was very direct. “Alright, enough of the small talk.”

Ayame laughed. “This barely constitutes as small-talk.”

“I’ve got a proposal for you. Obviously, you are a very skilled duelist, so you have no doubt heard of the Future Worlds Duel Championship?” Ayame shook her head no. “Hmm…you should have gotten an invitation. If not, that’s fine, because this proposal is gonna rock you off your shoes.”

“Just say it,” Ayame said bluntly. Just as Ressen was blunt, Ayame would play at his game. It was at this point that Ressen held out his ace card, “Fabled Leviathan”.

“Show me your ace card,” Ressen demanded.

Ayame was unsure of which one to pick. Her “Light End Dragon” was her favorite monster, but also, “XX-Saber Gottoms” had helped her win some duels as well. She showed Ressen her “Light End Dragon”.

“So, it is. “Light End Dragon”…Here’s how this is going to work. You are obviously a talented Duelist if you have an ace monster as powerful as that. But my…team…is in a bit of a problem this year: we need one more person for our team. The way the Future Worlds Duel Championship works is that two members from the team engage in Turbo Dueling two members of the other team, while the third takes on a Ground Duel with the third team member of the other team. Get what I am saying? Basically said, I…excuse me, we…want you for our team.”

“Alright. You’ve certainly sparked my interest.” Ayame had always thought of the life as being the world’s greatest Duelist. But, she would need to win Turbo Duels in order to gain respect. This wasn’t her calling. But she listened to his proposal. “Now what?”

“Simple. You win; you get my ace card and a chance to be on my team. If I win, then I get your ace card, “Light End Dragon”, for myself.”

There was no way that Ayame was going to give up her “Light End Dragon” to this buffoon. If he was the Dueling Champion, why was he picking on random duelists and grabbing their favorite Ace cards? “I suppose you aren’t going to take no for an answer, so I might as well,” Ayame reluctantly said. From out the corner of her eye, however, she spotted two men of the same attire as the duel from before: purple-and-black robes, hooded.

“Well, look at what we’ve got here. Two birds with one stone, right, brother?” One of them said, with a very high-pitched, tenor voice.

“Exactly,” the second said. This person was more direct. They both jumped down from the overhang where the second set of tables were. Both of them were armed with Duel Disks.

“The rising star of the century, Ressen Ikeda, and this pathetic schoolgirl? Come now, Ressen…” said the first from before.

“Hey, what do you want,” Ayame said. “I’ve already been through enough today.”

“That’s too bad. We’re just getting started,” said the second duelist. Ressen started laughing. “Hmm? What is so funny? Don’t you know who we two are?”

“Yea, I know exactly who you are. I thought you pathetic scum were through with the whole “trying to find the three cards thing”. Guess I was wrong!”

Ayame had no idea what Ressen was talking about. Kimiko snuck up behind Ayame. “What’s going on, Ayame?”

“That’s what I’d like to know, Kimiko,” Ayame responded.

“We will fulfill our master’s wish! We won’t rest until we find the three cards,” the first brother said.

“Pathetic…the tag team duo from so many years ago now resorts to thievery for a wicked and heartbreaking group of individuals who call themselves “The Contractors”. Humph. I suppose Mizoui is doing well, too?”

What? How did Ressen find out about Mizoui? What the hell was going on?

“That’s it! You’re done!” The first duelist then pulled out his Duel Disk. The second brother followed in similar motion. Ressen’s face turned into one of disdain and disappointment.

“Ayame, we need to take these guys down. You owe me one Duel. I know these two personally, and if they get the three cards, then our world is finished.”

Ayame had no idea what was going on, but the situation called for her help, so that was what she was going to do. She readied her Duel Disk. “How about some names, you two,” she asked blaringly.

“I am Kyo Matsumoto,” said the tenor voice. “And my brother is Tanaka Matsumoto. And together, we shall search for the three cards and claim our rule over the world!”

[b]Ressen & Ayame LP: 4000[/b]
[b]Kyo & Tanaka LP: 4000[/b]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Chapter 7, Part 2']

[b]Ressen & Ayame LP: 4000[/b]
[b]Kyo & Tanaka LP: 4000[/b]

“So, this match follows Tag rules, huh,” Ressen said confidently. “Not that I am complaining. I’ll decide the order. How about Kyo first, then my partner, then Tanaka, and finally me? That gives me plenty of time to look over my hand and strategize.”
“Fine. It doesn’t matter anyway,” Kyo said.

[b]Kyo Card Count: 6[/b]

“I Normal Summon “Daedalus Warrior Black Sage”.”
[spoiler='Daedalus Warrior Black Sage']Warrior/Tuner/Effect
DARK
Level 3
1100 ATK/1000 DEF
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Daedalus" monster from your hand. This card can only be Synchro Material for a "Daedalus" Synchro Monster.[/spoiler]

“What? You are using illegal cards,” Ayame yelled. “How is that possible?”

“Little girl, there is much you have to learn about the power of the gods and heavens. Weren’t you awake during your Religion class,” Kyo said arrogantly. “Now I activate Black Sage’s effect, allowing me to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Daedalus Warrior” monster from my hand, and I choose “Daedalus Warrior Grand Dame”.
[spoiler='Daedalus Warrior Grand Dame']Warrior/Effect
EARTH
Level 2
500 ATK/700 DEF
Once per turn, you can send 1 "Daedalus" monster card from your Deck to the Graveyard. This card is treated as that monster's name and gains its effects until the End Phase of this turn.[/spoiler]

Now I tune my Level 3 Black Sage with my Level 2 Grand Dame in order to Synchro Summon, “Daedalus Warrior Dread Scythe”!”
[spoiler='Daedalus Warrior Dread Scythe']Warrior/Synchro/Effect
DARK
Level 5
2100 ATK/0 DEF

1 "Daedalus" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
During the Damage Step when this card attacks, you can lower this card's ATK by 300 (permanently) to lower the target's ATK by 1000 (permanently). If this card is in face-up Defense Position during your End Phase, destroy this card plus one other card on the field.[/spoiler]

How was this possible? How were they able to manipulate their Duel Disks to let them play illegal cards? Ayame found all of this impossible. “My turn, then”.

[b]Ayame Card Count: 6[/b]

This hand was almost perfect. This would be too easy. “I activate the Spell Card “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Foolish_Burial"]Foolish Burial[/url]”. This allows me to send one monster card from my Deck to my Graveyard, and I am sending my “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Quillbolt_Hedgehog"]Quillbolt Hedgehog[/url]”. Next, I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Boggart_Knight"]XX-Saber Boggart Knight[/url]”. And now, I can activate its effect, allowing me to Special Summon a Level 4 or lower “X-Saber” monster from my hand. Come out, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Fulhelmknight"]XX-Saber Fullhelmknight[/url]”. [b] [/b]And you know what that means; whenever I control a face-up Tuner monster, like my “XX-Saber Fullhelmknight”, I can Special Summon “Quillbolt Hedgehog from my Graveyard. [b] [/b]Now that I control two “X-Saber” monsters, I can Special Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Faultroll"]XX-Saber Faultroll[/url]” from my hand.[b] [/b]Now for the first of several Synchro Summons! I tune my Level 3 “XX-Saber Fullhelmknight” with my Level 2 “Quillbolt Hedgehog” to Synchro Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/X-Saber_Wayne"]X-Saber Wayne[/url]”!

"And now, I can use “XX-Saber Faultroll’s” ability to revive the “XX-Saber Fullhelmknight” that I just used for Synchro Material back again! Now, I tune again, with the Level 3 “XX-Saber Fullhelmknight” and Level 4 “XX-Saber Boggart Knight”, in order to Synchro Summon, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/X-Saber_Urbellum"]X-Saber Urbellum[/url]!” I’ll then end with two facedowns.”

