Realm of Beasts TCG: REWORK

You may remember, many many moons ago that I had a TCG topic. Needless to say that topic is long dead, But my idea is not. This rework should make the card game even better.

[b]●Rules●[/b]

The Protection Barrier: The protection barrier represents your life. It is made up of 40 Protection Barrier resources. This cards cannot be in your deck, but may be added to your hand by their own effects or similar. When you have no protection barrier, one more attack from a Creature will cause a game loss to you. You have 8 Squares in which to place Creatures, Activation and Response Cards. Mounts are placed underneath a card, and do not count as a Space. However, they do take a Space until Mounted. You can have up to 4 copies of a card and a Minimum of 40 cards per deck.
●Phases of a Turn●

●Draw Phase●
Take the top card of your Card Stack and add it to your hand.

●Pay/Upkeep Phase●
If a card tells you to pay X every turn, here is when you pay the costs for the card. Paying a cost here does not cause a Link.

●Main Step●
Here is where you make your actions such as playing creatures or mounting, activating cards and so forth.

●Check step●
Here is where the Game checks for two things:
1) Number of cards in Protection Barriers
2) Number of cards in each player's deck.

If any of these values are 0, that player loses during this step. Other wise, turn continues as normal.

●Fight Step●

Here is where your creatures can declare attacks. Attacking does not cause a Link, however 1 Response card can be activated to an attack. This will create a link and allow for card linking.

●End step●

Here is where you end your turn.

You can play 1 creature per turn. Some creatures have conditions to be played.

[b]●Card Types[/b]●

●Creatures●
Creatures are a Yellow Card. They have a Power Number used for Attacking. When two Creatures battle, the one with the highest Power wins and the other is destroyed. The controller of the destroyed card then loses Protection Barrier resources equal to the difference. If both monsters are equal, they destroy each other. When destroyed, they go to the Discard Pile. You can only play 1 Creature Per turn, Unless a Card States you can play an additional card. Playing a Creature always starts a link where your Opponent has Priority unless the card states it doesn't.

●Creatures - Mounts●
A Mount is a Special Type of Creature. It does not have a Power Number and cannot Battle. However it can Mount itself to a Creature you control to activate it's Mounted Abilities. Marked with: ■ .

●Activation●
Activation Cards are a Purple card. They are not to be confused with the subtype: QuickTriggers. Activation Cards can only be played from your Hand on your Turn. You can place a Activation card on one of your 8 Field spaces, but Note when it is attacked: It will Trigger, if the timing is incorrect, nothing will happen. After activation, send them to the discard pile.

●Response●
Response cards have to be set on your field. When the conditions are met, you can declare that you are activating the Response Card. When a Response card is Triggered, it will always create an Link. When resolved, send them to the discard pile.

●QuickTrigger Activation Cards●
QuickTrigger Activation Cards can be activated from your Hand if the Conditions are met, even during the Opponent's Turn. Activating one of these, as with Response Cards these will all create a Link.

●[b]What is a Link?[/b]●

A Link is when a Card that States it creates a Link OR a Card is activated in Response to an Effect. A Link resolves backwards. If a Card is removed from the Chain, the Chain ends Immediately. I.e:

Player 1 Activates Creature Ability.
Player 2 Declares Response Card to Block Creature Ability
Player 1 Responds with Response card to Destroy Player 2's Response card.

Player 2's Response card destroys a Card in the Link, ending it. The Creature's Ability Activates as Normal.

●[b]So, what can I do in a Link?[/b]●
You can activate any card as long as the conditions are right. You can even activate Creature Effects as long as the conditions are Met. When in a Link, you can activate Multiple cards to add to the Link at once if you are the Turn Player. Once you have finished selecting your link cards, your Opponent then chooses their cards.

●Card Effect Vs The Rule book, Who wins?●
The card effect will always take priority over the Rulebook. If a card states you can do X action and the rule book says you can't, if you have the card in play, you can still do X action.

●Clearer Card Wording●

The following terms show what an effect will do.

