Yu-Gi-Oh! Numbered Days [IC/Started/Accepting]

Barian Warlord

Lance was a bit taken aback by his opponent's first turn.
"[color=#DAA520]Impressive, but now it's my turn![/color]" Lance said drawing from his deck. "[color=#DAA520]I lose 500 Life Points now because of your Countdown to Destruction. Next, I'll summon my monster, Arthur's Descendant.[/color]" A war torn man materialized on the field wearing heavy gold armor and a cape.
"[color=#DAA520]His effect allows him to gain 500 extra ATK when my Life Points are lower than yours. Now, I'll have him attack your Hummingbird.[/color]" The warrior jumped high into the air, and came down smashing his fist into the bird's face.
"[color=#DAA520]Finally, I'll set two cards face-down and end my turn.[/color]"

Life: 3500
Hand: 3
Monsters: Arthur's Descendant
S/T: 2 facedowns
Grave: 0
Deck: 34

[spoiler='Cards Used']Arthur's Descendant
LIGHT
Warrior/Effect
During your Main Phase, while your opponent's Life Points are higher than yours, increase the ATK of this card by 500 until your End Phase.
ATK 1800/DEF 2000
[/spoiler]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kazuya chuckled at his opponent slightly, as he saw the 3 face downs. They weren't a threat to him.He knew what he was doing.

[color=#008080]"My turn. Draw."[/color]

Kazuya had drawn another good card. This would be a good turn for him, provided there was nothing with a secret effect in his hand.

[color=#008080]"I'll start by summoning Torn Hellhound, in attack position. Then I'll activate my spell card Distortion Sealing Wave. I can only activate this card if I have a face up Torn monster on my field, but it means that no spell or traps can be activated until your end phase. Then i'll attack your Chameleon soldier."[/color]

Kazuya smirked again. To him, his opponent was pathetic at best. And Kazuya hadn't even revealed Hellhounds ability yet. Laughing, mocking the opponent, he watched Hellhound destroy the Reptile in one bite.

[color=#008080]"Now i'll activate Hellhounds ability, letting me summon a monster from my deck who's attack points are equal to or less than the attack points of your Chameleon. So i'll be summoning my Torn Spellbinder. Attack him directly now! Then i'll set two cards face down, that'll be all. Think you can top that?"[/color]

Kazuya chuckled again. Torn Spellbinder turned and looked at him for a monent, as the turn ended. [i][color=#008080]Not yet. We're not going to do that just yet. Lets see what this guy thinks he can do first.[/color][/i]

Life: 4000
Monsters: Torn Hellhound, Torn Spellbinder
S/T: 2 face down
Deck: 36

[spoiler='Cards used']Torn Hellhound
DARK, Level 4, Fiend, 1900 atk/0 def
If this card attacks, or is attacked, special summon a 'Torn' monster from your deck who's atk is equal to or less than the battle damage taken from either player.

Torn Spellbinder
Dark, Level 2, Fiend/Tuner, 1000 atk/ 0 def
If you have a spell card in your hand, spell cards cannot be activated. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. During your end phase, you can discard a Spell card from your hand, and tribute this card. Special summon one 'Torn' monster whos level is equal to or less than the combined levels of all monsters on the field.

Distortion Sealing Wave
Activate only if there is a face up Torn monster on the field. Spell or Trap cards cannot be set or played until your opponents next end phase. You can banish this card from the graveyard, and one spell card in your hand, to activate a spell card whilst this card is still in effect.[/spoiler]

[color=#0000cd]"I knew you would have some sort of response to my attack,"[/color] Dylan replied, [color=#0000cd]"My attack was a lure, to see what it might be."[/color] Dylan watched his monster take a defensive stance (DEF 0). [color=#0000cd]"Forcing it to defend? Oh I'm sure I can find a way to deal with that."[/color] Dylan's voice was calm, which reflected his mood. His opponent technically had the advantage, but it was still early in the duel, so that was likely to change, and he wasn't desperate to win this duel. Sure, that number card might be hissing at him to do so, but what Dylan truly wanted didn't need the numbers card to obtain. [color=#0000cd]"I'll place two cards of my own face-down,"[/color] he continued, [color=#0000cd]"and I think that will do for now. You seem to be desperate to win. Maybe you should being out your Number card."[/color]

LPs: 4000
Field: Abyss Knight (DEF 0), 2 f/d

Hawk finally realized that it must be his number card making him want to win, no matter what. He decided to the influence of his number card, and stood up with a smirk.

[color=#ff0000][b]"All right,"[/b][/color] Hawk said to another person near him.[color=#ff0000][b] "Let's duel!"[/b][/color] He activated his duel disk, and so did his opponent.

[color=#ff0000][b]"I guess you don't talk much. That's fine with me, this duel will just end much quicker!"[/b][/color] Hawk waited for a reply, expecting his opponent to try and prove him wrong. His opponent just gave an intimidating smile, and Hawk did the same. Okay, you can go first! His opponent looked slightly confused, as he was one who thought it was always best to go first.

[i][color=violet]Well that was a dumb move,[/i][/color] Tari thought.

[b][color=violet]"I play my face-down Dark Illusion, with this I negate and destroy your Ex-Quip Bee,"[/b][/color] she said.

The bug's attack hit her Obsidian Dragon but, rather than destroying it, the dragon stayed intact and kept the opponent's monster at bay.

[b][color=violet]"And since my dragon wasn't destroyed you can't use your number's effect,"[/b][/color] Tari grinned in satisfaction.

Her opponent finished his turn, allowing Tari to take her own.

[b][color=violet]"I summon Armageddon Knight in attack mode!"[/b][/color] She said, a dark warrior taking its place next to Dark Grepher [b][color=violet]"And with his effect I send Dark Horus from my Deck to my Graveyard."[/b][/color]

Another card slid out from Tari's duel disk and she sent it to her graveyard slot.