“Ayame, you burned out your entire hand! How are you going to make a comeback now,” Ressen asked.

“Don’t worry; I’ve got this under control.”

“Then, it’s my move,” Tanaka said.

[b]Tanaka Card Count: 6[/b]

“I’ll start with “Daedalus Beast Mystic Wolf”.”
[spoiler='Daedalus Beast Mystic Wolf']Beast/Effect
EARTH
Level 4
1600 ATK/400 DEF

While you control a face-up "Daedalus Warrior" monster, this card cannot be destroyed in battle. Once per turn, by halving this card's ATK, this card may attack your opponent directly.[/spoiler]

“What is it with you two? Don’t you realize that you are using illegal cards,” Ayame yelled at the two.

“That doesn’t matter when we control the fate of the Gods. I’ll end with two facedowns. Your turn, Ressen.”

[b]Ressen Card Count: 6[/b]

“Gladly punks. I’ll show both of you again that you don’t need cards of the Gods in order to win. I’ll start by activating the effect of “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Nozoochee"]The Fabled Nozoochee[/url]”. By discarding one “The Fabled” monster in my hand, I can Special Summon “The Fabled Nozoochee”.[b] [/b]Now, I can Special Summon any “Fabled” Monster from my hand since “The Fabled Nozoochee” was Special Summoned. I choose “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Cerburrel"]The Fabled Cerburrel[/url]”. [b] [/b]And now, since “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Ganashia"]The Fabled Ganashia[/url]” was discarded due to a card effect, I can Special Summon him from the Graveyard.[b] [/b]Now I tune my Level 2 “The Fabled Cerburrel” with my Level 2 “The Fabled Cerburrel” in order to Synchro Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Kudabbi"]The Fabled Kudabbi[/url]”! [b] [/b]I then Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Raven"]Fabled Raven[/url]”. Then, by using its effect, I can boost “Fabled Raven’s” level by 1 for every card I discard, and he also gains 400 ATK. However, that won’t matter when I’m about to tune him with my “The Fabled Nozoochee”. I discard “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Mitztoji"]Fabled Miztoji[/url]” from my hand.

"Now that he is the appropriate level, I can tune for a Synchro Summon! I tune the Level 3 “Fabled Raven” with the Level 2 “The Fabled Nozoochee” for a Synchro Summon. Appear, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Ragin"]Fabled Ragin[/url]”! [b] [/b]And when he is Synchro Summoned, since I only have one card in my hand, I can draw until I have two.”

[b]Ressen Card Count: 2[/b]

“I then set one card face down. Now, “Fabled Ragin”, attack “Daedalus Warrior Dread Scythe. Show those pitiful duelists a lesson!”

“I activate a Trap, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Negate_Attack"]Negate Attack[/url]”,” said Tanaka. “This stops your attack and immediately ends the Battle Phase.”

“Fine then. I place one more card facedown and end my turn.”

Ayame looked over at her dueling partner. “So it’s okay for you to burn your hand, but not me? Hypocrite…”

“Actually, it’s good that I did. Since I have no cards in my hand, my “Fabled Kudabbi” can’t be destroyed,” Ressen whispering to his partner.

“Are you two done chatting? If so, it’s my turn,” Kyo said.

[b]Kyo Card Count: 5[/b]

“I Normal Summon “Daedalus Warrior Dreamblade”!”
[spoiler='Daedalus Warrior Dreamblade']Warrior/Effect
EARTH
Level 4
1900 ATK/1200 DEF

When this card destroys your opponent's monster in battle, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Daedalus" monster from your hand.[/spoiler]
“I now activate a Trap,” said Tanaka. “This trap is called “Bond Between Beast and Tamer”, and it only benefits us."

[spoiler='Bond Between Beast and Tamer']Trap Card
Continuous Trap
While you control a "Daedalus Warrior" and "Daedalus Beast" monster on your side of the field, no monsters can be Special Summoned, except for "Daedalus" monsters. "Daedalus" monsters you control cannot be destroyed in battle by other respective Type monsters on the field.[/spoiler]

"When there is a “Daedalus Warrior” and “Daedalus Beast” on our side of the field, no other monsters can be Special Summoned except “Daedalus” monsters, and our monsters can’t be destroyed by their respective Type monsters. You’re utterly hopeless!”

“Now may I proceed, brother,” Kyo asked. Tanaka nodded, then Kyo turned back to his adversaries. “Now, I activate a Spell Card, “Pentagramm Fire”."

[spoiler='Pentagramm Fire']Spell Card
Continuous Spell
Each time a "Daedalus" monster is Synchro Summoned, inflict 600 points of damage to your opponent. Destroy this card after the third turn since this card's activation.[/spoiler]

"Whenever a “Daedalus” monster is Synchro Summoned, I inflict 600 points of damage to my opponent, and in this case, it will be both of you. However, after three turns, this card goes bye. I also activate another Spell Card, “No Forgiveness!”

[spoiler='No Forgiveness!']Spell Card
Normal Spell

Select one "Daedalus" monster on your side of the field. This turn only, that monster may attack your opponent's Life Points directly. During the End Phase, switch the selected monster to Defense Position. No other monsters can attack the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

"This allows my “Daedalus Warrior Dreamblade” to attack you directly, but during the End Phase, my monster switches to Defense Position. Also, no other monsters of mine can attack this turn. Now attack Ressen, “Daedalus Warrior Dreamblade”. Show him a lesson!”

The warrior leapt across the field, drawing her sword and preparing to slash Ressen. However, he prepared himself by blocking the attack with his Duel Disk. The warrior leapt back to her starting position and kneeled.

[b]Ressen LP: 2100[/b]

“Since it is now the End Phase, my monster switches to Defense Position. Your turn, Ayame.”

Ressen looked over to his dueling partner. “Be careful, Ayame. The monsters inflict real damage. You need to watch yourself.”

Ayame thought this wouldn’t be very difficult. The majority of her monsters were Warrior Type, so it would be easy to get rid of Kyo’s monsters, but she might have a tougher time dealing with Tanaka. Ayame had only one Beast Type monster out of her entire deck, and she needed to get it in her hand as soon as possible. “My draw, then!”

[b]Ayame Card Count: 1[/b]

“Well, this isn’t going to do me any good…” Ayame said to herself. “No monsters can be Special Summoned except for “Daedalus” monsters, so my facedown “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gottoms%27_Emergency_Call"]Gottoms' Emergency Call[/url]” is completely wasted now.

“It was foolish of you to leave your monsters in Defense Mode. “X-Saber Wayne,” attack “Daedalus Warrior Dreamblade”!

“I activate a Trap from my hand, “Daedalus Force”.
[spoiler='Daedalus Force']Trap Card
Normal Trap

You can activate this card from your hand when your opponent declares an attack and you have two or more "Daedalus" monsters on your side of the field. Destroy all attack position monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

"Since I control two face-up “Daedalus” Monsters, I can activate this Trap from my hand, and all monsters in attack position are destroyed,” Kyo yelled.

“What?” Ayame said. “But that means…”

“I activate a Quick-Play Spell, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Moon"]Book of Moon[/url]”. This flips one monster on the field into Set Position,” Ressen yelled. “I flip over Ayame’s “X-Saber Faultroll”!”

“Humph. Lucky punk. But you’re still going to be obliterated!”

Indeed. It would seem the entire field would be cleared of monsters. “Fabled Ragin”, “X-Saber Urbellum”, and “X-Saber Wayne” were obliterated from off the field. Ressen had a smile on his face. Ayame looked over at him. “Thanks for that.”

“You’ve forgotten already, you two? Pathetic. Don’t you know when I have no cards in my hand, my “The Fabled Kudabbi” can’t be destroyed by card effects or by battle,” Ressen said.

