Pwnage Circuit: Reign Oof Monarchy V1.3

You know you love them, so I'm posting another deck for you guys to netdeck, hehe.

Love j00 all!

[Reign of Monarchy V1.3]

[40] Total Cards

[10] Tributes

[3] Cyber Dragon

[2] Mobius the Frost Monarch

[2] Raiza the Storm Monarch

[3] Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

[13] Non-Tribute

[3] Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive

[3] Gravekeeper's Spy

[2] Mystic Tomato

[2] Card Trooper

[1] Sangan

[1] Treeborn Frog

[1] Spirit Reaper

[9] Spells

[2] Brain Control

[2] Soul Exchange

[1] Pot of Avarice

[1] Snatch Steal

[1] Heavy Storm

[1] Confiscation

[1] Book of Moon

[8] Traps

[3] Sakuretsu Armor

[1] Ring of Destruction

[1] Mirror Force

[1] Torrential Tribute

[2] Trap Dustshoot

Honest opinions and helpful fixes please.

Thanks in Advance.

AshleyAlden xx

I'm going to stop you before your head explodes. Quit assuming you know so much more than anyone on this forum.

What he means is that this deck is completely unoriginal.

I know someone who runs this exact deck (almost, I think he has 3 Raizas, and 3 soul exchanges)

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I don't really hate the cards themselves, it's more the duelists who use them.

Well not really "hate". If you're looking for an easy win, then monarchs (or another mainstream deck) would be the way to go. But that gets way too boring, I prefer to use original decks, even if they don't win at first, I can almost always polish them off to be fairly competitive.

Unlike lil kids (not implying you are), I play to win. What's the point on spending ?x000 on some pieces of cardboard if you're not gonna get anything decent out of it. Sure it's fun at times. But the adrenaline rush is much better than any "fun time" with mates.

Remember: Meta is Better.

Unlike lil kids (not implying you are)' date=' I play to win. What's the point on spending ?x000 on some pieces of cardboard if you're not gonna get anything decent out of it. Sure it's fun at times. But the adrenaline rush is much better than any "fun time" with mates.

Remember: Meta is Better.[/quote']

I like the adrenaline rush you get when an original deck you created is making a Meta-deck user sweat. (That happened today, I WAS SO FREAKING PROUD OF MYSELF!)

I also play to win, I just feel uncomfortable with using someone else's idea to win.

Personally, a player has to first get used to the style of the deck, then he must personally edit it to suit their play style and preference.

So it may have been someone elses deck, but you're the one changing it for better/worse.

And there's no perfect deck and there never will be, so you cannot reach a perfection stage of deckbuilding.

Yeah, I guess you have a point. But most of the Meta Variant decks are only off by about 6 or 7 cards from one another (at least the ones I've seen).

Don't you ever get tired of playing against the same types of deck all the time?

I'd personally just go into a tourny with my Wind Village deck if I though it'd bring some variation to the tourny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not such a bad deck. It's great and all' date=' but it just annoys me that a cyber dragon and monarchs are in most decks nowadays. Besides that, great deck. 8/10

[/quote']

Well, if you like sitting on tribs try running seven monarchs without them.

Maybe drop a sak for ceasefire. It saving your spy, or treeborn from the dreaded crossout while dishing out some damage can be very handy, and with this much hand and field abuse I dont reckon you need to worry about too much attacks anyways. If you think it would help, as I dont play with monarchs often, perhaps add a mind crush, as against mole, sangan, and with dustshoot you gain even more advantage.

This deck is very playable regardless..

I dont see why everyones yelling just because its generic. If you take a gander at top 8 regs and SJC decks their almost all the same, with an OTK here and there. Yes its nice to play for fun sometimes and to see originality but theres also fun in cold tactical wit's clashing. And this is a deck forum, where decks are posted to be critiqued, not bashed because their too good(which is essentially what some of you are saying).

I dont see why everyones yelling just because its generic. If you take a gander at top 8 regs and SJC decks their almost all the same' date=' with an OTK here and there. Yes its nice to play for fun sometimes and to see originality but theres also fun in cold tactical wit's clashing. And this is a deck forum, where decks are posted to be critiqued, not bashed because their too good(which is essentially what some of you are saying).

[/quote']

Yeah, I was kind of cringing as I read my old posts, and that thought was coming to mind.

I guess throughout my comments I never actually said this deck was any good, which it is.

I was just wondering your exact uses for 2 Mystic Tomatos in your deck?

It seems like the only worthwhile cards to summon are Sangan or Spirit Reaper. Or do you have two do if your opponent has multiple attacking monsters you don't have to let them kill Sangan. Or is it, in case you have BoM F/D you can summon one of your flip effect monsters, then BoM it to get it's effect... or is it all of those. [/i]

Archived