Psychographic player profiles

Johnny is the creative gamer to whom the game is a form of self-expression. Johnny likes to win, but he wants to win with style. It’s very important to Johnny that he win on his own terms. As such, it's important to Johnny that he's using his own deck. Playing the game is an opportunity for Johnny to show off his creativity.

Timmy wants to experience something. Timmy plays the game because he enjoys the feeling he gets when he plays. What that feeling is will vary from Timmy to Timmy, but what all Timmies have in common is that they enjoy the visceral experience of playing.

Spike is the competitive player. Spike plays to win. Spike enjoys winning. To accomplish this, Spike will play whatever the best deck is. Spike will copy decks off the Internet. Spike will borrow other players' decks. To Spike, the thrill of the game is the adrenalin rush of competition. Spike enjoys the stimulation of outplaying the opponent and the glory of victory.

3 main player profiles. Which do you think you are, and why?

Guest Guardian Ceal

Johnny is the creative gamer to whom the game is a form of self-expression. Johnny likes to win, but he wants to win with style. It’s very important to Johnny that he win on his own terms. As such, it's important to Johnny that he's using his own deck. Playing the game is an opportunity for Johnny to show off his creativity.

WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Banishychics before they were cool, Evols before they were cool, CEAL.DEK, GENEX, and Machina I guess...ARE AWESOME DECKS AND CREATIVE!

This I can totally relate with. =3

Timmy wants to experience something. Timmy plays the game because he enjoys the feeling he gets when he plays. What that feeling is will vary from Timmy to Timmy, but what all Timmies have in common is that they enjoy the visceral experience of playing.

... this, I'm not entirely certain of, but doesn't seem all that bad.

Spike is the competitive player. Spike plays to win. Spike enjoys winning. To accomplish this, Spike will play whatever the best deck is. Spike will copy decks off the Internet. Spike will borrow other players' decks. To Spike, the thrill of the game is the adrenalin rush of competition. Spike enjoys the stimulation of outplaying the opponent and the glory of victory.

A.K.A., the ones who are most likely to ragequit on DN

... and just in case it wasn't obvious enough, I'm a Johnny.

... ... and I think a Billy would be a combination of a Johnny and a Timmy

Well, as I told Rodrigo before on MSN, there are 3 spheres of the game:

1. Dueling

2. Deckbuilding

3. Theory.

Johnnies are good at all of them. They need a theory to make original, good decks and enough skill to pilot them. Timmies don't need theory too much, they care only about what they feel when playing. Finally, Spikes really care only for the first thing.

I play to win, and enjoy the feeling of out playing the opponent. I overall enjoy doing more than I have to do for an OTK.

But I do it by actually giving my wins credibility - I make my own decks, and work on them. Net decking just means you didn't work for it at all.

generalizing is so childish.

but if you want to get a consensus of what players are like, I play mostly on the theory side, and focus on the social aspect of the game. I care more about power in the social world than I do in the game, if however power in the game can push my agenda, then I'll acquire it.

I'm not telling anyone to say "I'm X" and end. Like, Yankee did it right. Said what type he is, but in what sense. You did the same pretty much.

Archived