“And,” Tanaka questioned.

“I’m saying that that was a pointless move.”

“What’s pointless is for you to try and resist anymore. Give us what we want, Ressen.”

“Ha! You’ll have to pry it off from my fingers. I won’t let you get it. And I won’t let you two twerps get the other two cards.”

Ayame could see the bitter rage that Ressen displayed to these two. She reflected back on the duel. “Well, he primarily controls Beasts and Fiends, while I control Warriors and Beast-Warriors, meaning that Ressen has to focus on Tanaka for his attacks, while I need to focus on Kyo,” Ayame thought to herself. “I end,” she said aloud.

“Then, allow me,” Tanaka said.

[b]Tanaka Card Count: 4[/b]

“I Normal Summon “Daedalus Beast Saber Cat”.
[spoiler='Daedalus Beast Saber Cat']Beast-Warrior/Tuner/Effect
EARTH
Level 2
900ATK/650 DEF
You can send one "Daedalus" monster from your hand to the Graveyard to increase this card's level by 1 until the End Phase of this turn.[/spoiler]

"My Saber Cat is quite the special ability. By discarding one “Daedalus” monster in my hand, I can increase “Daedalus Beast Saber Cat’s” level by one. I discard “Daedalus Beast Blood Kitten” to increase “Saber Cat’s” level by one. [b](2/900/650>>3/900/650) [/b]Furthermore, since “Daedalus Beast Blood Kitten” was discarded to the Graveyard, its ability activates, placing a “Blood Counter” on one face-up monster. I choose “The Fabled Kudabbi”.

[spoiler='Daedalus Beast Blood Kitten']Beast/Effect
DARK
Level 2
800 ATK/800 DEF

When this card is Normal Summoned or sent to the Graveyard, place one "Blood Counter" on one face-up monster your opponent controls. During each Standby Phase, that monster's ATK is decreased by 400. If a card is sent to the Graveyard while it has a "Blood Counter" on it, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK.[/spoiler]

Ressen scoffed. “I thought you weren’t fond of animals, Tanaka?”

“These “animals” will help us win today, Ressen. I will show you now! I tune my Level 3 “Daedalus Beast Saber Cat” with the Level 4 “Daedalus Beast Mystic Wolf” in order to Synchro Summon, “Daedalus Beast Dark Watchdog”.

[spoiler='Daedalus Beast Dark Watchdog']Beast/Synchro/Effect
DARK
Level 7
2400 ATK/1100 DEF

1 "Daedalus" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Daedalus Beast" monsters
When this card is destroyed in battle, you can Special Summon 1 of the Synchro Material Monsters used to Synchro Summon this monster from your Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Now, I attack your “The Fabled Kudabbi”.

“Trap card, open, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Malevolent_Catastrophe"]Malevolent Catastrophe[/url]”,” Ressen said. “When this trap is activated, all Spell and Trap cards on the field are destroyed. I figure it would be the easiest way to get that card off the field.”

Tanaka grunted as the card was vaporized into a hundred pixels. “You’ll pay for that.”

“Will I now? Since I am holding no cards in my hand, “The Fabled Kudabbi” can’t be destroyed by battle.”

“Yes, but you’ll still suffer damage.”

The dark dog of the shadows leapt forward and bit the elegantly dressed horse. Indeed, it was not destroyed in battle, but Ressen still felt a shock course throughout his body.

[b]Ressen LP: 1900[/b]

“I end my turn.”

“Then it’s my turn,” Ressen said.

“I should remind you that since your “The Fabled Kudabbi” has a “Blood Counter” on it, your monster loses 400 ATK during each Standby Phase,” Tanaka said.

[b]Ressen Card Count: 1[/b]
[b]The Fabled Kudabbi: (4/2200/1100>>4/1800/1100)[/b]

“Hmm…I tire of this game. I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Rubyruda"]The Fabled Rubyruda[/url]”. Now I tune the Level 4 “The Fabled Rubyruda” with the Level 4 “The Fabled Kudabbi”. Watch as the lightness within both of beasts creates a beast of unparalleled strength. Synchro Summon, Second Crown, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Valkyrus"]Fabled Valkyrus[/url]”!”

“That was a bad move. Since your monster was sent to the Graveyard while it had a “Blood Counter” on it, you take damage equal to your monster’s original ATK. You’re finished,” Tanaka said.

"What?" Ressen felt an incredible pain course throughout his body. He dropped to his knee in pain.

[b]Ressen LP: 0[/b]

“Ha. I knew it wasn’t so tough to take him out. He’s nothing. Now…” Tanaka and Kyo turned to Ayame. “Now, it’s on to you.”

“I’m sorry, Ayame…” Ressen said, slowly. It was clear he was hurting, but somehow, Ayame felt as though he were faking his injuries. He limped over to his Dueling partner.

“I’m gonna make a break for it. Don’t try to stop me,” he whispered. However, before Ayame could respond, he slipped what Ayame thought was a card into her robe and bolted off.

“Hey, after him,” Kyo said. “He still has it. Then, Ayame ran after Ressen, demanding to know more, with the two brothers chasing after Ayame. “Don’t let both of them get away.”

Instinctively, Kimiko stepped out in front of the two running brothers. “Out of the way,” Kyo shouted.

“Don’t think you’re getting your hands on my friend. Appear, “Splendid Rose”.” A gust of wind shot out from underneath Kimiko, just like before. From out of the gust of wind came the girl sitting on the rose, with four thorns coming out from all directions.

“What? How is that possible? She wasn’t dueling, was she,” Tanaka said, stuttering.

“If you want to chase after her, you’ll have to get past my monster first. “Splendid Rose,” do your thing!”

The “Splendid Rose” then grabbed both of the Duelists by the ankles of their feet, two thorns for each, and stopped them right in their tracks. The “Splendid Rose’s” thorny vines then grew in size, until the vines completely covered both duelists’ abdomens. There was no way that they could escape now. Kimiko chuckled to herself. “Hope you learned a thing or two from a duelist like me.”

“No, you don’t understand. He still has the card.”

“Oh, I know. I, myself, am searching for the cards. But I plan to do something different with them. It was a mistake that they were created in the first place.”

“Well, don’t let both of them get away. Ressen still has it.”

“Actually, I will.”

Tanaka grunted, trying to break free of the thorns, but to no avail. Kimiko started to walk away, heading for both of the duelists. “Wait, you’re just gonna leave us here,” Kyo called out, but Kimiko turned the corner and chased after the two duelists, without revealing an answer.

Ayame was firing on all cylinders, trying to chase Ressen down. He kept continually calling back at her, taunting her to run faster. Ayame only focused on trying to catch him. That was, until he got to his Duel Runner. He hopped on his silver and blue Duel Runner, waved to the girl, and took off. Ayame sighed. What had she gotten herself into this time? She took out the card. It was “Daedalus Hero Excalibur”. She read the effect to herself.

[spoiler='Daedalus Hero Excalibur']Warrior/Synchro/Effect
LIGHT
Level 10
3300 ATK/2000 DEF
1 LIGHT Tuner + 2 or more Non-Tuner "Daedalus Warrior" Monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can destroy up to 3 cards on the field. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon 1 LIGHT monster from your hand. It cannot declare an attack this turn.[/spoiler]

She looked at the card for a long while, and then stuck it back in her pocket. “Well, there’s no point in chasing after him. Might as well save it for next time…”

She turned around and proceeded back to the school. She was hoping that this day would be finished.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Theme Music for this Chapter'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ6w8cB44eo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ6w8cB44eo&feature=related[/url][/spoiler]

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1312827613' post='5425261']
Normally I prefer reading Duels that mainly have TCG/OCG cards, some manga/anime and then a few custom cards here and there. But, the duel was actually pretty enjoyable even with about half the cards being custom.
[/quote]

Woohoo, success. I've made someone happy even though I used fake cards. I think that was my goal of the day, too. While I was writing this Chapter, I was thinking to myself, "Hmm, Ressen should get completely smashed by these guys". And so, that was what happened. I think if the duel continued on it's proper course, I would've made it so that Ayame got stomped too, but she's the main character. She can't lose.

