Sanctum, Session 1: Dog Days [ | OOC | Accepting | Not Started | ]

I have a few questions about...

well, everything.

Like, how fast to Sentinels really move? What weapons do they use? How EXACTLY does a high Synchronization rating help? How does the Rebellion organize? Is there a central leader? What about the Dominion? Who in THERE commands everybody?

I'll be asking a ton more questions once I REMEMBER them all. ><

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1322068719' post='5661242']
I have a few questions about...

well, everything.

Like, how fast to Sentinels really move? What weapons do they use? How EXACTLY does a high Synchronization rating help? How does the Rebellion organize? Is there a central leader? What about the Dominion? Who in THERE commands everybody?

I'll be asking a ton more questions once I REMEMBER them all. ><
[/quote][list=1]
[*]Sentinels can move ( at maximum charge with a heightened Synchronization level ) 400 mph.
[*]Sentinels use these things the people would call 'old weaponry'- the basic, most common thing being found on a Sentinel a high-power laser emitter. It is strong enough to cut through steel with ease, however the Sentinel's core protects it from other Sentinel lasers ( we'll just call them Emitters). Other than that, Sentinels can use almost anything a normal human can use, though due to their larger body structures they might be a bit clumsy in using them. None of those can compare to the Sentinel's REAL power- the ability to amplify the Harmonizer's power. More on that later.
[*]A high Synchronization level means that one is 'bonded' with the Sentinel. The better you know the thing, the better it'll respond to you. As you get higher on the scale (which is exponential, it isn't a flat increase), you'll start to realize that you're in better control of the Sentinel and you'll also find that you're more easily able to tap into your hidden power. From 0-10%, you have very basic motor control over the Sentinel and your abilities are increase ~10 fold. From 10-20% your mobility is much better, and the maximum power you can reach is 100x. From 20-35% you're in near complete control of the Sentinel, and your power is at about 500x the normal. 35-50% you're beginning to grow much, much more powerful at about 2000x power. 50-75% you'd cap out at 5000. 100% is 10,000x more powerful than you'd be without your Sentinel. You and the Sentinel basically become one, but most if not all current humans are unable to attain perfect Synchronization.
[*]The Rebellion has multiple camps set up across southern California, and one large one set up at Death Valley, where the old ruins and the Synchite mines are. They're quite loose, but they are a force to be reckoned with as there are countless veteran Harmonizers within their ranks.
[*]Yes, his name is Atticus, and his Sentinel is called the Mockingbird. I'll post his application information later tonight...
[*]The Dominion is a large empirical alliance whose power stretches from the far eastern seaboard to the westernmost border of what WAS Nevada. They take those who show powers as Harmonizers (who number close to 1500, the total amount of people that live on the Earth after the old war is about 14 million, with most residing in North America) and the law gives them the right to do so. They steal away just about anyone who shows powers.
[*]Yes, they have a leader, but that is also for later.
[/list]