[i][color=violet]That's 5 monsters in my grave, perfect,[/i][/color] she thought [i][color=violet]Now the fun can begin.[/i][/color]

[b][color=violet]"I overlay Armageddon Knight, Dark Grepher and Obsidian Dragon!"[/b][/color] she said, the three monsters transforming into blobs of dark purple energy and flying up into the sky only to strike the ground and begin to open a dark hold within it [b][color=violet]"I use these 3 monsters to construct the overlay network. Now Exceed Summon! Rise Number 52: Corruption!"[/b][/color]

What looks like a mass of ancient metal in the shape of an hour glass emerged from the hold the monsters had created, 3 orbs of light circling around it. Once it emerged it began to change, the layers of metal shifting before a pair of arms burst from within it and the top opened up to reveal a head wrapped in bandages, a glowing number 52 appearing on its hip. At the same time, the same glowing number appeared on the palm of Tari's left hand.

[b][color=violet]"Now here's where things get messy,"[/b][/color] Tari began [b][color=violet]"I detach an overlay unit from Corrpution in order to activate his effect!"[/b][/color]

Corruption reached out and grabbed one of the floating orbs in his hand, crushing it.

[b][color=violet]"With this effect I can Summon Dark Nephthys from out of play,"[/b][/color] Tari said [b][color=violet]"And as an added bonus she can't be destroyed by card effects this turn!"[/b][/color]

Corrpution spread both arms wide, openeing up a black portal in front of him from which a dark, metellic bird with flaming black wings and tail emerged from within, letting out a loud screach as it emerged.

[b][color=violet]"And now Nephthys has a trick of her own,"[/b][/color] Tari explained [b][color=violet]"When she's Special Summoned I can destroy 1 face-down spell or trap card on the field. Nephthys, do it!"[/b][/color]

Dark Nephthys eyes glowed and she let out another screech, flapping her wings and sending a wave of fire towards one of her opponent's face down cards.

[b][color=violet]"And now, Corrpution attack Number 42: Breaker Beetle, after which Dark Nephthys will attack you directly!"[/b][/color]

Hand: 1
Field: Number 52: Corruption (ATK: 2400) (OU 2) Dark Nephthys (ATK: 2400)
S/T: 1x f/d
RFG:
Grave: 7

[spoiler=cards used]
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101030050517/yugioh/images/thumb/1/1d/DarkIllusionSDMA-EN-C-1E.jpg/300px-DarkIllusionSDMA-EN-C-1E.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100725065435/yugioh/images/thumb/4/4d/ArmageddonKnightTU01-EN-R-UE.jpg/300px-ArmageddonKnightTU01-EN-R-UE.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/TotalObelisk/Yugioh/Cards/Number52Curruption.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080601182907/yugioh/images/thumb/b/b3/DarkNephthysPTDN-EN-UR-1E.png/300px-DarkNephthysPTDN-EN-UR-1E.png[/img][/spoiler]

Diablo left the group after a new member appeared from the streets. He wandered back down the abandoned tunnel until he reached the location of the Numbers Tournament, where duels had already begun taking place. He chuckled, believing all he saw to be futile and unworthy to duel him. Then from behind him came a femenine voice. He turned around slowly, seeing a tall, delicate looking woman with a rose coloured duel disk. She was shuffling her deck and looking at Diablo with a determined look.
"Umm... will you.. umm... duel me?"
Diablo nearly laughed out loud.[color=#696969] "You?! Duel Me?! I don 't have time for such... immbeciles like you! I- b****"[/color]
Suddenly the form of Diablo glowed brightly as he swore out loud. The light engulfed him and a new figure emerged. Instead of Diablo stood Lumia, another delicate looking girl. She smiled pleasently at the duelist, ignoring her wide gaping mouth and confused eyes.
[color=#FF8C00]"I however, do wish to duel you!" [/color]Lumia activated her duel disk quickly and winked. [color=#FF8C00]"Let's Duel! You take the first move!"[/color]
[color=#696969]"B****"[/color] repeated Diablo in her head.

Ranma124's opponent
[color=#00FF00]Fine punk I'll go first, I'll start by setting 1 monster card face down then I'll be setting 2 cards face down and I'll be ending my turn so why on't you just give up![/color]
Mon: 1 F/D (DEF 0)
S/T: 2

Lance's opponent
[color=#DAA520]Before my turn starts I'll activate Good Reaction to Simochi with it instead of taking effect damage I will gain life instead then I'll summon Easter Gardna in defense position and set a card before ending my turn.[/color]
Life: 5500
Mon: Easter Gardna (DEF 1800)
S/T: Countdown to Destruction, Good Reaction to Simochi, 2 FD
Grave: 1

Kazuya's opponent
[color=#008080]I'll start things off by summoning Chameleon Spy to your side of the field then summon Chameleon Shinobi to mine then I'll change him to fire followed by an attack to the Spy I put on your side of the field, then I'll activate my Burning Forge to increase his ATK by 500 so that is 1600 points of damage to you, then I'll end my turn.[/color]
Life: 3000
Mon: Chameleon Shinobi (ATK 1600+500=2100), opponents field-Chameleon Spy (ATK 500)
S/T: Burning Forge, 2 FD

Dylan's opponent
[color=blue]First I'll equip my Gluttonous Eater with Knife and Fork, then I'll summon my Illusion Beast then using its effect I'll send 2 cards from my hand to the Graveyard to summon 2 more level 1 monsters from my deck but with 0 ATK and DEF The Three monsters will open the Overlay network! Xyz Summon Appear, Number 83: Galaxy Queen, then I'll use her effect by removing 1 Overlay Unit so I'll be doing peircing damage I'll attack your defense monster with Gluttonous Eater and with Knife and Fork's effect you take damage equal to the destroyed monsters ATK, not only that but he will be doing peircing damage for game.[/color]
Hand: 0
Mon: Gluttonous Eater (ATK 1600), Number 83: Galaxy Queen (DEF 500)
S/T: Knife and Fork, 1 FD
Grave: 3