Finished Chapter 16 finally. I'd like to stay at least ten chapters ahead of the current rate that I am posting. That's the goal that I am trying to set for myself. Right now, I'm one behind, because when I post Chapter 8 on Wednesday, I should be done with Chapter 18. And I know where I am going with the next couple of chapters, it is just filling in the blanks that is the hard part.

Delicious Butterscotch cookies, everyone!!!

It would help for me in the event you can posts the bio's with pics in the individuals and if its feasible possibly article one other chapters precisely the very same time period since the 1st.

[url=http://www.buyguccishop.com/]Cheap Gucci Shoes[/url]|[url=http://www.buyguccishop.com/gucci-boots-c-59.html/]Cheap Gucci Boots[/url]|[url=http://www.buyguccishop.com/gucci-dress-shoes-c-58.html/]Gucci Designer Shoes[/url]

[quote name='Supermanglide' timestamp='1312874415' post='5427104']
It would help for me in the event you can posts the bio's with pics in the individuals and if its feasible possibly article one other chapters precisely the very same time period since the 1st.
[/quote]

Alright, as promised, I would update as soon as I got home. Work starting picking back up again, so I was able to make a lot of tip money today. I'm a very happy person now.

Alright, about the first thing you said, don't worry, I have been trying to find a way to post pictures. But unfortunately, copy/paste does not work from MS Paint and Photobucket is being difficult for me right now. And, I do have pics for Ayame, Michiko, Kimiko, Ressen, and eventually will have Phoenix pic. I'd also said that yesterday that I would update bios, which I shall also do when I post Chapter 10, as this is the start of a major event, where many other characters will be making an appearance.

About the second one, I was trying to figure out what exactly what you were trying to say. Were you trying to refer to the posts being the same Chapter Length as Chapter 1, or have it be centered around the same time as Chapter 1? If it is the latter, you will be disappointed, my friend, because this story takes place over the course of several weeks. If it is the former, then I have an answer. Since Chapter 1 was five pages long in MS word, I set that as a benchmark for Chapters longer than that. Now, if a Chapter is longer than five or six pages, then I will split it into two or three parts, depending on the length. I hope that gets across what you were trying to ask.

Everyone, first of all, I would like to thank you for reading my fan-fic. Your support and feedback, along with my genious writing skills, is the reason that I can keep writing the way I do. Don't hesitate to PM me with questions about the fan-fic that you don't get, or if you need advice on writing your own fan-fic. I would be happy to help with anything that you need help with. Just don't do it in between 7:00 and 11:00 in the morning (Central Time), because I will be at work. Second, feel free to PM me ideas, too. A writer must be open to suggesstions given to him by his fellow co-workers. Your contributions will not be turned down (unless I already have an idea, or is just totally bazoo and all-over-the-place).

Alright, everyone feast on the cookies now!

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1312924638' post='5428395']

You mentioned MS paint, so does that mean you drew the pics yourself?
[/quote]

No, I used this site.
[color="#388222"][url="http://www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond/anime-character-maker-2"]www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond/[b]anime[/b]-[b]character[/b]-[b]maker[/b]-2[/url][/color]

[quote name='Devil's Advocate' timestamp='1312924905' post='5428407']

No, I used this site.
[color=#388222][url="http://www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond/anime-character-maker-2"]www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond/[b]anime[/b]-[b]character[/b]-[b]maker[/b]-2[/url][/color]
[/quote]
I just tried it. I think I'll use that for my bios too, considering I couldn't draw well to save my life. It would be perfect if there was one more weapon added - Duel Disk. xD

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1312929444' post='5428700']
It would be perfect if there was one more weapon added - Duel Disk. xD
[/quote]

Unfortunately, we do not have that luxury, so it's just implied that they are wearing Duel Disks.

UPDATE: Schedule is now fixed and I will now be posting Chapter 8. Still not done with 17. I've hit a writer's block, which, I will say with such arrogance and foolhardiness, has never happened before (that's true, I've never had a writer's block ever). Anyways, Chapter 8 is now up. If Photobucket behaves today, maybe I can also post pics. P.S.: Non-Dueling Chapter!

[spoiler='Chapter 8']

Chapter 8 – What Makes a Hero?

The sun was about to set on the city. The streetlights had begun turning on, signaling the end of another long day. Ayame couldn’t believe what had happened today. First, there was the duel between Michiko and her father, Mizoui, and how Michiko had revealed her darker self to Ayame. Michiko had put up and incredible fight, but her father was also an exceptional duelist. Nevertheless, Michiko’s harsh, almost malevolent words still rang in her head.

[i]“You walked out on our family all those years ago. The accident took half of your face off, and I’m supposed to pity you?”[/i]

Ayame put the words beside her and focused on the card that sat in the corner of her desk, the “Daedalus Hero Excalibur”. She picked it up and looked at it one more time. “But this card is useless to me. I don’t have the right cards to use this monster. I only have “Hyper Synchron”, the only Light Attribute Tuner in my deck, not counting the limitless combinations that I can utilize with “Lightwave Tuning”. But…”

She looked at the clock, and then the ticket, which sat nearby. Ayame had just remembered that her friend’s theatrical appearance was tonight. It was 18:44, and the show would start at 19:00. She would have to do her homework later. She desperately wanted to see her friend onstage, for this was the first, and last time, that she would be on stage. She stuck her Deck in her back pocket, grabbed her ticket, and headed out the door.

On the one hand, Ayame had always known the bright, cheerful side of Michiko, and had always known that she was a great duelist. She had put up a spectacular duel earlier today, and if she really had that kind of potential, then she could probably go on to be a great superstar duelist, just like Ressen Ikeda. On the other hand, the darker side of Michiko appeared as well during the duel, which continually cursed and mocked her opponent. This new side of her friend had scared her. Ayame felt like it was time to put everything behind her. She said to herself that that person on the stage wasn’t Michiko, but a physical representation of her character: a maiden who had fallen in love with a man who was already engaged.

She raced down the hallway, trying to get down to the Auditorium before all the seats were taken. She opened the doors to the grand auditorium.

A line! A line, just to get tickets! Ayame shook her head and sighed. “This doesn’t look too good. I’m never going to get a seat now.” She stood in the ludicrously long line to redeem tickets. It felt like an eternity before she got to the office.

“One ticket, one admission,” Ayame said.

“All of the balcony seats are taken, dear,” said the woman monitoring the computer. You’ve got to be kidding! Ayame loved sitting up in the balcony.

“Fine, General Admission. Somewhere in the fourth row.”

The woman entered the data into the computer and wrote down “D-20” on a slip of paper and handed it to Ayame. Ayame smiled and took the slip of paper and the ticket. She raced over to the person managing the tickets. Ayame gave the finely dressed man the ticket and proceeded into the auditorium. Ayame counted up from the front row. “One, two, three…four! And 20…that is the aisle seat.”

She took her seat and looked at her watch. The time read 18:59. She had arrived just in time. She slumped back in her chair and waited for the performance to start.

“Hey, you arrived.”

Ayame sat straight up, looking for the person who just said that. Of course, a lot of conversing was going on right now, but this statement was directing solely to Ayame. She looked to her right, and her face lit up. The person from before…Ressen Ikeda, was sitting directly to her right side. “Huh,” she said. “What are you doing here?”

“What does it look like? Watching the show.”

