Emo/Screamo

Mr.Robot

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Y2Jgrave VS the WORLD' timestamp='1322921205' post='5682670']

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/eOZNt.gif[/img][/center]
[center]Screamo isn't about screaming vocals only. The two comment above me already explain why you're wrong so I'll just do this instead to show why you're wrong.[/center]

[center]This is what you dig:[/center]
[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRC6r-BBag[/media][/center]

[center]So of course you don't know this music exist:[/center]
[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0CfaXJSqeA[/media][/center]
[/quote]

I'll accept that I was wrong. I made a mistake, I can live with that.

What I find insulting is that you think that from 1 song I like you can assume my entire music taste. Ironically, I like Circle Takes the Square.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1322926030' post='5682775']

What I find insulting is that you think that from 1 song I like you can assume my entire music taste. Ironically, I like Circle Takes the Square.
[/quote]

He WAS in the fault with that.

As long as you can accept that you were wrong, no problem here.

[center][quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1322926030' post='5682775']

[/quote][/center]

[center]Nope, usually your average person who listen to scene stuff doesn't really know much about the genre but humanity surprise me from times to times like how there's a lot of people who listen to melodeath also listen to a few emo/screamo from times to times or how those who listen to screamo/emo also enjoy what some might call scene bands like Blessthefall or The Word Alive.[/center]

[center]And yes, I did come out as insulting and I apologies.[/center]

well, Evil Tristan now realized that he was wrong and ignorant and Y2Jgrave apologized for being a twat, let's all be friend eh?

Anyway, surprising thing is, the list of emo/screamo bands on the first post's not complete yet so any band that I missed or is there any band you think it might be screamo/emo, please kindly post it here.

also, post more song here damn it.:P

Emo music is okay in my opinion. I think that It really depends on what kind of artist you're listening to. For instance, you could be listening to Never Shout Never who I like as an Emo / Rock alt. artist and not like it. I guess it really depends on the person. Obviously there are bad artists and obviously there are those that are good, it's just finding a clear line between what is good Emo music and what is bad. That is the difficulty in my opinion.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1324013001' post='5710237']
Arch Enemy.

[/thread]
[/quote]

Wrong! Arch Enemy is a melodic Death Metal. Screamo on the other hand is just a more screaming version of emo because emo also include screams in their song structure. So, it's not only about screaming, it's also about the instrumental of the genre.

[quote name='Travie' timestamp='1324062944' post='5711065']
Emo music is okay in my opinion. I think that It really depends on what kind of artist you're listening to. For instance, you could be listening to Never Shout Never who I like as an Emo / Rock alt. artist and not like it. I guess it really depends on the person. Obviously there are bad artists and obviously there are those that are good, it's just finding a clear line between what is good Emo music and what is bad. That is the difficulty in my opinion.
[/quote]

You're wrong too. Never Shout Never is no even close to emo. Read the first post and the rest of the post of the thread to find out why you're wrong.

[quote name='Phantom Stranger' timestamp='1324095533' post='5712122']
Wrong! Arch Enemy is a melodic Death Metal. Screamo on the other hand is just a more screaming version of emo because emo also include screams in their song structure. So, it's not only about screaming, it's also about the instrumental of the genre.
[/quote]

[IMG]http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12069/12359421.jpg[/IMG]

I will agree that Arch Enemy has a lot of "Melodic" parts, but c'mon. Find me another band who has a chick screaming.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1324098188' post='5712155']
[img]http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12069/12359421.jpg[/img]

I will agree that Arch Enemy has a lot of "Melodic" parts, but c'mon. Find me another band who has a chick screaming.
[/quote]

Screaming =/= screamo.

Oh and there's plenty of bands with female scream vocals. Google is your friend.

[quote name='Phantom Stranger' timestamp='1324095533' post='5712122']
You're wrong too. Never Shout Never is no even close to emo. Read the first post and the rest of the post of the thread to find out why you're wrong.
[/quote]
Eh, he has emo origins which he has stated in an interview. But whatever, I'm not bothered. Lol.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1324098188' post='5712155']
[img]http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12069/12359421.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Just to name you a few
[color=#ff0000][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]Iwrestledabearonce[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#ff0000][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]Rolo Tomassi[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]Epica[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]Sinergy[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]In This Moment[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]System Divide[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#ff0000][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]The Agonist[/size][/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]I would go on but this is clearly the wrong place for them as neither one of them are remotely close to screamo. The closest would be Rolo Tomassi which is a metalcore band with elements of post rock/metal and those in red are the bands with a female screamer that are 10x better than Arch Enemy.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3]Edit: There's one screamo band with a chick as a screamer.[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=3][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7dCNFkW0Ls[/media][/size][/font]

And as for the [b]"[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I will agree that Arch Enemy has a lot of "Melodic" parts" [/size][/font][/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]well, there's tones of emo/screamo bands that's melodic but still posses the sound that makes the genre. [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooGFcNCcG00[/media][/size][/font]

[quote name='Travie' timestamp='1324133771' post='5712485']
Eh, he has emo origins which he has stated in an interview. But whatever, I'm not bothered. Lol.
[/quote]
The hell does that mean?

[quote name='Travie' timestamp='1324133771' post='5712485']
[/quote]

Saying you're an emo band =/= makes an emo band.

He probably also thinks that emo is "wah wah wah I cut myself lul" because that's what people think. That's not what's true, though. Emo's usually happy as hell (aside from things like American Football's self-titled). If you listen to a [i]real [/i]emo song then proceed to listen to NeverShoutNever, you'll see the difference.