Hawk's opponent
[color=red]First I'll summon Air Sphere then I'll play double summon and will also summon Breeze Sphere I'll follow this with 2 face downs and end my turn, oh and with my two spheres you can't attack.[/color]
Mon: Air Sphere (DEF 300), Breeze Sphere (DEF 1000)
S/T: 2 FD

Tari's opponent
[b][color=violet]I'll set 1 monster face down and end my turn, you may have the edge but I'm about to turn this around![/color][/b]
Life: 900
Hand: 2
Mon: 1 FD
S/T: 1
Grave: 4

Diablo's opponent
[color=#FF8C00]I'll start but summoning my Colorless Soldier then I'll set two cards face down, and with my monsters effect you can't declare an attack unless you control more then 1 attribute.[/color]
Mon: Colorless Soldier (ATK 1400)
S/T: 2FD

[spoiler=cards used]Good Reaction to Simochi
Continuous Trap
burn turns to life gain

Easter Gardna
LV 4 / Earth / Warrior / Effect
ATK 1200 / DEF 1800
When this card would be destroyed increase opponents life by 500 instead.

Chameleon Spy
LV 1 / Dark / Reptile / Effect
ATK 500 / DEF 500
This card can be Special Summoned onto your opponents side of the field. When this card is tributed the Monster Card Zone it was in cannot be used while this card is in the Graveyard.Once per turn you can change this cards attribute. While this card is in the Graveyard its Attribute is the same as it was on the field.

Chameleon Shinobi
LV 4 / Dark / Reptile / Effect
ATK 1600 / DEF 1400
Once per turn you can change this cards attribute. While this card is in the Graveyard its Attribute is the same as it was on the field. Once per turn when a Reptile-Type monster you control is selected as an attack target you can negate the attack.

Burning Forge
Normal Trap
When a Fire-type monster you control declares an attack increase its ATK by 500.

Knife and Fork
Equip
only for Gluttonous Eater, deal damage to opponent equal to a monster he equips' ATK.

Illusion Beast
LV 1 / Wind / Beast / Effect
ATK 0 / DEF 0
Once per turn you can send 1 or more cards from your hand to the graveyard to summon the same number of monsters from your deck with 0 ATK and DEF.

Colorless Soldier
LV 4 / None / Warrior / Effect
ATK 1400 / DEF 1100
As long as this card remains face up on the field if your opponent has a monster with an attribute on the field they must control monsters with more then 1 attribute in order to declare an attack.[/spoiler]

[color=#FFA500]"During your end phase, I activate my new facedown card, Royal Decree, which will shut down all trap cards. My turn, Draw. I am going to start by summoning Delta Flyer to the field in attack mode, next, I use the effect of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to summon Totem Dragon to the field from my graveyard. Delta Flyer's effect activates, to increase Totem Dragon's level by one, so both are level three monsters. You know what happens next, I overlay Totem Dragon and Delta Flyer to Xyz summon Number 17: Leviathan Dragon. Now his effect activates, removing one of his overlay materials, Totem Dragon, to increase his attack by 500. Finally, one of my facedown spell cards activates, Nobleman of Crossout, which will destroy and remove from play that facedown monster of yours, and if it was a flip effect monster, all other copies of it are removed from play from our decks. Battle, Number 17: Leviathan Dragon attacks Number 20: Ant Soil Brilli-Ant, and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon attacks you directly."[/color]

Silke: 4000
Monsters: Battle Fader(0/0 DEF mode), Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon(4500/3800 ATK mode), Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon(2800/2400 ATK mode), Number 17: Leviathan Dragon(2500/0 ATK mode, One overlay)
S/T: 2 fd cards, Royal Decree, Future Fusion (One turn before Five-Headed Dragon)

Dylan paused for a moment.[color=#0000cd] "So, this is your Number monster? Interesting."[/color] As the fiend began it's attack, Dylan tapped a button, and set Spell lifted up. [color=#0000cd]"I activate my face down Binding Dive. This card lets me send one of my Sea Serpents and one of your monsters to the graveyard, and then I get to draw a brand new card. I'll be sending my Abyss Knight and your Gluttonous Eater to the grave, rendering your attack null and void."[/color] He chuckled. [color=#0000cd]"Pride comes before a fall. Did you seriously think that neither of my face-down cards would be able to prevent your attack?"[/color] [i]Or was it that number card clouding his judgement?[/i]

Life points: 4000
Hand: 3 (to 4)
Field: Abyss Knight (to grave), Binding Dive, 1 f/d.
Grave 0 (to 1)

[spoiler=new cards]Binding Dive
Quick-play Spell
Send 1 Sea Serpent-Type monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls to the Graveyard, then draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

Tari gave a satisfied smirk at her opponent's comment.

[b][color=violet]"Will you now?"[/color][/b] She said mischeivously [b][color=violet]"And I suppose that monster has something to do with it, right? Well either way it's my turn now!"[/color][/b] Tari drew a new card from her deck, adding it to her hand.