Ayame leaned in her seat. “You’ve got nerve for a superstar duelist. Aren’t you supposed to be out “collecting cards” or something?”

“Actually, my work for today is done,” Ressen said with a grin on his face. Ayame wasn’t buying it. “You know, you’ve got a great responsibility with that card that I gave you. I’ve been holding onto it for a while, but I figure you should have it. They don’t allow illegal cards in tournaments.”

“What do these people, “The Contractors”, what do they want with the cards?”

“Didn’t you read the article? Millions of years ago, there were three loyal Gods who served under a General. The General applauded all three of his comrades in battle, so before his death, he fashioned three “Hero” cards in honor of their service. They fell to the earth many millennia ago.”

“Then why do you have one,” Ayame asked as she pulled out her new card.

“That card has been passed down from generation to generation in our family. My sister has one of the other cards, while I have kept one for myself. The third remains to be found.”

“Your sister. So you have family?”

“Used to,” Ressen said gloomily. Ayame remembered back to her time dueling with Kimiko.

[i]My brother would wipe you all over the tiling if he were here.”[/i]

She had brushed off the phrase herself, but now, she was starting to sense something was Ressen and Kimiko. Both of them had incredibly powerful monsters, were great strategists, and both know something about the “Daedalus” cards. “What do you mean “used to”?”

“Just that. I used to have a family before I came here to Japan. See, I’m really not Japanese; I’m from North America.”

Ayame found that hard to believe. What kind of sane person dyes their hair green? “So you immigrated. Why?”

“To escape from the past,” Ressen said before turning forward and looking at the stage. The lights had been turned down. Ayame was excited, but Ressen’s facial features did not change. At that time, the show had officially started. From out of the left side of the stage appeared her friend, her longtime companion, sharply dressed in a white robe and a white traveling hat, was Michiko, plastered with makeup. She appeared miraculous on-stage. Ayame silently waved, but the only thing that Michiko did was look in her direction, expression unchanging. She stared out to the audience.

“What makes a hero, a hero? Is it the fact that they save people…or is it because of the fact that they are simply there when you need them? A hero, by definition, is someone displaying an overwhelming amount of admiration and devotion. If someone is feeling out of it, my hero is always there to help me pick myself up.” Michiko then looked over in Ayame’s direction. Ayame couldn’t help but smile, almost breaking a tear. Michiko turned back forward, looking at nothing in particular. “Heroes might not necessarily be the firefighters who rescue your cat stuck in a tree; heroes might not necessarily be the policemen who work day and night to ensure that our city is kept in tip-top shape; heroes might not necessarily be the heroes you grew up believing were heroes. Heroes are all around us; the friendships that we forge, the bonds that we share, and the everlasting spirit is hero enough for me. What is a hero to you?”

There was an overwhelming amount of applause as Michiko exited. Ayame turned in her seat, determined to know more from Ressen. “Ressen…”

“I know what you are going to ask, and trust me when I say that the less you know, the safer you are. I don’t want you digging any deeper than you already are now,” Ressen said almost strung together, hurried.

“What do you mean?”

“Just that. If you try to go looking for the other two “Hero” cards, then you’ll only end up being hunted by “The Contractors”.”
“Let them come. I’ve been through far worse,” Ayame said, her face turning red in frustration.

“Don’t you understand,” Ressen said, turning in his chair and raising his voice, “that they are going to put you through hell?”
“I’ve already been through hell,” Ayame said, almost yelling. She almost felt embarrassed that she said her phrase so loud. “You might be reluctant to share your story with me, but I’ve gotten used to telling mine.”

“So go on.”

Ayame looked down to the floor, as though she as trying to remember how exactly it happened. She wasn’t so sure at this point. “My mother…she was a worker at the original Ener-D reactor, and my father worked as a businessman, training for his entrepreneurial degree so he can start his own business fabricating cards. I never really saw my parents all that much, but I easily made friends in my childhood. But then…”

The image of Zero Reverse flashed within her mind.

“The day Zero Reverse happened, my father explained to me that he had to go away on a business trip and said that he would be back in a little while. I asked where mother was, and…my father just shook his head and hugged me, saying ‘she’s very far away from here’. I was too young to realize it at that point, but she perished during Zero Reverse. And my father…I haven’t seen him since the day he walked out.”

“So, without family, huh,” Ressen said to himself. Ayame continually kept checking the stage to see if Michiko was on yet or not. “Same with me. However, you’re going to have to break through my wall if you want to hear about my story.”

Ayame turned around. She then thought of an idea.

[i]You owe me one Duel.[/i]

That’s right. Ressen had promised to make it up somehow, but Ayame needed to know more. She couldn’t just be led around by her nose; she needed to figure out the backstory behind these cards.

“Ressen. Tomorrow at 13:00 at the Café le Crème. Sound fine?”

“For what?”

“Well, you said that I owe you one duel. I’d figured I’d make it up to you somehow. If I win, I’ll join your team for this little tournament that’s going on AND…you have to share your story with me. If I lose, then I’ll leave you alone.”

“Fine. I suppose you still want my Ace card, too?”

“You gave me a card that I can’t use right now. How do I know you won’t try that again? Besides, you’ll need your “Fabled Leviathan” for the tournament.

Ressen scoffed. “Right you are.”

“Very well…then I curse the both of you,” Michiko said on stage. She was playing her part perfectly. Michiko then walked off the stage. The man in black then ran after her as the curtain drew shut. Then, there was a fanfare of applause and cheering. Ayame wondered if these could be the same cheers when she was Turbo Dueling. Ressen left his seat before anyone else did. Ayame ran after him.

“Ressen,” Ayame said, grabbing his arm and pulling him back. She then promptly let go. “I was thinking about it. You’re my hero. Ever since you starting Turbo Dueling all those years ago, I’ve always wanted to be you in every way: the power, the speed, and the way you handle your cards. Oh, goodness, I’m starting to blush.” Ayame then straightened herself out. “Umm, pretend you didn’t hear that.”

“That’s nice. But I’m not hero material.” He then walked off. “I just do what I am told.” Ressen then exited. Ayame was confused, and slapped her face with her hand.

“That guy sure is a handful.”

After her astounding performance, Michiko was congratulated with felicitations from her fellow classmates about her excellent performance. Michiko simply smiled, as she always did. After all, she wanted to remain popular. She looked over to her friend. Ayame found it hard to believe that just hours ago in the morning that she was spitting and swearing at her very own father. Ayame didn’t know what to think any more about her friend. She never forgot Michiko’s harsh words during her Duel with Mizoui. Ayame walked up to Michiko and gave her a big hug. “Hey, you were great out there.”

“Aww…thanks,” Michiko said. She wrapped her arms around her friend. Michiko sensed something of her friend, though; the two did not let go of each other for a while. “Ayame, something you want to tell me?”

Ayame broke away from the hug and looked down to the floor. “Well, it was about the duel you had today.”

“What about it?”

“It’s just…I don’t know. You scared me was all. I never would think of you to swear or curse your father.”

Michiko didn’t respond for a while. Ayame noticed that they were moving farther and farther apart from the other students as they talked. “You can never know everything about one person. Some people like to keep their secrets, you know.”

“But…you always share everything with me. You never stop blabbing your mouth about anything.”

“My father is a disgusting human, if he can be called that anymore.”

“Stop doing that. That’s the reason you are scaring me. That’s not Michiko talking, that is someone else.”

Michiko thought about what her friend just said. Perhaps she was right. She needed to forget everything her father ever did to her family and just focus on real life now. After all, Ayame escaped from the real world. Why couldn’t she?

“I understand,” Michiko said. “I’ll try to control myself next time.”

Ayame smiled at her friend and the two hugged again. “You should go get undressed.”

