Super Street Fighter IV

wiithepeople

This game is still one of my favorites. Even though it will fall by the wayside as soon as SFxTekken comes out, we can still discuss this, trade some PSN and XBL names (or Friend Codes if you have the 3DS version like me), and whatever else that comes to mind.

Anyway, My best character is Zangief, while I'm also testing out Gen and Sagat to help build my overall character range.

[quote name='-Tsubaki-' timestamp='1321960034' post='5658871']
I top all the time with Juri, ujelly
[/quote]

how good are the people you play

o, and I win all the time with Akuma..owait.

[quote]This is about Street Fighter Shard keep Blazblue out of it.[/quote]

Street fighter needs more ASTRAL FINISH and EXCELLENCE. Tbh, one of the reasons I don't like this is Ultras are a retarded mechanic. Even though they're hardly ever used. Why should the winning player get punished for y'know.....winning?

Vega and Juri all day erry 'day.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1321849900' post='5656462']
BlazBlue's like 200x better than this, as is GG and AH but whatever. Main is Cody.
[/quote]

ahaha funny funny man

[quote name='-Tsubaki-' timestamp='1321960034' post='5658871']
I top all the time with Juri, ujelly
[/quote]

So do I.

It's nothing magical.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1322102495' post='5662550']
Are you saying BB/GG/AH are bad? Meh, I just don't like street fighter that much, I perfer sf3: 3rd strike personally. Not really into 2.5D.
[/quote]
Their not bad, but they arn't our preference. Don't come on a thread just to say how other games are better if you want to talk about those games make a thread and talk about them there. If you don't like Street Fighter why come to a thread about it?

[quote name='Lovely Warrior ❤ Fairymon' timestamp='1322189192' post='5663869']
Their not bad, but they arn't our preference. Don't come on a thread just to say how other games are better if you want to talk about those games make a thread and talk about them there. If you don't like Street Fighter why come to a thread about it?
[/quote]

I didn't say I didn't like Street Fighter.

im really hoping they bring back yun and yang back into the picture, they were great characters, anyways

I'm an Akuma user because the absorb cancel into teleport has some great keep away metagame and his air projectiles cool down can be glitched with or exploited for nice crossover combo starters.
the reason I lose with him is when people predict my crossover timings (which actually dosn't happen often) and I over shoot the jump and i get punished without block from the back. win loss ratio with him is about 4.5:1 maybe 5:1 with credibility

I also like juri because of her unpredictable movements, I lose with her when I miss my super combo and get punished on the landing but not as much as akuma because her vital isnt as trash. 3:1

I hear gen is suppose to be like god tier but I don't get how to use him well.

[quote name='WTFauKorean' timestamp='1322830340' post='5680384']
I hear gen is suppose to be like god tier but I don't get how to use him well.
[/quote]

Gen is essentially has anti-air with his Mantis style and anti-ground with his Crane style. You need to either hotkey both Light+Mid+Heavy commands or keep each group close together simply because if your opponent is jumping into your Mantis style Gen, you can effectively switch into Crane and hit him with a Jyasen or a Jyakoha/Ryukoha. His Mantis Super is very good at keeping combos going, especially following up with either an Mantis or Crane Ultra 1 or a Gekiro. Hyakurenko is his basic anti-ground. EX variant is especially powerful after a M/H Punch simply because by using an EX Focus Cancel you can then chain an H Hyakurenko to it. It's also possible to chain H Hyakus together with a well timed EX Focus Cancel, but it's very hard to do unless you're very skilled with Gen. Playing with Gen takes a good amount of practice but you can reap the benefits with him when you do.

Archived