A quick question

Alright, so I'm dueling my friend, my Equip Warrior deck vs his Yugi deck. I summoned my Gilford the Lightning with 3 tributes, and go to destroy all his monsters, he flips Old Vindictive Magician, and thinks that the effect can resolve.

I always thought flip effects only work when they are either attacked or flip summoned in the main phase.

My question is, do flip monsters work that way?

Alright, so I'm dueling my friend, my Equip Warrior deck vs his Yugi deck. I summoned my Gilford the Lightning with 3 tributes, and go to destroy all his monsters, he flips Old Vindictive Magician, and thinks that the effect can resolve.

I always thought flip effects only work when they are either attacked or flip summoned in the main phase.

My question is, do flip monsters work that way?

There is a thread for this.

http://forum.yugiohc...72-yu-gi-oh-qa/

But you're right, Gilford doesn't flip Vindictive.

BLOODY HELL THE NINJAS.

Guest Yuzuru Otonashi

No because you don't flip a monster when it's destroyed by card effect. I assume ninja'd. Either way this topic is now about FLIP effects.

THREAD HIJACK:

discuss the FLIP mechanic. How good is it for the game, does it affect the meta, can any decks greatly benefit from it, etc. I guess you can discuss the "fake" flip effects too.

inb4trolljar&raikou

lrn2read

Flip Effects aret that useful, lately, though some still pack a punch.

Night Assailant = more lousy card design for granting a limit. Seriously it'd be a lot better than Sinister Serpent.

FLIP mechanic = a good way to balance effect that would otherwise be too abusive or too generic. Also not used that much anymore. It should though.

Other than Flip Flop Frog, all other fake FLIP monsters I can currently think of are kinda inferior due to needing the Flip Summon.

They are overall fun. Only ones I really see sometimes are Morphing Jar, Fat Hamster, and Gravekeeper's. With the even more unusual Penguins and Ninjas. No, actually I don't even see Ninjas.

Guest Evil Tristan

Playing Tag Force 5 = playing a year ago. Teching morphing jar and/or quickdraw into the randomest s*** won games.

Also there's irl FLIP support?

Yes, but it isn't very good, and doesn't affect cards like Snowman Eater which makes them even worse.

Snowman Eater is another monster that activates identically to a FLIP Effect, but isn't one. The only real difference between the two is the support/anti-support.

Oh yeah, forgot that one.

Playing Tag Force 5 = playing a year ago. Teching morphing jar and/or quickdraw into the randomest s*** won games.

Also there's irl FLIP support?

There is a Quick Play from the pack "Ancient Sanctuary" that returns a FLIP from your Graveyard to the top of the Deck. Then Shallow Grave kind of is FLIP support, although it helps fake FLIPs too. There is also some more meh stuff here and there. Not really that much, and finally there is anti-flip support.300px-RoyalCommandGLD1-EN-C-LE.png

I remember the good old days when people actually sided both Noblemen along with Pulling the Rug, only to be stomped by a 3rd random deck that the side didn't cover. Extermination might actually be playable this format, weed out those Warnings and D-Prisons and all that.

Their face when you crossout their Ryko.

THREAD HIJACK:

NightAssailantDT03-EN-DNPR-DT.jpg

discuss the FLIP mechanic. How good is it for the game, does it affect the meta, can any decks greatly benefit from it, etc. I guess you can discuss the "fake" flip effects too.

inb4trolljar&raikou

epic fail i thread hijecked liked second post.

Archived