"Pay to activate X" = This effect is always a Cost Trigger.
"When this card is Played. Declaring you will play this card starts a Link." = When you declare to play this card, the effect activates. The effect will always start a Link. If the Play of the Monster is negated, the effect will still occur.
"When this card reaches play successfully..." = When this card REACHES the Board successfully, it's effect is triggered. If it is negated, it's effect will not occur.
"Destroy X" = This effect is noted as a Destruction effect and will end links.
"Block X" = Unless stated "Block and Destroy X" this effect simply will Negate a card. This does not end a Link.
"This effect does not start a link." = If this is written, the effect cannot be responded to, as activating a Card in Response causes a Link to occur.
"Protection Barrier Resources" = If a card tells you to pay these, it's the same as losing them in a battle. Same as gaining them or adding them to your hand.

●About Subtypes●
Subtypes is a mechanic that determines if a card is part of an archetype. If they contain the same subtype, they are part of an Archetype. I.e:

"Sunlight Manta Ray" is a "Celestial Being" It is part of an Archetype, "Celestial Beings"
"Celestial Controller" is a "Human" it is not part of the Celestial Beings Archetype, even though it has Celestial in it's name. If a card goes by name, It is a Target. If it says "Celestial Being Archetype" or "Celestial Being" it is not a Target.

●My Motto●

● I'd like to be as clear as possible with Card Wording. If something doesn't make sense, tell me.
● Banlist does not create power creep. I don't want power creep to take a huge curve. Obviously, the game has to evolve and old cards sometimes have to be left behind, but I won't try and create Overpowered Cards on purpose.
● Quality over Quantity. I'd like every card, or almost every card to serve a purpose in both Casual or Competitive Play. I'd like every card to be useful [b]SOMEWHERE.[/b] Sets might take a good few weeks to be finished, but will contain few "Just for the sake of it" cards.

●Cards●

●Rarities●
●Common: You get 14 Commons in a single pack. They are the lowest rarity.
●Rare: You get 3 Rares in a single pack. They have a slightly more dark picture than Commons.
●Uncommon: You get 2 or 3 uncommons in a pack. Uncommons have a slightly lighter picture than commons.
●Super Rare: Super Rares are 1:3. They have a silver lettering and a slight shine on the art.
●Ultra rares: 1:6. They have a fully holo picture.
●Shining Rare: 1:12. They have a gold name, shiny picture and Italic card text.
●Shadow/Light Rares: 1:30. Depending on the type it is:

Light: Completely shiny rainbow card, has "Secret Rare" print lines all over the card. Different patterns for each card.
Shadow: Completely faded card that darkens when put in light.
[spoiler='Base Set! Introduction to the Realm of Beasts TCG[Edition 1]']

●Celestial's Judge[BASE00][Light Rare](6)
●Celestial - Leader
●Power:7
●While this card is Face-Up on the board, instead of adding damage counters from the Damage Counter Zone, send Damage Counters from the top of Each Player's deck, instead.
L: Select 1 Other "Celestial's" Creature and 1 Creature your Opponent controls and send them to the Damage Counter Zone. Draw 1 Card.
L: If this card is in your Damage Counter Zone, you can discard 1 Card to play this card. When you do: Destroy all cards on the Board, Except "Celestial's" Cards.

●Celestial's Warrior[BASE01][Shining Rare](4)
●Celestial
●Power:5
●[i]While this card is Face-Up on the board, instead of adding damage counters from the Damage Counter Zone, send Damage Counters from the top of Each Player's deck, instead.[/i]
[i]L: If this card is in your Damage Counter Zone, you can activate this effect. Add this card to your Hand, then take 2 Damage.[/i][i] If you control a Face-up "Celestial's" Creature, you can play this card instead of adding it to your hand.[/i]

●Celestial's Guard[BASE02](3)
●Celestial
●Power:3
●While this card is Face-Up on the board, instead of adding damage counters from the Damage Counter Zone, send Damage Counters from the top of Each Player's deck, instead.
L: If this card is in your Damage Counter Zone, you can activate this effect. Play this card, then take 1 Damage.
L: If ths card is face-up on the Board, you can select 1 "Celestial's" Creature you control. Send it to the Damage Counter Zone, then Draw 1 Card.