[i][color=violet]Let's see,[/color][/i] she pondered, looking down at her hand [i][color=violet]So many ways I could end this now. Of course I probably shouldn't take his face down monster too lightly, if he's so confident that it'll help him then I'll just have to mess with his expectations.[/color][/i]

[b][color=violet]"I summon Phantom of Chaos!"[/color][/b] Tari declared, a swirling vortex of darkness appearing on her field. [b][color=violet]"And with its effect I remove Shadowpriestess of Ohm from my grave..."[/color][/b] The vortex shifted, a shape rising up from it and taking the form of an entirely black Shadowpriestess of Ohm [b][color=violet]"...Allowing my Phantom to gain the same stats and effect as my shadowpriestess, that effect allowing me to tribute any number of DARK monsters per turn and inflict 800 damage to you for each one."[/color][/b] Tari's grin broadened sligtly [b][color=violet]"Bye-bye now. I play the effect of Phantom Shadowpriestess of Ohm, sending itself and my Dark Nephthys to the graveyard to take out the rest of your life points!"[/b][/color]

The two monsters Tari declared where both consumed by a raging black fire which shot towards Tari's opponent.

Field: Number 52: Corruption (ATK: 2400) (OU 2)
S/T: 1x f/d
RFG: 1
Grave: 8

[spoiler=cards used][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080319234753/yugioh/images/thumb/0/05/PhantomofChaosGLAS-EN-SR.jpg/300px-PhantomofChaosGLAS-EN-SR.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080601184137/yugioh/images/thumb/2/22/ShadowpriestessofOhmPTDN-EN-R-1E.png/300px-ShadowpriestessofOhmPTDN-EN-R-1E.png[/img][/spoiler]

Track watched his opponent complete his turn by placing a monster in face down defence position and two face downs. Track stared at the face down monster and the two face down cards. He thought to himself. " Does cards might be dangerous. So i better make sure that im safe." Track drew one card. [color=#00ff00]" Okay i draw." [/color]Track looked at his hand and smiled.[color=#00ff00] " Okay i activate the spell card Mecha Explosives. You see by discarding two Mecha monsters from my hand to the grave i can destroy all spell and trap cards you control. So i discard my Mecha Worker and my Mecha Supporter. And when my Mecha Worker is discarded and sent to the graveyard i get to special summon him to the field In attack mode. And guess what when my Mecha Supporter is dicarded because i have a Mecha monster on the field i get to draw two cards. Now i normal summon my Mecha Swordsman. Now my swordsman will atack your face down. And his effect detsroys your defence position monster without applying damage calculation. Now Mecha Worker attack his life points directly. Now i end my turn with a face down."[/color]

Life points: 4000
Field: Mecha Swordsman {1600ATK}
Mecha Worker {1300ATK}
One face down.
Hand: 4

Kazuya laughed at the opponents attempts to attack him. Smiling, he mocked his foe again.

[color=#008080]"You really think that'll work? Ha!" [/color]Kazuya pulled a card out of his spell and trap zone. A trap card, and an evil one at that. His foe had given him a Dark type monster, and Kazuya didn't intend on changing attributes any time soon.

[color=#008080]"First of all, using Distortion Sealing Wave to tribute your Spy and be able to activate a Trap card. I am well aware of your spy's effect, I don't care. Well my trap card Distortion Barrier should seal your fate. Now I can Discard a torn monster from my hand to destroy your monster."[/color]

Kazuya looked upon his opponent. He had no protection, and only two face downs to try and stop Kazuya's attack. One of Kazuya's monster zones was crippled, but he didn't need a field full of monsters to win.

[color="#008080"]"My turn. I'll start by tributing Torn Hellhound in order to summon Torn Warmonger. Next I'll activate my Torn Spellbinders effect, Discarding a spell card and sending itself to the graveyard. This lets me summon another Torn Warmonger from my deck, since the total levels of all monsters on the field are 6. Now I'll activate their effects. I can Banish a Torn monster from the graveyard to decrease one of my warmongers attack points by that amount. For every 600, I destroy a card on the field. Banishing Torn Hellhound, I decrease a Warmongers attack points by 1900, and get rid of your three face downs."[/color]

Kazuya smirked again. Everything was ready, the requirements had been met. It was time to unveil his number.

[color=#008080]"I overlay my warmongers, and create the overlay network! Xyz summon, Number 81: Distortion Dragon!"[/color]

As the spiralling space/time rift opened up, the figure revealed itself, as a grey ball of energy. Daunting wings and arms appeared out of the side, and the black spikes coming out of its elbows revealed that it wasn't a gimmick. Its long neck penetrated the front of the ball, as it reared its ugly head. The orb embedded into its chest started to glow, and the space around itself seemed to be unstable.

[color=#008080]"How do you like Number 81? If you think you're scared now, lets just activate his ability and see what happens. You see, I can send one of his Xyz material to the graveyard, to summon a monster with attack less than the Xyz material."[/color]

The dragons orb glowed even brighter, and turned a dark red, as the area around them did also. A rift opened up, where the Xyz material flew into. Out of it arrived Torn Spellbinder, back from the graveyard. Kazuya saw it as the time to end the duel.

[color=#008080]"I'd really love to duel you longer to make things interesting, but I have places to be. Plus you're boring me. Distortion Dragon, attack him Directly. You too Spellbinder."[/color]

Field: Number 81: Distortion Dragon (2800/0), Torn Spellbinder (1000,0)
[spoiler='Cards used']Distortion Barrier
Activate this card only if you have a face up 'Torn' monster on your side of the field. Destroy 1 card on the field.
Torn Warmonger
DARK, Level 6, Fiend, 2000 atk/ 0 def
Once per turn, you can banish one monster in your graveyard. Decrease this cards attack by the attack of the removed monster. For every 500 atk, destroy 1 card on the field.
Number 81: Distortion Dragon
Dark, Rank 6 Dragon/Xyz, 2800 atk/0 def
2 Level 6 monsters
This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except by another 'Numbers' card. Once per turn, you can remove one Xyz material from this card; Special summon a 'Torn' monster from your deck whos atk is equal to or less than the atk of the removed Xyz material.[/spoiler]

Hawk smiled as his turn started.

