Personal Opinions on the rumored March 2008 Ban List

Are you afraid of what will happen on the ban list?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you afraid of what will happen on the ban list?

• YES! I CAN'T STAND THE SUSPENCE! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY'LL DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • No, I'll just work around it.
    • I don't really care, I play Traditional Format.
    • HAH! Who listens to that list anyway?
    • Whoa, when did they come out with a banlist?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I've never seen an argument over a card go this far!

All I'm saying is that I think the Normal Cyber Dragon should be Limited. Twin and End are strong, but not as great as Cyber Dragon, cause he causes mass swarm.

Also, the only Level 10s I see that are actually easy to play are Winged Kuriboh and Rainbow Neos.

I'll admit, Cyber Twin could be insanely easy to summon.

Plus, if Cyber Dragon does get out of hand, they WILL restrict it. Just look at what happened to Chaos... RIP Chaos :'(

And as for the Overload thing, I don't think that will EVER leave the ban list because if they do ban Cyber Dragon (not saying they will), there's still Proto-Cyber Dragon to deal with.

Guest Chaos Pudding

but it isn't going to work for the Cybers with the original' date=' have you seen them ban Avian or Dark Magician or any main card of a character? no.

[/quote']

Those are poor examples.

but it isn't going to work for the Cybers with the original' date=' have you seen them ban Avian or Dark Magician or any main card of a character? no.

[/quote']

Those are poor examples.

Indeed. Cards that wouldn't be banworthy regardless of the anime cannot be compared to cards that are banworthy.

lol ^_^ i know i was thinking but couldn't think of some.

Here are some for you:

Jinzo became one of Joey's trademark cards, and they had no problem Limiting him. Sinister Serpent was a key card in Solomon Muto's deck, and it was still banned. Thousand-Eyes Restrict was Pegasus's best card, and it was still banned. Change of Heart was Bakura's key card in Duelist Kingdom, and it got banned. Exchange of the Spirit was Ishizu's key card, and it was banned. Imperial Order was Lector's key card, and it was banned. Harpie's Feather Duster was one of Mai's trademarks, and it got banned too.

[/quote']

Those are poor examples.

Indeed. Cards that wouldn't be banworthy regardless of the anime cannot be compared to cards that are banworthy.

Here are some for you:

Jinzo became one of Joey's trademark cards' date=' and they had no problem Limiting him. Sinister Serpent was a key card in Solomon Muto's deck, and it was still banned. Thousand-Eyes Restrict was Pegasus's best card, and it was still banned. Change of Heart was Bakura's key card in Duelist Kingdom, and it got banned. Exchange of the Spirit was Ishizu's key card, and it was banned. Imperial Order was Lector's key card, and it was banned. Harpie's Feather Duster was one of Mai's trademarks, and it got banned too.

[/quote']

Oh! And don't forget Raigeki! Joey used that under Marik's control. And Yugi used Dark Hole in the Virtual Game.

[/quote']

Those are poor examples.

Here are some for you:

Jinzo became one of Joey's trademark cards' date=' and they had no problem Limiting him. Sinister Serpent was a key card in Solomon Muto's deck, and it was still banned. Thousand-Eyes Restrict was Pegasus's best card, and it was still banned. Change of Heart was Bakura's key card in Duelist Kingdom, and it got banned. Exchange of the Spirit was Ishizu's key card, and it was banned. Imperial Order was Lector's key card, and it was banned. Harpie's Feather Duster was one of Mai's trademarks, and it got banned too.

[/quote']

Oh! And don't forget Raigeki! Joey used that under Marik's control. And Yugi used Dark Hole in the Virtual Game.

don't and NEVER don't mix the anime with the real life!!!

they don't care if a banned card is from an anime char, they ban/limit the cards based on the way the card affects the metagame, if that card becomes highly abusive or limits the metagame evolution it's worth being banned, if kids gets OTK'ed several times they stop playing and that's bad for busines... specially when they do reeditions of the most popular cards (CP, DB, DR series)

but guys you are willing to ban an entire Theme and like 4 deffrient Decks just so you get that lousy Metamorphosis while you can still put one.

