Team Fortress 2

Bull3tM0nk3y

[center][center]Best, now free, game ever.[/center][/center]
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center]If you don't know what it is... you suck.[/center][/center]
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center]My favorite classes are the Medic, Spy, and Engy.
[/center][/center]
[center][center]Discuss.
[/center][/center]

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1314808279' post='5481649']
It's fun stuff, but really hard.[/quote]
Oh [i]EVERYONE[/i] dies all the time. The game is hardly that hard at all.
You just need to find servers you like, and are good at.
Me, I mostly play Saxton Hale, Prop-Hunt, and Trade servers(They have melee-only Trade servers. Its awesome).
Occasionally I will play that Push-the-Kart game, but those tend to have [i]REALLY[/i] un-balanced teams.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1314808279' post='5481649']
Just got it. It's fun stuff, but really hard.
[/quote]

You just got it? You make me sick.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1314810061' post='5481675']
Oh [i]EVERYONE[/i] dies all the time. The game is hardly that hard at all.
You just need to find servers you like, and are good at.
Me, I mostly play Saxton Hale, Prop-Hunt, and Trade servers(They have melee-only Trade servers. Its awesome).
Occasionally I will play that Push-the-Kart game, but those tend to have [i]REALLY[/i] un-balanced teams.
[/quote]

Yes, everyone dies all the time. And the game is not hard at all.

I have good severs. My favorites servers are:
Crit Sanvich
Friendship is Alltalk
and other servers that are nice and have no hate rules against players.

Saxton Hale is fun i just can't download it, same with prop hunt. I do go on trade servers sometimes to trade items.

And do you mean Payload? And yes, I was just playing it and the enemy team was owning us and they had less people when us. I was everything, nothing worked at all.

[quote name='Bull3tM0nk3y' timestamp='1314811851' post='5481718']
And do you mean Payload? And yes, I was just playing it and the enemy team was owning us and they had less people when us. I was everything, nothing worked at all.
[/quote]
My Little Fortress: Teamwork is Magic

Edit: Or maybe they were just better.

[quote name='Kizzi' timestamp='1314812872' post='5481763']
My Little Fortress: Teamwork is Magic[/quote]
Why yes, TF2 "teaches" you teamwork.

[quote name='Bull3tM0nk3y' timestamp='1314811851' post='5481718']
Saxton Hale is fun i just can't download it, same with prop hunt. I do go on trade servers sometimes to trade items.[/quote]
I'm a great shot with the Medic's Crusader Crossbow, at Saxton Hale servers. Gotta' love that +200% damage bonus.
Trade servers are great if you want to kill a lot of people without putting any real effort into it.
And payload only ends up terrible at times because all the "pros" usually end up on the same team, and then everyone on the opposing team just rage-quits, just to make the odds even more unfair.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1314814151' post='5481795']
Why yes, TF2 "teaches" you teamwork.

I'm a great shot with the Medic's Crusader Crossbow, at Saxton Hale servers. Gotta' love that +200% damage bonus.
Trade servers are great if you want to kill a lot of people without putting any real effort into it.
And payload only ends up terrible at times because all the "pros" usually end up on the same team, and then everyone on the opposing team just rage-quits, just to make the odds even more unfair.
[/quote]
Saxton hale and trade servers are both good for messing around but I think they get boring after a while.

I don't think that teamstacking happens any more on payload than on any other game mode.

Fun-Fact: My mains are Pyro and Medic. I play as Soldier now and then just because of the Cow Mangler.

[quote name='Kizzi' timestamp='1314814616' post='5481802']
I don't think that teamstacking happens any more on payload than on any other game mode.[/quote]
Maybe.
But there are servers where people still stick around, regardless of teams.

TF2 should try thinking with Portals. See what happens.

Anywho, when I do play(Which is rare, because load times on my CPU are RIDICULOUSLY long), I go Demoman. All the time. Sometimes, I'll go Heavy, Engie, or Scout...and maybe Pyro and Medic. Spy comes after, and I almost never use Sniper. I'm no good at it.

[quote name='Major Fluttershy' timestamp='1314833904' post='5482429']
I main Medic/Soldier/Demo nowadays.

Used to actually be a part of a 6v6 team so yeah.

Favorite servers: Sepulch, Friendship is Alltalk, SOMETIMES touhou fortress I guess.
[/quote]
What was your comp main?

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1314834289' post='5482449']
TF2 should try thinking with Portals. See what happens.
[/quote]
There's game mod being made call "Team Fortress 2: WIth Portals" or "Team Fortress 2: Still Alive", it gives everyone with portal guns. Looks awesome.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1314846596' post='5483015']
I find it funny how I would actually be a pretty incredible Sniper.
...But Medic's crossbow is a lot more fun.
[/quote]

I was good one, too for like a week, pulling off amazing headshots. And then one day, I just sucked.

