God hates the East Coast.

Dark

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Raine™' timestamp='1314234168' post='5466775']
Oh, I'm sorry the east coast has to deal with a GASP! magnitude 5 earthquake and a, god forbid, category 2 hurricane. I'm sure, people in Bangladesh are feeling for us as they deal with yearly monsoons that ravage their land. Georgia and Armenia are weeping tears for us as they are stuck in drought and fast running-out of water in the Aral Sea. Central Africa is wishing us the best after they walk 10 miles for disease infected water. Yes, God hates t he East Coast. Shut it, and take your natural disasters like a man.
[/quote]

Magnitude 6, you prick.

[i]If "discrimination by location" only applies to natural disasters[/i]

...why the hell would you assume something like that? Just because the first post only talked about natural disasters doesn't mean discrimination by location doesn't apply to other aspects of life. <___<

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1314237133' post='5466893']

[i]If "discrimination by location" only applies to natural disasters[/i]

...why the hell would you assume something like that? Just because the first post only talked about natural disasters doesn't mean discrimination by location doesn't apply to other aspects of life. <___<
[/quote]

Like?

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1314238132' post='5466925']
That everyone in North Dakota is an idiot and or a farmer <_<[/quote]

Oh. igeddit.

Reading articles online, since I live in Boston and I can literally walk to the water, there's supposed to be 40-50 mph winds and 10 inches of rain by the time it hits us, which should be around sunday. I haven't read about evacuations yet, but they will be clearing roads and closing places in advance. However, it might downgrade to a tropical storm by that time.

Tl;dr: It's not that bad, I've been through worse.

[i]Like?[/i]

Some colleges (especially state colleges) give a preference to in-state students when considering applications. Kind of like affirmative action, but the way I see it, with nowhere as close to enough logic to justify it. There are actually quite a lot of examples of discrimination by location, not to mention a lot of them are based on stereotypes regarding a particular region.

[i]lol, Dark the atheist complaining how God hates him.[/i]

Who said I was an atheist? I think I have made it [i]perfectly[/i] clear that I am a devout Pastafarian, but maybe less religiously zealous. Also, it's quite obvious that the title was blatant sarcasm - the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't hate a particular region, although he favors those that eat pasta often (Italy, for example). Stop assuming things and listen for once.

[i]It didn't even take 1/4 of my Tyrantitar's HP.[/i]

I was really hoping nobody would make a stupid Pokemon joke.

[i]I'm pretty sure he can tell I'm just trying to press his buttons.[/i]

Disregard the response that was listed two paragraphs ago.

I actually have to say that the East Cost had been given a very fair opportunity in it's share of Natural Disasters. The earthquake wasn't really devastating in the least bit (only a spear fell around the epicenter of Virginia). I live in the Northeastern coast and I can say that by the time Irene reaches there, she would be just a rainstorm.

[quote name='Blood Rose' timestamp='1314264269' post='5467339']
Hurricanes are the trade off for having nice warm weather. =D.
[/quote]
Uhh, excuse me.
The heat and humidity here has been horrible. Warm my ass.
I had to go to the hospital because I couldn't even f***ing breathe.

Well, I didn't feel the quake, and we only got pleasant winds from Irene(And i'm in the East Coast.)

We might have a few cities hit bad, but what about Japan and Haiti, among others like Armenia, Georgia, and others. Countries have Dirty Water, little access to food, etc. We have it better than about anyone else in the world. And they only have us see what they want of the world. There are more gruesome things there that aren't shown. Why is the news all about us when we have it better than most?

Archived