Michiko then broke away from her friend’s hug and turned back towards the Auditorium. She looked back to her friend and smiled. She then turned her head again and sprinted across the Auditorium floor back to the dressing room. Ayame could never forget what words she said, however. Ayame could hear the words, like a time bomb ticking away at destruction. If Michiko kept this up, then ultimately, that was what would happen.

Ayame returned to her room. She opened the door and immediately slumped down on her bed. Today was a stressful day, but it would be even more so tomorrow. She was going to face this generation’s greatest dueling star, and she needed to be prepared.
Ayame took out the contents of her deck and started looking over them. She pretended she was in a duel and drew her five card opening hand. Her hand consisted of “Hyper Synchron”, “Charge of the Light Brigade”, “Wulf, Lightsworn Beast”, “Solar Recharge”, and “Lightwave Tuning”. She drew her sixth card. It was “Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner”. She would be able to bust out a good move with this set of cards. She recited her moves aloud to herself.

“First, by activating “Solar Recharge”…”

She repeated this process into the latest hours of the night.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Theme Music for this Chapter'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvFPKujc5w&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvFPKujc5w&feature=related[/url][/spoiler]

I suppose a break from the duels is welcome every once in a while.

As for Disks, I was thinking that for myself, I'd look around the Internet to find pictures of them that suited my characters, or attempt to draw them, and either try and edit the picture to have it on the generated picture's arm, or show it separately, which shouldn't be too hard to do. D-Wheels on the other hand would be pretty hard to give pictures of unless you're a good artist.

[quote name='hereh' timestamp='1313117977' post='5434837']
This is great Adollah :D
[/quote]

thx Hereh. What chapter are you on? And how many cookies have you eaten? **Counts all the cookies left on the table** THERE'S ONLY 1 LEFT!?!?!? BUTTERSCOTCH AND SNICKERDOODLE!!!! oh fine....

These will probably be better anyway....

[img]http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/c/chocolate_chip_cookies-3102.jpg[/img]

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1313118404' post='5434853']
Awaiting chapter 9, which according to your schedule, comes tomorrow. Yay.
[/quote]

Chapter 9 is depressing. :( But don't worry, when I get off work tomorrow, which will be around 11:00 as always, I will immediately post it. I think I also said that I would update Character Bios tomorrow too, to which I say "YES", because I finally got my pics on Photobucket. Now, pics can be added to my character Bios.

Huzzah!

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1313118777' post='5434874']
Someone dies, I know it.[/quote]

That'll come later. Don't want to give away too much yet.

[quote]
Now when I read the chapter, it'll probably be a Deck being stolen or something, because a Deck is a Duelist's soul or something like that.
[/quote]

You'll just have to wait until tomorrow, my friend. It does involve a Duel, though. I can tell you that without giving too much of the plot away.

Have no fear, Dante is here. Srry about the long wait everyone, but my internet got fried *again*, so I called up the cox guys to figure out WTF was going on. Needless to say, they fixed me problem.

Here is Chapter 9. Tomorrow comes Chapter 10 and an update to the character bios, finally including pics.

[spoiler='Chapter 9']

Chapter 9 – Being Left Alone, Part 1

Ayame had awoken to the blaring sound of her alarm. Instinctively, she sat upright, as though she were just struck by lightning, reached for her alarm, and hit the off button all in one hurried motion. She had done this hundreds of times before in the past; today was just another day. Her clock, reading the dreaded 7:45, slowly clicked, a mechanical whirring inside just barely audible. Why was her alarm set at this time on a Sunday morning? It was probably Michiko. She was getting into all sorts of trouble.

Ayame sluggishly threw on her traveling clothes, which consisted of a blue T-Shirt with “DA” written on the front, a red floral print mini-skirt, black tights with laced boots, and a straw traveling hat. She still wore all of her fancy jewelry, consisting of her lei and wristwatch. She had a big job ahead of her today. She was about to take on a superstar duelist and potentially join the world’s most popular dueling championship. But she couldn’t jump head first into the situation. She needed a warm-up. She got herself together and headed out the door. When she opened the door, she saw someone standing there. It was Michiko. She didn’t look too thrilled, as her face was full of discontent.

“Going somewhere, Ayame,” Michiko said.

“Yea, I was going to…uhh…grab some food,” Ayame lied.

“I was thinking about what you said last night. About how I said all those terrible things about my father.” She approached Ayame even closer. “What would you do if you were in the same situation? What would happen to you if your father left you in search of the ultimate power?”

“Michiko…please, don’t say anything about this anymore,” Ayame tried comforting her.

“Oh, that’s right, I forgot. You told me your story, so I do know what happened to your father. He left you, too!”

“Michiko, what’s gotten into you?” Ayame slowly felt something creeping into her mind, and the word was “anger”. Michiko was angry at the fact that Ayame saw right through her.

“You think you know everything, but you don’t know my life. You think you are a great duelist, but really, deep down, you’re just as scared as your father!”

Ayame felt something snap inside her. Her blood started boiling and adrenaline began coursing throughout her body. Ayame acted on impulse and lifted up her hand. In the next instant, Ayame brought her right hand across and it made contact with Michiko’s face. The sound of the impact could be heard echoing throughout the hallway. Michiko fell down, but she did look back up to her friend. Ayame was stunned, simply looking back and forth between her hand and her friend’s face. Ayame’s hand was red with blood. What had she just done? A tear began running down Ayame’s face and dripped to the floor.

“I’m sorry, Michiko. I’m so sorry…” Ayame said as she turned around, heading for the exit. What had she done? Ayame knew what would happen next. She kept turning back to her friend, but the only thing she saw was a glint in Michiko’s eyes. Then, her face degenerated itself into a look of sadness. Ayame continued towards the exit, putting the day’s plans in motion.

First off, if she needed to compete against the world’s greatest Dueling Champion, she would need to revamp her deck beyond conventional means. She got in her car and drove down towards the café. There was a still a tear in her eyes as she drove down the road. How could Michiko ever forgive her now?

It was 8:10 before Ayame got to the café. To her surprise, she found Kimiko sitting all by herself enjoying a glass of coffee. Kimiko looked over at Ayame, waved, without changing expressions, and resumed drinking her coffee.

“Kimiko. I never thought you’d be all the way out here,” Ayame said brightly, pulling up a chair right next to her friend. Kimiko didn’t respond for a while, still in the process of chugging down her coffee.

“I’ve really grown fond of the taste of coffee. Especially Cafe Breva, since it has a very rich taste.”

“I don’t like coffee,” Ayame replied slowly. “Hey, I’ve got a quick question for you. If you agree to duel me again, will you look over my deck and give it a few…umm…some “upgrades” before I do some running around today?”

“What’s the occasion today?”

“Well, umm…” Ayame was terrible at making up lies, but she needed to come up with one. “Last night, I got a call from someone who said he was looking to…umm…take on someone on in a duel. Rumor has it that the kid is a direct descendant from one of the legendary Duelists of our time.”

“I understand. Alright, I’ll look over it and do a quick practice match with you afterwards.”

Ayame nodded her head and took out her deck. She began placing her monster cards in one corner, her Spells and Traps in another corner, and her Synchro Monsters in another corner. She then proceeded to take out the cards in her Side Deck and put those in a separate pile. “Alright, first up I think would be the Side Deck pile. The first card is “Debris Dragon”,” Ayame said.

“Trash it. Not exactly the best fit for a Tuner monster, especially with your deck that runs Warriors and Beast-Warriors.”

Ayame placed the card to the side and picked up the next card. The two continued this process for the next hour or so. It felt like the time just flew by them.

