Personal Opinions on the rumored March 2008 Ban List

Are you afraid of what will happen on the ban list?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you afraid of what will happen on the ban list?

• YES! I CAN'T STAND THE SUSPENCE! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY'LL DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • No, I'll just work around it.
    • I don't really care, I play Traditional Format.
    • HAH! Who listens to that list anyway?
    • Whoa, when did they come out with a banlist?

Well, I'm losing my patience waiting for the ban list, plus I'm bored, so I decided to start this thread. Here we can share our feelings about each of the cards that are rumored to be Banned/Limited/Semi-Limited. If you're wondering where I got this, it's from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia.

So I'll start! Remember, this is my opinion. And on a side note, if I say something that sounds like I think it already happened, I'm trying to show my response IF it happens.

Semi-Limited:

Deck Devastation Virus

...Honestly, is there any point in doing this? It's a heavy cost to activate, and even when you DO activate it, it doesn't destroy any high ATK monsters. So did I miss any uber strong combo, or is the Japanese metagame being dumb?

Des Koala

Having only used it in video games, I really have no say in this. However, it is a nice card.

Dimensional Prison

FUN CARD! This doesn't really affect me though, I only have one.

Foolish Burial

If you're a noob, you'll be thinking, "Wow, that card sucks!" Heheh... no. There are a lot of good combos that go with this. I'll give two: the Dragon Lords is one of them. And don't forget about MANTICORE!

Just Desserts

FINALLY! You have no idea (or maybe you do) how annoying that card can be!

Metamorphosis

I see this with mixed reactions. I'm thinking on one side "Yay, I can summon Cyber Twin, Cyber End, and Neo Bubbleman". On the other side, I'm thinking "ZOMG Demise OTK!" Yeah, I'm unsure of this one...

Necroface

Well, the only way I see this actually goes well with is Gold Sarcophagus, which at this point in time, is INCREDIBLY rare! So, yeah I see no point in doing this to Necroface.

Light and Darkness Dragon

And just when I thought Chaos could stand a chance again... Although, I DO agree with this. I've never seen it in action, but it IS a good card.

Sakuretsu Armor

WHOA! Sakuretsu Armor, a truly feared card, has been restricted! I think it should be Limited though, because I don't see many people who run 3 in a Deck.

Secret Barrel

Take Des Koala. Illegally use Polymerization and merge it with Just Desserts, and you have Secret Barrel! You can see why I would be happy about this!

Okay, now to Limited, which can change a lot!

Advanced Ritual Art

And with that, Demise OTK takes one serious hit! That makes me happy because I've heard everyone gloat about their Demise Decks. Yeah, well GLOAT NOW!

Cyber Dragon

I am VERY happy about this for two reasons... The first could be that I lack Cyber Dragon. The second is because of the first, I find this card to be a serious nuisance. I mean it's not like anyone uses it for Fusion. What was Konami thinking when they made this card.

Lightning Vortex

After a long period of being off the list, Lightning Vortex comes back! I actually see this as more of a... Semi-Limit card since you can't use it if you have no hand.

Manticore of Darkness

Heheheh... if any of you use Manticore of Darkness... you guys are screwed! Manticore is useless with only one! I'm also glad that I may never see the loop in action!

Messenger of Peace

Don't you think they would have Limited this a LONG time ago? Honestly, 100 Life Points is too small of a cost!

Mobius the Frost Monarch and Raiza the Storm Monarch

OH! THEY JUST WEAKENED THE MONARCHS!! These are the two I'm really glad about because both have cost me a game before and I'm sure they've cost you a game also.

And now... for the moment we all hate... the FORBIDDEN LIST!

Cyber Blader

...Okay did I miss something? This is only good in it's lockdown, so if anything, I would Semi-Limit it.

Dark Magician of Chaos

They better not do that! If they do, all Spellcaster Decks (including my own) will fall apart!

Heavy Storm

I can see why they would do this, but Heavy Storm belongs on the Limited List! Nowhere else!

Level Limit - Area B

I actually pondered for a while why this alone and not Gravity Bind. Then it hit me... Tenkabito Shien and Wildheart can get past Gravity Bind. If any of you use Stall Decks, be prepared for a heavy hit.

Marshmallon

If they ban Marshmallon, I will tear them apart! Not only did I JUST get it, it is a key in anyone's Deck!

Mirror Force

Yay, now I don't have to worry about this card anymore.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Oh, no they aren't! This card is another key to my Deck!

Reasoning

...Why? I see nothing good in this card!

Reversal Quiz

Again, why? The OTK has already been weakened by the Limiting of Wall, so why ban this, too?