[quote name='Lunæ' timestamp='1322074509' post='5661408'][list=1]
[*]Sentinels can move ( at maximum charge with a heightened Synchronization level ) 400 mph. [b]Woah woah woah. THAT fast? HOW? If they were only 10 feet tall on average, that speed would be impossible to obtain unless they're using FRIKKIN JETS or something! They'd have to be hundreds of feet tall and as agile as a normal human to reach that speed! Explain, please. And while you're at it, how agile are these things?[/b]
[*]Sentinels use these things the people would call 'old weaponry'- the basic, most common thing being found on a Sentinel a high-power laser emitter. It is strong enough to cut through steel with ease, however the Sentinel's core protects it from other Sentinel lasers ( we'll just call them Emitters). Other than that, Sentinels can use almost anything a normal human can use, though due to their larger body structures they might be a bit clumsy in using them. None of those can compare to the Sentinel's REAL power- the ability to amplify the Harmonizer's power. More on that later.
[/list]
[b]So, what about Machine Guns, Snipers, Rocket Launchers, etc?[/b][list=1]
[*]A high Synchronization level means that one is 'bonded' with the Sentinel. The better you know the thing, the better it'll respond to you. As you get higher on the scale (which is exponential, it isn't a flat increase), you'll start to realize that you're in better control of the Sentinel and you'll also find that you're more easily able to tap into your hidden power. From 0-10%, you have very basic motor control over the Sentinel and your abilities are increase ~10 fold. From 10-20% your mobility is much better, and the maximum power you can reach is 100x. From 20-35% you're in near complete control of the Sentinel, and your power is at about 500x the normal. 35-50% you're beginning to grow much, much more powerful at about 2000x power. 50-75% you'd cap out at 5000. 100% is 10,000x more powerful than you'd be without your Sentinel. You and the Sentinel basically become one, but most if not all current humans are unable to attain perfect Synchronization.
[/list]
[b]Makes sense.[/b][list=1]
[*]The Rebellion has multiple camps set up across southern California, and one large one set up at Death Valley, where the old ruins and the Synchite mines are. They're quite loose, but they are a force to be reckoned with as there are countless veteran Harmonizers within their ranks.
[/list]
[b]Kay.[/b][list=1]
[*]Yes, his name is Atticus, and his Sentinel is called the Mockingbird. I'll post his application information later tonight...
[/list]
[b]Kay.[/b][list=1]
[*]The Dominion is a large empirical alliance whose power stretches from the far eastern seaboard to the westernmost border of what WAS Nevada. They take those who show powers as Harmonizers (who number close to 1500, the total amount of people that live on the Earth after the old war is about 14 million, with most residing in North America) and the law gives them the right to do so. They steal away just about anyone who shows powers.
[/list]
[b]Kay.[/b][list=1]
[*]Yes, they have a leader, but that is also for later.
[/list]
[b]Kay.[/b]
[/quote]

[list=1]
[*]This isn't technology you're really supposed to understand. Not many people on the planet (at least in the story) know how these Sentinel machines actually work- after all, what they really are is unknown to them. They only know that some past civilization from before the War utilized them for... something. Humanity has pretty much forgotten about everything from before then. They can attain flight. Yes, they do use some kind of booster, but that's ALL it is. A booster. How they really attain flight is through the will of sheer will of their Harmonizer to do so, or at least that's what everybody thinks as of now. They're also as agile as the person Synchronizing with them- they're more of a suit than anything. At lower Synch levels you'd find yourself a bit tired while piloting, thus making you sluggish. The higher, though, and it'll become like a second body.
[*]Customization is up to the owner of the Sentinel.
[/list]

[quote name='Lunæ' timestamp='1322076627' post='5661455'][list=1]
[*]This isn't technology you're really supposed to understand. Not many people on the planet (at least in the story) know how these Sentinel machines actually work- after all, what they really are is unknown to them. They only know that some past civilization from before the War utilized them for... something. Humanity has pretty much forgotten about everything from before then. They can attain flight. Yes, they do use some kind of booster, but that's ALL it is. A booster. How they really attain flight is through the will of sheer will of their Harmonizer to do so, or at least that's what everybody thinks as of now. [b]So I guess sort of like how Kallen would move like f***ing lightning in Code Geass? Oh, I guess that makes sense. Sort of.[/b]They're also as agile as the person Synchronizing with them- [u]they're more of a suit than anything.[/u] [b]Why didn't you say this is the first place? This answers a good hunk of questions.[/b]At lower Synch levels you'd find yourself a bit tired while piloting, thus making you sluggish. The higher, though, and it'll become like a second body.
[*]Customization is up to the owner of the Sentinel.
[/list]
[/quote]

Kay. Thanks for the answers. The more the knowledge, the better I can RP.

About why I didn't say suit:

Robot sounds better on paper >.<

I shouldn't have done that.

But, they're about half and half. If one attains perfect Synchronization, they could be able to control their Sentinel without even needing to be with it.

Oh, and the 400 mph is pretty much maximum speed at 50% Synchronization running at full power. Not that that would be practical in any battle situation, as Newton's laws are still in effect here, so slowing would be an issue. Past that, though, things start to even out and you could brake the thing as quickly as need be.