●Celestial's Mage[BASE03](2)
●Celestial: Scribe
●Power:0
L: If your Opponent controls a Creature and you Don't: Play this card from your hand and take 2 Damage.
L: Once per turn, you can increase this Card's Guild to 3.

●Celestial's Angel[BASE04][Ultra Rare](5)
●Celestial
●Power:5
●While this card is Face-Up on the board, instead of adding damage counters from the Damage Counter Zone, send Damage Counters from the top of Each Player's deck, instead. You can only play this card by discarding 1 Card.
L: Once per turn, discard 1 card to Send the top card of your deck to the Damage Counter Zone.
L: If there are 15 or more Damage Counters in your Damage Counter Zone: Destroy 1 Creature on the board, then remove damage counters equal to it's power. You can only activate this effect Twice per game.

●Blazing Red Skullknight - 10,000 Degrees[BASE05][Rare](7)
●Warrior - Leader
●Power:6
●This card gains 1 Power for each "Blazing" Creature in your Discard Pile.
L: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Inflict 2 Damage to your Opponent. If you do, add 1 "Blazing" Creature except "Blazing Serpent Dragon - 15,000 Degrees" from your Deck to your Hand.
L: If this creature is selected as an Attack Target, Inflict 1 Damage to your Opponent and then draw 1 card.
L: Destroy 2 Cards on your Opponent's side of the board. Destroy this card and play 1 "Blazing Red Skullflame - 5,000 Degrees" from your Discard Pile or Hand.

●Blazing Skullknight - 1,000 Degrees[BASE06](3)
●Warrior
●Power:2
●If you inflict Damage to your Opponent via a Card Effect, you can Special Play this card from your hand.
L: Inflict 1 Damage to your Opponent, destroy this card.

●Blazing Red Skullflame - 5,000 Degrees[BASE07](4)
●Pyro Wisp - Scribe
●Power:0
●If you control a Face-up "Blazing" Creature, except "Blazing Skullknight - 1,000 Degrees" you can Special Play this card from your hand by discarding 1 card.

●Blazing Celestial Knight - Angel of Heat and Happiness[BASE08][Light Rare](12)
●Celestial - Supporter
●Power:15
●Return to your hand, from your Field "Blazing Red Skullknight - 10,000 Degrees" and "Celestial's Angel" to Special Play this card. While this card is Face-Up on the board, instead of adding damage counters from the Damage Counter Zone, send Damage Counters from the top of Each Player's deck, instead. Once per turn, you can negate a activation of a card and destroy it.
L: You take 2 Damage, Special Play 1 "Blazing" or "Celestial's" Creature from your Discard Pile.
L: Once per turn, take 1 Damage: Draw 2 cards. Your opponent selects one card in your hand and discards it.
L: If an effect is activated that targets this card, discard 1 card to negate the effect.
L: You can discard 1 card: This card gains 1 Power
[i]"It's flame burns bright and true, shattering the darkness before it. It awaits the time of it's Dragon's arrival. Only then can It attain true power."[/i]

●Blaze Up![BASE09]
●Activation
●Special Play 1 Non-Leader or Supporter "Blazing" Creature from your Discard Pile.

●Blazing Serpent Dragon - 15,000 Degrees[BASE10][Ultra Rare](7)
●Pyro Wisp
●Power:8
●You can only special play this card when a "Blazing" Creature is destroyed. Take 10 Damage, then play this card. While this card is on the board, your Opponent cannot activate Response Cards. When this card is destroyed, add 1 "Blazing" Creature from your Deck to your Hand.
[i]"It's fire burns endlessly, and it forms an arrow of Justice to destroy the forces of evil"[/i]

