Get rid of the ban list?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I made an Exchange of the Spirit FTK deck in my Game-Genied GBA game, that also always works but is a bit different (more drawing power). It did work, I always had cards until I drew Exchange, and 15 cards in the grave was an easy job.

Although, there is ONE way to lose the game with such a deck.

[spoiler=Once you've opened this Spoiler, there is no return anymore....]

USE EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT 8 TIMES!!!

[spoiler=But is that possible? Find it out!]

Well, I can draw all the time and my graves are reversed so yes it should be, but the 1000 life points is a cost, and you cannot kill yourself with costs, so no.

[spoiler=And now the real way to lose with an Exchange FTK, seriously]

When there is no ban list, everyone uses this and probably also runs Makyura in 3.

So when you Exchange someone while he has a Makyura in his deck, his effect activates.

Just before you end your turn, your opponent may decide to activate traps from his hand, letting him draw a lot (Jar of Greed, Yata Garasu, Good Goblin Housekeeping, Reckless Greed...) and finally activate Exchange of the Spirit as well, thus saving him.

Now it is reversed, your opponent can use Spells and Traps, and when he is done, you can use Traps only, trying to get Exchange + 15 cards in grave to save you and make it your turn again.

Now, if both players just keep going on, the first player whose life points drop to 1000 is totally screwed, lols.

If this happens, Yugioh would be a totally different, coooooooool game! I actually hope that there will be one day without a ban list, and everyone plays this game for a day, instead of our current-game yugioh. It would be cool, for 1 single day.

Ok I made an Exchange of the Spirit FTK deck in my Game-Genied GBA game' date=' that also always works but is a bit different (more drawing power). It did work, I always had cards until I drew Exchange, and 15 cards in the grave was an easy job.

[spoiler=Once you've opened this Spoiler, there is no return anymore....']

Well, I can draw all the time and my graves are reversed so yes it should be, but the 1000 life points is a cost, and you cannot kill yourself with costs, so no.

When there is no ban list, everyone uses this and probably also runs Makyura in 3.

So when you Exchange someone while he has a Makyura in his deck, his effect activates.

Just before you end your turn, your opponent may decide to activate traps from his hand, letting him draw a lot (Jar of Greed, Yata Garasu, Good Goblin Housekeeping, Reckless Greed...) and finally activate Exchange of the Spirit as well, thus saving him.

Now it is reversed, your opponent can use Spells and Traps, and when he is done, you can use Traps only, trying to get Exchange + 15 cards in grave to save you and make it your turn again.

Now, if both players just keep going on, the first player whose life points drop to 1000 is totally screwed, lols.

If this happens, Yugioh would be a totally different, coooooooool game! I actually hope that there will be one day without a ban list, and everyone plays this game for a day, instead of our current-game yugioh. It would be cool, for 1 single day.

[spoiler=Here is why you are wrong...]Makyura's effect only benefits its owner, not the opponent.

Ok I made an Exchange of the Spirit FTK deck in my Game-Genied GBA game' date=' that also always works but is a bit different (more drawing power). It did work, I always had cards until I drew Exchange, and 15 cards in the grave was an easy job.

[spoiler=Once you've opened this Spoiler, there is no return anymore....']

[spoiler=Here is why you are wrong...]Makyura's effect only benefits its owner, not the opponent.

No I mean, when the opponent uses Exchange, then Makyura is sent from my deck to my graveyard right, thus activating it's effect.

Guest JoshIcy

look at it this way...

todays format uses primarily theme decks, and theme decks require for them to use specific cards whether you/ they want to or not. and from my personal experience, theme decks generally have 45-58 cards in them.... in order to make these cards work, you need to place combos in the deck, that inturn kills more unnecessary space because of that...

also from what ive seen and built, the average deck has about 5-7 cards of leeway, but these themes knock it down further..... using cards on the banned list would create friction in the way these decks work.....

also, the only real kind of decks that can run these cards are beatdown decks... and trust me when i say, those decks are no fun at all.... the duel ends to fast for anyone to care.....

so if you want yugioh to be a unbalanced game or just love beatdown decks stick to traditional format and leave the advanced formats duelists to their own game....

look at it this way...

todays format uses primarily theme decks' date=' and theme decks require for them to use specific cards whether you/ they want to or not. and from my personal experience, theme decks generally have 45-58 cards in them.... in order to make these cards work, you need to place combos in the deck, that inturn kills more unnecessary space because of that...

also from what ive seen and built, the average deck has about 5-7 cards of leeway, but these themes knock it down further..... using cards on the banned list would create friction in the way these decks work.....

also, the only real kind of decks that can run these cards are beatdown decks... and trust me when i say, those decks are no fun at all.... the duel ends to fast for anyone to care.....

so if you want yugioh to be a unbalanced game or just love beatdown decks stick to traditional format and leave the advanced formats duelists to their own game....

[/quote']

More like 40-43 cards in an average good deck.

Guest JoshIcy

look at it this way...

todays format uses primarily theme decks' date=' and theme decks require for them to use specific cards whether you/ they want to or not. and from my personal experience, theme decks generally have 45-58 cards in them.... in order to make these cards work, you need to place combos in the deck, that inturn kills more unnecessary space because of that...

[/quote']

yeah i know that 40 cards is the good amount.... but even with my deck 'ancient gear' its hard to keep the amount to 40, and i lost alot of support cards because of it.......

so a good theme deck has around 50 cards, in order to get all the combos and protection it generally needs....

look at it this way...

[/quote']

yeah i know that 40 cards is the good amount.... but even with my deck 'ancient gear' its hard to keep the amount to 40, and i lost alot of support cards because of it.......

so a good theme deck has around 50 cards, in order to get all the combos and protection it generally needs....

A good deck of any kind has a MAX of 50 cards. If you're going to be running more than 40, make it 41-45. I used to think that a massive deck was fine and all, but I learned that I was wrong. Once you start REALLY dueling, you'll learn very quick that it's not good so good to be random.

Guest JoshIcy

A good deck of any kind has a MAX of 50 cards. If you're going to be running more than 40' date=' make it 41-45. I used to think that a massive deck was fine and all, but I learned that I was wrong. Once you start REALLY dueling, you'll learn very quick that it's not good so good to be random.

[/quote']

i said around 50.... and yeah i know having anymore is a bad thing...but basically im saying it needs more than the average deck...

and there is only 1 kind of deck that requires more than 50 to me, and thats a deck-out deck.....

Archived