New Card ^^

Neko Girl

[img]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4885/156266.jpg[/img]
Lore: This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is not applied). Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can send 1 card from your Hand to the Graveyard to send the top 3 cards from your opponent's deck to the Graveyard. This card cannot attack during the turn this effect is activated.

So...how is it? ^^"

It's not too bad, however its last effect is quite overpowered. I'd say two or three cards at the most. As for the Trap + Battle safety, I'd use one or the other, or reduce its ATK + DEF accordingly. Besides that, lovely name and typical generic Yu-gi-oh! name makes it pretty darn decent overall. Minor tweaks needed.

it's OPed, you're milling your opponent's deck WAY too quickly

you should have said 1 card in your hand for the top card of your opponent's deck to the graveyard

either that or say you can send a number of cards from your hand to the graveyard to send the top cards of your opponent's deck to the graveyard equal to the number of cards you just discarded

make it mill 5-7 cards and keep it like it is imo. Deck destruction is tricky because all at once is broken, but 1 at a time is bad. It takes more of a set of cards that can mill the deck in quick, small bursts to be considered balanced, or just mill it all at once but be less consistent than other decks (empty jar as an example of that one).

hehe, there's no pleasing you guys. :P
So, should I change it back to 5 cards or keep it at 1?

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1320966754' post='5631588']
Seriously, what was the original effect that made these [i]bad players[/i] complain on how it was overpowered?
[/quote]

The original effect was to discard one card to discard, I think, 5 cards from the top of your opponent's deck.

[quote]This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is not applied). Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can send 1 card from your Hand to the Graveyard to send the top card from your opponent's deck to the Graveyard. This card cannot attack during the turn this effect is activated.[/quote]
Alright, this is my take on it. The first two effects are a wonderful combination. The third one seems too stand-alone. If you wanted to, you could incorporate it with your first two by making it something like this:

[i]This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is [b]applied normally[/b]). [b]When this card battles with a monster, send the top 3 cards of your opponent's deck to the Graveyard. [/b][/i]

The fact she is immune to traps and can take a punch can be integrated with her mill ability this way.

This is just my idea, I hope it helps.

A Welche rating. Congratulation.

Effect: I will start with the effect because it is the most important part of a card. I enjoy the first part, that it can "dodge" trap cards in a way. Works quite well with the rest of the card. The second part is okay, it sorta "dodge"s an attack, especially since you take no damage. Actually that is quite creative. Sadly I think that with the third part you just went to far, trying to add in more just to make the effect longer. It breaks up the flow of the card. Personally I would remove this part just because it messes with the rest of the card.

Name: The name is okay, but the way it looks with the "-" is much more reminiscent of a card from an archetype. I would rather see a combination of the two parts like Shun, the Girl of Agility or something. Do you see what I mean? The way it looks right now I feel more like it is part of a "Girl" archetype.

Stats: Looking at the stats actually I see that this card is kinda like a Ninja. It's a level 4 warrior, WIND with average stats and it has "agility" in the name, plus that fits the art. Just a thought. I see no problems with the stats. Maybe drop it by 100 to make it more searchable? Just an idea.

Picture: I don't like judging a card by the picture because it can sometimes be hard to find a good one and I can't fault you for it. One thing I can say is that it goes pretty great with the effect and name, even if I don't like the way it was drawn. Good job on that one. Personally I would rather see a bit less cleavage and stuff because that is more so how I envision it being printed in English.

No rating from me, it's just a pointless number and from this post I think you can tell what I think of the card. No OCG advice either, but that's only because I can't do OCG.

@TC: Don't listen to ragnarok. Ever. Same with all you guys seeing this message. Got it? Alright.

OT: Change it to milling 5. No sort of idiot's gonna thin your opponent's deck unless he's trying to make the other guy Deck Out, and a -1 that mills your opponent is just...just...terribly terrible. First effect is okay, though.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321024353' post='5632602']
Also, maybe the people saying it was OP didn't see the once per turn part, it's the only thing I can think of to justify it.
[/quote]

The reason why people were saying that this cards last version was broken is because they're bad at YuGiOh. Or they do not actually play it (this being the ragnarok case). So yeah, this is just another example of people in RC that cannot give good cnc at all.

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1321024920' post='5632611']
So yeah, this is just another example of people in RC that cannot give good cnc at all.
[/quote]

Although from my experience so far, WC doesn't have many people rating cards so it's a "damned if you do damned if you don't" kind of thing..
Anyway. It seems like the majority says to change it back to 5 cards.

[quote name='Glowfly' timestamp='1321036571' post='5632943']
[size=6]STOP BEIN MEAN TO RAGGY![/size][/quote]

If he's going to post bad cnc, we will say that his comment was bad. Some harsher than others, but it's needed so new members wouldn't take his comments seriously.

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1321046945' post='5633301']
If he's going to post bad cnc, we will say that his comment was bad. Some harsher than others, but it's needed so new members wouldn't take his comments seriously.
[/quote]

ok, but don't hate just cause he don't play

[quote name='Glowfly' timestamp='1321047028' post='5633305']
ok, but don't hate just cause he don't play
[/quote]

If he doesn't play, he shouldn't be commenting in the first place, because he has no idea how the game works, what decks are the top ones at the moment, how would a card affect the meta etc. etc.

Archived