Glad Tuners + Synchro.....Final Edits----I think skylie is now op'd...

Master White

[center]Okay, so now they are proly overpowered, but I am trying at least.....[/center]

[center][b][img]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8492/gladbeast.png[/img][/b][/center]

[center][b]Lore[/b][/center]

[center][i][i]1 Tuner + 1 or more "Gladiator Beast" monsters. Card cannot be Synchro Summoned except by returning the Tuner to your Deck and the rest of the Synchro Material cards used to Synchro Summon this card to the Graveyard. When this card is Synchro Summoned: Discard 1 card; Banish 2 cards your opponent controls. If this card attacked or was attacked; You can return this card to your Extra Deck to Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Extra Deck ignoring the Summoning conditions, Deck or Hand except for the Synchro Materials used for this Synchro Summon. (A Special Summon of a Synchro monster is treated as an Synchro Summon".[/i][/i][/center]

[center][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8051/gladbeastelfinwitch.png[/img]

[/center]

[center][i][i][i]When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: You can Discard 2 cards; Target up to 4 cards in your opponents Hand equal to number of "Gladiator Beast" monsters you control; Return those targets to their Deck. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Elfin Witch".[/i][/i][/i][/center]

[center][img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5300/gladbeastskyliey.png[/img][/center]

[center][i][i]This card is also treated as a Beast-type monster. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: Increase your Life Points and the ATK and DEF of every face-up monster you control by 1000 for each face-up "Gladiator Beast" monster you control, then inflict the same amount as damage to your opponent. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Skylie”.[/i][/i][/center]

This card is absolutely [i]terrible[/i]. The fact that you have to run Tuners in Gladiator Beasts makes this bad enough, seeing as how Gladiator Beasts without Tuners are more consistent than Gladiator Beasts with Tuners, but the fact that you have to use GYZARUS to Synchro Summon this makes this... just completely unplayable. The only way that this would be even decent would be if Rescue Cat came back. Now... The effect as it is is completely unworth it. I'd much rather just keep my Gyzarus, tag out at the end of the Battle Phase and get 2 other things to start even more shenanigans and keep the Tuners for other Synchro Shenanigans. The only way you could make this better is if you was to make the other material a Beast-Type, Beast-Warrior-Type or Winged Beast-Type Gladiator Beast instead of just Gyzarus.

Also, you brought up a random card that doesn't exist.

@sgrug: Don't worry, that was another updated effect.....I'm keeping it a Synchro no matter what, I want it to stay a Synchro, no Fusions.....

I play with fusions, and glad fusions=op'd in my opinion - I've witnessed that power.....Bleh, I should have never messed with Glads as people don't want new things in Glads....

@sgrug: You think I might be unaware of things when I'm actually understanding it, but skill drain never helped me out when I needed it, so buff up a little man...All staples that people call staples never once helped me.....except revival ones of course....

I have many friends who are genius deck builders and I could copy all the decks made online, and they'd still win....

Besides, I refuse to make it a fusion, or an Xyz as I prefer Synchros still b/c I like Synchro's, they are White, and my fav. color......So, I'm giving archetypes new ways to look at things.....

------------

But beyond this, please give aid to making it balanced and playable, hence why I even posted it after all.....

[quote name='White Archaic Dæmon' timestamp='1322351839' post='5668051']
@sgrug: You think I might be unaware of things when I'm actually understanding it, but skill drain never helped me out when I needed it, so buff up a little man...All staples that people call staples never once helped me.....except revival ones of course....

I have many friends who are genius deck builders and I could copy all the decks made online, and they'd still win....

Besides, I refuse to make it a fusion, or an Xyz as I prefer Synchros still b/c I like Synchro's, they are White, and my fav. color......So, I'm giving archetypes new ways to look at things.....