[color=#ff0000][b]"I draw!"[/b][/color] Hawk drew his card, and began making his move.

[color=#ff0000][b]"First off, I'll summon Hawk Soldier! With his effect, I summon sacred crane from my hand. Now, due to my sacred crane being special summoned, I get to draw 1 more card from my deck."[/b][/color] Hawk paused after his draw.

[color=#ff0000][b]"If I use this I can get rid of his two monsters..."[/b][/color] He thought.

[color=#ff0000][b]"I activate ultra bird storm! With this card, since there are 3 or more winged beasts on the field, I can send your 2 monsters to the graveyard. Now, hawk soldier and sacred crane, attack him!"[/b][/color] Hawk grinned, and he finished his turn with 1 face down.

Field: Hawk Soldier [1800 ATK] | Sacred Crane [1600 ATK]
[spoiler= [b]Cards used[/b]]
Hawk Soldier
Level 4 / Wind / Winged Beast / Effect
ATK 1800 / DEF 1200
When this card is Normal Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Winged Beast-Type monster from your Hand.

[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/index.php?title=Sacred_Crane&image=SacredCraneDR2-EN-C-UE-jpg"][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090128043052/yugioh/images/thumb/8/84/SacredCraneDR2-EN-C-UE.jpg/184px-SacredCraneDR2-EN-C-UE.jpg[/img][/url]

Ultra Bird Storm
Normal | Spell
When there are 3 or more Winged Beast-Type monsters on the Field: send 2 cards your opponent controls to the Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

Neku hurried to get out of the mass of people gathering there. He found a place when he could at least hear his thoughts. He looked around and then made a decision.He just shuffled his deck a little, activated his duel disk and then shouted:

[color=#ff8c00]DUEL![/color]

A guy just turned around and also activated his duel disk.

[color=#ff8c00]Alright, let see what you got! Why dont you start?[/color]

[center][center]♫...[i]And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had...[/i]♫[/center][/center]

Around and around the words of the song swirled around Rina's head, her mind imagining a broken tune vainly trying to catch up with the words she knew so well. She had only heard the song a couple of times, on a radio that worked only half of the time, but it had been enough. The song had struck a chord in the young Rina Tsukuda, resounding deeply within for only one reason: it seemed to describe her entire existence.

[center][center][i]♫ ...I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World... [/i]♫[/center][/center]

And so it was. Take the very scene that lay before Rina's dark eyes; a trash-strewn street with broken-down buildings that dulled into a sort of gray bleariness the farther you looked down either side of the road. And yet, only across a small bridge a mere few miles down this very road would one find themselves in the glamorous world of the upper class, in which life was easy and the food everlasting. The phrase "Mad World" did not even begin to describe New Domino City.

The only thing that made this stretch of pavement different from the rest of the Satellite was the excessive number of vagrants, and the subway entrance. For the former, who stretched out their hands piteously to Rina, the dark-clotched girl moved past quickly, without so much as a glance; she had no pity for those weak layouts; in fact, she tended to not feel emotion for about everything nowadays.

But the subway- this, she moved to with an laser focus. She strided into and past the entrance, graffitied and with the paint peeling as it was, quickly, and likewise by the station itself; they were not her target. She moved down the long-rotten track into heavier and heavier darkness as she moved away from the entrance, but she did not mind the dark, and having long memorized the path to her objective, she had no trouble at all. She found her target in relatively good time- a light flickering in the gloom of the underground tunnel. And what was this target?...

Emerging from the darkness and into the light (A false metaphor as long as she was stuck on this side of the Daedalus Bridge, she couldn't help but thinking), Rina entered into the staging ground of the Numbers Tournament. A collection of the Satellite's top duelists- an unimpressive group, of course, but there were some viable opponents- had gathered here, and had begun their duels for the legendary "Numbers" cards; one of which Rina already possessed. Her sole interest in being here was obtaining more.

Several duelists had already begun their battles, but Rina deigned not to; if some one wished to challenge her, they must be the one to approach. Rina had an aversion to most other people, and if they wished to duel her, they better man up and ask.

Silke's opponent
Silke's opponent just watched as his defenses where decimated and he was knocked back, afterwords his Number card flew over to his opponent as he groaned on the ground.

Dylan's opponent
[color=blue]Grr no choice I'll end my turn but don't think the duel is over yet, by my next turn I'll be crushing you into a fine paste.[/color]
Mon: Number 83: Galaxy Queen (DEF 500)
S/T: 1 FD
Grave: 5

Tari's opponent
[color=purple]No way that's impossible!!![/color] As the blast hit him he fell to his knees, afterwords his Number card flew over to his opponent as he groaned on the ground.

Track's opponent
[color=#00FF00]Thanks now that you destroyed my Hell Bomber Shadow he gets equipped to your Knight not only that but during your End Phase you must send cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard equal to his level, next when your second monster attacked me directly my Deck Bomber in the graveyard which you put there will send cards from your deck to the graveyard equal to the level of the monster that attacked, now wih my turn I'll summon Hell Bomber Gardna in defense mode and set anther card![/color]
Life: 4000-1300
Mon: Hell Bomber Gardna (DEF 1800)
S/T: 1 FD, Hell Bomber Shadow equipped to Mecha Knight
Grave: 2

Kazuya's opponent
Kazuya's opponent was Knocked back hitting his head against the ground as his Number floated over to Kazuya.