Kids These Days.

Lose one lousy deck type so I can take the nobleman out of my deck for Metamorphosis. Damn straight they should.

Honestly, i doubt this list will ever come out. But ill post my comments about them as well.

Semi-Limited:

Deck Devastation Virus

This card hurts any tool box deck. It is very powerful and has a large range. If this card makes the list, it well deserves it.

Des Koala

With all the new anti burn cards that were just released, dont even think about this card going anywhere.

Dimensional Prison

This is a good card, no hands down. I can see why it would get limited down to two. Gowever macro forces the side decking of this card.

Foolish Burial

This card is good, but i dont think its Limited worthy.

Just Desserts

Why? Again we have too many anti burn cards now.

Metamorphosis

This card wont make a reapperance. Just think of what damage can be done with this? Yubel, after destroying all cards, lvl up into the Final form than BEUD for victory? DOUBT IT! It would seriously make yubel decks much more competative though. And think about rainbow neos? Yeah.....

Necroface

Not worth the efforts, really.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Same as Necroface. Its good, but c'mon, anything that can get pumbled by a frog seriously wont get limited.

Sakuretsu Armor

Not worth it. People hardly play with attack stopers anymore, besides Mirrror force. Its all about the counter age. Seriously, if theres no opposing monsters, whats the point of blocking NOBODYS attack?

Secret Barrel

Too many anti burn, not gonna happen.

Limited

Advanced Ritual Art

Na, Semi at best.

Cyber Dragon

Hmmm, I can see it, but not realy. Honestly i think Dasher should be in this spot.

Lightning Vortex

Na, Its not worth it. Hand advantage is in now, no point limiting a card that takes that away.

Manticore of Darkness

yeah right, while there at it lets get rid of all the ultra rare Orriginal combos starting with Marauding Captain.

Messenger of Peace

LOL why? Almost no monster that can attack today get bllocked by this. (lvl 4 and lower)

Mobius the Frost Monarch and Raiza the Storm Monarch

Monarchs will never get limited, sorry Just dont see it happining. I dont like the monarchs either, but lets face fact. as long as you stay aggresive, and plan smartly, you'll win.

FORBIDDEN!

Cyber Blader

NO WAY.

Dark Magician of Chaos

It was inevitable, this has got to be hands down the greaest 2 trib monster that you may actualy 2 trib for. Free spell, and rfg all monsters it wins against.

Heavy Storm

Na.

Level Limit - Area B

Na.

Marshmallon

Nope

Mirror Force

Na.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Why? it gets play in what dark gaia decks now? not too much else. Its a great card and all, but easily beaten.

Reasoning

I can see limitation, but not banning. This card is great for a free summon. Cant argue wit that.

Reversal Quiz

With all the cards that send things to the top of the deck, this could be game winable now.

Spatial Collapse

Just not gonna happen.

Cyber Dragon

Hmmm' date=' I can see it, but not realy. Honestly i think Dasher should be in this spot.[/quote']

Why Dasher?

Dasher-

DestinyHero-DasherDP05-EN-C.jpg

Well as for Dasher it has an ATK of 2100 like Cydra but athought you cant Special Summon it easily it can rocket it's ATK to 3100 just under Shinato but capable of destroying BEWD and many others unlike Cydra.

Besides you forget the effect which enables it to Special Summon one monster, thought only once it should be in your Graveyard so here is something you can do with it-

Increase the ATK to 3100, inflict massive LP Damage to your opponent then when it is in defence it gets destroyed easily making it easy to Special Summon a monster.

so?? you must draw the monster DURING YOUR DRAW PHASE to special summon it... and what about drawing only spells and traps for the next 6 turns?? (it happens a lot)

it's pointless to limit cards that lighten your hand and field like that...