...Umm, I'm not particularly familiar with Code Geass, care to explain?

[quote name='Lunæ' timestamp='1322077266' post='5661467']

[b]I'm not thinking them as suits. Not at all. That just helps me figure out how they'd move.[/b]

But, they're about half and half. If one attains perfect Synchronization, they could be able to control their Sentinel without even needing to be with it.

[b]Awesome.[/b]

Oh, and the 400 mph is pretty much maximum speed at 50% Synchronization running at full power. Not that that would be practical in any battle situation, as Newton's laws are still in effect here, so slowing would be an issue. Past that, though, things start to even out and you could brake the thing as quickly as need be.
[b]Oh, ok.[/b]
[b]If I remember correctly, during the last few episodes of R2 (Season 2), most Knightmare Frames (Their version of Mechs) were outfitted with devices that let them fly. Kallen was zipping all throughout the screen lightning fast, slicing and dicing at..."friendenemy"...forces. (You'd have to watch it to get that last part ><)[/b]
[/quote]

By the way, could you add these parts to my app, in Personality and Sentinel, respectively.

"Astral prefers to either move fast or move quiet."

"This Sentinel has a rather slow walking speed, with the max speed about 30 MPH But it's made up for by almost always using it's Boosters and Jetpack to hover around rather than walk, able to reach a maximum of 100 MPH at 1/4 power."

Any questions about what I want to add?

[quote name='Lunæ' timestamp='1322077266' post='5661467']

[/quote]

No, Lunar. We're not gonna explain something from Code Geass for you. You know why? Hmm, now that I think about it... it could be I've been yelling at you to watch the damn thing for over a month. It's like everything else anime, take a concept... and OVER-STYLIZE IT!

Besides, it's not a character can obtain the 100% sync since only t- *murdered by myself to stop from future plot changes planned*

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1322077518' post='5661476']
By the way, could you add these parts to my app, in Personality and Sentinel, respectively.

"Astral prefers to either move fast or move quiet."

"This Sentinel has a rather slow walking speed, with the max speed about 30 MPH But it's made up for by almost always using it's Boosters and Jetpack to hover around rather than walk, able to reach a maximum of 100 MPH at 1/4 power."

Any questions about what I want to add?
[/quote]

Actually in my idea this works quite well... considering that I wanted in combat for Sentinels to be fast but not 400 MPH fast fighting. I think we should dial down the max speed for Sentinels, Lunar.

If we lower speed in general...cause now that I think about it, 30 MPH is frikkin fast for just walking.

Maybe 10 MPH for mine...

When you think about it all, since it functions like a second body, can't you only move as fast as the pilot could move? Just upscaled a little.

7 MPH might be good for walking speeds. That would make mine about 5.

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1322079538' post='5661525']
If we lower speed in general...cause now that I think about it, 30 MPH is frikkin fast for just walking.

Maybe 10 MPH for mine...

When you think about it all, since it functions like a second body, can't you only move as fast as the pilot could move? Just upscaled a little.