●Blazing Celestial Dragon-rider: Flaming Arrow of Justice[BASE11][Light Rare](12)
●Dragon - Supporter
●Power:18
●Remove from the Game, from your Hand, Discard Pile or Field "Blazing Serpent Dragon - 15,000 Degrees" and "Blazing Celestial Knight - Angel of Heat and Happiness" to Special Play this card. If this card was Special Played by this effect, it gains the following effects. Otherwise it is destroyed at the End of the Turn. While this card is face-up on the board, your Opponent must discard 1 card to play a Creature Card. Your Opponent cannot activate response cards.
L: Once per turn, discard 2 cards: Destroy all cards on the Board.
L: Discard 1 Card, Take 1 Damage and increase this card's power by 2.
L: Take 5 Damage, this creature deals damage to an opponent when it attacks(If you don't activate this effect, treat all damage as 0.)
When a creature is destroyed by Battle, Draw 1 card and your Opponent takes 1 Damage. If your Opponent controls a "Blazing" or "Celestial's" Creature, do not deal damage. If your Opponent controls a "Scar" card, deal 2 Damage instead.
During the end of your turn, remove this card from the game and play 1 of the Materials used to play it.
[i]"It's fire does not burn endlessly, for it's power comes at great cost. It flies the world, destroying evil where ever it lurks."[/i]

●Blazing Red Coil - 500 Degrees[BASE12]
●???

[/spoiler]

This seems awesome. Me and my friend are always inventing some sort of new TCG, so this is right up my alley.

Just a few questions:

1. Are there costs to play creature cards? Or unless they're like a nomi or semi nomi or something you can just play them.
2. Could you give us a scale of power? Like for each power saying how good its effect would be, what each power equals in terms of YGO attack, what the general maximum of power would be, etc.
3. Could you explain about how many cards you draw at first, turn order, and genrally playing the game?
4. Can we post cards and decks for this? :D

[quote name='~ GMK ~' timestamp='1320712532' post='5624954']
This seems awesome. Me and my friend are always inventing some sort of new TCG, so this is right up my alley.

Just a few questions:

1. Are there costs to play creature cards? Or unless they're like a nomi or semi nomi or something you can just play them.
2. Could you give us a scale of power? Like for each power saying how good its effect would be, what each power equals in terms of YGO attack, what the general maximum of power would be, etc.
3. Could you explain about how many cards you draw at first, turn order, and genrally playing the game?
4. Can we post cards and decks for this? :D
[/quote]

sure, but I'm posting from an iPod now so I can't update tonight ):

Yay, updated! Lemme try my hand at some cards...

Plasma Orb
Elemental
Power: 1
You can discard this card to add up to 2 "Plasma Orb" cards from your Card Stack or Discard Pile to your hand. This effect does not start a Link.
[i]"An electrical elemental that drifts along peacefully"[/i]

Cyber Gunner
Cyber
Power: 2
You can discard a "Plasma Orb" to destroy a card your opponent controls. This effect starts a Link.
[i]"Harnessing elemental power, this futuristic robot can wreak havoc"[/i]

Cyber Scout
Cyber
When this card is played, you can add 1 "Plasma Ball" from your deck to your hand. You cannot use its effect this turn. This effect starts a Link. You can reveal 1 "Plasma Ball" in your hand: This card gains 1 Power. This effect does not start a Link.

Elementech Beast
Cyber Elemental
Power: 6
Can only be played by returning 1 "Plasma Orb" and 1 Cyber-Archetype card from you Discard Pile to your Card Stack. Once per turn, you can discard a "Plasma Ball" and pay 2 Barrier Resources to destroy 1 card your opponent controls. This effect starts a Link.

Feel free to edit them if they're UPed, OPed, or have bad OCG, or whatever you would call it.

[quote name='~ GMK ~' timestamp='1320789174' post='5626861']
Yay, updated! Lemme try my hand at some cards...

Plasma Orb
Elemental
You can discard this card to add up to 2 "Plasma Orb" cards from your Card Stack or Discard Pile to your hand. This effect does not start a Link.
[i]"An electrical elemental that drifts along peacefully"[/i]

Cyber Gunner
Cyber
Power: 2
You can discard a "Plasma Orb" to destroy a card your opponent controls. This effect starts a Link.
[i]"Harnessing elemental power, this futuristic robot can wreak havoc"[/i]

Cyber Scout
Cyber
When this card is played, you can add 1 "Plasma Ball" from your deck to your hand. You cannot use its effect this turn. This effect starts a Link. You can reveal 1 "Plasma Ball" in your hand: This card gains 1 Power. This effect does not start a Link.