Like i said with Reversal quiz. There are alot of cards that just go to the top of the deck, and alot of cards that places ontop of the deck. Here is one example ive seen done. A turn later my friend Used Diamond dude and got off Feather of the pheonix. Now he drew. Used diamond dude again, Vortex. He sacked for Dasher. Pumped for 3100 Attacked directly. He used sangan, got snipe hunter. Than during main phase 2 He used Feather to throw DMOC ontop his deck. I drew, Premature. I summoned Obnoxious celtic guard. (Fun deck! XP) So i beat up the dasher, Knowing i had Bottomless down. I end. He drew, and of course Summoned the Dmoc, I chained, he bribed me. Game over, im sure you can guess what happened next.

Plus in tournaments Dasher Creates problems because of its once per duel rule. How are you suposed to be able to verify Which Dasher got its effect off, and which didint, unless you can only guarentee One dasher is alive. Isint that the reason they had Twin headed Limited for so long? To not create confusion as to which Twin actualy got its rocks off and which didn't?

Cyber Dragon

Hmmm' date=' I can see it, but not realy. Honestly i think Dasher should be in this spot.[/quote']

Why Dasher?

Dasher-

I know what Destiny Hero Dasher is. Obviously I knew everything about it, it's effect, attack, defense, typing, attribute, since I asked why you would consider the card broken.

Well as for Dasher it has an ATK of 2100 like Cydra but athought you cant Special Summon it easily

Stop right there. The reason Cyber Dragon is vastly superior to Dasher is because of how easily it can be special summoned. Those 2100 attack points can hit the field relatively quickly, while Dasher needs a trib.

it can rocket it's ATK to 3100 just under Shinato but capable of destroying BEWD and many others unlike Cydra.

Because Attack Points > Everything?

You'd willingly give up your field advantage just for a measly 1000 attack points? Yeah, Pro Move right there.

Honestly, the only thing that would be worth tribbing for Dasher's effect would be either Treeborn Frog or DD Survivor/Scout Plane, and even then, tribbing them for a Monarch would be much better.

Besides you forget the effect which enables it to Special Summon one monster,

Because there's anything metagame status worth special summoning from your hand? Monarchs don't get effects, Breaker doesn't get this counter. The only cards worth SS-ing are Stratos and DMoC, both limited cards.

Honestly, the only ways Dasher could possibly be considered good on a competitive level would be if you didn't have Treeborn Frog in the grave, and you just so happened to top-deck a Sangan or something like that.

thought only once it should be in your Graveyard so here is something you can do with it- Increase the ATK to 3100, inflict massive LP Damage to your opponent then when it is in defence it gets destroyed easily making it easy to Special Summon a monster.

1: It doesn't automatically increase. You have to give up your advantage by giving up a monster. Also being a high level monsters prevents

2: Life Points are negligible until they reach zero.

3: You give up 2 monster, in hopes of top decking into something good. If you give up a monster that comes back once per turn like Scout Plane, Survivor, or Frog... well, a Monarch would have actually... you know... gotten you some advantage.

well but these useless 1000 ATK could make you win.

They could also NOT help you win! See how that works?

besides even if nor many cards have S.S related effects deosn't mean it's bad if you S.S monsters like BEWD and LaDD and many others. then you can Normal Summon another monster.

LaDD doesn't work that way. Read the card.

Second of all, lol, Blue Eyes. Dasher is pretty helpful there, I'll give you that, however why inhibit the already terribly weak BEWD deck-type?

The point is, very few people main or side Dasher in the competitive metagame. The only people who would find Dasher useful are the non-competitive decks. So... why ruin the fun for them?

cyber dragon will NOT be limited cause cyber end will suffer horribly and they never will affect decks from the tv program. No monarchs will NOT be limited and i dont care how many people say they will its jus not going to happen. Heavy storm i think belongs on limited list and mirror force should definatly not be banned but limited.

They won't affect decks from the TV Program' date=' huh? Well, I would like you to meet the following cards:

Elemental Hero Stratos

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Destiny Hero - Disk Commander

Destiny Hero - Malicious

The Gadgets

Jinzo

Dark Magician of Chaos

Monster Reborn

Scapegoat

Swords of Revealing Light

The pieces of Exodia

Marshmallon

Those have all been used sometime, right? Well, they're on the list!

[/quote']

fair enough but cyber dragon is the main card of one of the main characters

Archived