Tour Guide

I have a few of this in my collection, and it's an amazing card from what I can tell. It thins your deck just by playing it, It allows Rank 3s to be played pretty much from your hand. Unfortunately, it needs a reprint so those players who can't splurge out £100 on singular cards can still play this card. I know you could proxy it, but you can't in Official Tournements. The point is, it's so searchable by sangan, and she can grab another copy of herself, which is not only plainly silly, but it's an Instant Rank 3 card that really should have had a Cost to that Special Summon.

Even then, it'd still be a great card but I would've liked it more if it wasn't a instant rank 3 from my opponent as soon as she hits the Field. Tour Guide is definately a Meta-defining card, though.

[quote name='Hadouken Red' timestamp='1321722037' post='5652687']
The point is, it's so searchable by sangan, and she can grab another copy of herself, which is not only plainly silly, but it's an Instant Rank 3 card that really should have had a Cost to that Special Summon.
[/quote]

That's the point, though. Even other monsters that can Special Summon from the Deck (like Summoner Monk, for example) are +-0, because you have to get rid of a Spell Card in order to activate it's effect.

Rescue Rabbit also needs attention.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1321722213' post='5652690']
That's the point, though. Even other monsters that can Special Summon from the Deck (like Summoner Monk, for example) are +-0, because you have to get rid of a Spell Card in order to activate it's effect.

Rescue Rabbit also needs attention.
[/quote]

But tour guide is a +1 by just Summoning it, which ok: That advantage diminishes once you Xyz or Whatever, but you still had that advantage and Xyzs are exceptionally good at specific things. If you could've used it's Special for a Synchro? Bloody heck. Level 5,6,7,8s all over the damn place.

EDIT: Fixed wording

[quote name='Hadouken Red' timestamp='1321722473' post='5652696']
But tour guide is a +1 by just Summoning it, which ok: That advantage diminishes once you Xyz or Whatever, but you still had that advantage and Xyzs are exceptionally good at specific things. If you could've used it's Special for a Synchro? Bloody heck. Level 5,6,7,8s all over the damn place.

EDIT: Fixed wording
[/quote]

You can't use Tour Guide's SS as Synchro material.

EDIT: Ninja Edited. Is that even possible?

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1321722556' post='5652699']
You can't use Tour Guide's SS as Synchro material.
[/quote]

If you could, there would be so many broken combos it wouldn't even be funny anymore. Many people however seem to forget that Tour Guide herself can be used as Synchro Material. Not saying it's useful and or practical, I'm just putting this information out there.

Archived