------------

But beyond this, please give aid to making it balanced and playable, hence why I even posted it after all.....
[/quote]
It's not playable at all. You have little to no knowledge about how glads work. GG sir.
Unplayable.
3/10 you dont make cards in RC coz you like the color.
You make em playable, nevermind w/e you want.

well, you get 10/10 for the artwork, white, really well done

glad you said UP TO 4 cards on the field since your opponent might not have that many

as for the final effect, that one is a real sticker

the problem is the only specification you gave is you can't summon that synchro again, nothing more

every other GB is fair game, and that just might end up being too much, maybe specify it more

I agree with everyone here the card destroys the tag feature of the gladiator beasts. (As the monsters go to the grave and not to the deck). Would have worked as a contact fusion though. So conceptually you have missed it and don't deserve more than a 6/10.
Sorry for being such a bum.

Let's vote on if people will even use this card.
my vote "no".

Well, written thought it was overpowered, so I really have to wonder what the difference is between these places......But I'll revamp it, don't worry, I'm making 2 new versions.....

@Rag: Thanks for the art comment....

I'm so going to fix this up to your points now.....

@Whoever said graveyard, well, actually, I copied that part from the fusion gyzarus, its materials did not go to the graveyard, they went to wherever I said they did....

I'll have a better updated card of this shortly....

@sgrug: Precisely, I made an card in RC that I liked into making it balanced, not change it to fusion b/c you want it that way.......B/c I want to make a Glad Synchro that is balanced and Realistic.....think about it.....

This isn't going to be ran in Gladiator Beasts, ever. Seriously, GB's rarely Synchro Summon (if at all), and if they do, they're not going to use 2 Level 1 Tuners and a Gyzarus to get this out. Seriously, Gyzarus does pretty much the same job minus the up to 4 card destruction effect. Really, that effect alone isn't worth the hassle to get this out.

So yeah, agreeing with Tsubaki here.

[quote name='White Archaic Dæmon' timestamp='1322409761' post='5669467']
Well, written thought it was overpowered, so I really have to wonder what the difference is between these places......But I'll revamp it, don't worry, I'm making 2 new versions.....

@Rag: Thanks for the art comment....

I'm so going to fix this up to your points now.....

@Whoever said graveyard, well, actually, I copied that part from the fusion gyzarus, its materials did not go to the graveyard, they went to wherever I said they did....

I'll have a better updated card of this shortly....

@sgrug: Precisely, I made an card in RC that I liked into making it balanced, not change it to fusion b/c you want it that way.......B/c I want to make a Glad Synchro that is balanced and Realistic.....think about it.....
[/quote]

just let us know when you change the effects, k?

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1322412386' post='5669567']
You [u][b]suck [/b][/u]at understanding posts. Nobody told you to make an overpowered GB tuner.
[/quote]

No, not what at all, I don't stink at understanding posts, but even if I did at what you all are saying, it'd be underpowered in my mind and all of written section and if I'd make it like you ask, it'd be overpowered in the written section.....

So, I understand you and stuff, but I'm trying to make the card fit in both spots......and please never use that word again, I hate it, I treat it as an cus word and if I owned my own forum, that word would never be used or perma-ban......I know you can freely use it, but I still say its a cus word in my mind, so please don't use that word....

@Rag....I'll make changes, but I'll have to do it at home proly tomorrow....

[quote name='White Archaic Dæmon' timestamp='1322419938' post='5669769']
@grionack: No, I knew what you meant, I was just saying in order to make it playable, the tuner would have to be overpowered according to all of you....
[/quote]

Nobody freaking said the tuner has to be overpowered. Seriously, where the f*** are you getting that idea from?

[quote name='White Archaic Dæmon' timestamp='1322424798' post='5669931']
@Royce: B/c the tuner will be underpowered in your minds yet it will be overpowered in my mind and all of written section, so that's why I'm judging the tuner based on trivial projection.....
[/quote]

We can't say if the Tuner is broken until we see it, but making the tuner broken so this card would be playable is just bad card creation.

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1322428725' post='5670125']
We can't say if the Tuner is broken until we see it, but making the tuner broken so this card would be playable is just bad card creation.
[/quote]
As if the IDEA of a SYNCHRO for GLADS wasn't dead and unplayable enough.
Wht is he trying to prove by making this? Making matters worse, he shows little to no knowledge of the TCG. Hurp durp i think glads r OP hurp durp. -_-

Requesting move to the Joke Section

Archived