I should be studying right now

Tentacruel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F*cking hell.

I have a huge test tomorrow and I'm failing the class.

I'm in college, and if I don't pass this class, I can't take the two co-requisite classes required for next semester.

But wait. Worse.

...my parents don't have a f*cking clue. So they can't help me, and if I tell them, they'll be on my ass until the end of the semester, which is next month, and they might continue throughout the program. Hell, they might not even let me transfer to a four-year university.

Yeah. That's my 2 cents. Kept telling myself to study all week but all I did was take it for granted. Now I have no choice but to cram 4 chapters into one night and skim over before class starts, and even then I might not get enough to get an average grade.

I thought about dropping, but that would only make my days even more boring. I need my degree, cause without it, I can't get a good paying job and move out of my parents' house and start my Bachelor's degree.

Man, it's times like these when I just want to say "f*ck it I'm done" and just become obese on the couch.

...yeah.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1321503584' post='5647996']
F*cking hell.

I have a huge test tomorrow and I'm failing the class.

I'm in college, and if I don't pass this class, I can't take the two co-requisite classes required for next semester.

But wait. Worse.

...my parents don't have a f*cking clue. So they can't help me, and if I tell them, they'll be on my ass until the end of the semester, which is next month, and they might continue throughout the program. Hell, they might not even let me transfer to a four-year university.

Yeah. That's my 2 cents. Kept telling myself to study all week but all I did was take it for granted. Now I have no choice but to cram 4 chapters into one night and skim over before class starts, and even then I might not get enough to get an average grade.

I thought about dropping, but that would only make my days even more boring. I need my degree, cause without it, I can't get a good paying job and move out of my parents' house and start my Bachelor's degree.

Man, it's times like these when I just want to say "f*ck it I'm done" and just become obese on the couch.

...yeah.
[/quote]

My parents are the same way, they don't help me but are quick to complain about me failing.

As for the sitting on the couch. Go exercise! Really. It will not only make you healthy, but it will give you a more positive outlook on life.

Seriously.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321506057' post='5648079']
My parents are the same way, they don't help me but are quick to complain about me failing.

As for the sitting on the couch. Go exercise! Really. It will not only make you healthy, but it will give you a more positive outlook on life.

Seriously.
[/quote]

I do exercise, but it's just like homework. I procrastinate. It's hard for me to just get up and wear myself out just to stay thin and stuff. Honestly, my weight and health are the least of my problems right now.

[quote name='Lovely Warrior ❤ Fairymon' timestamp='1321506307' post='5648088']
i push of so much i have three F's i need to start doing some work...
[/quote]

You remind me of one of my high school friends. She had nearly all F's for like 3 terms and had a lot of sex from parental rebellion, so her parents kidnapped her and sent her to a special school in Utah for some rehabilitation. I was shocked to hear the story, but I was happy to see she was a better person. :)

...but still. I have the lowest grade in my class right now, which is very weird cause I'm typically the above average student. So weird. =/

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1321506255' post='5648085']
I do exercise, but it's just like homework. I procrastinate. It's hard for me to just get up and wear myself out just to stay thin and stuff. Honestly, my weight and health are the least of my problems right now.
[/quote]
Health>Grades

Well, I took the test. Did not know sh*t about anything mentioned despite my hour-long cram before class. I had to leave a half-hour early from volunteering and they were gonna have a BBQ. I was so pissed. Now my only loophole is my research paper, which might bring my grade up to a "D" at most if I get an average score on the test.

Man, my shoulders are just PILED with weights this week. I just can't think straight.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1321559474' post='5648924']
Well, I took the test. Did not know sh*t about anything mentioned despite my hour-long cram before class. I had to leave a half-hour early from volunteering and they were gonna have a BBQ. I was so pissed. Now my only loophole is my research paper, which might bring my grade up to a "D" at most if I get an average score on the test.

Man, my shoulders are just PILED with weights this week. I just can't think straight.
[/quote]

everyone usually does when the semester reaches its end

teachers tend to put the most on you by then

[quote name='Itachi V. Remo' timestamp='1321575486' post='5649546']
I just come in early on the day of test and review like a monster

I guess i'm one of the few that can procrastinate and still get some stuff done
[/quote]

That's what I did, but I still didn't know half the sh*t on the test he gave us. I looked over all the main points that we needed to know and on the test are things that are read between the lines. What is this?? -__-

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1321577389' post='5649585']
That's what I did, but I still didn't know half the sh*t on the test he gave us. I looked over all the main points that we needed to know and on the test are things that are read between the lines. What is this?? -__-
[/quote]

that'll be very common in college

by then, you'll realize no matter how much you study, at the end of the day with some professors it's all luck

I'm really good about my work habits when it comes down to school.

If I have a report due in two weeks, I finish it in the first week because I love the relief of not worrying.

However, I procrastinate other things. Such as turning slips in to counselors because those are relatively unimportant to me and I dislike walking to the other side of my school to deal with the incompetent staff team.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321579099' post='5649647']
Personally, I never studied. If I was asked a question, or tried to remember information it wouldn't come to me. But, when I was given a test, I miraculously remembered everything, until the test was over.
[/quote] The only thing I have ever studied for was a few minutes of studying in 5th grade. I got an A+ that year. No matter how hard I try and study, I always get preoccupied with sites like these. At least they aren't effecting me academically... except maybe in math. I am average in math.

[quote name='Oh My Anubis!' timestamp='1322274782' post='5666009']
The only thing I have ever studied for was a few minutes of studying in 5th grade. I got an A+ that year. No matter how hard I try and study, I always get preoccupied with sites like these. At least they aren't effecting me academically... except maybe in math. I am average in math.
[/quote] Woah, woah, woah! I just found a differentiation from Eri Sawachika, the representation of my personality! I am average in math and she is not! Now I can tell my friends that my personality wasn't stolen by the creator of her.

[quote name='Oh My Anubis!' timestamp='1322274856' post='5666009']
The only thing I have ever studied for was a few minutes of studying in 5th grade. I got an A+ that year. No matter how hard I try and study, I always get preoccupied with sites like these. At least they aren't effecting me academically... except maybe in math. I am average in math.
[/quote]

Same here. 5th grade was WAY easier than middle and high school.

On a separate note, I got my test back. Got a 43%, and I was failing before. The only thing left is the research paper, which I did perfectly on on the rough draft apparently, and the final, which I haven't yet made time to start studying for. Meh, screw it. If I end up failing, I'll just drop the course and start another year, and if I pass, I'll move on. That's my plan.

[quote name='Oh My Anubis!' timestamp='1322274856' post='5666009']

Woah, woah, woah! I just found a differentiation from Eri Sawachika, the representation of my personality! I am average in math and she is not! Now I can tell my friends that my personality wasn't stolen by the creator of her.
[/quote]

Eventually it'll catch up with you for what to study and what not

Archived