Lets break Rocks, by giving them an awesome archetype.

Toffee.

Diamond Wing Pteradon -LIGHT-
Lvl4
[Rock/Effect]
When this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Diamond Wing Pteradon" from your deck to your hand. You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 other "Diamond Wing Pteradon" from your Graveyard. The monster Summoned by this effect cannot activate any of it's effects, and has it's ATK and DEF increased by 800.
1500ATK / 500DEF

Diamond Wing Buzzard -LIGHT-
Lvl4
[Rock/Effect]
Once per turn: Discard 1 Rock-Type monster; send 1 "Diamond Wing Buzzard" from your hand or deck to your Graveyard. The following effect can be activated during either player's turn. You can Banish this card and 1 other "Diamond Wing Blizzard" in your Graveyard: Send up to 2 cards on the field to the Graveyard.
1500ATK / 500DEF

Diamond Wing Eagle -LIGHT-
Lvl4
[Rock/Effect]
Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Diamond Wing" monsters you control by 500 for each "Diamond Wing Eagle" in your Graveyard. If this card is destroyed by your Opponent's card(either by battle or card effect): Return 1 other "Diamond Wing" monster in your Graveyard; Add from your deck 1 "Diamond Wing Eagle" to your hand.
1500ATK / 500DEF

Diamond Wing Glider -LIGHT-
Lvl4
[Rock/Effect]
When this card is Summoned: Target 1 other "Diamond Wing" monster you control; send 1 monster from your deck to your Graveyard with the same name as the targeted monster. You can Banish this card and 2 other "Diamond Wing Glider"s in your Graveyard: Discard 1 Rock-Type monster; Draw 2 cards.
1500ATK / 500DEF

Diamond Wing Hummingbird -LIGHT-
Lvl4
[Rock/Effect]
Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: If a "Diamond Wing" monster you control is destroyed as a result of battle; add 1 "Diamond Wing" monster from your deck to your hand with the same name as the destroyed monster. At that time, you take no battle damage. You can Banish 2 "Diamond Wing" monsters in your Graveyard with the same name: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard to your side of the field.
1500ATK / 500DEF

Diamond Wing Condor -LIGHT-
Lvl4
[Rock/Effect]
When this card is Summoned: Discard 1 "Diamond Wing" monster; Send 1 "Diamond Wing" monster from your deck to your Graveyard with the same name as the sent monster. If this Face-Up Attack Position monster is destroyed as a result of battle: Draw 1 card.
1500ATK / 500DEF

Diamond Wing Avian -LIGHT-
Lvl4
[Rock/Effect]
If you control no other cards, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While you have at least 2 "Diamond Wing" monsters in your Graveyard with the same name, the DEF of all Defense Position "Diamond Wing" monsters you control becomes 2000. If this card is destroyed by your Opponent's card(Either by battle or card effect): Send 1 "Diamond Wing Avian" from your deck to your Graveyard.
1500ATK / 500DEF

Shimmering Wing -Spell-
Banish 3 "Diamond Wing" monsters in your Graveyard with the same name: Draw 2 cards.

Prism Forge -Quick-Play Spell-
Target 1 "Diamond Wing" monster you control. Increase the ATK of the targeted monster by 600 for each monster in your Graveyard with the same name, until your next End Phase.

Glass Cannon -Trap-
Return 3 "Diamond Wing" monsters in your Graveyard with the same name to your deck. Select and activate 1 of the following:
•Draw 1 card.
•Return 1 Face-up monster on the field to the top of it's owner's deck.

Damn it, Armz. You beat me to the "Breaking Rocks" Thread.

Lots of draw power, I can see that. I think Diamond Wing Eagle is more along the lines of "Ultra-Broken". Seriously, increasing all monsters with the same name by 500 for each copy of it in the Graveyard? So, no problems there getting a 3000 ATK Beatstick out on the field.

Everything else looks fine. I can see a lot of shenanigans coming from Diamond Wing Hummingbird.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1320806721' post='5627641']
Lots of draw power, I can see that. I think Diamond Wing Eagle is more along the lines of "Ultra-Broken". Seriously, increasing all monsters with the same name by 500 for each copy of it in the Graveyard? So, no problems there getting a 3000 ATK Beatstick out on the field.[/quote]
Wing Eagle makes as much sense as:
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080530030441/yugioh/images/thumb/6/6c/DiscipleoftheForbiddenSpellDR04-EN-C-UE.png/300px-DiscipleoftheForbiddenSpellDR04-EN-C-UE.png[/img]
So how its "ultra overpowered", is beyond me.

Archived