Now that I'm utterly disappointed in all of you...

Chaos Pudding

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1321026575' post='5632660']
[i]I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at this.[/i]

I laughed as his comment, too... but because he used the past tense and not the present tense.

I post very rarely, but I'm not dead. Essentially, the quality of threads in General has gone so far down that it is no longer [i]fun[/i] to post in them, defeating the entire purpose of a forum. My inactivity in C&O is due to time issues, so I can't necessarily comment on how well that sub-forum is doing, but General and Multimedia haven't had decent threads in a bit, possibly even a few months. We need a new team of members to rise up and inspire creativity and interest, especially since threads these days consist of "Wallpapers" and "Relationships".

Sure, maybe a lot of you think that trolling and flaming is an immature and ineffective way to go about posting, but you fail to realize that, unlike the threads currently in General, it inspires people to post creatively. When I post in troll threads, I check back periodically to see if there are any replies because [i]I know[/i] that somewhere I'm going to be able to laugh, or think, or do something I normally wouldn't be able to do in a generic vanilla thread. Maybe I don't speak for everyone, but when Polaris or Corporal or someone posted in a non-debate thread in General, I was drawn to it. I knew that it was going to be a witty, well-constructed comment that would make me laugh, and that maybe [i]I[/i] could be a part of that. Nothing like senselessly posting wallpapers or talking about your relationship that no one actually cares about. I'm not saying those kinds of threads can't exist, I'm saying that they are the [i]only[/i] kinds of threads that exist at the moment.
[/quote]

And what, pray-tell, would be an example of an interesting thread?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321033191' post='5632845']
And what, pray-tell, would be an example of an interesting thread?
[/quote]

This is an impossible question, as what's interesting to some won't be interesting to others.
As for me, I've only been a member a short time, but I've noticed that it's rare to see a topic that actually gets me interested. Of course, this could be because I've only been on a few days but I'll have to see.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1321026857' post='5632668']
Actually, Tim and Hordesman weren't even members, so you could say the FTR got the FTK locked.
Flame Dragon's still here, I saw him post last night .-.

YCM is different because the community is different. A lot of people are new and a lot of old people have left.
[/quote]un momento, signore. one of [b][i]your [/i][/b]members got the FTK locked. i reported it.

[url="../../user/172204-itachi-v-remo/"]Itachi V. Remo[/url]
Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

[url="../../user/134494-darklink401/"]Darklink401[/url]
Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

[quote name='Ezio Auditore di Firenze' timestamp='1321100104' post='5634512']
un momento, signore. one of [b][i]your [/i][/b]members got the FTK locked. i reported it.

[url="../../user/172204-itachi-v-remo/"]Itachi V. Remo[/url]
Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

[url="../../user/134494-darklink401/"]Darklink401[/url]
Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:48 AM
[/quote]

We've come back after longer hiatuses than that, someone else would have posted if you didn't come in >_>

Oh yeah, YCM has had some events like the YMB and a bigger awards ceremony.

[quote name='Dт. Михаи́л Ботви́нник PчD' timestamp='1321029423' post='5632740']
Myself, Lovely C.C. and Evilfusion are now moderators.[b] C&Os got more powerful and influential.[/b] Activity dropped a fair bit. We are trying to improve the standards in CC.
[/quote]

I call bs on the bolded statement. There are barely any clubs that have 'influence' over the section.

And um...can someone tell me what the YMB and the 'bigger' awards ceremony is? I wasn't around. :I

[quote name='Pikachu' timestamp='1321107573' post='5634623']
And um...can someone tell me what the YMB and the 'bigger' awards ceremony is? I wasn't around. :I
[/quote]
YCM
Members
Brawl

that and the moderators brawl are the only awards that are regular. and both end up to be popularity contest, which gets annoying because I receive numerous PMs telling me to vote for one or the other.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1321112136' post='5634740']
YCM
Members
Brawl

that and the moderators brawl are the only awards that are regular. and both end up to be popularity contest, which gets annoying because I receive numerous PMs telling me to vote for one or the other.
[/quote]

Oh...so its an award kinda thing, I see. Well, things sure have changed a fair bit. Thank you for telling me. ^^

Archived