Finally, Ayame’s new and improved deck was reassembled. Kimiko prepared to use her deck against a new and improved version of Ayame’s, hopefully. Kimiko had not forgotten how vulnerable she was in her last duel. She couldn’t afford that this time. Kimiko placed her deck to her right side of the table, and Ayame followed in a similar fashion. This was similar to the old way of dueling before there were duel disks, but the two didn’t care. The two played a game of Rock, Paper, and Scissors to decide who will go first, and Kimiko won, which shocked Ayame.

“Alright. It’s my turn.”

It was already 11:30 in the afternoon, and Kimiko had spent $40 in coffee already. Ayame had told Kimiko continuously to lay off the coffee. Moreover, she wondered how Kimiko could be dueling in the condition she was in, considering how much caffeine she had been drinking. Maybe that was the reason she couldn’t sleep at night. Ayame still had an hour and a half left before Ressen would show up. She couldn’t think of any better way to kill any more time. Then, Ayame saw someone approaching the café. It was Michiko! This could turn very ugly with Kimiko around. Michiko approached Ayame.

“Figures that I would find you here, with her,” Michiko declared, almost cutting away at the air with her harsh words. “All it took was one simple statement and you snapped into two. Some friend you’ve turned out to be.”

“Michiko,” Ayame pleaded.

“Save it! Ever since you became friends with Kimiko, you’ve been neglecting me. It’s all for her benefit. Well, I’ve had it!”

“Michiko! Listen to yourself. This is not you! This is the message that I’ve been trying to get across to you for so long,” Ayame said, standing from her chair and looking her friend straight in the eyes. The glint from before was gone, and was replaced with a burning fire of fierceness. “You would never say anything like that to your friend.”

“You’re right, I would never say that to a friend, which is why I am saying it now,” Michiko blurted. Kimiko stood up from her chair. “What? You’re actually going to defend her?”

“Kimiko,” Ayame whispered. “Don’t do it.”

“No one talks like that to Ayame,” Kimiko said, direct and harsh.

“You’ve got nerve for someone who can’t control her anger.” Kimiko’s face changed into that of extreme hatred. “Ahh, a face of discontent,” Michiko continued. “Did I pinch a nerve?”

“Kimiko!”

“Don’t interrupt, Ayame,” Michiko declared. “You’ve had your way for far too long. Now, Duel me! If I win, you pack your bags and get out of here, Kimiko.”

“Bold words,” Kimiko said triumphantly as she prepared her Duel Disk, “for someone who is about to lose.”

“You’ll see. You won’t stand a chance against me.”

“Michiko, listen to me,” Ayame said.

“Save it! I don’t want to listen anymore. I’m tired of being left alone. You’ve neglected me for far too long.”

“That’s just it, I haven’t!”

[b]Kimiko LP: 4000[/b]
[b]Michiko LP: 4000[/b]

The duel had already started.. If the situation got too out of hand, then Kimiko might end up destroying something with her “Splendid Rose”. She needed to stop this duel as soon as possible. “Michiko…” Ayame said to herself.

“The first move is mine,” Kimiko said.

“So make it,” Michiko retaliated.

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 6[/b]

“First off, I’m activating the “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Foolish_Burial"]Foolish Burial[/url]” Magic card to send “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Glow-Up_Bulb"]Glow-Up Bulb[/url]” to my Graveyard. Then, by sending the top card of my Deck to the Graveyard, I’m allowed to Special Summon “Glow-Up Bulb” from my Graveyard. [b] [/b]Next, I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Cliff"]Naturia Rock[/url]”. Now I tune my Level 1 “Glow-Up Bulb” with my Level 4 “Naturia Rock” in order to Synchro Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Beast"]Naturia Beast[/url]”! [b] [/b]Next, since “Naturia Rock” was sent to the Graveyard, I can Special Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Beans"]Naturia Beans[/url]” from my Deck in Defense Position. Your move.”

“You sure don’t waste time, do you? I draw!”

[b]Michiko Card Count: 6[/b]

Michiko analyzed her opening hand. “First off, by discarding “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Treeborn_Frog"]Treeborn Frog[/url]” from my hand, I can Special Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Swap_Frog"]Swap Frog[/url]” from my hand. Then, I can activate one of its abilities, allowing me to send one Level 2 or lower Water Attribute monster from my deck to the Graveyard. I choose my “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ronintoadin"]Ronintoadin[/url]”. Then, I Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Eria%2C_the_Water_Charmer"]Eria, the Water Charmer[/url]” from my hand in Defense Position. I then place one card facedown to end my turn.”

Why didn’t Michiko bring out her card? She had everything ready to Special Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Familiar_Possessed_-_Eria"]Familiar Possessed – Eria[/url]”. That facedown card must be something to change the outcome of this duel.

“Then, that makes it my turn,” Kimiko yelled.

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 5[/b]

“I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Cherries"]Naturia Cherries[/url]”! [b] [/b]I’m sure this will look familiar to you. I tune the Level 1 “Naturia Cherries” with my Level 5 “Naturia Beast”. “Witness the blooming beauty of the peaceful garden that once resided within the soul! Synchro Summon, Ultimate Beauty, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Splendid_Rose"]Splendid Rose[/url]”!

And there was the same gust of wind that Ayame was used to seeing. Somehow, she felt relieved that Kimiko’s ace monster was out on the field, but if Kimiko grew angrier with Michiko’s constant taunting, then Kimiko might end up hurting someone.

“Kimiko…you have to keep calm,” Ayame said to herself.

“Now, I’ll attack “Eria the Water Charmer” with my “Splendid Rose”. Attack with “Graceful Whip”!”

“Too predictable,” Michiko said as the thorns made contact with the water priestess. The water priestess was disintegrated into a hundred pixels. “I activate a Trap Card, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Miracle%27s_Wake"]Miracle’s Wake[/url]”. With this, the monster you just destroyed returns to the field. Come forth, “Eria the Water Charmer”.”

“Why go through the bother of trying to keep that monster out on the field? Michiko must be planning something,” Ayame thought to herself.

“Fine, keep your monster. In the meantime, I activate “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_Tree"]The World Tree[/url]” Spell Card.”

From behind Kimiko sprouted a large tree. It continued growing in size, until ultimately, the harsh wind blew all of the leaves and flowers off it. The “Naturia Beans” immediately hopped onto the tree branches.

“Whenever a Plant-Type monster on the field is destroyed, my tree sprouts one “Flower Counter”, and these Counters can be used to do all sorts of things. I’ll also end with a facedown card.”

Kimiko pushed the card into the card slot and looked over at Ayame. There must be a lot going through her mind, like trying to figure out how to make heads or tails of the situation that she was in.

“My move!”

[b]Michiko Card Count: 3[/b]

“Since I currently have no Spell or Trap cards on my side of the field, I can Special Summon “Treeborn Frog” from my Graveyard. [b] [/b]Now I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reese_the_Ice_Mistress"]Reese the Ice Mistress[/url]”. And now I shall tune the Level 2 “Reese the Ice Mistress” with my Level 2 “Swap Frog” and level 3 “Eria the Water Charmer”. Appear from beyond your fortress of ice, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gungnir%2C_Dragon_of_the_Ice_Barrier"]Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier[/url]”.

That’s why she kept “Eria the Water Charmer”. If she sent “Swap Frog” and “Eria the Water Charmer” to the Graveyard to Special Summon “Familiar Possessed – Eria”, she wouldn’t have met the conditions to Synchro Summon “Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier”. This was the second most powerful card in Michiko’s deck, as this card had the power to destroy cards on the field, rather than simply returning them to the hand, like some of the other “Dragon Ice Barrier” monsters.

“Now, I activate Gungnir’s ability. By ditching one card in my hand, I can destroy one card you control. I target “Splendid Rose” for this effect!”

At her command, the dragon opened its mouth and blasted Kimiko’s field, instantly solidifying the overgrown rose, disintegrating it into a hundred pixels.

“Now, attack Gungnir. Wipe out her “Naturia Beans”.”

