What do YOU Play?

The Jazz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol trombone.

There's a joke that comes to mind.

One day, a trombone player was walking on the beach and he finds a magic lamp. He rubs it and is shocked when a genie appears before him! "I shall grant you one wish!" the genie says. The trombone player, feeling awed says, "I want all the money in the middle east." "All the money in the middle east!" the genie says back, "Are you crazy? Do you know how much money that is?" The trombone player looks down, pondering it and says, "Fine, all I want is a straight gig. Just one gig, no strings attached."

The genies looks puzzled and says, "What was your first wish again?"

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321390634' post='5644514']
Dis guitar right here.

[img]http://www.guruguitarshop.com/images/FenderTeleDeluxe410-1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

What make and model of guitar is this?

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321461094' post='5646360']
Lol trombone.

There's a joke that comes to mind.

One day, a trombone player was walking on the beach and he finds a magic lamp. He rubs it and is shocked when a genie appears before him! "I shall grant you one wish!" the genie says. The trombone player, feeling awed says, "I want all the money in the middle east." "All the money in the middle east!" the genie says back, "Are you crazy? Do you know how much money that is?" The trombone player looks down, pondering it and says, "Fine, all I want is a straight gig. Just one gig, no strings attached."

The genies looks puzzled and says, "What was your first wish again?"
[/quote]

xD
I've also got a trombone joke:
Q: How do you spot a trombonist's child in the park?
A: He can't swing and he can't slide.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321463263' post='5646404']
Fender Telecaster Deluxe 72 Reissue.

It's an MiM, but it gets the job done.
[/quote]

That's decent. I really like the look of the Teles with humbuckers - but I've actually never ever played on a Fender before, but probably am put off by them because they're so damn expensive in this country. For the price that I could buy a Fender, I could get a middle-to-the-top-of-the-range PRS and Yamaha electric guitar...but I just got the PRS ;)

[quote name='UnmagicMushroom' timestamp='1321464864' post='5646470']
That's decent. I really like the look of the Teles with humbuckers - but I've actually never ever played on a Fender before, but probably am put off by them because they're so damn expensive in this country. For the price that I could buy a Fender, I could get a middle-to-the-top-of-the-range PRS and Yamaha electric guitar...but I just got the PRS ;)
[/quote]
How much are they were you're at?

In the US an MiM strat costs $500.

The guitar I posted is around $750.

Aocustic riff-based guitar shiz and everything involving singing. Clean vocals, harsh vocals, growls (not the inhale shiz, the real stuff), screams.... Everything. Except for falsetto. I wish I could do falsetto.

[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1321475233' post='5646737']
I've been playing guitar a few years now. I also sing. I play some different genres, as well. I play really anything from pop-fused emo (Circa Survive), to Melodic Death Metal (The Black Dahlia Murder).
[/quote]
I'm not sure that BDM is Melodeath :S

[quote name='~Purrloin~' timestamp='1321483995' post='5647082']
I'm not sure that BDM is Melodeath :S
[/quote]

They are. There are a lot of misconceptions that all melodeath sounds like Amon Amarth and In Flames, but it's actually quite a large genre. TBDM uses death metal stylings (mainly in their vocals), but a LOT of melodeath-influenced riffs in their instrumental work. Like, look at the song Moonlight Equilibrium. That chorus is melodeath as s***.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321465955' post='5646506']
How much are they were you're at?

In the US an MiM strat costs $500.

The guitar I posted is around $750.
[/quote]

For a Fender electric guitar of any model, R10000 at the very least - even second hand they're as pricey as they are new. Fenders seem to retain their value, or the people who are selling them as seconds are just stingy xD
And even the Squier range is like half of that price at times - but I can get guitars of far superior quality for about R1000 than what I've seen some Squiers go for, which I think is ridiculous. It's probably the import tax though. But I've heard shops down here can knock some of their stock by 50% and still make a profit - which makes me think: "???!!!"
(btw, currently, $1 = R8 or so)

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321545053' post='5648558']
you want the acoustic or electric guitar?
[/quote]

Start with acoustic and then goto electric when you feel your good enough. It will be so much easier to do chords and such after learning them on an acoustic.

Archived