Hawk's opponent
[color=red]Just what I was expecting now I'll activate my Face Down Effect Reflector and with its effect I can take your spell and turn it against you so now your 2 monsters will be destroyed instead of mine so sorry but you just made your loss a lot sooner.[/color]
Mon: Air Sphere (DEF 300), Breeze Sphere (DEF 1000)
S/T: Effect Reflector, 1 FD

Neku's opponent
[color=orange]I'll start by playing the Field Spell card Dark Casino, next I'll normal summon my Dark Gambler and because a monster was summoned my Casino's effect activates now I flip a coin and if I call it right then I gain life points equal to the summoned monsters battle position and if I call it wrong then I lose that amount of life, of course my Dark Gambler lets me control all coin flips so I will always gain the life and you will always lose it so with that I will play Field Barrier and set two cards to end my turn.[/color]
Life: 5600
Mon: Dark Gambler (ATK 1600)
S/T: Dark Casino, Field Barrier, 2 F/D

[spoiler=cards used]Hell Bomber Shadow
LV 1 / Dark / Fiend / Effect
ATK 0 / DEF 0
when destroyed while set equip to a monster your opponent controls, during their end phase send cards from the top of their deck to the graveyard equal to the equipped monsters level

Deck Bomber
negate the attack of 1 monster your opponent controls.
while this card is in the graveyard when your opponent attacks you directly send cards from their deck equal to the level of the attacking monster.

Hell Bomber Garda
LV 4 / Dark / Warrior / Effect
ATN 1200 / DEF 1800
To be attacked opponent must send cards from top of their deck to graveyard equal to level of attacking monster.

Effect Reflector
Trap
Activate only when your opponent activates a card effect that would effect cards you control, negate that cards effect and use the effect against your opponent(you do not need to pay the cost for the card effect.)

Dark Casino
Field Spell
When a monster is summoned flip a coin if the owner of that card calls it correctly they gain LP equal to the monsters battle position, if they call it wrong they take that amount as damage instead.

Dark Gambler
LV 4 / Dark / Fiend / Effect
ATK 1600 / DEF 1200
The owner of this card controls all coin flips.[/spoiler]

Kariya was growing bored of watching all the duels. [i]"Been a while since I dusted off my deck, wonder if I can find a test subject here."[/i] He thought to himself. He turned, and immediately called out the first duelist he saw. [b]"Hey, you. You can be my test dummy to see how well you people here duel."[/b] The person being called out was rather offended, considering his behaviour immediately as rude, and reacted somewhat violently. [color=#00ffff][b]"Oh, so you think you're better than me, huh, pops? Well I guess an old man like you needs to be put in his place!"[/b][/color] To which Kariya chuckled. [i]"Perfect."[/i] He thought to himself, as both duelists activated their duel disks.

[b]"Well, as an 'old man' as you put it, I suppose I need to go first to even stand a hope of a chance."[/b] Kariya taunted, drawing his first card. [b]"Well, I'll start by summoning my Red Gadget, in attack mode! And summoning him allows me to add Yellow Gadget to my hand!"[/b] The gadget formed in front of him, it didn't appear anything spectacular, but Kariya thought it was, for now at least. [b]"Next, I'll activate these 2 cards from my hand! Illustious Mirrors - Red and Green Gadget!."[/b] In front of him appeared 2 "mirrors" within each an image of the respective gadget appeared. [b]"Now, as you may not knwo, neither of these cards can be destroyed by card effects, and since I have my Red Gadget mirror my Green Gadget mirror gets its effect. Which means I'll get any Gadget in my next draw phase that I please. This duel's already mine, but I'll play this face-down just in case."[/b] Kariya smirked, he knew his plan would get out one of his strongest plays in his next turn.

LP: 4000
Field: Red Gadget
S/T: IM - Green Gadget, IM - Red Gadget, face-down.
Hand: 3 - Including 1 Yellow Gadget
Graveyard: 0

[spoiler=Cards used][img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h359/HoundsOfAnubis/Gadgetech%20Alliance/IllustriousMirror-GreenGadget.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h359/HoundsOfAnubis/Gadgetech%20Alliance/IllustriousMirror-RedGadget.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[color=#0000cd]"Sure you will,[/color]" Dylan replied, drawing another card. [color=#0000cd]"My turn then, and I summon out the tuner Fisher Snake."[/color] A sea-green snake, with a hooked end to a long tale, emerged onto his field (ATK 100), and immediately plunged said tail straight into Dylan's duel disk. [color=#0000cd]"When this card is summoned, I can summon a level 4 or lower Sea Serpent from my graveyard, but it loses all it's defensive points and can't attack."[/color] Abyss Knight was dragged out by the tail (DEF 0). [color=#0000cd]"Now, I tune my level 1 Fisher Snake with my level 4 Abyss Knight to synchro summon the Sea Dragon Rider Tritus."[/color] The snake bit down on it's own tail, forming a ring, and surrounded the other monster. A flash of light later, and another warrior riding a sea serpent emerged, this one atop a larger mount and wielding a trident (ATK 2100).

[color=#0000cd]"Tritus is a very special synchro monster. When he's out, it's bad news for Xyz monsters, because they all lose 200 points for each of their ranks. Now, since Tritus is not a number, it can't destroy your Galaxy Queen, but thanks to it's own effect it can't be destroyed at all this turn. Still, Tritus will attack Galaxy Queen."[/color] Upon his command, the dragon roared and lumbered towards the spellcaster. [color=#0000cd]"Because when Tritus battles an Xyz monster, that monster loses one of it's materials at the start of that battle."[/color] A beam of light shot from the trident, on a collision course with one of the points of light orbiting the other monster."

