Number 32: Sea Biting Dragon Shark Drake [ANIME]

"No.32 海咬竜シャーク ドレイク Nanbaazu 32 Kaikouryuu Shaaku Doreiku (Number 32: Sea Biting Dragon Shark Drake)
Rank 4/WATER/Sea Serpent-Type - Effect, Xyz/2800 ATK/2100 DEF
3 Level 4 Monsters.
This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except with a "Number" monster. Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach an Xyz Material from this card. Special Summon that monster from your opponent's Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field. That monster loses 1000 ATK. Then, battle a monster Special Summoned by this card's effect.

[quote name='Fire King Hi-Oh' timestamp='1323126747' post='5689208']
"No.32 海咬竜シャーク ドレイク Nanbaazu 32 Kaikouryuu Shaaku Doreiku (Number 32: Sea Biting Dragon Shark Drake)
Rank 4/WATER/Sea Serpent-Type - Effect, Xyz/2800 ATK/2100 DEF
3 Level 4 Monsters.
This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except with a "Number" monster. Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach an Xyz Material from this card. Special Summon that monster from your opponent's Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field. That monster loses 1000 ATK. [b]Then, battle a monster Special Summoned by this card's effect[/b].
[/quote]
inb4ejaculation

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323130925' post='5689428']
I thought the effect stated it's SSed in ATK Posiiton. If not, it's your Effect, so you'd pick the Battle Position. I'm not sure why you'd SS it in Defense, considering you already destroyed that monster once, and get the chance to battle it again with 1000 less ATK.
[/quote]
[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323130925' post='5689428']
I thought the effect stated it's SSed in ATK Posiiton. If not, it's your Effect, so you'd pick the Battle Position. I'm not sure why you'd SS it in Defense, considering you already destroyed that monster once, and get the chance to battle it again with 1000 less ATK.
[/quote]
was just checkin to see who had control of its position when its resummoned otherwise your opponent would just put it in Defense >.>. But ok good to know that controller of him picks

Actually, I should maybe clarify slightly. The player directed to Special Summon chooses Battle Position if it's not specifically stated ATK or DEF Position.

If it says "Your opponent Special Summons..." they pick. If it tells you to SS something, even to opponent's field, you pick the Battle Position.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323131384' post='5689457']
Actually, I should maybe clarify slightly. The player directed to Special Summon chooses Battle Position if it's not specifically stated ATK or DEF Position.

If it says "Your opponent Special Summons..." they pick. If it tells you to SS something, even to opponent's field, you pick the Battle Position.
[/quote]

ok so in others words since this is Specifically Special Summoning the monster it killed you pick right? (sorry just trying to get clear picture of this guy)

Number 32 directs YOU to Special Summon the destroyed monster to your opponent's Field. You'd pick the Battle Position, because you're the one Special Summoning the monster, regardless of the fact it's (probably) your opponent's monster from their Graveyard.

If it said "Your opponent Special Summons the destroyed monster...", then they'd choose the Battle Position, assuming the text doesn't specifically tell them what Battle Position to pick.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323132017' post='5689498']
Number 32 directs YOU to Special Summon the destroyed monster to your opponent's Field. You'd pick the Battle Position, because you're the one Special Summoning the monster, regardless of the fact it's (probably) your opponent's monster from their Graveyard.

If it said "Your opponent Special Summons the destroyed monster...", then they'd choose the Battle Position, assuming the text doesn't specifically tell them what Battle Position to pick.
[/quote]

alright got it now thanks. Seems like something for a fun decks and I would use this in my ALO deck for the lulz

It was used by III, but he used a Continuous Spell that made the summoning requirements of an Xyz Monster -1 monster (So he overlaid 2 Level 4 monsters to summon this). However, when that Continuous Spell is destroyed, the Xyz Monster's control switches.

III used Number 32's eff, so Shark decided it was safe to take it, unlike in Acid Golem.

Shark summoned
[size=8][b][color=#FF0000]S[/color] [color=#FF8C00]K[/color] [color=#FFD700]U[/color] [color=#FFFF00]L[/color] [color=#00FF00]L[/color] [color=#008000]K [/color][color=#2F4F4F]R[/color] [color=#008080][/color] [color=#000080]K[/color] [color=#0000FF]E[/color] [color=#4B0082]N[/color][/b][/size]

To destroy that Cont. And he took control of Number 32.

After Shark won the duel, III gave it to him.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1323142941' post='5690032']
It was used by III, but he used a Continuous Spell that made the summoning requirements of an Xyz Monster -1 monster (So he overlaid 2 Level 4 monsters to summon this).
[/quote]
Was just about to ask about this.

Should've been only 2, but I guess Konami is cautious around that ATK.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1323181645' post='5690482']
Was just about to ask about this.

Should've been only 2, but I guess Konami is cautious around that ATK.
[/quote]

Considering the effect and ATK, 3 Materials is acceptable. But it won't be as good competitively as Disigma or Shock Ruler. But it's better than Tin Archduke.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323185767' post='5690544']
Considering the effect and ATK, 3 Materials is acceptable. But it won't be as good competitively as Disigma or Shock Ruler. But it's better than Tin Archduke.
[/quote]

Fun similary to Archduke is that TA has an effect similar to Junk Garnda and Number 32 resembles Nitro Warrior

Archived