Elementech Beast
Cyber Elemental
Power: 6
Can only be played by returning 1 "Plasma Orb" and 1 Cyber-Archetype card from you Discard Pile to your Card Stack. Once per turn, you can discard a "Plasma Ball" and pay 2 Barrier Resources to destroy 1 card your opponent controls. This effect starts a Link.

Feel free to edit them if they're UPed, OPed, or have bad OCG, or whatever you would call it.
[/quote]

I'll add those sometime :P

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1320797569' post='5627186']
I made him more playable :P
[/quote]

Yeah, it is a lot better like that I guess. I was thinking of making the cyber-genetics have to discard plasma ball for their effects and stuff like that, but that WOULD make them a little hard to use. In the meantime, MOAR CARDS!!!!

●Mana Reaper
●Spirit
●Power: 4
●When you play this card, send the top 3 cards of your Card Stack to the Discard Pile. When an Opponent's creature is destroyed in battle via this card, gain Protection Barrier Resources equal to its Power.

●Chainmeister Ninja
●Ninja
●Power: 2
●You can play this card as the second part of a Link or higher. If you play this card this way, end that Link.

●Judgment of the Elders
●Response
●Activate when an Opponent's creature declares an attack. Destroy the attacking creature and end the fight step. Activating this card starts a link.

●Cyber Mech
●Cyber-Genetic - Mount
●You can play this card by discarding 1 "Plasma Ball". Once per turn, you can mount this card to a Cyber-Genetic-Archetype Creature on your side of the field. That card gains the following effects:
■Mounted Creature gains 2 Power. This is a continuous effect and does not start a Link.
■Once per turn, you can discard a Cyber-Genetic-Archetype card: Mounted Creature gains 2 Power.

Once again, nerf or reverse-nerf them to your pleasing! And you can play mounts normally, right? Like, without using their effects.

woo more cards

●Ibana the Valiant Soldier
●Warrior
●This card can attack up to twice per turn. When this card destroys an Opponent's Creature via battle, 1 Warrior-Archetype Creature you control, except "Ibana the Valiant Soldier", gains 1 Power until the end of the turn.

●Ibanathix the Fearless General
●Mana-Warrior
●Power: 4
●Cannot be played except by sending an "Ibana the Valiant Soldier" you control to the Discard Pile. This card can attack up to twice per turn. When this card destroys an Opponent's Creature via battle, you can pay 2 Protection Barrier Resources to add a Warrior-Archetype or Mana-Warrior-Archetype from your Card Stack to your hand.

●Ancient Manablade
●Activation
●1 Warrior-Archetype creature you control gains 2 Power until the end of the turn. At the end of the Fight Step, if it destroyed an Opponent's creature via battle, you can add 1 Mana-Warrior-Archetype card from your Card Stack to your hand.

●Satsuriku the Blood Samurai
●Warrior
●Power: 3
●When this card destroys an Opponent's Creature via battle, they lose 1 Protection Barrier Resource.

●Dai Abare the Red Dawn
●Mana-Warrior
●Power: 5
●Cannot be played except by sending 1 "Satsuriku the Blood Samurai" you control to the Discard Pile. When this card destroys an Opponent's Creature via battle, they lose Protection Barrier Resources equal to that Creature's Power.

Thinking dai might be better at 6 power... your call :P

●Gravity Sprite
●Timespace
●Power: 1
●Once per turn, when this card is discarded, you can return it to your hand.

●Gravity Beast
●Timespace
●Power: 6
●When this card comes into play, you must discard your entire hand (At least 1 card). If you cannot, destroy this card.

●Gravity Mage
●Timespace
●Once per turn, you can discard one card to add one card from your Discard Pile to your hand.

●Gravity Warrior
●Timespace
●Power: 3
●Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand.

●Gravity Starfighter
●Timespace - Mount
●Cannot be played except by discarding 4 cards. Once per turn, you can mount this card to a Timespace-Archetype Creature you control. It gains the following effects:
■Mounted Creature gains 5 Power. This is a continuous effect and does not start a Link.
■Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand.

●Gravity Storm
●QuickTrigger
●Pay 3 Protection Barrier Resources. Return all Creatures on the field to their owners' hands.

Oops, looks like I've been forgetting to put "this effect starts a link" on my cards. Heheh... sorry...

Archived