“That was a foolish move. Once per turn, “Naturia Beans” can save itself from being destroyed. Furthermore, when “Naturia Beans” is selected as an attack target, after the Damage Step, you take 500 points of damage,” Kimiko said, with some sort of bile. Was she too feeling pain? A protective fruit barrier formed around the beans, saving them from being destroyed.

[b]Michiko LP: 3500[/b]

“I also activate my Trap, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ivy_Shackles"]Ivy Shackles[/url]”. During my turn, all of your monsters become Plant-Type monsters.”

“Fine. I place a facedown and end my turn.”

“My move then,” Kimiko said, drawing her card.

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 3[/b]

“Not so fast. I activate my Trap Card, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spiritual_Water_Art_-_Aoi"]Spiritual Water Art – Aoi[/url]”,” Michiko interrupted. “By Tributing my “Treeborn Frog”, I’m allowed to look at your hand, select one card from it, and send it straight to the Graveyard. So, reveal your hand!”

Kimiko revealed the three cards she had: “Fragrance Storm”, “Naturia Rosewhip”, and “Pollinosis”. Michiko thought for a while, and then made her decision.

“I choose “Fragrance Storm”. I knew what kind of strategy you would employ. Too bad, you’re not going to be able to use it.”

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 2[/b]

“Fine, since you know what monster I have in my hand, I suppose no introductions are necessary. Come out, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Rosewhip"]Naturia Rosewhip[/url]” in Defense Position![b] [/b]That’s all for now.”

“Then, my draw!”

[b]Michiko Card Count: 2[/b]

“Since I have no Spell or Trap cards on the field, I get my “Treeborn Frog” back from the Graveyard. Alright, Gungnir, attack “Naturia Rosewhip”!”

The dragon obeyed the girl’s command, slashing at the overgrown flower on Kimiko’s field. A pink and purple flower sprouted on Kimiko’s tree.

“There’s one “Flower Counter” for me. I wouldn’t attack my monsters if I were you.”

“Quiet down,” Michiko said abruptly.

“Michiko, please for goodness’ sakes, stop! There’s no reason to continue this duel,” Ayame tried calling out to her friend. “Listen, I know you are hurting, but we have always been through thick and thin, Michiko. Please…”

There was a long pause as Michiko hung her head. Then she lifted herself up, with a smile on her face. “Too little, too late.”

“I could say the same of you, Michiko. You should listen to your friend. She cares about you, that’s what friends do.”

“I’ve heard enough. How would you know what friends are like? You nearly destroyed our school in an act of rage! No one will befriend you if you are doing that!”

“Why would Ayame go out of her way, then?”

There was a long pause. Michiko scoffed. “I end my turn.”

“Figured as much,” Kimiko retaliated to her opponent.

“Since your monsters are still under the control of “Ivy Shackles”, they are treated as Plant-Type monsters. Did you honestly think that I only have one “Fragrance Storm” in my entire deck? Think again! I play “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fragrance_Storm"]Fragrance Storm[/url]” to destroy “Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier”.”

A fierce wind whipped up, and at the end of the torrent, the monster vanished, leaving only a red rose behind.

“Now, due to the effect of “Fragrance Storm”, I can draw one card. If that card happens to be a Plant-Type monster, I can show it to you and draw an additional card.”

“Well, wouldn’t you know it? I just drew “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Tulip"]Naturia Tulip[/url]”, which means I get to draw one more card.”

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 3[/b]

“I now Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rose%2C_Warrior_of_Revenge"]Rose, Warrior of Revenge[/url]”.”
A mystic fighter with a sword in hand appeared on the field. The holographic projection had fiery red hair and boasted extreme versatility.

[b]"[/b]Now, “Rose, Warrior of Revenge”, attack her “Treeborn Frog” with Rose Flurry Strike!”

The swordswoman dashed across the field and slashed the “Treeborn Frog” into two, leaving behind only a group of flowers.

[b]Michiko LP: 2000[/b]

“Also, when “Rose, Warrior of Revenge” deals battle damage to you, she can inflict some additional revenge, by taking away 300 more of your Life Points.

[b]Michiko LP: 1700[/b]

“And since your monsters were under the control of “Ivy Shackles”, another “Flower Counter” appears on my tree. Just one more to go…But before that happens, I need to do a little bit of tuning, with my Level 4 “Rose, Warrior of Revenge” and my Level 2 “Naturia Beans”. This should look familiar to you: after all, great duelists run two of the same great cards in their deck! Synchro Summon, Ultimate Beauty, “Splendid Rose”![b] [/b]I then end my turn.”

“My draw, then!”

“My “Treeborn Frog” just doesn’t want to go! Here he comes again! [b] [/b]I play the "[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Foolish_Burial"]Foolish Burial[/url]" Magic Card. This allows me to send "Fishborg Blaster" from my Deck to my Graveyard. Now, since I control a level 3 or lower monster, thanks to your help in destroying “Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier”, by ditching 1 card, I’m allowed to Special Summon “Fishborg Blaster” from the Graveyard. Now I tune my Level 1 “Fishborg Blaster” with my Level 1 “Treeborn Frog”. Clustering wishes will call out a new horizon! Become the path its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! The Power of Hope, Synchro Tuner, [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Formula_Synchron"]Formula Synchron[/url]!” When “Formula Synchron” is Synchro Summoned, I get to draw one card.”

“Then, I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Koa%27ki_Meiru_Sea_Panther"]Koa’ki Meiru Sea Panther[/url]”, and will tune it with my Level 2 “Formula Synchron” in order to Synchro Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Brionac%2C_Dragon_of_the_Ice_Barrier"]Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier[/url]”. Then, I activate “Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier’s” effect. By discarding one card in my hand, I can return one card on the field straight to its owner’s hand. I target “Splendid Rose” for this effect. And since Synchro Monsters aren’t allowed to go to your hand, the only other place they can go is back to the Extra Deck, meaning you’ll have to Synchro Summon your “Splendid Rose” all over again.”

The dragon swiped at the holographic “Splendid Rose”, upon which it returned to Kimiko’s Extra Deck.

“Now, “Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier” can move in for a direct attack. Use your “Hyper Ice Slash”!”

The dragon flew directly towards Kimiko. When it was in range, a mighty swipe from its claws made Kimiko fall over.

[b]Kimiko LP: 1700[/b]

Michiko laughed. “You’ve got nothing to protect you. Your field is wide open. Next turn, I’m going to get rid of you for good.”

Kimiko’s face became tense. She looked over at Ayame. There was only a single tear running down her cheek. Kimiko turned to her opponent. “This isn’t over yet,” Kimiko yelled. “Don’t you see that you are hurting your friend? I have no involvement with this; your problems need to be settled with her!”

“Humph. Don’t YOU see that you’re the reason that the three of us are in this mess?”

“Michiko,” Ayame yelled to her best friend. “Please, use some sense.”

“If you won’t listen to your friend, then maybe the power of my deck can help you hear,” Kimiko commented.

“Try all you like; you’re not getting near me. You’ve got “Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier” staring you down, and I can keep Special Summoning my “Treeborn Frog” from the Graveyard each Standby Phase,” Michiko stated. “Also, you’ve only got 1700 Life Points. One more direct attack and you’re finished. I place one card facedown and end my turn.”

Kimiko looked at her hand. “I need something to take down that dragon, but I can’t,” she thought to herself. “She might be right. I could be finished next turn. It seems that I underestimated her.”

Kimiko looked into her opponent’s eyes, and they burned with fury. Ayame sat in her chair, stunned. She was about to lose her dearest friend, her only family that she ever had, and it was all her fault.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Theme Music for this Chapter'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nNDAqiwzg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nNDAqiwzg[/url][/spoiler]

Archived