Not more Generic RNK4s [Violence O-MEGA]

DARKPLANT RISING

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/9ibqy0.jpg[/IMG]
Violence O-MEGA
RNK4 FIRE Machine-Type [2500/2000]
2x Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn: You can detatch 1 of this card's Xyz Materials. While this card has no Xyz Materials: You can destroy this card (you can activate this effect during either player's turn). If this card was destroyed: You can select 1 card on the field; Destroy it.

Creative like a boss

Card is slow, and its survival chances are not 100% in order to pull its destruction effect. Also, I find the 1-1 destruction underpowered, considering it took you 2 cards to Summon this and up to 2 turns to apply its effect successfully.

I think a protection effect similar to Zenmaines would help; and for the destruction, I feel it would be balanced if it destroyed all monster on the fields, if not all cards on the field (so in reference to its name and type, it would work more like a bomb, and plus it would become the Xyz version of Black Rose Dragon).

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321894635' post='5656976']
Card is slow, and its survival chances are not 100% in order to pull its destruction effect. Also, I find the 1-1 destruction underpowered, considering it took you 2 cards to Summon this and up to 2 turns to apply its effect successfully.
[/quote]

Because your opponent obviously cannot destroy this card. :neutral:

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321894635' post='5656976']
I think a protection effect similar to Zenmaines would help; and for the destruction, I feel it would be balanced if it destroyed all monster on the fields, if not all cards on the field (so in reference to its name and type, it would work more like a bomb, and plus it would become the Xyz version of Black Rose Dragon).
[/quote]

That would make the card broken. A Xyz that has Dark Hole and a Heavy Storm effects that go off when it's destroyed? TOTALLY BALANCED, MAN!

Well, yes. Black Rose Dragon does the same, but its even worse because chances are you will Summon it while you have few cards on field and you have almost total control of the "explosion".

O-mega, however, would hurt both players because you would have to remain 1-2 turns with few cards (almost no backrow, few monsters, etc.) to reduce your loss when it "explodes", leaving you exposed to your opponent, except for the 2500-ATK wall between the two. But if he/she manages to get rid of O-mega before it losses it materials (by bouncing, banishing, etc.), then you will be in a tight spot.

EDIT:
Following the suggestion, I would change the effect to being [i]not optional[/i] so you don't get to blow O-mega at the desired moment but right when it losses it 2 Xyz Materials, giving you less control over it.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321896448' post='5657018']
Well, yes. Black Rose Dragon does the same, but its even worse because chances are you will Summon it while you have few cards on field and you have almost total control of the "explosion". [/quote]

So you're saying that because of BRD allows you to control the explosion, Darkplant should make this card broken?

O-mega, however, would hurt both players because you would have to remain 1-2 turns with few cards (almost no backrow, few monsters, etc.) to reduce your loss when it "explodes", leaving you exposed to your opponent, except for the 2500-ATK wall between the two. But if he/she manages to get rid of O-mega before it losses it materials (by bouncing, banishing, etc.), then you will be in a tight spot.
[/quote]

Oh god damn it, do you not understand card balance at all? Besides, the point of this card at the moment is that if your opponent cannot or will not destroy this, you have the choice to destroy it at will to get the one-for-one effect. Heck, the card is more control than massive nuke, since you control what it will and what time it destroys anything via its effect. And it doesn't matter if there are other ways to get this card off the field without destroying. That just means that your opponent wasted a card on this, and you didn't lose much because of that.

EDIT:
Following the suggestion, I would change the effect to being [i]not optional[/i] so you don't get to blow O-mega at the desired moment but right when it losses it 2 Xyz Materials, giving you less control over it.
[/quote]

Christ, this suggestion makes the card slow and not worth the effort. Seriously, the card is fine as it is at the moment, and [i]any [/i]suggestion to give it a wider range of destruction will just make it broken.

BRD is not broken; then it would be @1. It's true that it has a huge destructive power, but being @3 means there are worse threats out there.

And as it is now, you won't get the chances of activating O-Mega's effect and you are better off with summoning Roach or Utopia over this, or at least I wouldn't Summon this. Just think in the Deck Bosses currently out there: Grapha, Hyperion, Level-8 Synchros and, to a lesser extent, Machina Fortress. All of them can get rid of O-Mega (by their affects and by battle) before it losses its materials (unless you use cards like Xyz Territory, Kuribolt, Xyz Gift, etc.; which would be then situational), and thus O-Mega will miss its chance of destroying a card by its effect. Now add the availability of generic card destruction such as Dark Hole, Smashing Ground, Ryko, etc. With so many threats, the probabilities of activating O-Mega's effect are way too low. Where is the balance there?
As how things are, O-Mega is virtually a non-Effect Rank4 Xyz with 100 ATK less than Gemknight Pearl.

On the other hand, if it blows the entire field and has Zenmaines protection, O-Mega would be a timed bomb, and any card your opponent previously Set/activated/Summoned will be hopeless (unless he/she recovers them somehow), giving him/her a bit of despair which may lead to desperate reactions (that is, O-Mega would also play with the opponent's mind and strategy). Or you could activate the Xyz Support cards already mentioned to get rid of the Materials right after you Summon O-Mega and catalyst the destruction, in a similar fashion to BRD.

EDIT: As an added comment, non-Tuner Xyz Decks would find this card useful as a field-clearer, Xyz-version of BRD.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321900518' post='5657128']
With so many threats, the probabilities of activating O-Mega's effect are way too low. Where is the balance there?
As how things are, O-Mega is virtually a non-Effect Rank4 Xyz with 100 ATK less than Gemknight Pearl.
[/quote]

BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DESTROY IT BY ITS OWN EFFECT TO GET THE LAST EFFECT ACTIVATED. How hard is that to understand? ._."

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321900518' post='5657128']
BRD is not broken; then it would be @1. It's true that it has a huge destructive power, but being @3 means there are worse threats out there.[/quote]

Black Rose Dragon is broken. I mean, how is a free generic field nuke anything but broken? And list position of BRD doesn't change the fact that it is broken. It was a stupid choice made by Konami, nothing else.

Damn, you are right: I misread the last effect. I apologize for my pointless arguments.

The card doesn't sound that bad now, but I doubt I would use it outside of Solid Machine Decks. By the way, Its effect is an improved version of Machina Fortress's first effect.

[center]If it could Dark Hole, then it would be OP due to CotH and Monster Reborn bringing it back with 0 Material, or Xyz Reborn bringing it back with 1 then it just removing that 1 and nuke.[/center]
[center]The one for one is certainly not great though. Just add a draw 1 effect to the destroy for a Gemini Spark-like effect.[/center]

Archived