[MTG] Curse of Stalked Prey

Flame Dragon

[quote name='-Venser el Transeúnte-' timestamp='1315370196' post='5497858']
[img]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/nph/111.jpg[/img]

O_O
[/quote]
You saw the article too? I'd much rather pump spell + assault strobe.

[quote name='King of Nothing' timestamp='1315370723' post='5497872']
This card is so green...

The color wheel in magic is like...dead now.
[/quote]
[img]http://static.starcitygames.com/sales/cardscans/MAGJACECHANDRA/SlithFirewalker.jpg[/img]
It is in fact a red ability.

The ability doesn't make it green. Its context does. For starters, red wouldn't believe in a curse. Not only that, but red hasn't been much of one to stalk. Red is fast, it wants to get something as quickly as possible, while green is able to enjoy the hunting game. By implying that this is a curse that a "prey" has, it is implying that there is also a predator. The only predator in red would be the dragon, who isn't much of a predator as instead of hunting, it simply kills and feeds.

If they wanted it to be red, they should have made the name something else. Let green stick with hunting...oh, and mass token making. Blue has the 13/13, Black has 13 tokens, and now red has become a predator.

Magic hates green with a passion, I get it, even our best planeswalker is only good because of black. Its a really sad day to be a green player in magic.

[quote name='shadowferret' timestamp='1315418820' post='5498341']
Seems really interesting. I wouldn't mind pumping all those 1/1 Insect tokens with Infect. :3

But wait... since it has to deal combat damage, would dealing infect damage through attacking count for it? Or no?
[/quote]

Yes. The only thing Infect changes about the damage itself is the damage's results.

[quote name='King of Nothing' timestamp='1315373502' post='5497923']
The ability doesn't make it green. Its context does. For starters, red wouldn't believe in a curse. Not only that, but red hasn't been much of one to stalk. Red is fast, it wants to get something as quickly as possible, while green is able to enjoy the hunting game. By implying that this is a curse that a "prey" has, it is implying that there is also a predator. The only predator in red would be the dragon, who isn't much of a predator as instead of hunting, it simply kills and feeds.

If they wanted it to be red, they should have made the name something else. Let green stick with hunting...oh, and mass token making. Blue has the 13/13, Black has 13 tokens, and now red has become a predator.

Magic hates green with a passion, I get it, even our best planeswalker is only good because of black. Its a really sad day to be a green player in magic.
[/quote]
Remember, Vampire's are in Red for this block and that ability is very Vampire based.

Their have always been Blue fatties. I mean look at Lorthos. Black has also made tokens, Grave Titan can make a bunch, even if it takes a little time. Also, Red creatures tie into greens hunter type instincts. Both colors are very feral. Remember, it was Jund that had the Devour mechanic and flavor wise that is a creature hunting down and eating pray.

And Green has gotten a lot of the color bleed too, with a large, cheap flier, good creature removal, and some nice card draw. Really, when two of your claims to fame are large creatures, token making, and mana fixing you need to expect for those abilities to bleed. Just like all colors can get card draw or spot removal, they are key parts to the game. If you look though the modern blocks you'll see parts of each colors abilities have been played with in other colors, and in that regard, this mechanic is still in red, the place it started in.

Archived