As for CTTS, there's actually like three vocalists. Two scream, one does backing in songs like Enter By The Narrow Gates (you know, the tribal-sounding parts).

Emo and screamo are both great genra's. Some (of course) sound generic but there's quite a few bands who f***ing blow my mind that are emo/screamo.
Best Emo Album(imo):The Silence In Black And White by Hawthorne Heights OR Something to write home about by The Getupkids.
Best Screamo Album(imo):First 3 Underoath Albums. f***ing amazing.

[quote name='I'm Riku you mad bro?' timestamp='1324237742' post='5715363']
Emo and screamo are both great genra's. Some (of course) sound generic but there's quite a few bands who f***ing blow my mind that are emo/screamo.
Best Emo Album(imo):The Silence In Black And White by Hawthorne Heights OR Something to write home about by The Getupkids.
Best Screamo Album(imo):First 3 Underoath Albums. f***ing amazing.
[/quote]

[img]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/D3yd/lolwut.jpg[/img]

You obviously didn't read any other part of the thread. At all.

[quote name='I'm Riku you mad bro?' timestamp='1324240007' post='5715491']
Yup. Because the last time I checked, people were allowed to have opinions.
[/quote]

But the bands you listed aren't emo or screamo. I didn't say they suck. Sure, I'm not a fan, but I'm not belittling your taste in music. They just don't belong in this thread given the fact that they aren't actually what the discussion is about.

Ach ach ach ach ach ach ach so many misconceptions galore. Teacher time go!

New wave emo =/= emo! Emo is the glorious genre filled with happy parties in basements in big cities and having an amazing time and being happy. The only sad emo I can think of off the top of my head is American Football's self-titled album, which is just a tearfest.
Screaming =/= screamo! Screamo is the glorious genre derived from [i]real [/i]emo and mixed with hardcore-punk influence that is filled with frantic screams and amazingly interesting patterns on all instruments.

Dude you have some fact checking to do. A lot, and don't act like a teacher when you're teaching the wrong subject! While what you're saying may have been 90's emo or even 80's emo. 00's emo is completely different. Once you get past trying to sound and take a chance to look at the actual music scene itself, than MAYBE, just MAYBE you can justify what you're typing but for now you're wrong as s***. BESIDES, its my opinion on musical genra's isn't it? So stop shoving you're opinion down my f***ing throat.

You're getting awfully angry.

This topic is [i]about [/i]80's-90's emo. New Wave emo has no place in this topic, as it's not the topic at hand. If you want to talk about 00's emo, then make a topic for that.
As far as the opinion thing, the fact that Underoath isn't screamo is a [i]fact. [/i]I'm not shoving my opinion down your throat, I'm correcting you on something you're wrong about. Whether or not something is screamo isn't an opinion, it can't be. It can't be my opinion that Circa Survive is hard rock because that simply isn't true.

[quote name='Phantom Stranger' timestamp='1322721753' post='5677980']
It all started in 1984, with punk band [color=#ff0000][b]Husker Du's[/b][/color] and the band [color=#ff0000][b]Rites Of Spring[/b][/color] started to include element from hardcore punk and straight up alternative.They only lasted for two years, but the effect was nonetheless important; Bands like [color=#ff0000][b]Embrace[/b][/color] ,[b] [color=#ff0000]Moss Icon[/color][/b], and [color=#ff0000][b]Dag Nasty[/b][/color] followed suit, with a new brand of hardcore punk: a little more structure, a little more heart. The term "emo" didn't come until years later, after most of these bands were dead and gone, but everything still lived on. Emo was short for Emotional Motivated Hardcore which could be identified by the lyrics but mostly by it's instrumental.

Over time, this sound morphed. [color=#ff0000][b]Bands like Cap'n Jazz[/b][/color], [color=#ff0000][b]Sunny Day Real Estate[/b][/color], and [color=#ff0000][b]The Get Up Kids[/b][/color] took the tenants of the genre, the abstract lyrics, the abrasive hooks, and spun them in different ways, injecting other genres into the mix.

The 80's emo music had a run in with the newly formed post hardcore genre with bands such as [color=#0000cd][b]Fugazi[/b][/color], [color=#0000cd][b]Girls against Boys[/b][/color] and [color=#0000cd][b]Minor Threat[/b][/color]. With 90's hardcore scene dominated by post hardcore bands like [color=#0000cd][b]Glassjaw[/b][/color], [color=#0000cd][b]Blood Brothers[/b][/color], [color=#0000cd][b]Thursday[/b][/color] and [color=#0000cd][b]Thrice [/b][/color], emo returns with a different sound where the bands of that era incorporated sound from grind and post rock. These bands, like [color=#ff0000][b]Pg.99[/b][/color], [color=#ff0000][b]City Of Caterpillar[/b][/color], [color=#ff0000][b]Joshua Fit For Battle[/b][/color] would be consider as screamo as they're basically emo with heavier sound or more screaming.

Modern emo music can sound like either the traditional emo or from it's screamo era as they are consider as one and be called as Skramz. (i.e [color=#ff0000][b]Circle Takes The Square, Envy, Pianos Become Teeth, The Subways[/b][/color])
[/quote]

'twas implied.

[color=#9BA2A9][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Modern emo music can sound like either the traditional emo or from it's screamo era as they are consider as one and be called as Skramz. (i.e [/size][/font][/color][color=#FF0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Circle Takes The Square, Envy, Pianos Become Teeth, The Subways[/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#9BA2A9][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3])[/size][/font][/color]

Archived