(What if your facedown is) SANGAN!?!

I know everyone used this first when the BS Xyz ruling was here, but I've seen more and more people search another TGU first. I'd actually like to hear reasoning as to why.

Getting Sangan first allows you to use revival with it etc and since you still have 2 more TGU in the deck (presumably) you have a higher chance of running into one.

Just my thoughts. I might change if I get a nice counter to my argument.

[quote name='Horus' timestamp='1321823887' post='5655516']
I know everyone used this first when the BS Xyz ruling was here, but I've seen more and more people search another TGU first. I'd actually like to hear reasoning as to why.

Getting Sangan first allows you to use revival with it etc and since you still have 2 more TGU in the deck (presumably) you have a higher chance of running into one.

Just my thoughts. I might change if I get a nice counter to my argument.
[/quote]

It's mainly if you don't want to waste a Sangan on an Xyz, when TGU can do the same. To be honest, it's only worth doing it like that when you know your deck has a fairly similar mid/late game compared to early game.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321823415' post='5655501']
Because that way, Creeping Darkness is basically Sangan, and searches anything with <1500 ATK.[/quote]
Creeping grabs [i]any[/i] [u]level 4[/u] DARK, regardless of ATK or DEF.
But the fact Tour Guide basically will instantly set it up for you, is just ridiculous :/

Despite the fact I like Sangan, Tour Guide broke it.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1321828206' post='5655680']

Creeping grabs [i]any[/i] [u]level 4[/u] DARK, regardless of ATK or DEF.
But the fact Tour Guide basically will instantly set it up for you, is just ridiculous :/

Despite the fact I like Sangan, Tour Guide broke it.
[/quote]

:> Good. Imagine if Creeping Darkness was Level 4 or lower.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321828613' post='5655697']
:> Good. Imagine if Creeping Darkness was Level 4 or lower.[/quote]
Inzecters become god-tier.
But that would be the least of our worries, as just about [i]EVERYTHING[/i] that ran DARKs would become broken.

Grabbing Sangan is so mainstream. I always go for Dark Resonator, then bounce it with Birdman and synch for 6.

JK.

Theoretically, going for Sangan with your first TGU is the best option. It depends on the situation whether you let Sangan die or Exceed. Before Zenmaines, there weren't any generically good Rank3s (Leviair is only good if there's something banished that's worth grabbing back), but now going for Rank 3 with Sangan is a legit move.

Archived