Spatial Collapse

If you're going to ban Cyber Blader, why ban this too? The two work hand in hand, not apart!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cyber dragon will NOT be limited cause cyber end will suffer horribly and they never will affect decks from the tv program. No monarchs will NOT be limited and i dont care how many people say they will its jus not going to happen. Heavy storm i think belongs on limited list and mirror force should definatly not be banned but limited.

Sakuretsu Armor

WHOA! Sakuretsu Armor' date=' a truly feared card, has been restricted![b'] I think it should be Limited though, because I don't see many people who run 3 in a Deck.[/b]

... What? How does that logically make sense? Why limit a card that no one decent runs in threes anyway?

By that, I meant that everyone i know runs it in twos so i see no point in semi-limiting it.

Sakuretsu Armor

WHOA! Sakuretsu Armor' date=' a truly feared card, has been restricted![b'] I think it should be Limited though, because I don't see many people who run 3 in a Deck.[/b]

... What? How does that logically make sense? Why limit a card that no one decent runs in threes anyway?

By that, I meant that everyone i know runs it in twos so i see no point in semi-limiting it.

So... by saying you though the card should be limited, you meant to say there was no point in semi-limiting it?

cyber dragon will NOT be limited cause cyber end will suffer horribly and they never will affect decks from the tv program. No monarchs will NOT be limited and i dont care how many people say they will its jus not going to happen. Heavy storm i think belongs on limited list and mirror force should definatly not be banned but limited.

They won't affect decks from the TV Program, huh? Well, I would like you to meet the following cards:

Elemental Hero Stratos

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Destiny Hero - Disk Commander

Destiny Hero - Malicious

The Gadgets

Jinzo

Dark Magician of Chaos

Monster Reborn

Scapegoat

Swords of Revealing Light

The pieces of Exodia

Marshmallon

Those have all been used sometime, right? Well, they're on the list!

no this aint real' date=' due to the limiting of cyber dragon they r removing a deck type (cyber dragon deck) and they never ban deck types (with the exception of chaos decks) as far as i know

[/quote']

Exchange FTK deck

Butterfly Dagger OTK deck

Tsukuyomi-MoF deck

Magical Scientist OTK deck

Cyber-Stein OTK deck

Victory Dragon ODK deck

Yata Lock deck

Makyura OTK deck

Last Turn deck

Cyber Dragon

I am VERY happy about this for two reasons... The first could be that I lack Cyber Dragon. The second is because of the first' date=' I find this card to be a serious nuisance. I mean it's not like anyone uses it for Fusion. What was Konami thinking when they made this card.

[/quote']

oh no Binky Boy, you missed with the wrong Dragon.

NOOBS ALL OVER THE INTERNET, CALLING NOOBS ALL OVER THE INTERNET.

Cyber Dragon will NEVER NEVER EVER be Limited, Semi-Limited or Banned cause they made far too many cards and support that basiclly over 50 cards will be unwanted if Cyber Dragon is even Semi-Limited.

Konami will never Limit Cyber Dragon, OK.

Cyber Dragon

I am VERY happy about this for two reasons... The first could be that I lack Cyber Dragon. The second is because of the first' date=' I find this card to be a serious nuisance. I mean it's not like anyone uses it for Fusion. What was Konami thinking when they made this card.

[/quote']

Cyber Dragon will NEVER NEVER EVER be Limited, Semi-Limited or Banned cause they made far too many cards and support that basiclly over 50 cards will be unwanted if Cyber Dragon is even Semi-Limited.

... Now I really hope they do ban it. :-D

Eh, the point in banning Cyber Dragon is that it allows bad players to be mindlessly agressive. No need to plan ahead, you got a 2100 attack monster burning in your hand, easily special summoned.

Cyber Dragon

[/quote']

Eh, the point in banning Cyber Dragon is that it allows bad players to be mindlessly agressive. No need to plan ahead, you got a 2100 attack monster burning in your hand, easily special summoned.

*facepalm* but so what, you still have to build the deck and if it is banned what will happen to-

Cyber End Dragon

Cyber Twin Dragon

and many many many more. think of the card and how it affects other cards before judging it.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Cyber Dragon

[/quote']

*facepalm* but so what, you still have to build the deck and if it is banned what will happen to-

Cyber End Dragon

Cyber Twin Dragon

and many many many more. think of the card and how it affects other cards before judging it.

They, too, should get the ban hammer.

Cyber Dragon

[/quote']

Cyber End Dragon

Cyber Twin Dragon

All of the Cyber Dragon fusions are banworthy. Then we can have Metamorphosis and Overload Fusion back at 3.

Except for the fact that the Cyber Dragon fusions have had it coming for a long time. The Cyber Dragon fusions have been used in the latter part of OTKs for some time now.

The Cyber fusions are the reason why people aren't capable of getting Metamorphisis unlimited(TER would be a reason but it's banned)

Archived