What do YOU Play?

The Jazz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've learned how to write in notation and guitar tabs, basic music theory.

I can play a few rudiments and blast beats on drums, currently learning guitar and buying an electric on my birthday (it's in Christmas), by then I would've saved enough money to get it. It's a great guitar that's been used for a few months, making it much cheaper for me. Still at a fairly beginner level, but I'm advancing.

The genres I play are Metal and Rock, though I'm trying to get into a few funk and jazz. But since I must train well for guitar, I guess I'll have to focus on my band's genre to play as soon as possible (by next summer at least).

I happen to know how to use the synth program, FL Studio, to a limitee degree. I guess I consider myself sort of an "advanced beginner" at it. I fail at melodies and inspiration tho'.

And as for genres, I don't know what my style is classified under.... General electronic?

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now. I play classical (grade 7 - almost grade 8 level) and teach myself death metal and similar genres (a bit of In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, Avenged Sevenfold's old stuff...) I played jazz for school, but now that I'm pretty much out of school now I won't be doing much of that anymore, but my guitar teacher recons that I could be compared to some 3rd year university jazz students where he lectures and teaches. I'm not sure how true this is though >_>
Oh, and lots of music theory.

Right now, I just want to get my grade 8 classical guitar certificate and possibly get some vocal training. And learn the harmonica.

[quote name='Clair' timestamp='1321376326' post='5643858']
Tenor and soprano saxophone.
Clarinet and bass clarinet.
Piano.

I love music so much. <3
[/quote]

WHY ARE WE NOT MARRIED?!?!

J/K, but yeah, I can play Violin, Guitar, a little bit of piano, and a little bit of Saxophone (Tenor). I also write my own Concerto and Orchestra music with that ingenious program called Finale.

Archived