[spoiler=If no response to attack][color=#0000cd]"I'll place a card face-down and end my turn there,"[/color] Dylan concluded.
LP: 4000
Field: Sea Dragon Rider Tritus (ATK 2100), 2 f/d
Grave: 3[/spoiler]

[spoiler=New cards]Fisher Snake
Level 1/WATER
Sea Serpent/Tuner
When this monster is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-type monster from your Graveyard in Defense position. It's DEF becomes 0, and it cannot attack.
ATK 100/DEF 100

Sea Dragon Rider Tritus
Level 5/Water
Sea Serpent/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner level 4 monster
Your opponent's monsters lose ATK equal to 200x that monster's Rank. When this card battles an Xyz monster: Detach 1 Xyz Material from that monster at the start of the damage step.
ATK 2100/DEF 1500[/spoiler]

Track watched his opponent use the effect of his cards to send Tracks cards from the top of his deck to the graveyard. Track took three cards from the top of his deck and placed them in the graveyard. After he ended his turn he placed four cards from the top of his deck to the graveyard. Track thought to himself. "So he uses a deck thats meant to wipe out mine huh." After his opponent had finished his turn Track drew one card and stared at his hand. Track smiled and started his turn. "Okay i start by activating my face down. Mecha Bio Bomb. By discarding one Mecha monster from my hand i can detsroy one spell or trap card on the field. Like your face down. So i discard Mecha Prototype. And when hes discarded from my hand i get to destroy one monster on the field. Like your Gardna. Now Mecha Knight and Mecha Worker finish off the duel."

A satisfied smirk crossed Tari's face as her opponent took the full force of her Phantom's effect, reducing his life points to 0.

[b][color=violet]"Heh, so naive,"[/b][/color] Tari chuckled.

A glowing blue square appeared above her opponent as he lay on the ground and flew towards Tari, with a surprised frown Tari caught the glowing shape and it soon revealed itself to be a card, the very Number card that her opponent had been using.

[b][color=violet]"That was weird,"[/b][/color] Tari commented, looking at the card [b][color=violet]"Number 42: Breaker Beetle. Tch, what a rip off. This thing won't even work in my deck, even if I could summon it."[/b][/color]

She cast one more glance at her defeated opponent and then around at all the other duellists and shrugged, slotting her new card into her deck and walking off, wondering what to do next.

Finally, one opponent did approach Rina. It was a man, tall and confident, and as he strided across to her, Rina could see his eyes were locked hungrily on her- not on her figure, no, but the prize she was carrying. [i]He wants my Number card,[/i] she thought, [i]as much as I want his.[/i]

Her opponent did not mince words, only extending his duel disk and uttering two syllabes: "Let's duel." Rina did him one better- she didn't say anything at all, just raised her arm and prepped her duel disk.

[b]Rina's LP:[/b] 4000
[b]Opponent's LP:[/b] 4000

"I'll start." Rina said softly. "I Set one monster in face-down defense position and three face-downs. Then, I end my turn." Four rectangles of light, three forward-facing and one, horizontal and in front of the others, appeared in front of Rina, as she stood patiently, waiting for her opponent to make a move.

[b]LP:[/b] 4000
[b]Hand:[/b] 2
[b]Monsters:[/b] 1 Set
[b]S/T:[/b] 3 Face-downs

[i]Do they have any idea how hard it is to find this place?[/i] Bella thought to herself, pulling her bike to the subway entrance and swinging her legs off the bike and removing her helmet, pausing to flick one of the black strands framing her face from her eyes. She tucked her helmet under her arm and detached her Battle-City style Duel Disk from the side of the bike and placing it on her left arm, replacing the helmet where the Disk had previously been.

The alleged Numbers Tournament was said to be held here, and since formality tended to be in the form of an ambush, arriving 'fashionably late' just meant she was more likely to see the competition before they jumped her. If that was the case, she wanted to have her cards ready. Even after all this time of having Number 16, she had yet to have seen another "Number" card, so the news of the tournament with these cards intrigued her. She knew there had to be others, since her monster specifically stated it could only be defeated by one.

Bella allowed herself a tight smile and walked into the subway area, sticking mostly to the shadows and noting that duels were going on. [i]Good, I'm not too late. They probably won't even notice my arrival.[/i]

[i][color=#ff8c00]I See. So i think i have to get Casino out of the way...[/color][/i] - Neku thought as he approached his hand to the deck.

[color=#ff8c00]My Turn! DRAW! I Summon [/color][color=#800000][b]DORUGAN - BREED UNION[/b] [/color][color=#000000][spoiler=Dorugan - Breed Union][img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh72/juan231095/Custom%20Cards/DSDR5.jpg[/img][/spoiler] [/color][color=#000000]A Machine-Like Dragon appeared in front of Neku throwing a serious glance at his opponent.[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]Also, when [/color][color=#0000cd]Dark Casino´s [/color][color=#ff8c00]Effect is Activated, from my hand I use [/color][color=#00ff00][b]BRIGHT FORCE[/b] [/color][spoiler=Bright Force][img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh72/juan231095/Custom%20Cards/DSDR13.jpg[/img][/spoiler][color=#ff8c00] Just for the cost of Banishing a Card from my hand I negate it´s effect, and as a plus you get the damage. Now, when [/color][color=#800000][b]DORUGAN - BREED UNION[/b] [/color][color=#ff8c00]is succesfully Summoned i can add a DORUGAN monster from my deck, and I choose [/color][color=#800080][b]DORUGAN - ERRADICATOR MAGE[/b]. [/color][color=#ff8c00]Now go! [/color][b][color=#800000]BREED UNION [/color][/b][color=#ff8c00]Attack his Monster! [/color][color=#000000]The Dragon cut in half Dark Gambler with it´s Sword/Hand.[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]I´ll set 2 Cards and end my turn. I have to be careful from now on or my Number Card will be taken away from me.[/color]

[b]LP:[/b] 4000
[b]Hand:[/b] 2
[b]Monsters: [color=#800000]DORUGAN - BREED UNION[/color][/b]
[b]S/T:[/b] 2 Face-downs

