Super Street Fighter IV

wiithepeople

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1322831446' post='5680397']
Gen is essentially has anti-air with his Mantis style and anti-ground with his Crane style. You need to either hotkey both Light+Mid+Heavy commands or keep each group close together simply because if your opponent is jumping into your Mantis style Gen, you can effectively switch into Crane and hit him with a Jyasen or a Jyakoha/Ryukoha. His Mantis Super is very good at keeping combos going, especially following up with either an Mantis or Crane Ultra 1 or a Gekiro. Hyakurenko is his basic anti-ground. EX variant is especially powerful after a M/H Punch simply because by using an EX Focus Cancel you can then chain an H Hyakurenko to it. It's also possible to chain H Hyakus together with a well timed EX Focus Cancel, but it's very hard to do unless you're very skilled with Gen. Playing with Gen takes a good amount of practice but you can reap the benefits with him when you do.
[/quote]

sounds kind of like KOF may lee with the exception that gens anti-air are strait up with priority. sounds like a character worth practicing maybe, on PC and then on arcade pad, then controller. these mode changes into a tech counter or faster sounds like ridiculous reaction, but the combos sound like bread and butter. thx for the tips dude

P.S is there hot key settings in the arcade mode?

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1322831536' post='5680398']
Thinking about dropping this so I can afford KOF14....
[/quote]

kof lost their magic from form 2003, they made the visuals beautiful but they sacrificed game play and satisfaction it brings for skillful combos and skilled distancing and pokes.

[quote name='WTFauKorean' timestamp='1322835631' post='5680440']
sounds kind of like KOF may lee with the exception that gens anti-air are strait up with priority. sounds like a character worth practicing maybe, on PC and then on arcade pad, then controller. these mode changes into a tech counter or faster sounds like ridiculous reaction, but the combos sound like bread and butter. thx for the tips dude

P.S is there hot key settings in the arcade mode?

kof lost their magic from form 2003, they made the visuals beautiful but they sacrificed game play and satisfaction it brings for skillful combos and skilled distancing and pokes.
[/quote]

but SSFIV is horrible

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1322866567' post='5681330']
I don't hate street fighter, I just think 4 is ehhh
[/quote]

Just wait till SFxTek comes out. I'm obviously gonna rock some Zangief, but I'm not sure what Tekken player to try out. Maybe Bob, since I've tried him out and I'm pretty good with him.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1322836277' post='5680445']
but SSFIV is horrible
[/quote]

thinking from a gamers perspective, street fighter has actually improved over the years
the original street fighter to street fighter alpha 3 was all pretty much trash compared to games made by SNK or games like tekken being made in closely the same year/s

street fighter 3: 1st strike - 3rd strike and street fighter 4 however became a huge huge HUGE improvement, not because of its visual display, but because its game play became fast paced, yet timed, calculated and well thought out

balanced issues were perfected and innovative game mechanics appealed to the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer.
move lists expanded in a way you cant just projectile = win

all this put into play makes ss4 probably the best fighting game of this year

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1322866833' post='5681340']
Just wait till SFxTek comes out. I'm obviously gonna rock some Zangief, but I'm not sure what Tekken player to try out. Maybe Bob, since I've tried him out and I'm pretty good with him.
[/quote]

its really hard to tell how the characters will turn out in this cross over, because tekken mechanics are just so different from SF
taking the SF game play style i can imagine any zangief player would use king as their tekken choice
I feel as if some character may mirror street fighter characters that were pulled out of roster like rolento or at least be quite similar.

I would still stick with Akuma but the 2 tae kwon do characters hwang and bak would probably fit me more than akuma, because it actually allows more pressure game instead of counter game. they probably base their meta game on being able put pressure on their wake up.

[quote name='WTFauKorean' timestamp='1322884664' post='5682175']
its really hard to tell how the characters will turn out in this cross over, because tekken mechanics are just so different from SF
taking the SF game play style i can imagine any zangief player would use king as their tekken choice
I feel as if some character may mirror street fighter characters that were pulled out of roster like rolento or at least be quite similar.

I would still stick with Akuma but the 2 tae kwon do characters hwang and bak would probably fit me more than akuma, because it actually allows more pressure game instead of counter game. they probably base their meta game on being able put pressure on their wake up.
[/quote]

I figure the button inputs for the Tekken characters will be completely different from the SF characters (e.g. The idea that Murdok will feel like you're playing as Balrog will be far from true. Tekken players can play like Tekken players simply because they have Tekken inputs and the same goes to SF players.) Again, the only Tekken character I could ever use well is Bob, since he plays a lot like T. Hawk and Mantis Style Gen (as opposed to his SF lookalike Rufus.) All I have to do is imagine I'm playing as Mantis Style only Gen and chain punches like I chain H Hyakurenkos together.

Oh, and do you already know that SF has a taekwondo fighter called Juri?

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1322886954' post='5682219']
I figure the button inputs for the Tekken characters will be completely different from the SF characters (e.g. The idea that Murdok will feel like you're playing as Balrog will be far from true. Tekken players can play like Tekken players simply because they have Tekken inputs and the same goes to SF players.) Again, the only Tekken character I could ever use well is Bob, since he plays a lot like T. Hawk and Mantis Style Gen (as opposed to his SF lookalike Rufus.) All I have to do is imagine I'm playing as Mantis Style only Gen and chain punches like I chain H Hyakurenkos together.

Oh, and do you already know that SF has a taekwondo fighter called Juri?
[/quote]

have you been reading my above posts? lol shes my second most used character, but the difference is juri is also a counter character not a pressure, mostly close range absorb and projectile or early jump in counters

tekken TKD characters are just assumed to be solid pressure play

Archived