7 MPH might be good for walking speeds. That would make mine about 5.
[/quote]

It's still a huge enhancement to the body in terms of strength and speed. That's a bit slow, especially for a ten foot tall mech suit.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u]Character Name:[/u] Tsurugi
[u]Character Age:[/u] 17
[u]Character Gender:[/u] Male
[u]Character Callsign (if any):[/u] Daemon
[u]Character Description:[/u] Tsurugi is average when it comes to size for his age, which would be 5'11. His hair is sleek black with a douche swish coming from the left corner of his hair, but brought back behind his ear. He covers his hair by wearing a white fedora hat. His face is nearly flawless except for some pimples on his cheek. His skin tone is kind of pale, but lighter than tan. He wears a nice button down white shirt with the first button at the top is unbuttoned. For pants, he wears simple dark washed skinny jeans for comfort and a black belt that has red spikes on it as a fashion sense. He looks nothing more than an average teen who is only beginning life on his own. With that, he wants to not been seen, so he tends to stay in crowds and his clothing helps him not to be seen.
[u]Sentinel Name:[/u] Cougar
[u]Sentinel Description:[/u] Cougar is a speed based sentinel that is shaped like a human with two arms and legs and a cat-like head with hidden wings on the inside of it. There is nothing different about this sentinel from others of the same kind, except the fact that it has hands that contain springs in them for more speed and quick plus high jumps when in action. This sentinel also has a sharp 4 foot laser on the right shoulder of it. The color of this sentinel is both black and red with tints of purple on the eye holes. Inside this sentinel is complete wires except in the cockpit, which rests right at the top of the head. When in combat, spikes can come out of the sides of the legs for close fighting and easy attacks. The metal of this sentinel is one of the rarest ones found, but that is normal for most sentinels of this kind.
[u]Synchronization Rate:[/u] 32%
[u]Faction:[/u] The Dominion
[u]Harmonizer Powers:[/u] Tsurugi has the ability to make his sentinel move as fast as light, but not being able to attack when doing so.
[u]Character Personality:[/u] Personality wise, he is a easy going kid who doesn't do well in calm going situations that consist of him talking and not being in action, even if he is laid back. This guy loves to get into battles with his enemies whenever he has the chance, but only to smell the scent of blood stained into the air that he is breathing. During the situations he is not good in, he still has the ability to think rationally and not do anything too hasty that could cost him his own life, the same goes with battling. He lives in a state of complete confusion for what he does, but he still knows what he is doing when he is doing it. The confusion that he lives in his the fact that he doesn't believe that his life is real, which is why he does not want to do. That would be so he can be able to figure out the truth.
[u]Character Biography[/u]: When this guy was born, he lived in California among many of the rebels of the dominion. His family was always trying to hurt the ones that almost hurt them during their days at the Dominion head quarters. His family was, most of the time, leaders of air assaults to take revenge upon the dominion during their prime days of the rebellion. Each fight they lead always ended up in tragedy with most of their team dead and barely anyone that they opposed.

When the came back from one of their more recent fights, everyone they were working with was completely killed in battle with having their sentinels broken for spare parts and nothing more. As they returned, people that thought highly of them for some reason had more thoughts about killing them for acts of betrayal. They were hanged from the tops of their sentinels for doing such acts by their necks, covered in black ski masks so that they could not see anything but the life they were going to see after they died. Complete darkness has scattered through out the rebellion for at least two months after Tsurugi's parents were killed because no one trusted each other for two leaders that were of one of the highest ranks in this faction were opposed and thought of as nothing more than killers of allies in the end.

No one knew of his relations to his parents except for two people on his parents team which had died in their last air strike. Which, because his parents wanted nothing to do with him, he was sent to an orphanage at the start of his life that was held nearly half way around the country. In only a few days at the orphanage, he was adopted by two parents who worked for the dominion as seekers to find the location of any rebellion that opposed the main goal that the dominion wanted to obtain. On the way back to the dominion, Tsurugi was placed in the back of his foster mother's sentinel which was a cheetah shape one. As they were returning to the main headquarters that they lived at, they were attacked from the air by Tsurugi's real parents and his foster father was badly injured.

Even if he was injured, everyone who was heading to the dominion headquarters did in his foster mothers sentinel, which only composed of 4 people. One tag along, him and his foster parents. From upon reaching the headquarters, he was searched and became a full fledged member even at his age, only a few months. From that moment on, he was raised as a kid of those people and taught everything he knew about fighting from them. When he reached the age of 15, he had gotten his own sentinel and now works along side his new founded family. He never learned about his life or his parents, all he knows is that he is adopted.[/font][/size]

[quote name='Daemon' timestamp='1322097379' post='5662215']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u]Harmonizer Powers:[/u] Tsurugi has the ability to [b]bend time up to about 3 hours[/b], which can only be accessed when blood is dripping from his body.[/font][/size]
[/quote]

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE LORD OF OVERPOWERED ABILITIES IS THIS!?

Archived