"[color=#DAA520]Alright, it's my turn now," [/color]said Lance, a bit nervous about the presence of the continual burn trap card his opponent had out.[color=#DAA520] "I draw, and take 500 damage." [/color]Lance looked down at his hand and smiled.[color=#DAA520] "I tribute my Arthur's Descendant to summon Round Table, Lancelot.[/color]"
A blond haired man clad in shining silver armor emerged from the field, gripping a long sword in one hand and a shield in the other.
"[color=#DAA520]With his effect, once per turn I'm allowed to special summon one level 4 or lower warrior type monster in my Graveyard. So, I summon Arthur's Descendant.[/color]"
The golden armored warrior reappeared on the field, only to once again disintegrate.
"[color=#DAA520]However, I activate my continuous trap card, Ultimate Offering in order to tribute my Arthur's Descendant once more. I now summon, Round Table, Gawain.[/color]"
Yet another knight appeared next to Lancelot, clad in similar armor, but with darker hair and a mustache.
"[color=#DAA520]Now, I'll have Round Table Lancelot attack first, with his second effect inflicting piercing damage!" Lance felt a smidgen of triumph at his mosnter being able to overcome the defense of his opponent's monster. [/color]
The golden haired knight swiftly ran and brought his sword down, however the defending monster remained on the field, and Lance's life points increased.
"[color=#DAA520]Now I'll have Gawain attack your Easter Gardna, and that will end my turn.[/color]" Lance said as he awaited his opponent's next move.

LP: 2500
Monsters: Round Table, Lancelot and Round Table, Gawain
Spell/Trap: Ultimate Offering, one face-down
Deck: 33

[spoiler='Cards Used']Round Table, Lancelot
Level 5
Earth
Warrior/Effect
Once per turn, you can Special Summon one Warrior-Type monster form your Graveyard. When this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing damage.
ATK 2300/DEF 2300

Round Table, Gawain
Level 5
Earth
Warrior/Effect
When this card is sent to the graveyard, increase the attack of all face-up Warrior-Type monsters you control by 500.
ATK 2300/DEF 2000[/spoiler]

Kariya's opponent
[color=#00FFFF][b]If that is what your bringing out then I'll summon Draw Turtle, then I'll set five cards face down so show me what your bringing.[/b][/color]
Mon: Draw Turtle (DEF 1800)
S/T: 5 FD

Dylan's opponent
[color=#0000CD]Thanks that Synchro looks delicious, now I'll activate my trap Gluttonous Heart Burn, when you Special Summon a monster I can Special Summon 1 Gluttonous Eater from my Graveyard at the price of halving my Life points, not only that but he gets to equip the monster you Special Summoned so now your Synchro Monster is my meal![/color]
Life: 2000
Mon: Gluttonous Eater (ATK 3700), Number 83: Galaxy Queen (DEF 500)
S/T: Sea Dragon Rider Tritus - equipped to Gluttonous Eater
Grave: 6

Track's opponent
Track's opponent was knocked back as his Number floated over to Track.

Rina's opponent
[b]I'll start by summoning my Sniper Elf from my hand, now during my battle phase I can send 1 card in your hand to the graveyard, now I'll set two cards and have him attack your phase down monster.[/b]
Mon: Sniper Elf (ATK 1300)
S/T: 2

Neku
[color=#FF8C00]With your attack I activate Fairy Box so with a flip of the Dice we see if your monster keeps its attack and we both know that my gambler won't let that happen so your taking 1600 points of damage,...During my Standby Phase I take 500 points of damage and will activate the cup of Ace in my hand and with the flip in my favor I draw 2 cards now I'll activate my summoning gamble and again it is a coin toss and if i call it right I can summon any monster in my hand without tribute under the condition that i can't attack this turn and if i call it wrong then I lose the card and still can't attack, though we both know that I'll get it wright so say hello to my Barrel Dragon and my extra 2600 life points, though now I have nothing left i can do this turn so it's your last turn. [/color]
Life: 5900
Mon: Dark Gambler (ATK 1600), Barrel Dragon (ATK 2600)
S/T: Dark Casino, Field Barrier, Fairy Box, 1 F/D
Grave: 2

Lance's opponent
[color=#DAA520]Sorry but when you attack my Easter Gardna I activate my Bad Reaction to Simoch and with it now you'll be losing life instead of gaining it,... Now I'll gain 500 life points do to my combo and next it's time to Summon my Easter Magician and will use his effect to draw an extra card at the price of you gaining 800 life points and of course we both know that means you will be losing it again, with that I'll end my turn.[/color]
Life: 5500
Mon: Easter Gardna (DEF 1800), Easter Magician (ATK 1600)
S/T: Countdown to Destruction, Good Reaction to Simochi, Bad Reaction to Simoch, 1 FD

[spoiler=cards used]Draw Turtle
LV 4 / Earth / Reptile / Effect
ATK 800 / DEF 1800
During your draw phase draw an extra card.

Gluttonous Heart Burn
Counter Trap
Activate only when your opponent Special Summons a monster while you have a "Gluttonous Eater" in your Graveyard, Special Summon "Gluttonous Eater" in your Graveyard and equip your opponents monster to it.

Sniper Elf
LV 3 / Earth / Fairy / Effect
ATK 1300 / DEF 800
During your battle phase send cards from your opponent's hand to the graveyard equal to the number of "Elf" monsters you control.

Summoning Gamble
Spell / Normal
You cannot declare an attack during the turn this card was activated, flip a coin:
Heads-You can normal summon 1 monster from your hand without tribute.
Tails-send all monster cards from your hand to the graveyard.

Easter Magician
LV 4 / Earth / Spellcaster / Effect
ATK 1600 / DEF 1400
your opponent gains 800 life you get to draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

Archived