[MTG] Liliana of the Veil

[center][center][img]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/isd/105.jpg[/img][/center][/center]
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center]Discussing again becuase:[/center][/center]
[center][center]1) Now that people had time to play it...what do you think of this card performance?[/center][/center]
[center][center]2) It is 400 Pesos here (That's around 95$)[/center][/center]

People were really underrating here obviously. It's just a Planeswalker you have to build around, not splash in anything that plays black. Her +1 is terrible if you can't abuse it out, and using her just for -2 seems kinda meh. As far as I see, she does best in U/B/x decks, Sun Titan bringing her back constantly is hilarious. Also, -6 seems rather eh, never actually pulled it out, in most cases, I won before I had a chance to.

tl;dr: Card is better than we thought at first

She's honestly being REALLY over rated right now. Yes ,she is good but not $60-$70 *the prices I've seen) good.

From a Cannel Fireball article
[quote=Article]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, Garuda, sans-serif][size=3]
Over the past few days, Lilly has started making an end run toward [url="http://www.channelfireball.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-mtg-helper/mtg_helper_cardfinder.php?find=Jace%2C+the+Mind+Sculptor&width=223&height=310"]Jace, the Mind Sculptor[/url] prices.[/size][/font][/color]
She’s out of stock both here and at Star City, and if you want her on eBay you’re going to have to spend at least $55.[/size][/font][/color]
If I had one for trade at the moment, I would be asking for around $70 worth of stuff in return.[/size][/font][/color]
While many people immediately point to Jace as the obvious comp for Liliana, a better comparison is[url="http://www.channelfireball.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-mtg-helper/mtg_helper_cardfinder.php?find=Tezzeret%2C+Agent+of+Bolas&width=223&height=310"]Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas[/url]. That card debuted around $45 retail, and had fallen to around $30-$35 by the first weekend it was tournament legal. The deck performed well, and the card gained $25-$30 in value overnight.[/size][/font][/color]
Yeah, people REALLY don’t want to miss “the next Jace.”[/size][/font][/color]
Just like Tezzeret, though, Liliana is REALLY narrow. She is currently seeing Standard play, and I don’t expect that to change, but she doesn’t draw cards, bounce creatures, lock your opponent out of the game, and then win the game like Jace does.[/size][/font][/color]
The thing is, though, Magic players like to have fun – even tournament players. And for many Spikes, fun is roughly equivalent to playing the most wonky, slow, toolsy control deck that it’s possible to crush the opposition with.[/size][/font][/color]
Much like mono black control, people REALLY want Solar Flare style decks to be good. So when two show up in the top 16 at an open, game on![/size][/font][/color]
Even if Solar Flare is tier-1, there’s no way Liliana holds a $60+ price tag for long. She’s only there because she’s a planeswalker and we still haven’t really figure out how to value those yet, five years after their inception. I recommend that you [b]sell[/b] on Liliana right now and buy back in when the hype has died down somewhat.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote][/size][/font][/color]

Archived