And I love the medic bonus with the crossbow and amputator. You can OUTLIVE fire. I rarely use any other gun. I also love playing medic because I have EVERY medigun, not hard but I can ask people what they want. Makes it more fun for me.

[quote name='Bull3tM0nk3y' timestamp='1314848402' post='5483095']
There's game mod being made call "Team Fortress 2: WIth Portals" or "Team Fortress 2: Still Alive", it gives everyone with portal guns. Looks awesome.

I was good one, too for like a week, pulling off amazing headshots. And then one day, I just sucked.

And I love the medic bonus with the crossbow and amputator. You can OUTLIVE fire. I rarely use any other gun. I also love playing medic because I have EVERY medigun, not hard but I can ask people what they want. Makes it more fun for me.
[/quote]
The medieval medic bonus is kinda decent but it's not all that noticable.

@Bullet: Aside from the fact [i]both[/i] of us have all the Medi-guns, the first one is still the better of the 3.
Yea, it takes longer to charge, sure, but that temporary invulnerability wins games.

[quote name='Kizzi' timestamp='1314896960' post='5484192']
The medieval medic bonus is kinda decent but it's not all that noticable.[/quote]
More or less, you just have to jump around a lot more.

I don't know if I should lock this and attempt to find the other TF2 topic. Meh, I'm lazy.

Game is a lot of fun. Haven't played a lot as of late since I've had other stuff to do, but as a person that normally avoids FPS this is one I'm more then happy to play. Might have something to do with Spy being my favorite class and he doesn't do much shooting, but yea, the game is amazing.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1314921246' post='5485335']
@Bullet: Aside from the fact [i]both[/i] of us have all the Medi-guns, the first one is still the better of the 3.
Yea, it takes longer to charge, sure, but that temporary invulnerability wins games.

More or less, you just have to jump around a lot more.
[/quote]
I usually ask my pocket to decide if he wants kritz or uber, they're both good. Oh, and the Quick Fix is freaking awesome for battlemedicing.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1314921920' post='5485366']
I don't know if I should lock this and attempt to find the other TF2 topic. Meh, I'm lazy.

Game is a lot of fun. Haven't played a lot as of late since I've had other stuff to do, but as a person that normally avoids FPS this is one I'm more then happy to play. Might have something to do with Spy being my favorite class and [b]he doesn't do much shooting[/b], but yea, the game is amazing.
[/quote]
This one has started some good discussion so I don't see any problems with keeping it here.

Oh, and @bold, not when I play. :)

[quote name='Bull3tM0nk3y' timestamp='1314958302' post='5486125']
Wow, Flame. You play TF2? Not expected.

And yes, Arma, we should play some games sometime, maybe tomorrow? I'll be ya medic if you want.
[/quote]
Him as pyro? Pocketing a pyro is pretty frustrating, heh.

[quote name='Kizzi' timestamp='1314956723' post='5486107']
I usually ask my pocket to decide if he wants kritz or uber, they're both good. Oh, and the Quick Fix is freaking awesome for battlemedicing.[/quote]
Kritz is great when your team pushes for game, as it (basically) turns anything into insta-death.
Quick-Fix, personally, Ive found it to be mediocre in most cases. Mostly because all the bullets/rockets/head-shot-ing that goes on, the 300% heal rate has a hard time keeping up with it.
...Though it [i]IS[/i] nice that it lets you move at the same speed as your target.

[quote name='Kizzi' timestamp='1314966930' post='5486212']
Him as pyro? Pocketing a pyro is pretty frustrating, heh.
[/quote]
This.
[i]Especially[/i] because I'm a reckless Pyro.
...Its fun :3

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1314974915' post='5486473']
Kritz is great when your team pushes for game, as it (basically) turns anything into insta-death.
Quick-Fix, personally, Ive found it to be mediocre in most cases. Mostly because all the bullets/rockets/head-shot-ing that goes on, the 300% heal rate has a hard time keeping up with it.
...Though it [i]IS[/i] nice that it lets you move at the same speed as your target.
[/quote]
@ Kritz: Well, kritz usage can very a little depending on gamemode, I don't usually see it used for "pushing for game" much though.

@ Quick Fix: when I'm battlemedicing I rarely get an uber off and overhealing is not that important, but it's pretty good for healing people if they're injured or you're falling back and if there's a scout nearby you get to the battlefield much quicker.

Archived